𝐌𝐘 π‘πˆπ•π€π‹

By todayisfriday

Enemies to Lovers, sexual tension, and romance is included in the story. Estella is a pogue, she spends her w... More

Authors Note
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21

CHAPTER 6

7.1K 81 179
By todayisfriday

"I wasn't planning on sleeping anywhere else." I said walking slowly to the bed in which he lay shirtless, his body taking up most of the space.  I was dark but I sensed him glancing my way, his lips parting as if he wanted to say something.

He seemed to hesitate but replied. "Fine." Was the only word he said when I walked closer to the bed, laying on the old mattress and having to smell tobacco and the odor of earth while a gust of wind swirled in the air. I shivered at the cold breeze in the room, I hugged myself hoping it would bring back heat to my body.

His chest was pressing against my back, the bed feeling warmer with him in it, I felt surrounded. My shoulder was against the wall, I gathered my arms closer to my abdomen so that we were not touching but it was useless.  Suddenly his arms hugged my waist, his fingers curling around my ribs.  I felt the strong pull of his hands, my heart started to beat faster, my breath shaking slightly.  I tried to move but it was practically impossible, especially when Rafe is the size of the bed.

  I was hyper aware of every movement he made, as the silence stretched, I began to relax my arms.  I shut my eyes, not wanting tomorrow to come.

***
I woke up to the sound of someone talking, I figured Barry has people over. I opened my eyes, a ray of sunshine blinded my vision.

Rafe was standing above me, putting on a shirt.

"We don't have much time, let's go." He said with clenched teeth, stuffing clothes and what seemed to be a gun in the duffel bag.

I stood up, putting on my shoes and rubbing my face with my palms. I looked up at him, his lips pressed together.

"We need to leave. Now." His chest heaved slightly as he spoke.  He grabbed a funnel bag, putting it over his shoulder. I walked up to him, pulling on his shoulder.

"Rafe wait-" before I could finish my sentence Rafe grasped my wrist almost gently with a angry intention.

"Don't ever touch me again, Pogue. Unless you want a round two, I said let's get going." He let go violently, his words sharp and harsh.

"I'm not going until you tell me where? As far as I know, you want to kill me."

"If I wanted to kill you, you would already be dead. It's after all my specialty, isn't it princess?" He had a smug smile, tracing his teeth with his tongue. He started walking, his legs moving faster and faster through the small compartment.

"Why did you do it? Why did you kill her?" I asked, my breath shaky at the thought. Peterkin did not deserve that, she was the only one that helped John B. and many other people, there has to be justice. I will hurt Rafe, the way he hurt Peterkin.

"Because I can, killing is nature, isn't it Estella?" He said my name slowly, I walked behind him, stepping off the porch. The sun finally reaching above the clouds warming my tan skin.

"Your a psychopath." I muttered under my breath, my breath hitched when he turned to me

"I prefer initiative." He tilted his head to the side. "Or rather smart, I saved my dad. That's all that matters do you hear me?" His tone was angrier now, his words spitting out like venom.

"Look at me and tell me, was it worth it? Did you smile when you took her life? Do you even feel bad for ending her life so soon?!" My hands were moving in the air in frustration, I was breathless from anger.

His green eyes didn't move, starring into my soul carelessly.

"I was protecting my father pogue, but of all people you wouldn't understand that because you happen to have no one." He was walking back to his motorcycle, his white tank top exposing his toned arms and indents on his abdomen.

"You disgust me." My eyebrows were lowered, my lips curled into a frown in pure disgust.

I sat behind him again, my hands wrapped around a murderer. Could this plan be a mistake?

Once again, a rush of wind combed my hair back, my eyes targeted to the the back of his head.

"Where are we going Rafe?" I asked as he turned to an unfamiliar road.

"Somewhere safe." He replied plainly.

"Somewhere safe? So what, were going to another drug dealers house?" I scoffed, rolling my eyes back.

"My fathers estate. We will have everything we need there."

I swallowed the spit piling up in my throat. The bike roaming as it rushed over branches and large green leaves, the sight of trees escaping the scenery replaced with one building.

The bike stopped in front of it, I looked up at it, the thick walls stretching up. He simply walked in and I followed. I walked behind him, I caught myself glancing at his wide back, the muscle indents moving whenever he shifted.

The house was cold inside, empty, but decorated with useless expensive decorations. We walked through hallways, then stopped in front of a door, which seemed to lead to a garage.

"What are we doing in a garage?" I asked moving to his side to only see tons of weapons. I stepped closer, picking up the black pistol. I observed it, turning it to see all the sides.

"Be careful, don't shoot me with that, at least not yet." He chuckled, picking up the ak, his slender fingers tracing the trigger.

I placed the gun into my bag, looking over at Rafe who was occupied with the sight of more guns.

"I'll head over to the gym." I said through a smile, hiding the slight fear in my eyes.

Sweat was gliding down my body as I hit the punching bag again. My knuckles colored with shades of purple and blue and I didn't bother to wear any gloves. I punched again and again until the only sound I could hear was the thrumming of my pulse.

"You need to use more of your body."A low voice drew me out of my trance. I looked back to see his arms crossed on his naked chest, his toned muscles gleaming with his own sweat. Clenching my teeth I turn back getting ready to punch again when two strong hands grasp my waist.

"You have to keep tension here." I fought the shiver that was caressing down my spine and shoved him away. I strike the punching bag again using the advice he gave me.

"Good." He said with a smirk.

"I wasn't seeking your approval." I snarled. He chuckled.

"As usual your gratitude is immense." He states.

"As usual, your in my way."

"I'm in your way." He chuckled as he repeated my sentence. "Tell me, who saved you? Who brought you to a safe place huh? Without me you are dead." He screamed at me, the vein on his neck showing.

"I could have protected myself, I after all have common sense and..."

"Please enlighten me." He rolled his eyes as he put the towel over his shoulder.

It was silent for a couple minutes.

"I own you." He muttered quietly but loud enough for me to hear.

"What?" I yelped, turning to face him, his lips curling into a maniac smile.

"your a pogue, you here because I allow you to be here, you get that?"

"Your sick, you don't own me." I said once again, my eyes trying to figure out the humor in his eyes.

"Say whatever you want, your stuck with me like a lapdog." He bent down to my level as he raised his chin. "Pathetic." his words came out raspy, his tone calm but filled with amusement.

"Your just bored aren't you. It's pathetic how you view yourself, your not so different from me, Rafe."

"I hate it when you say my name." He muttered to my face, his cold breath skimming my face down to my neck.

"Your worthless Rafe, no one loves you, not even your family. Pathetic." I mocked him, a smile creeping on my face when he hovered over me with a frown.

"That is where your wrong." He said pointing his finger to his chest.

I turned my back on him with satisfaction. His tone getting louder as I walked through the door with my middle finger in the air.

I walked to my bedroom shutting the door behind me, letting out a heavy breath. That was something I thought to myself. It was dark outside, the moon standing still above the earth, the stars sprinkled all over the sky. I figured I can't work this out with Rafe, I need to leave. As fast as possible. I grabbed my black bag, putting it over my shoulder, putting the gun into my pocket.

I left my room, opening the door slowly, causing it to make a slight squeaky noise.

I scrunched my nose, hoping he wouldn't hear that. I walked through the annoyingly long hallway and opened the garage door.

It was pitch black in the room, the only sound was my heavy breathing. I heard a noise not too far from me, I walked backwards, pointing the gun in front of me. The lights were turned on, still dim and dark but still visible. I continued to walk backwards when all of a sudden I bump into his chest, his hands curling around me neck.

"Rafe, let me go." I said through a rasp, my throat being pushed together by his hand.

"You little slut. You were planning to escape all along huh?" I was choking, my hands grasping his slender fingers, fighting too escape his strong grip. He let go, causing me to fall on my knees, I touched my neck, I felt the indents from his rings. I was angry, blood rushing through my body, my eyes filled with hatred and craving for revenge, justice.

I weakly stood up, backing away from him, pointing the gun at him. He laughed, his lips parted. A gun in my right hand, a set of throwing knives on my waist. Across the room his eyes met mine. Challenge flickered in his razor features, provocation in his green eyes.

"Scared?" He asks, voice rich with intoxicating venom. I hate it, I hate how it suited him so well.

"Of you, never." I scorned. He gleams, a bitter smile.

"Your screams will help me sleep."He tilted his head, feign innocence.

"Oh, I forgot this is the only way you can make girls scream." I smiled, my head tilting to the right.

His scowl is priceless, I enjoy bringing him to his knees, but then, something shifts. An ease to his demeanor.

"You know, love, I didn't take you for an idiot."

I continued to point my gun at him, confused.

He started to walk closer to me.

"Don't move!" I yelled out, he only walked to me slowly, the gun pressing on his abdomen.

"Do it Estella, I know you want to. Are you scared!" He yelled out.

I pulled the trigger.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.9K 141 46
It's been seven years. Is she naive to think he could have changed? It's been years since she left Kildare for New York - seven years since she calle...
11.2K 77 11
Numinous /ˈnjuːmΙͺnΙ™s/ (Adj.) Describing an experience that makes you fearful yet facinated, awed yet attracted - the powerful, personal feeling of b...
44.6K 642 28
"πΏπ‘œπ“‹π‘’: it will kill you and save you, both" - Lauren Oliver. Julia Wasson had ties to Kildare Island. Her mother grew up there on The Cut. She ne...