Fixing a Broken Girl (One Dir...

By morganraelynl

“Promise you’ll never leave me behind Jess?” I ask her seriously. “Taylor, I swear n... More

Chapter One-
Chapter Two-
Chapter Three-
Chapter Four-
Chapter Five-
Chapter Six-
Chapter Seven-
Chapter Eight-
Chapter Nine-
Chapter Ten-
Chapter Eleven-
Chapter Twelve-
Chapter Thirteen-
Chapter Fourteen-
Chapter Fifthteen-
Chapter Sixteen-
Chapter Seventeen-
Chapter Nineteen-
Chapter Twenty-
Chapter Twentyone-
Chapter Twentytwo-

Chapter Eighteen-

263 7 6
By morganraelynl

Chapter 18-

“Can I have a kiss?” I smile looking over at Niall.  To say I’m more confident around him would be an understatement.  I feel more comfortable with him then I have with anyone in my life, which honestly scares the heck out of me.  Niall turns to me moving a little closer with a smile on his face.

“I don’t know can you?” he teases with a smile brightly on his face.

“I do believe I can,” I smile moving closer as well.

“Well, maybe,” he says leaning in the rest of the way giving me a kiss.  I smile loving the feeling of him being with me.

“You are so cute,” he smiles once he back up.  I blush and hide my face in his chest which causes him to laugh a little more.  We stay in that comfortable position for awhile smiling and talking with one another.

“Hey Niall guess what we just heard,” Harry suddenly asks coming into the room.  We both look over at him smiles still bright on our faces.

“What’s that?” Niall asks and Harry’s dimpled grin grows.

“I said guess,” Harry tells him and I roll my eyes.

“Really?” I ask getting annoyed and impatient.

“Yes really now guess,” Harry tells Niall.

“We’re getting ice cream?” Niall guesses happily and I laugh at that.

“No,” Harry rolls his eyes.

“We’re going to Nando’s?” Niall asks.

“No,” Harry replies once again.

“We’re getting pizza?” Niall guesses one last time and I laugh grabbing my stomach.

“Is food all you think about?” Harry asks Niall and he shrugs smiling.

“Well, since you suck at guessing I’ll just tell you.  Demi Lovato is on her way to our bus and will be performing on tonight’s show!” Harry smiles and Niall smiles as well while I stare over at the two feeling a pang of jealousy go through my stomach. 

“That’s cool, when is she getting here?” Niall asks Harry.

Just then we hear the door open and in comes a beautiful smiling Demi Lovato.  She looks around the room then locks eyes with Niall smiling and running over to hug him.

“Hey!” she yells happily hugging him.  Niall lifts his arms and slowly puts them around Demi lightly.  I look away trying to keep myself distracted with something else.  As I do that I catch Jessica’s eyes as she looks at me worriedly.  I give her a reassuring smile and turn back to Niall.

“It’s been a while!” Demi smiles once she backs away from the embrace.

“Yeah, how have you been?” Niall asks her and she smiles.

“Better now that I get to see you,” she smiles and I stare at her in disbelief my mouth open slightly.  Did she really just say that to my boyfriend in front of me?  Jessica clears her throat glaring in Demi’s direction.  Demi turns toward my sister looking confused.

“Who is this?” She asks Niall and Niall looks up at my sister then over to me as if just realizing that we were there.  Niall leans over and grabs my hand.

I have to admit it kinda hurts to see him forget that I’m even in the room.  I act as if nothing is different and squeeze his hand lightly even though I’m upset.

“That is Jessica, Louis’ girlfriend, and this,” Niall starts turning to me giving me a sweet smile, “is her sister Taylor my girlfriend,” Niall explains with a smile brightly on his face which reassures me that everything is ok between us.

“Wow, I’m sorry.  I totally feel bad for what I just said,” Demi says putting a hand over her mouth.  Her face looks sincere, but there is something in her tone that makes me believe that she really isn’t sorry at all.

“It’s fine,”

“You should be,” Jessica and I answer at the same time.  I glare at Jessica trying not to laugh at her answer; everyone in the room seems to be holding in their laughter as well.  Well, almost everyone…

“Excuse me?” Demi asks raising her eye brows.  Before Jessica can open her mouth to reply Louis immediately comes to her defense.

“You over stepped your place.  Niall’s girlfriend was right there while you shamelessly flirted with Niall, regardless if you knew or not it came off pretty rude,” Louis explained and Demi nodded seeming to understand.

“Well I do apologize, but in my defense I didn’t know.” She tells me and I nod showing her I understand.

“Well anyway do you want to go shopping and show me around here?” Demi asks Niall showing she doesn’t understand a word of what anyone said.

“We haven’t really been here long, I don’t even know many places,” Niall explains to Demi.  She is acting like just because we live in the UK we know everything and everywhere there is to know about the UK.

“I know, I just thought it would be fun to go out and do some things,” Demi explains and I fight there urge to roll my eyes.

“How does that sound Tay?” Niall turns asking me.  Oh yeah that sounds great… Not.

“Actually Zayn and I were going to do a bit of shopping again, but this time we were going to take Paul’s car,” I explained telling the truth.  Paul, their manager, had asked if Zayn and I wanted to take his car shopping and we had agreed.

“Oh well I guess we’ll go while you shop?” Niall asks me making sure it’s ok with me.  To be honest, I don’t know how I feel about it exactly; I know that I trust Niall though.

“Sounds good,” I smile leaning over to give him a quick kiss. He smiles and backs away.

“You ready?” Zayn asks me and I nod.

“Yeah just let me grab my phone.” I tell him leaving the room and walking back in once I have my phone.  When I get back Niall and Demi have already left.  Jessica and Louis are watching tv with Liam and Harry is texting someone non-stop.

“We’re leaving now, love you Jess!” I smile and blow Jessica a kiss.  She looks up at me with a bright smile.

“Love you too, have fun, be safe.  I’ll see you when you get back,” she blows me a kiss as well and I jokingly catch it.  I laugh then turn to Zayn.

“Ready to go?” I ask him with a smile and he nods picking up the keys from the counter.

“Hey can I drive?” I ask Zayn with a smile.  He nods throwing me the keys and then we both head over to the car.

------

Niall’s POV-

“So, how have you been Niall?  Its been forever since I talked to you last,” Demi asks me once we start walking.  I don’t really know where we are going or why I’m the one taking her anywhere.  I felt bad immediately after she acted the way she did towards Jessica and Taylor.  They may not be famous but that doesn’t make Demi any more important than them.  Plus Jessica is a model so it’s not like she is a no body.

“I’ve been great,” I smile speaking honestly.  I’ve never been this happy, but when I’m with Taylor I can’t help but smile all the time

“That’s good, so Niall why did we stop talking exactly?” Demi asks me out of the blue.  I raise an eyebrow at her question.

“What do you mean?” I ask her confused.  We haven’t talked in quite awhile; even when we did talk it was like once a month.

“I mean that I miss you Niall,” she tells me and I back away slightly. I laugh awkwardly.

“Yeah I missed you too,” I tell her and she rolls her eyes.

“I mean I miss you as in I miss talking and flirting and caring about each other,” she said and I look at her slightly taken back.  I don’t recall ever flirting or giving off an impression that I felt anything other than friendship towards Demi.

“Ok, well I think this is getting a bit out of hand here.  Remember my girlfriend Taylor?” I ask reminding her but she simply rolls her eyes and stops sitting down on a bench on the sidewalk.  I stop and sit down as well.

“Why are you with her?  She isn’t even famous, I mean sure her sister is a big time model, but Taylor she isn’t anyone really,” Demi points out and I stare at her in disgust.  So she did know who Jessica was back at the bus, she was just playing dumb.  Plus what is she trying to accomplish by ragging on my girlfriend.

“Well I disagree with that, Taylor is amazing,” I tell her and she looks sad until she stares back up at me coming closer.  Before I can even process what is happening Demi’s lips are on mine, and I’m shocked beyond belief what is she doing?  As soon as I can process what is happening enough to come back to my senses I push her away.

“Why would you do that!?” I yell at her.  I mean its one thing to kiss me, it’s another to do it in public, and to make it even worse I have a girlfriend that I care about more than anything else!

“I just thought that maybe if you saw what it was like with me, you’d want me again,” she says looking slightly hurt.  This is not the Demi I remember from before, that Demi was actually sweet and nice and it was actually decent being around her.

“I never wanted you Demi!  Do you realize what you just did?  What if a pap saw that?  What if they got it on picture, everyone everywhere is going to think we’re together!” I yell and put my hands up on my face stressed out.  Oh my gosh, what about Taylor?  What is she going to think?

I walk away from Demi and start walking back towards the bus, well atleast I think I'm headed towards the bus, I don't actually know. 

Before I can freak out any further about what just happened I get a phone call and I answer it immediately without even checking the caller id.

“Hello?”

“Niall….” The voice through the phone is in tears, and I feel my heart drop immediately.

-----

Zayn’s POV-

“Yeah, yeah, yeah, and let me kiss you!” Taylor belts out the lyrics to our song.  I laugh at how ridiculous she sounds.  Once she hears me laughing she laughs along with me and turns the music down a few notches.

“So how are things with you and Perrie?” she asks me and I smile at the sound of my girlfriends name.

“We’re really good, I mean it’s hard not seeing her a lot, but we spend our breaks together any chance we get so I guess I should be grateful for that at least,” I smile at her and she nods.

“I couldn’t imagine not being able to see Niall very often.  I guess I take that for granted.” She says sincerely and I smile.  It’s good to see them happy.  I’m really happy for Niall, but also for Taylor as well when we first met her she wouldn’t talk to anyone and she was shy and insecure.  Now she smiles and jokes around, sure she still has her shy moments but she has come a long way.

“I’m glad you and Niall found each other,” I smile at her and she blushes slightly.  I think about how much relationships and trust mean to Taylor.  She doesn’t let people in very often; she made that clear from the start.  Then Niall came along and she smiles all the time.

“I am very lucky.  He has just made everything so much easier on me.” she tells me with a smile. 

Before I can reply though the sound of a cell phone going off interrupts us, I look down to see it’s her phone and she reaches for it at the same time.  Only taking her eyes off the road for a second, but I guess a second is all it takes for disaster to hit.

I can’t really tell you what exactly happened, but all I know is Taylor’s side of the car was just hit. Hard.  We immediately fly in the air and continue to roll I hold myself in place as much as I can.  I feel as if we are in an action movie.  It all doesn’t seem real at all.  The pain isn’t bad.  Only a few pieces of glass have cut me from what I can tell.   I hear the piercing screams coming from Taylor, but I’m shocked frozen.  Its hard to focus on one thing, but all I can think about is if we are going to make it out alive.  There are so many things I haven’t gotten to do in my life, it can’t end like this.

The car hits hard on the ground one last time and I let out a sigh, but then there is a movement and the car crashes down right on Taylor’s side hitting up against her door once again.  This causes her glass to break even more, no doubt going right into her.  What just happened?  It seems like it was all a dream.

“Taylor?” I ask quietly, but when there is no reply I freak out.

“Taylor!” I scream and there is still absolutely no answer.  I turn on my side to see her lying there with blood everywhere; I have never seen so much blood in my life.  The car is still lying on her side so that leaves my side in the air and the only thing keeping me up right is the seatbelt trapping me in place.

I feel a weight in my pocket and I move my hand over to it as fast as I can, trying to hold back the tears. Once I get my phone out I dial 911.

What actually just happened?

-------

Jessica’s POV-

“You want to watch a movie now?” Louis asks me and I just smile up at him and shrug.

“I’m actually really hungry,” I admit and he smiles at me.

“Zayn and Taylor should be bringing food for us soon.” He tells me and I smile.  My sister has been so happy lately and I have no one but Niall to thank for that, he really was the best thing for her.

The sound of my phone going off brings me out of my thoughts and I look down to see it’s unavailable.

“Hello?” I answer.

“Is Jessica Winters there?” a professional women’s voice asks me and I start to get a bit nervous.

“Yes, may I ask who this is?” I say trying to be polite.

“Of course my name is Rebecca Thomas, and I’m a nurse at St. Andrews hospital.  Miss Winters, there has been an accident,” at those words I feel my whole world freeze.  Please don’t say it’s Taylor, please don’t say it’s Taylor I repeat over and over in my head.

“Your sister Taylor is here,” she mutters the words I couldn’t stand to hear.

What am I going to do?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay!  I think this chapter helped me figure out where I want to take this book and how I want to end it and everything, but I won't know for sure till I start writing more, so thank you so much for being patient with me and everything.  Thanks for reading!  Let me know what you think.... And sorry about this chapter, I'm a sucker for drama...

So if you liked it...

Vote, comment, and or fan!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9M 499K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
36.1K 2.1K 48
*COMPLETED BUT NOT EDITED* She was impossible for him. He was irresistible to her. Somewhere between a lie and bitterness, both found an attachment...
7.2M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
28.8M 914K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...