In Between The Lines| BOOK #2...

Av thinkingofthoughts

COMPLETED Penn State University. Home to the craziest sorority girls, most obnoxious football players, and a... Mer

Welcome! Characters + Info + More
introduction
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve 
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty-one
sixty-two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
sixty-seven
sixty-eight
sixty-nine
seventy
seventy-one
seventy-two
epilogue
bonus chapter one
Somewhere In The Middle Introduction

twenty-six

58.7K 1.2K 2.2K
Av thinkingofthoughts

Sloane Beck

As the day went on my feelings grew more intense.

Matti came home first to find Blake and me leaning over Stella who was laying down on her play mat-she was staring at us. Matti said it was a moment he will remember forever because his child united two parties.

Blake obviously slapped him upside the head after that comment.

When Naomi came home it was an hour earlier than everyone expected. She said her boobs felt like they weighed as much as Newton's Balls. Matti, of course, couldn't miss his opportunity to shine with a lovely comment around the words of "were they as full as my newton balls?" Blake nearly fell off the couch and Naomi nearly threw out her shoulder punching Matti.

I grew more comfortable around the baby as time went on and it was nice. It was nice to be around a baby and not think about the overwhelming jealousy I used to have for babies.

"Nice job, mommy." Blake would whisper those three words in my ears every second he got and by the end of the day-I wasn't aiming to punch him anymore. The words were sweet nothings and he was becoming more tolerable.

Who was Blake Day? Well-my opinion still stands that he's still a cocky asshole that is infested with daddy's money. But, there was something there that I hadn't seen before.

He had a heart-he just had to find it himself.

"Lovebug, will you get me a beer?" Naomi and Matti's eyes shot to the two of us-frozen as they heard the pet name Blake had given me. Matti's face showed more of a look of shock while Naomi was curious.

Curiosity killed the cat Naomi-don't even ask.

Speaking of cats, Mimi made her lovely appearance midway through the lovely babysitting session and she even ate dinner with us. The dinner consisted of noises such as a sleepy baby, cutlery hitting ceramics, and small talk. Not to mention Blake and Matti saying "Here pussy, pussy, pussy." Every time Mimi walked near the two of them.

They would never grow up I was seriously worried for Blake's future children and Stella.

"I can't. The fire is melting my plastic legs," I nodded to the fire pit we were sitting around. Blake gave me a small smirk before tipping his glass beer bottle towards me before drinking the last sip.

"Actually, Sloane-let's go check on Stella." I didn't have a choice or say in what I did next with my body since my melted, plastic legs were being dragged by a tipsy momma bear.

"Jesus NJ-you taking Matti's steroids?" I rubbed my arm as we charged towards the backdoor. "Babymomma! Two beers please!" Matti yelled from the fire pit. I snorted as Naomi flipped him off while stepping inside the kitchen that had the backdoor entrance, or one of them.

"This kitchen is just amazing," I was amazed every time I walked into it.

This kitchen settled the love-hate relationship I had with it.

"I know, I've grown so attached to this house. I don't want to leave it." She whined as I chuckled. "Convince Blake to sell it to us. I don't want to move into the megamansion that Matti is building." She pleads as we walked barefoot through the house, up the stairs towards Stella.

"I don't have any leverage over him so I don't know what you want me to say to him. But megamansion? Jeez, I want a barbie dream house too." She rolled her eyes at my comment as we stepped into the semi-dark room.

"I know I have a monitor and I can track everything on my phone but it's easier if I just see her with my own eyes." She defends herself as she walks closer towards the sleeping baby. The gray crib held the tiny baby who was dressed in a light pink onesie. A cream-colored blanket covered her.

Even in her sleep, you could see how much she looked like Matti and Naomi.

Just looking at this kid made me regret every single Plan B or birth control pill that I have ever taken.

"God-I'm obsessed with her," I whispered as Naomi giggled. "Me too, I want her to stop growing. Time is going so fast." She whispered back to me.

"Just have another one," I tapped her body with mine as she sighed. Shaking her head, "No, my body was put through the wringer. Maybe next year." She replied.

"How did today go? Matti said it went well but you know how optimistic that douchebag is." We sat in the two rocking chairs that were next to each other in the corner of the room. Kicking my feet up on the leg rest, my shiny legs gleamed in the sunset.

My white crewneck and black spandex made me even comfier than my regular sweatpants and sweatshirts. The fire had been hot and the air was cold-this was a good mix. And the mosquitoes were finally fucking dead.

As much as I wanted to die, I'd rather my blood go to something other than a fucking mosquito.

Quietly clearing my throat I shrugged, "I think it went good." I pushed my hair behind my ears, but I quickly became nervous under the tiny smirk she shot at me. "Why? Did he say anything?" I fired the question at her as she chuckled.

"No-I'm just wondering what's going on." I nodded at her answer to my question trying to act as calm as possible. "Quit tweaking Sloane. I approve of whatever is going on and so does Matti." She crossed her arms over her chest smiling at me.

Trying to act as cool as a cucumber I released a calm breath of air from in between my lips. "Does he like me back?" I asked her as she raised an eyebrow. "Blake?" She asked for clarification.

I nodded as she pursed her lips at me, "Blake likes nobody Sloane. You have to show him how to like you. He wasn't born with feelings, he's a robot. You program them into him," She flashed me a smile.

"But-I think he has been more pleasant to you than he has been in the past so I think that is saying something, don't you?" She adds on as I hesitate thinking about that.

But he was just pleasant to me before because I owed him something. He was only pleasant to me before because he wanted to 'use' me. Blake Day never likes anyone except himself. I knew he liked me-but I didn't know to what extent. Did he like me enough to date me or did he like me enough to hate me?

I fucking hated men and relationships.

But then there was Caden.

It wasn't even about getting Caden back anymore-it was about getting revenge. And if he came back then.... He came back. If Blake didn't like me then oh well, at least Caden knew that his ex-best friend fucked me better than he ever could.

"Hello? Earth to Bologna? You wanna go get another drink?" She asked as I chuckled. Nodding, I slowly stood up out of the rocking chair, and quietly followed her out of the room. The hallways were dark and the black staircase made me feel like I was walking into the pits of hell.

Which technically, I was. I was walking down closer to Blake Day.

"Are you as tipsy as I am right now? Or is it because I never drink anymore?" Naomi giggled as we reached the first floor. I snorted at her, "No-I think you're super tipsy. I'm slightly buzzed but I'm not crazy." I grabbed her hands as we skipped towards the kitchen which had the beer cooler. "Good thing I pumped enough for like a month that way I can just give my boobs some time to chill because of all of this alcohol. I don't need a drunk baby," I agreed with her words.

Grabbing another wine cooler for me and another beer for Blake, Naomi and I walked towards the back door. However, I was the first one to exit and apparently the only one doing so. "Matti! Come here!" I snapped my head towards Naomi as she winked at me.

"Coming baby!" I heard him say something to Blake before it wasn't long till he reached the door. I gave her a panicked look as she sighed, "Go-have fun. I'm going to have fun," She winked at me before Matti saluted me.

"Sloane. Babymama," He spoke our names before smirking at Naomi and shoving herself and him back into the kitchen.

Gross.

With the two drinks in hand, I walked towards the temperamental boy who sat by himself around the fire that couldn't amount to the temperature of hotheaded he was. The music slowly played in the background as the fire sparked due to the wood.

Clearing my throat, I motioned for him to look at the bottle in my hand. He nodded at me, "Thanks," He grabbed the bottle out of my hands before popping the cap off. I looked at him in amazement as he stares at me.

"Didn't that cut your hand? You're supposed to use an opener?" I motioned towards the various openers that surrounded us. He shrugged as he took a sip. His gaze however never left me or my body.

"Nice legs," He commented as I froze while sitting down. Quickly recovering I smiled, "Nice arms," I motioned towards his raging muscles peeking out of his shirt. He laughed at my weak attempt to flirt and due to my liquid courage- I wasn't even hiding it anymore.

I was really into Blake Day and the alcohol made it worse.

The lines weren't blurred anymore even though I was tipsy, I wanted to fuck him over and over and over and over.

And maybe fall in love for a couple nights in bed too.

Grabbing the bottle opener, I opened the cap to my wine cooler taking a sip, while listening to the fire crackle. Various outdoor lights were shining around us as the sky graced us with her darkness.

"So tell me Barbie," My head snapped towards him and his words. "What's on your mind?" He asked as he smirked at me. What was on my mind? Oh, he knew what was on my mind. He was so fucking hot and he knew he was.

"What's on my mind? You're asking me what is on my mind?" I asked him as he chuckled. I watched as he spread his legs further in his chair, before readjusting his dick. I gulped as I watched him motion for me to come to sit on his lap.

But to win the game you had to play hard to get.

Acting like I didn't see the gesture I decided to play along. "I was thinking about the shower I took today, it was long and hot. The pressure was really intense too. All of me was so relax and I was so warm and wet-" He coughed as I teased.

Taking another sip of my drink, I continued to face the fire. "What's on your mind, Blake Day?" I asked him as he whistled a familiar tune. "Dance with me?" His question had my head snapping towards him and I wasn't even hiding the shock on my face.

"Dance with you?" I repeated the question but he was already out of the chair, drink set to the side and he was heading for me. Holding out his tattooed covered arm, he smiled at me. "Dance with me, Blondie Baby?" Setting my drink to the side, I hesitantly stood up-his hand engulfing my own.

"Listen, I've never done this before and this is t exactly a grinding song-" He cut me off by yanking me.

However, his strength was no match for my body as I smacked into his chest.

Nervously I let out a small laugh as he smirked at me. He was playing games and he knew how to run them well. "I don't bite, Barbie." He whispered as he gripped my body and fingers.

"No-but you do bark." He smiled at me as I fumbled around his small sways. "And it hurts worse," I muttered as I looked at the ground. Suddenly, I was twirled around until I was facing him again.

"You bark as well puppy, just letting you know." He whispered the words to me, so faint that I almost didn't hear it. For the next minute, we just enjoyed the touch in each other's arms.

Well-I enjoyed it. I don't know if he was but the tingles that were being set on my body were as if he just threw me in the engulfed fire pit. His touch was the medicine and I was sick for it.

"Is this a good date?" He asked as I laughed.

That's right.

We were supposed to be on a date.

"Well I mean-it doesn't compare to the dates at the five-star restaurants or the private jets to foreign countries." He laughed at my greediness but I shot him a lazy smile. "Yeah, this is fun." He nodded at me.

"It's a good friendship date, yes?" He asked as I chewed on my bottom lip.

"Yes, friendship date. You're right," I nodded hoping that the boy who knew how to read me like an open book would close the chapter. Staring into my eyes he started humming before swaying me around more.

"I've got sunshine on a cloudy day," He sang the words to me as I giggled. "When it's cold outside, I got the month of May." His fingers gripped mine as he swayed. "I guess you'd say what could make me feel this way," I was spun around and my back was to his chest as he sang in my ear.

"My girl," He whispered as I shuttered as his breath turned me into ice even though we were next to a fire.

Spinning me back around, he winked at me as I smiled at him. "Do you do this to all girls?" I teased as he cracked a smile. "Only the ones who mean something," I was a fucking goner.

Blake Day was a professional flirter and as hard as I tried to knock him off his high horse-I was loving every second of being with him. Fighting, crying, and all of it. He was a completely different person than he had been in the past.

"All of them probably mean something then," I comment as he narrows his eyes at me. Bringing me closer to him he muttered words that had me hot, "I don't have anyone else's initials tattooed on me."

I needed my clothes off now and his too-gone, burnt, throw them in the fire. Shit-fuck me in the fire. I was in deep. Taking in a deep breath, I stepped away from him as I reached for my drink. He sat where I was once sat before I could claim my spot once again.

He patted his lap for me and I hesitated.

If I sat down on his lap, more than talking would be going on.

But I didn't have a choice in the matter as I was yanked down onto his left thigh and my legs were thrown over the other arm of the chair. My head laid against his chest, his chain gleaming in my face.

His aftershave and cologne were making me hornier than I needed to be. Nuzzling my face in his neck, his hands rested on my thigh and lower back. "So," He spoke clearing the air.

It was hard to focus on his voice when his throat was right there. It was so suckable and I was about to draw blood at this point. I was way too tipsy to be sitting on top of a boy that was capable of what he was.

Blake Day had bad written all over him except when he was in bed.

"I was thinking, beautiful." I'm not thinking. My brain is out of my body at his words.

"That," His fingers started to rub against my thigh. I released a shaky breath from my lips-if this was going where I thought it was going, I needed to control myself or his lap was about to be drenched soon.

"You could do me a favor?" I nodded at his question. Yes, I would gladly do any sexual favor he needed me to at this moment. I was his way before he started to sing that song to me.

"Sloane," He called out my name, trying to regain my attention. I was there but he made me dizzy. Pulling away from his neck, I smiled at him. "Yes?" I asked as he nodded at my awareness.

"I have a proposition," I nodded for him to continue. He however didn't start speaking until he readjusted me on his lap. Somehow, someway-I was now straddling the boy who I wanted to dry hump until my little heart's desire ran out.

I released a whimper as I felt him against my spandex. He smirked at my reaction as he positioned himself again against me.

"Be my girlfriend?" I froze.

Was I hearing this? Was I this drunk? Did his penis make me that horny?

My manifestations from the entire day must have worked because he wanted me. The guy whom I wanted for once actually wanted me. The risk I was weary to take, was paying off.

He wanted me back.

It wasn't all in my head.

"I mean not like my real girlfriend obviously but the same scenario as last time. We could get you Caden back and for me-well my parents would love to have you in my life again." His lips grazed my forehead as I felt my heart crack.

I was foolish.

"I would love to have you in my life again," He rephrased his words as I mentally paused.

The alcohol had worn off and I tried to hide my facial expressions. Trying to build back up my tough shell, I had to remember who I was. I shouldn't let anyone get to me-especially not Blake Day.

Even if he had the most amazing eyes.
The most dreamy smile.
He smelled like heaven and it made me want to pull myself out of hell.
And his fucking body made me want to scream.

He was the worst thing for me but I wanted him to ruin me.

Deep down, I was sad.

Why did I think a guy who I would let treat me like shit and fuck me any time he wanted would actually like me? Silly me.

The fire behind us was now surrounding me-I was engulfed in flames and he couldn't put me out. I wanted off of his lap but the simple idea of being with him even if he didn't like me was intriguing.

But was even more intriguing; I could fuck up Caden's head with this.

I could get revenge-I could get even.

I shouldn't let anyone step or walk all over me-especially not a Penn State boy.

I deserved to give him hell for what he did to me-I knew that he was already jealous, I knew that he wanted me back, I knew that he still thought about me.

"No bribery, no journal-nothing. Just me and you, taking on the world. We get you your boyfriend back and I get to live a normal life because if I do crazy things, at least the press would think I had a girlfriend to keep me humble." He explained his reasoning and I was debating.

Mentally-I was ready to go to war against Caden and Sam.

Fuck him, I wanted to ruin his relationship and him.

Physically-I could hypothetically get dicked down every single day, multiple times a day by the guy I had feelings for.

But could I do it? Could I spend all the time in the world with the person who I was day by day becoming more attached to? He wasn't a jerk anymore and he was starting to like me.

With more positives than negatives on the line, I smiled at him before nodding. "Okay. But on one condition." He raised an eyebrow as I smirked, "I don't want Caden back." He furrowed his eyebrows.

"I want to get revenge." I smiled. "I want him to regret ever cheating on me, I want him to miss me. I want him to hate the fact that we're together." He nodded checking off all of the boxes that I listed.

"And you can't be an asshole to me. I swear, one mean word and I'm gone Blake Day. I'm a strong, independent woman that doesn't need a little boy like you screwing up her plans." He let out a chuckle at my words.

Spreading legs further, he pressed more into me to the point where I could feel him throbbing. "I'm not little, Barbie." He winked but then nodded. He kissed my forehead, "Done deal. Welcome to the world of being Blake Day's girlfriend," He spoke as I mentally gathered my thoughts.

I had just received a one-way ticket to hell with the devil himself but if there was any experience I had ever learned before from men it was this: leave before you got left.

I wasn't letting anyone hurt me anymore. I was Sloane Beck, I was a bad bitch. I didn't deserve to be treated like shit because I was a fucking Barbie-I was perfect and I was going to make sure Caden Wright saw that he missed out on the best thing to ever happen to him.

And somewhere down along the way hopefully, Blake Day would catch real feelings for me and see that deep down, I was perfect for him.

Information about eating disorders.

If you need to seek help, please do. You're not alone!

National Eating Disorder's Association Helpline: 1-800-931-2237

Crisis Textline:
Text CONNECT to 741741

Depression and anxiety are serious issues that should be addressed. We need to end the stigma around them, I love you all. Don't feel ashamed ever to be depressed or have anxiety.

The National Suicide Prevention Hotline is: 1-800-273-8255

If you are having thoughts about harming yourself please talk to someone- my messages are always open and my comments are always open as well.

The stigma around mental health must end!

Hey besties,

And so the fun starts. (wink wink).

Double Update on Friday.

Thanks for everything.

xoxo.

Vote and Comment!

Connect With Me!

Instagram: thinkingofthoughtswrites

Tiktok: thinkingofthoughtswrites

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

320K 8.8K 44
Every girl needs their world to be rocked at least once. While Aiden Bradford believes he has everything he's ever wanted for his senior year at UCLA...
373K 7.4K 49
all of his attention is on her no matter how he feels about her. He don't want to like her He don't want to want her He don't want to love her. But...
124K 2.7K 55
{COMPLETE} Bayside University Book 2 Bethany Harris is in love. In love with school, in love with her family, in love with Teddy Wilson, a guy who h...
2.2M 52.7K 39
[COMPLETE!] "My best friend's brother grew up. Hot." Alexis is months from finishing college and starting a fashion label in New York. Years of plann...