The Blind Meister (Soul Eater...

By GrimstoneRX1300

At the Death Weapon Mister Academy, students are trained by the Grim Reaper himself to hunt the Keishen that... More

Basic Info
Prologue: THE SPECIAL TWO - THE ACADEMY GETS NEW STUDENTS?
Chapter 1: FIRST DAY - COLE GETS IN A FIGHT?
Chapter 2 BLACK-BLOODED TERROR - THERE'S A WEAPON INSIDE CRONA?
Chapter 3: TSUBAKI THE CAMELLIA BLOSSOM - WHAT REAL HURT FEELS LIKE?
Chapter 4: THE MAN WITH THE MAGIC EYE - SOUL AND MAKA'S DIVERGING WAVELENGTH?
Chapter 5: THE SUPER WRITTEN EXAM - DUAL RIVALS FOR THE MEISTERS?
Chapter 6: THE SOUL EATING DRAGON - THE HELL INSIDE MY HEAD?
Chapter 7: HISTORY IN THE SOUL - A DIFFERENT WAY TO SEE?
Chapter 8: EVE PARTY NIGHTMARE - AND SO THE CURTAIN RAISES?
Chapter 9: THE UNDERGROUND BATTLE BEGINS - THE ONE WHO TOOK MY SIGHT?
Chapter 10: ASURA'S RETURN - THERE'S A POWER IN THY SOUL?
Chapter 11: BATTLE OF THE GODS - DEATH CITY ON THE VERGE OF COLLAPSE?
Chapter 12: THE GATHERING OF THE DEATH SCYTHES - THE REASON COLE LOST HIS SIGHT?
Chapter 13: 800 YEARS OF BLOODLUST - ADVENT OF THE HERETIC WITCH?
Chapter 15: THE RED HOT RUNAWAY - A MAGIC TOOL LEFT BEHIND BY THE GREAT WIZARD?
Chapter 16: LEGEND OF THE HOLY SWORD - A BLIND DATE AT LAST?
Chapter 17: THE BATTLE FOR BREW - CLASH BETWEEN ENEMIES?
Chapter 18: BREW'S TEMPEST - A FIGHT AND ESCAPE IN TEN MINUTES?
Chapter 19: INTERNAL INVESTIGATION - A GOD BECOMES DEMON?
Chapter 20: CAPTAIN'S RETURN - THE FACTORY MADE TO LOOK LIKE A CLOWN?
Chapter 21: SECRET'S OUT - KIM'S A WITCH?
Chapter 22: CAPTURE OF BABA YAGA CASTLE - TEAMING UP WITH THE WOLF MAN?
Chapter 23: DEATH OF ARACHNE - A NEW ENEMY OF THE DWMA?
Chapter 24: ADVANCED SKILLS - A PLAN TO RESCUE THE BOYS?
Chapter 25: THE SEVEN DEADLY CHAPTERS - EXPERIENCE SINS TO SAVE FRIENDS?
Chapter 26: COLE VS TSUBAKI - EMBRACING CHAOS TO BREAK MADNESS?
Chapter 27: BEACH DAY - A BIT LATE FOR THE EVENT?
Chapter 28: WAR ON THE MOON Part 1 - THE TRUTH ABOUT MORIA?
Chapter 29: WAR ON THE MOON Part 2 - A SECOND NEPHILIM IS BORN?
Chapter 30: WAR ON THE MOON Part 3 - THE FINAL SHOWDOWN? (Finale)
Epilogue: A NEW ORDER

Chapter 14: THE SWORD GOD RISES - JASON GAINS POWER?

319 5 0
By GrimstoneRX1300

The scene was showing Cole sparring with both his father and uncle. Now that he's fully discharged from the hospital, Cole immediately went back into training to master his newfound powers. So far, he's been able to move faster, his blades were stronger, and he could trigger a second form from his normal self. They soon stop to catch their breath.

Hanzo: not bad. You've kept up with all your training.

Cole: it's important that I do. How far do you think I am with my powers? It's gotta be something if I can have flaming horns and wings.

Hanzo: don't get too far ahead of yourself. You've barely scratched the surface. Remember what we taught you, Cole; do not rely heavily on one form of power. Change up your tactics, be on guard, and never indulge into your abilities for personal gain. Now, regarding your transformations, they work like a Soul Resonance—powerful moves that require a lot of energy.

Genji: you're able to tap into your basic Nephilim form easily, but it seems to go into Thanatos again, that will require Tsubaki's enchanted sword mode. That being said, only use these forms when absolutely necessary.

Cole: (bows) hai!

Genji: I think that's enough training for now.

Agreeing with that, they left the room, and Cole headed to the infirmary to check on Maka. The others were already there. Entering the room, he's greeted by Blackstar writing on Maka's face and Kid moving some stuff on the shelf. A bit aways was Naigus, as she was the new school nurse to help with Angela treat students.

Ann: hey Cole, how'd training go?

Cole: good. I managed to tap into one of my Nephilim forms to use in battle. (To Maka) how are you feeling, Maka?

Maka: aside from the fact I can't move, and Blackstar writing on my face, alright.

Naigus: don't worry. The effects should be wearing off in a couple of days.

Kid: (smiling at the shelf) finished! I've arranged all the medicine bottles to be perfectly symmetrical. You can rest easy now that your don't have to worry about those.

Everyone: (sweat drops) only you would worry about those.

A knock at the door was heard, and it opens up to show Sid.

Sid: you've got a lively bunch of visitors, Maka.

Naigus: what brings you here, Sid?

Sid: Naigus, can I speak with you in the hallway?

Naigus: of course.

They leave, and the others were curious at what that was about. A short while later, Blackstar and Tsubaki were leaving after hearing Sid and Naigus' conversation. However, they were stopped by a voice.

Cole: where do you two think you're going?

Blackstar: Sid said something about Arachnophobia that they're going to check out. They're the ones who hurt Maka, and I want payback!

Cole: (to Tsubaki) and I assume you agree to this because you're his partner?

Tsubaki: yes, and to make sure Blackstar's alright.

Cole: well, guess we better get a move on.

Blackstar: wait what? You're coming? Why?

Cole: because if this is Arachnophobia, then you're gonna need some help. I know you enough to know when you set your mind to something, it's impossible to convince you otherwise to back down.

Without further arguments, the three then headed off.

*RESEARCH LAB*

In a bamboo forest, Arachnophobia was working on a magic tool to use for their evil plans. Walking down the hall to a specific room, was Mosquito, Jason, and one of the lab workers.

Mosquito: what's our progress? Are we getting the expected results?

Scientist: the prototype has not yet achieved everything we had hoped. But I am certain that if we continue our research as planned, Lady Arachne will be pleased with what we accomplish.

Jason: so what exactly is this thing supposed to do?

Mosquito: (chuckles evilly) insanity cannot exist in a moral vacuum. Some morals must remain in order to give shape to the madness. That is where our Moral Manipulation Machine comes in. It will alter people's sense of morality without obliterating it. Even a slight deterioration will give rise to the madness we seek. This device based upon A-bon's design, will do much to further Lady Arachne's plans. (Laughs)

Jason: sounds a bit complicated, but as long as I get to fight, then I'll care less.

???: (from behind) that's all you really care about?

Looking behind, they see a tall man in jeans, long blonde hair, a gray long sleeve shirt, a piece of wheat in his mouth, and carrying a bag full of katanas by his side.

Mosquito: Jason has his orders, and he's following them. You agreed to help be our guard in exchange for the witch's protection, but perhaps you'd like a more permanent position?

???: no I'm not interested.

???: (running over) Mifune!

Running up the the man that's now known as Mifune, was a little girl dressed in witch clothing. This is the witch Angela. She runs up to his legs, hugs them, and looks up while smiling.

Mifune: (picks her up while smiling) protecting Angela is my only concern. (Rests her on his shoulder) nothing else matters to me.

Jason's Thoughts: this guy is without a doubt one of the most powerful swordsmen in history, and he wastes his talents in protecting a kid. It would honestly be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

A short timeskip later, both Meisters were fighting at the front gate as the enemies moved to engage. Luckily, they were making the perfect distraction so that Sid and Azusa could complete their mission.

Blackstar: keep comin' at me. I'll tear every single one of you into pieces.

Cole: hold on. I sense a few powerful souls approaching us. One of which...

He stops as they see Mosquito now standing at the entrance.

Mosquito: my what lively young guests we have here.

From behind him, Angela looks over to see them.

Tsubaki: (recognizes her) that girl, I know her!

Angela: ah! (Points to them) you guys again?

Cole: friend of yours?

Blackstar doesn't respond, but was now on edge as two more figures appear. They were Jason and Mifune.

Blackstar: these guys?!

Cole: Jason...

Jason: nice to see you again, Blind Meister. I see you've met my associate, Mifune.

Tsubaki: why are you in this place?

Mifune: why? I'm here doing my duty. My sword is sworn to protect little children, like the witch Angela. But one of you is also a young child. Why have you come here? What are you doing standing against me again?

Mosquito: is there a problem? You come with me, Miss Angela.

Jason: yes, go with him, brat. This fight's gonna get ugly. Sword God, kill the Dark Arts wielder. The Nephilim's mine.

He grabs a hold of her hand and grins to Mifune. Even without sight, Cole sensed what was going on, and was now displeased. Mifune then draws the sword from his scabbard and points it to the Meisters.

(Cue Blackpaper Moon)

Mifune: get ready. Let's go. Infinite sword attack.

He then tosses up his case, sending all the swords in the air and they get planted to the ground. Blackstar readies his ninja sword while Cole summons Yin and Yang. As Blackstar and Mifune fought, Cole and Jason began to fight in their long-awaited rematch.

Cole: using a kid to get a powerful samurai to do you dirty work is a new low. Even for you.

Jason: low or not, it's stupidly effective. As long as she's under Lady Arachne's watch, he'll do anything. But enough about them. Show me your real self!

They kept trading blows as they would switch from weapons to fists and kicks. With Blackstar, he was much stronger in his rematch with Mifune, but the man still had more tricks up his sleeve. As they battled, Mosquito had put the pieces together on Tsubaki's weapons.

Mosquito: there's no doubt about it. This weapon is one of the powerful weapons that Lady Arachne's sister created. Rumor has it that one of those weapons joined the DWMA, and the she has a connection to the Nephilim. It must be her.

Jason seemed to have heard, as he jumps back momentarily.

Jason: that's right. You have a thing for that weapon. No doubt now that she holds the darkness of the echanted sword.

Cole: Tsubaki's not just a weapon!

Jason: (smirks) isn't she? All weapons are built with only one purpose—to fight. So how about I see what she's capable of?

He then jumps high in the air, and goes to strike Blackstar with full force. Luckily for him, he had activated Shadow Star to attack his enemy, so it took some of the force. However, he still felt the overwhelming force of the strike.

Blackstar's Thoughts: even with Tsubaki's enchanted sword mode, I can still feel the pressure this guy's giving off.

Mifune then breaks free from the strike, and it catches Blackstar off guard as he's assaulted by multiple swords. Jason then was about to hit them with another strike, but Cole intercepted and pushes him back.

Cole: stay away from them!

Jason: that's it! Get angrier, feed on that rage. After all, if you want to beat me, then go all out!

Cole: fine then. Nephilim Form, now!

By that command, Cole's aura increased as his wings appeared, flaming horns, sharp teeth, and black and green eyes. Igniting his blades, he goes full force against Jason. Despite the power level change, Jason doesn't back down and instead kept going. They were now locking blades.

Jason: so, this is what the base power of a Nephilim holds. I like it! It shows the kind of monster you can be!

Cole: shut up!

Jason: but still...

He then charges up his sword as his shield blocked all of Cole's strikes. Once the sword was charged up, he parries Cole back, and delivered a powerful blow that sent Cole to the ground as he crashes right back to Blackstar and Tsubaki.

Tsubaki: Cole!

Jason: (walks over) you still hold back. If you ever wanna beat me, you need to cast off whatever humanity you had before and truly accept the monster you are.

Tsubaki: leave him alone!

Blackstar: yeah! You don't know a goddamn thing about Cole, so don't go spreading bullshit like that!

Jason: what? I thought for sure you'd support this, Blackstar. If you think holding humanity will let you reach your goal, then you'll never surpass god.

Cole, while still in the form, jumps back up and readies for another fight. However, before anyone could make a move, Mosquito is suddenly chit at from the woods, and soon Jason blocked another shot.

Mosquito: another attack?!

All the sudden, an explosion comes from the building, and Mosquito takes Angela away from it. From the woods, Sid, Naigus, and Azusa (in crossbow mode) were in their position.

Sid: argh, I missed the second shot! I guess it's no surprise that he's the student that showed up here.

Naigus: it's no big shock to find him here. Everyone knows how much Blackstar likes to fight. Though, I'm surprised Cole came along.

Sid: he's looking out for his fellow classmates. He's selfless, I'll give him that. Never could hit an enemy that far off without your help. Thanks, Azusa.

Azusa: within 10 kilometers, my margin of error is negligible. That Meister is good, though. He found us and moves his shield fast enough into the firing range. As I suspected, he's no ordinary fighter. Especially if he can hold his own against Shimada.

(End music)

Jason then holds his blade up to fight, but received a message in his ear piece. Answering it, it was something important. After hearing it, he looks back at the students and made his next choice.

Jason: sorry. Wrong day to die.

Cole: you get a better offer or something?

Jason: or something. Keep getting stronger, and start using your girlfriend's sword mode. It'll make the next round more exciting. Until then, see you around.

He the leaves, and Cole returns to his normal self. He was a bit wobbly, but Tsubaki catches him. Mifune goes to leave too, but Blackstar stops him.

Blackstar: hey, hold it! Let's finish what we started!

Mifune: don't push yourself. You're strong, I'll give you that. Keep improving as you have been, and you'll be fine. The same goes for you, Cole. Try to understand the other presence within Tsubaki. The Enchated Sword Mode and Thanatos will work better for you that way.

Cole: how do you know about him?

Mifune: word travels fast about the Nephilim's return. (To Blackstar) I know a lot about swords, and you got yourself a good one, kid.

Blackstar: yeah, I know that!

Mifune: that friend of yours who was hurt by the witch. (Reaches in his pocket) see that she gets this.

He then tosses back a piece of candy. Looking back, the samurai was gone.

*TIMESKIP*

By night, Cole was sitting at the lake again with his flute out. He doesn't play it, but thinks back to Jason's words.

*FLASHBACK*

Jason: you still hold back. If you ever wanna beat me, you need to cast off whatever humanity you had before and truly accept the monster you are.

*FLASHBACK ENDS*

Cole: cast off my humanity...

Next chapter: trying to catch a train in a desert.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

206K 6.3K 33
As you've grown up your life has never been easy. You've struggled with the loss of your father and the poor relationship with your mother. After man...
98.1K 2.8K 42
Yn was a NOT student at the DWMA. Her soul contained a unique and rare kind of weapon. A weapon that could turn into any form of axe based of the mie...
249 0 41
My name is Maka. I'm a second year student with my partner Soul. My cousin Anna and her scythe weapon KJ moved in with us so we got a bigger apartmen...
60.7K 1.3K 31
You are Stein's new weapon partner. You can turn into whatever your weapon wants you to. You start living with Stein and teaching at the Academy with...