Love Comes To Many In Strange...

By LadyBrandon23

A Lucas North Story that has been floating on my computer for a while. It Is not the piece I am currently Wor... More

Chapter One: Jilted Lovers and Broken Hearts
Chapter Two- White Blank Page
Chapter Three : Science and Faith
Chapter Four: Arise
Chapter Five: I know You Want Me...
Chapter Six: Time to open up to her
Chapter Seven: Need You Now
Chapter Eight: Better Than Love.
Chapter Nine: Lazy Song
Chapter Ten: I was a mess you see. (Give the Strength to me)
Chapter Eleven: I hurt You But I Am Trying To Protect You.
Chapter Twelve: Unspoken
Chapter Fourteen How To Save A Life...
Chapter Fifteen: Gave you all...
Chapter Sixteen: Last Night Last
Chapter Seventeen: Learn You Inside Out.
Chapter Eighteen: I May Not Have The Softest Touch...

Chapter Thirteen: She Is The Sunlight

625 7 0
By LadyBrandon23

Chapter Thirteen: She Is The Sunlight

Lucas was fidgeting he never fidget he would always be the person who would remain still calm. Especially if he was on Spook mode. He was still no closer to finding Ryan. For someone who was not trained at being a spy he was bloody good at it. Lucas thought if only he had got to MI5 before he went down the root he did he would have made an excellent agent.

Although it was the weekend and fast approaching Christmas, Lucas was not expecting to be having a day off in the foreseeable future. Not while Hayley could still be in danger. He had not left her flat in the wee hours of the night for over a month now. He did not know what he was expecting. Did he think that Ryan would be stupid enough to in broad daylight or in the dead of night knowing full well that Hayley would be protected to just get her? Was he really that stupid? Lucas could not be sure. So sure enough he had not stopped watching Hayley's flat every night and he would not stop until He had Ryan Cooper.

LNLNLN

Andy approached the location that Ryan had sent to him. It was a dingy flat but after what his brother had been through while in Russia he was sure Ryan thought this was some sort of paradise. He knocked on the door.

His brother opened the door, his five foot, nine with blonde hair looked at his younger brother. 'Andy, come in' he smiled.

Andy looked to his older brother; he was his older brother in every sense of the word. Andy idolized him when he was younger. If Ryan had told him that the world was flat Andy would have believed him. 'I have some information for you'

'Would this have anything about that beautiful teacher that you have had your eye on?'

'It does'

'Go ahead then'

'She has broken up with her boyfriend Lucas I think I have not seen him for over a month come to the school and he used to be there every day either to pick her up or drop her off in the morning'

'Anything else?'

'I was listening to a conversation that her and her classroom assistant were having, I have been listening over the last few weeks. They keep mentioning the word 'Grid' I don't know what it means, I hoped you would'

'I do' Ryan smiled, 'you have done well little brother'

'If it is to help you live a normal life Ryan then I would willingly do it' Andy embraced his brother.

'I know and you are good to me, now go back to what you are doing when I need you again I will phone you. Or if you get any more information about that pretty teacher you ring me okay'

Andy nodded walking out of the flat. He wondered exactly what Hayley had anything to do with anything with his brother's imprisonment in Russia. He did not understand the part that she was going to play in this. But he trusted his brother. If he was going to be able to get himself free then he had to trust him.

LNLNLN

Hayley looked around her flat, her boring plain flat. She thought how weird it was that now she did not feel home in it. She wondered if it was because the only time it had been home was when Lucas was here. A month well nearly over a month now and no word from him. She had cried every night since that fateful night. Her bed was somehow big and cold without him wrapping his strong protective arms around her. Whispering in her ear about how he would make it alright how he would be there in the morning. But he was not there in the morning. Although every time she awoke she thought maybe he would be. Every morning she would awake disappointed and the whole in her heart would come back. At least in her dreams he would come to her. He would be there with his beautiful blue eyes. He would tell her he loved her and would never let her go. One dream had shocked her one night Lucas had told her not to believe everything that she saw. Things were not as they seemed. She wondered what on earth could be meant by that. Things looked pretty clear to her. Lucas no longer wanted her. Or thought that there was a need for her in his life therefore he had cut her out. She did not think things could get clearer than that.

Her parents had threatened to come down for Christmas after she had told them that she would not be back for Christmas. She had managed to stop them from coming only when she explained that she would not be much company as she had Year 11 mock exams to prepare, lessons to do and a tonne of marking to do. They had asked her whether it had anything to do with the man in her life. She simply replied that he had plans with his parents and therefore she would be spending Christmas alone.  

In truth she was not sure she would be able to hold it together in front of her parents that she was fine and indeed loving London. If they questioned her about her new boyfriend, which she was sure they would. She was not sure how long she could hold it together without breaking and confessing just how messed up her life has become.

The best thing she could do was to stay here in her cold damp flat which was slowly eating at her soul and dive herself in to her marking and preparing for the term ahead.

LNLNLN

Lucas pressed the phone to his ear, he was getting sick to death with these cold callers. At first he thought that maybe it was Hayley picking up the phone needing him. But he soon realised it was not. Even the spy was not shielded from cold callers. But this one was different somehow, he could not place it. But it was not how the others had played out.

'You know if you keep phoning I will call the police' Lucas snapped.

'Why thanks Lucas' it was Dimitri, 'I was talking to you but I couldn't here you'

'Either my phone is playing up or yours is'

'Not sure will get Tariq to look at it'

'What did you want Dimitri?'

'Was just informing you that tonight is the school Christmas party'

'you have already told me that Dimitri, I thought we put in place that you were going to escort Hayley there and home as her 'Date'' As Lucas said that word he felt it get stuck in his throat. He did not like the prospect of Hayley going on a date with any other man apart from him even if it was a pretend one.

'Yes I know, I just wanted you to know I will keep her safe Lucas'

'Well if you don't you know I will have you killed'

'Funny Lucas'

'You think I am joking' he replied.

Dimitri laughed nervously and hung up.

LNLNLN

Hayley was wondering what to wear to the Christmas party she did not feel like dressing up. She was going with Dimitri talk about adding fuel to the fire. She had become aware over the last few weeks that there had been talk about him and her going around the department. About how much time they were spending together. If only the people in her department knew the reason why she was spending time with Dimitri she knew they would not think that she was sleeping with him. They would think that she was sad an unable to move on with her life.

She looked in her wardrobe pulling out a green dress; it looked a little Christmassy if anything tonight she would be able to get drunk which would be a highlight. She heard the gentle knocking at her door; she pulled on her coat and opened the door.

'Dimitri' she said, 'You are early'

'Sorry' Dimitri smiled, 'Thought we could get there early means we can go home early'

'I like the way you think Mr Levendis' Hayley nodded, 'was just thinking how I really didn't want to go tonight'

'Come on Hayley you deserve this after the term we have had, relax and forget about the world for a night' Dimitri smiled.

LNLNLN

Lucas was at the party but he was outside, he knew he would not be able to get any work done if he had stayed at the Grid or at home. He would have been worrying about her. Whether she was safe although he knew she was with Dimitri it was not the same as it was when you see the person you love yourself to know that they are safe.

He watched as she arrived with Dimitri in tow. He smiled when he saw her. The dress she was wearing was gorgeous. It would have been something that Lucas would pick for her. He sat watching her for a moment. She did not look happy. He guessed that was his fault. He wanted to look away but he could not take his eyes off her.

LNLNLN

Hayley walked into the hall where the school were holding the Christmas party for the staff to celebrate the end of a long term. The end of Hayley's first full term at the school. As a teacher. How much things have changed since she started. Dimitri smiled to her. He was a good person he had been a very good friend to her, she could see why Lucas was complimentary of him as a spy.

'Dance Hayley' it was Andy who stood in front of her.

'Afraid Andy she can't as she has already consented to dance with me' Dimitri said.

He took Hayley's hand and led her to dance floor.

'Thank you Dimitri'

'It's not a problem'

Neither of them realised that they were being watched not just by the whole staff but by Ryan also.

LNLNLN

Lucas' phone beeped he thought it might have been Harry with some information about something that could most probably wait to the morning. It had a picture message. Lucas opened it up. It was a picture of Hayley from the hall standing with Dimitri.

How pretty she looks tonight Lucas wouldn't you agree? Would not want to leave her alone?  

Lucas flew out of his car. Without even bothering to lock it up. He walked about the hall; he hoped he would be able to catch If it was Ryan. And if it was not, whoever it was that was stalking his Girl.  

He scanned the room. He met Dimitri's eyes. He then saw Hayley. Her eyes were wide and in surprise. She walked over.

'What the hell are you doing here?'

'I can't say'

'You are at MY staff Christmas party when you made it clear that we were finished' she shouted.

'Hayley please not here, I was worried about you'

'Now you care' she spat.

'Of course I care'

'Want to know if I am in cahoots with someone that I work with are you' Hayley looked at him in the eyes, 'Leave Lucas you do not get to be here. Not tonight' she turned away from him.

This nearly made Lucas fly at her to tell her that he was here because he was bloody protecting her. Because he loved her. That he was worried that a man was coming after her. A man that Lucas could not be sure he could protect her from and by him being here now he was putting her in danger that she could not even comprehend. But he was so dumbfounded by the words that she had spoken to him that he walked away. Maybe she had given up on him. Maybe he had done his job a little too well and now she really did not love him. Dimitri looked at Lucas with a sorry look in his eyes but also a look of I told you so. Lucas walked back to the car. It was then he felt tears fall from his eyes. He could not believe he had now lost her.

LNLNLN

Three weeks later After Christmas:

Andy looked to his brother. 'Yes that's right he came in the party and him and Hayley argued'

'So it is who I think it is' Ryan smiled.

Then Ryan paled he looked at his phone, 'Oh my god'

'What is it Ryan?'

'Petrov the man I was telling you about the one who has been helping me'

'Yes'

'Well he has been murdered'

'What does this mean?' Andy said.

'It means what I have planned is going have to happen a little sooner than I expected'

'When?' Andy asked.

'Tomorrow. The plan will happen tomorrow'

'You haven't told me the plan yet'

'I will brother all in good time' Ryan smiled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 152 46
(This is a fanfic dedicated to locklyle) *After the events of The Empty Grave* After the downfall of both the Rottwell and Fittes agencies, Lockwood...
19.8K 361 12
Redeeming Lucas North. Now working freelance, Lucas is tasked with stealing samples from a research lab but he has no idea how big an impact that one...
718 83 37
Say what? Aubrey Davis is in a relationship with Miles! Can the schools badass keep a scandalous relationship going and not fall in love? Or will she...
96.8K 1.8K 44
***This is my version of what happens in King's Cage. All characters belong to Victoria Aveyard*** Mare has been taken by Maven and is locked up...