THE RUNAWAY PRINCESS | TECHNO...

By HoshiUtsukushi

Rest well, King. More

THE RUNAWAY PRINCESS
PLACES
CHAPTER ONE | ORPHAN
CHAPTER TWO | THE START
CHAPTER THREE | AN INVITATION
CHAPTER FOUR | INTRODUCTIONS
CHAPTER FIVE | THE BATTLEFIELD
CHAPTER SIX | CONVERSATIONS
CHAPTER SEVEN | BLACK FOREST
CHAPTER EIGHT | LOST OR FOUND
CHAPTER NINE: INTERACTIONS
CHAPTER TEN: UNEXPECTED VISITOR
CHAPTER ELEVEN: FIGHTS AND RECOVERY
CHAPTER TWELVE: HOME
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: PLANNING
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: MASQUERADE BALL
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: DRINKS
CHAPTER SIXTEEN: LIGHTS OUT
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: REVEALED
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: BOOKS AND TIME
CHAPTER NINETEEN: ATTENTION
CHAPTER TWENTY: DISCUSSION
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE: POTIONS
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO: MISUNDERSTANDINGS
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO: RAGE
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE: MEETING
CHAPTER TWENY FOUR: HELP
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE: FIRES AND LETTERS
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX: THE WRATH OF THE BLADE
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN: THE WEDDING
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT: THE AFTERMATH
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE: FOODS AND LOVE
CHAPTER THIRTY: CAW
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE: WARM CUDDLES
TALES [ALEXANDRA]
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO: HORNS AND VISION
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE: TROUBLE ON THE SNOW
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR: SCHEMES AND GAMES
CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE: FEELINGS
BURNING MEMORY.
CHAPTER THIRTY SIX: TALK
CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN: ON THE MOVE
CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT: MUFFINS
SPECIAL CHAPTER [TECHNOBLADE'S BIRTHDAY]
CHAPTER THIRTY NINE: ROSES AND THORNS
CHAPTER FORTY: ADVENTURE
CHAPTER FORTY ONE: PERPLEXED
CHAPTER FORTY TWO: GLARES
CHAPTER FORTY THREE: THE TRIAL
CHAPTER FORTY FOUR: REGRET AND GUILT
CHAPTER FORTY FIVE: COMPANION
CHAPTER FORTY SIX: RECOVERY
CHAPTER FORTY SEVEN: SNEAKING
CHAPTER FORTY EIGHT: HUGS
CHAPTER FORTY NINE: TALK
CHAPTER FIFTY: DOUBLE DATE
CHAPTER FIFTY ONE: NETHER DATE
CHAPTER FIFTY TWO: ICE SKATING
102K READS SPECIAL!!
CHAPTER FIFTY THREE: TRUST
10 QUESTIONS
What the fuck is this chapter
CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR: QUESTIONS
CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE: SNITCH
CHAPTER FIFTY SIX: RACE
A note
Y'ALL
YALL ITS POSTED
Final A/N

[SPECIAL CHAPTER] Chpt. 0.1: DREAM

2.2K 86 84
By HoshiUtsukushi

Just a heads-up, this is not the in-between castle ;) also i guess this is also dream's backstory ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He was alone, he's been always alone.

Alone in that white castle built out of nowhere.

There's no escape, no exit, no freedom.

He was stuck.

As the days, weeks, months, years passed. He learned to accept his fate, he also learned that he can't age and can't starve by the help of the books that was scattered in the colorless kingdom.

He tried every possible way to escape the colorless kingdom, but sadly. His attempts was useless as the kingdom proved to him that he can't do anything to leave the place he found familiar with.

He always asked himself, why? Why him? Why is he here? So many question rang in his head that was left unanswered.

In that white kingdom, his bright green hoodie was the only thing that looks vibrant. His emerald eyes held no emotions in them as he walk around the kingdom, he has so many questions that were left unanswered-

Or maybe theyre just waiting to be answered.

Either way, he wa sure that there's no way out of this colorless kindom.

After years of living here, he still isn't sure what his purpose here. Did the gods just chose him to trap them there? Did they put him there because he was supposed to do something?

Is there even a god out there?

He went upstairs of the castle where he would often go, to the balcony. For some reason the balcony always put him at ease, after being desperate of freedom he learned to be one of this world.

He knew he doesn't belong in this world, he was supposed to be on an actual world. Not a decoy world.

When he opened the balcony he was shocked to see a table with a single book laid there. His eyes widened and he looked around the place, just as he expected- no one was there.

Or maybe he was wrong.

He approached the book, it was already open at a certain page.

Hello, dream.

The letters on the book read, he tilted his head. 'is dream supposed to be my name?' he then turned the page, reading the words written there.

I am sure you are aware that you've been here for years. Do not fret, you are here for a reason.

For years, we have kept you here without saying the reason. and now that we think you're ready, i think it's time to explain everything.

For some reason, dream was afraid to turn the next page. With enough courage-- he turned the next page.

This kingdom is named The Opal kingdom. this kingdom had been abandoned for ages, without a protector it's been infested by time travelers and creatures that don't belong here

We always try out best to keep it at bay, eliminating every creature that dared to enter this realm.

There's many other kingdom as well like this, we have the in-between kingdom, the jade kingdom, the ruby kingdom, and many more.

Each kingdom is located in the middle of nowhere, each of them have a purpose too. The in-between is in charge of time travelers. They order the time travelers to fix the past or see the future, it's one of the most powerful kingdom.

From what I know, that kingdom is slowly losing its spark. their time travelers had been put to an eternal sleep, they only have their last and best of the best time traveler left. An unknown entity had entered the in-between, causing the other time travelers to fall to an eternal sleep.

His name is Karl. You will meet him in the near future.

The same happened to the Opal kingdom, the Opal kingdom also had their last hero but unfortunately, he has been already put into an eternal sleep decades ago.

I managed to keep this kingdom at bay for decades, keeping away any time travelers or creatures to enter this kingdom.

But i believe it is now the time to for the Opal kingdom to become a brand new kingdom again.

I had summoned you, dream.

You are our last hope, please do help us.

Dream was baffled, his mouth was agape and his eyes were wide. So is that why he's been trapped in this kingdom for years? He did have a purpose after all.

He turned the page with a shaky breath, his eyes slightly shaking.

You have the right to decline and agree. We will respect your decision.

If you happen to agree to our help, we promise to give this kingdom to you. Not only that but we also will give you powers to control the kingdom, we are willing to give you anything you want. It could be power and money, it could be people that you will rule over, we will give you anything.

All you need to do to get these powers is go to a certain world, collect all four books that is important in this kingdom. Those books have the future of this kingdom, we cannot afford to lose them.

Once collected, you must go to the end realm and return to the Opal kingdom.

If you happen to decline, we understand your decision. We will put you in a world where you can live happily ever after, you'll have a family who'll love and care about you, you'll have friends who you can lean into, you can have a wonderful life there.

Please do think of your decisions first.

If you had already made up your decision, call out to me.

Shocked and confused, that's what he's feeling right now. 'i've been stuck in this world just because I'm a chosen one to save this kingdom?' glaring, he grabbed the book and threw it at the floor with a scream.

"I don't want this! I just want to live a normal life! I didn't asked for this! Get me out of here!" He yelled, his voice shaky and desperate.

His eyes teared up as he lean to the table, his body shook uncontrollably in anger and confusion. "I don't belong here! Please! Let me go!" He exclaimed, glaring at thin air.

"God! Whoever who's out there! Help me! Please! I'll do whatever you want! Just please... Get... Get me out of here..." Soon, his screaming turned to quiet sobs as he fall to the ground, kneeling as he wipe his tears in his hoodie sleeve.

He curled up in a ball, sobbing. He didn't know what to feel. His emotions were all over the place right now, anger, sadness, baffled, all of these are too much to take in. He just wanted to get out of here and live a normal life.

For some reason, he found himself missing the life he never got to live.

"I understand how you feel, mortal."

A booking voice echoed, jumping to his feet he quickly look around before his emerald eyes stopped at a figure. His eyes widened again, a person? No, maybe a god?

He was wearing a circular mask, it have the carving of the letter X and D. Dirty blonde hair were poking out of his hood as he hovered on the air, he was wearing a green cloak. Underneath that green cloak was a black and green colored kimono, on top of his head were two golden halos. On his back were four wonderful white wings.

Dream had been alone for all of his life, he didn't know how to act when around a certain person. Instead, he just asked. "God..?" He spoke out.

The god was silent for a second before sighing, "i suppose you don't want to be here anymore, I am really sorry for all of these." The god paused, looking at dream. his expression unreadable because of the mask.

"You decline my call for help, yeah? I understand your decision. Please tell me the life you prefer and I'll put you there." The god simply spoke out, his voice echoing through the kingdom.

Dream opened his mouth, eager to tell the god what he really wanted for years. But instead, he paused. Instead of describing the family, the friends, the world he wanted to have he asked out, "Why..?"

The god tilted his head, dream noticed this and rewored his words. "Why me? Why did you chose me?" He asked out, tears still streaming on his eyes.

The god stiffened at the question, after a moment of silent he smiled under his mask. "Why?" The god repeated, "It's because I seen some potential in you, mortal. I see determination, confidence, potential, and a heart that's so strong no one could harm it. What I'm saying is that you're different."

"Not that kind of different, you're different because you're not willing to give up from your hopes and dreams. You wanted to actually fulfill them, I see that in you."

The god smiled, "and that potential in you gave me hope. Maybe you are the one who can fix this broken kingdom."

"But i suppose you have the right to decline." The god's voice dropped to a low tone.

Dream and the god fell quiet, none of them dared to utter a word. The god was merely just waiting for dream to describe the world he wanted to be, he was patient enough to wait for his answer.

Dream's mind recalled to the god's offer. If he managed to save this kingdom then he'll have anything he wanted, he can have his family and friends living here, he can have powers to protect them.

He can have everything.

Greed, greed is a strong feeling amongst humans. They could not avoid greed, it's something that's much more powerful than a human's brain, once it entered to the human's mind it will take control and force the human to do what it wants.

For short, dream was consumed by greed.

"I... Agree. I accept your call of help."

Dream finally answered.

The god perked up, his wings slightly flapping a hit faster than normal from excitemed. He kept his calm composure as he coughed in his balled fist.

"Thank you, mortal. I put my trust and hope to you, please do your best to save this kingdom."

With that, the god gave him a book. The cover was a white color and a green swirl in the middle of the book, with cautious eyee-- dream grabbed the book and opened it.

"That book is a gift from me. It will help you for your mission, all of the people in the world I will put you in have their past and future written in that book. Please do take care of it."

Dream opened the book, it's pages have the color of white, black and red. The instructions were written in the first page of the book, when he turned to a certain page he came across multiple names that doesn't ring a bell to him.

The god was right, their future and past are written to the book.

"I will leave this book in your care, do your best to bring back the light of this kingdom."

Just before the god flew away, dream reached a hand out. "Wait!" He exclaimed, the god stopped in his tracks and looked at dream. Dream swallowed a lump in his throat before speaking, "Can... Can I have a little help? How do I find these books in that world?"

The god was silent for a minute before speaking, "i suppose you need help at that."

"Each books are in the hands of a certain protector. The first book is in the hands of the in-between last time traveler, Karl. the second book is in the hands of the ruby kingdom's best protector, the blood god- technoblade. The third book is in the hands of the jade's kingdom's best protector, The goddess of death, Kristin. And finally-"

"The last and final book is in the hands of the dawn kingdom's princess, Fiona woods."

The god then extended his hand out, a bright golden glow emitted from it before a mask similar to his came out of nowhere. Instead of the carving letters a smiley face was in it.

"At last, this is my final gift to you. This mask will help you locate the protectors who have the book easily, please do talk to them properly for the sake of the Opal kingdom."

"Do not break this mask whatever you do, once broken you'll be teleported in this realm once again."

»»--⍟--««

Karl stood there, a determined and shocked look were on his face. He had been assigned to travel back in time to fix a mistake someone made, though he wasn't given a clue on who's this someone is by the gods.

Dream stood in front of Karl, he had explained on how he had been the chosen protector of the Opal kingdom to karl and on how he need that book to save the broken kingdom.

Karl believed him, however-- he is very far away from giving the book to dream.

He doesn't want the book because he wanted to fix the kingdom.

He want the book so that he can get whatever he wanted.

That's not how a protector should behave.

Karl has fixed many timelines before, the gods had offered power and anything he asked for in return of his kindness. But instead of asking too much he declined their offer, saying he just wanted them to help the broken timelines.

He felt bad for the god that resides in the Opal kingdom.

They chose the wrong protector.

"Please, give me more time to think about this- your majesty." Karl said, bowing.

He is in a timeline where dream is a king along with his other two friends, respect is still aquired.

But apparently, respect isn't really necessary when he is talking to a person who will be the end of the Opal kingdom.

Dream was quiet for a moment, pissed. Pissed that Karl didn't give the book right away to him, he just wanted this get over it and ask the god of the Opal kingdom for power. He might sound desperate but he always reason to himself that it's the effect of being trapped in a world for so long to the point he became desperate to have everything in the palm of his hands.

Instead of lashing out, he smiled. "I understand, please do take your time."

»»--⍟--««

While reading, someone bumped into you, causing you to stumble backwards but not enough to fall down.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry, are you okay?" A voice spoke.

You look at the person who bumped into you, he has brown locks that's everywhere. He wore goggles on top f his head and his clothes were mismatched with colors but it managed to look cool on him.

"It's fine." You smiled, dismissing his mistake.

He sighed in relief and you looked at him once more, isn't he one of the guest that you invited over to the masquerade ball? You are very sure that he is.

"Have we met?" You suddenly asked.

He looked at you and smiled, "I think so, I saw you once or twice at the masquerade ball." He said and you smiled, confirming your thoughts.

"I'm really sorry about what happened, it must've scared you." He said, motioning to your mother who's currently bedridden.

"It's fine, I'm currently finding for a cure to help my mother." You said before flipping a page to your book.

He pulled out a book too, it's cover was draped in color purple and a green twirl was on the middle of it. There's no title written on it.

He then flipped it open and skimmed through the pages a while before stopping in a certain page, he then started reading it.

"What is that curse anyway? What did my mother did for her to put that curse on her?" You spoke, your voice low.

You then looked up to the man then closed the book in your hand. "I'm Y/N by the way" you smiled and extended your hand. "Karl Jacobs at your service." He grasped your hand and smile.

He then shook it then let go, he closed his own book and handed it to you. "Here, I'll let you borrow this book for a while. Send me a letter if you want to send it back." With that, he put the book in your hands and he left the library.

"Wait!-" before you can even continue, you heard the door opening then closing. Meaning he already left. You looked down at the purple and green book in your hand, why did he left his book on you?

»»--⍟--««

Karl was really disappointed when Y/N returned the book, he trusted the girl to keep the book safe. So that when he leave this timeline the book will be in safe hands, that book is blessed by the gods of the in-between kingdom. once in someone's hand it can grant anyone what they desired.

He trust her enough to keep the book safe.

He assumed that the girl was too shocked to see what was the book contained. he knew she had read the book on the look of her face, he don't blame her- the first time he read the book startled him and baffled him too.

With all his knowledge on this timeline, it's too dangerous for him to stay any longer.

He knew why the Etaireía nystaléon agorión kingdom and the Omáda óneiro kingdom started the war at the first place.

It was a fight for the books.

But instead of revealing the truth to the public, the two kingdom's agreed on keeping the secret to themselves.

Karl was disappointed, the god of the Opal kingdom had chose the wrong protector for their kingdom.

A protector should be neutral, they should know what to do first before acting. he could've talked to them in peace for the sake of the opal kingdom.

But no, dream was an impatient person. He wanted this all to be over it in one blink, instead of peace-- he chose violence to get the books.

He also knew why dream agreed to marrying the heiress of the Damon kingdom, it's because of their one certain maid. He wanted to be closer to the kingdom to talk to the maid and use the kingdom's power to help him take over the Etaireía nystaléon agorión kingdom.

»»--⍟--««

"Give me the book!" Dream yelled, slamming Karl to a wall- a hand wrapped around his throat as he try to crush Karl's windpipe.

"I will not give you the book! You're only using it for power! You don't actually want to save the kingdom!" Karl managed to exclaimed despite feeling his air cutting out.

Dream ignored Karl's reasons, he tightened his hold on his throat and smiled menacingly. "If you don't want the in-between kingdom to lose their last hero then I suggest you i give the book to me." He threatened the time traveler who's eyes widened and started thrashing around in his hold.

Karl suggest his hand to his pockets and pulled out an ender pearl, dream saw this and wa about to confiscate the pearl when Karl threw it away. the pearl flew out of his window and onto the grassy ground, the pearl exploded and purple particles surrounds the area. Karl felt the ground hit his foot and was quick to quickly run away from the kingdom.

When hidden, he pulled out the book he was supposed to give to Y/N. The purple cover was familiar to him, he pressed his palm to the green twirl on the book and changed an unknown language.

The wind picked up and he opened his eyes to see a purple and green portal, "KARL!" he heard dream yelled.

Instead of looking back, he entered the portal. the portal ate his body as it teleported him to the in-between castle, the portal disappeared just when dream was about to jump into the portal.

Karl needed a long conversation with the god of his kingdom.

He just wished that when he was gone in that timeline nothing will change that much when he comes back, he still wanted to help this timeline be a better place.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 1.5K 47
❮ • • • 𝐋͢𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐎 𝗟𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗹𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝟭𝗵 𝗮𝗴𝗼. 𝗠𝗖...
7 0 10
A collection of DSMP fics I have posted on Archive Of Our Own (AO3)
425K 11.8K 63
tommyinnit Angst (requests are open!!)
10.7K 394 21
After the loss of their brother Wilbur...Tommy begins to shut down. Struggling with how he feels, with depression getting the better of him, despite...