𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐃 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄 ➪ �...

بواسطة hollylucidaxoxo

"Aren't...aren't you afraid of me?" "I could never be afraid of you, Dollface." ☆☆☆ Samsa Gillian is not you... المزيد

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐏𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 & 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐓
𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐒
|| 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐈 ||
|| 𝐑𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐃𝐚𝐲, 𝐃𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞? ||
|| 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐃𝐨 𝐈𝐭 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 ||
|| 𝐀𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐛𝐢𝐚 ||
|| 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐚𝐭 ||
|| 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 ||
|| 𝐅𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 ||
|| 𝐀𝐧 𝐎𝐥𝐝 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 ||
|| 𝐄𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐝 ||
|| 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞 ||
|| 𝐈𝐭'𝐥𝐥 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐤 ||
|| 𝐎𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐧 ||
|| 𝐁𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐀𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐬 ||
|| 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝𝐬 ||
|| 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐈𝐈 ||
|| 𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐫 ||
|| 𝐅𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫 ||
|| 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 ||
|| 𝐑𝐮𝐧 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥 ||
|| 𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐅𝐨𝐨𝐭𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐬 ||
|| 𝐃𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 ||
|| 𝐄𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐀𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 ||
|| 𝐔𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 ||
|| 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 ||
|| 𝐈 𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 ||
|| 𝐓𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐁𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐬 ||
|| 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐋𝐞𝐟𝐭 ||
|| 𝐀𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐀𝐬 𝐁𝐚𝐝 𝐀𝐬 𝐕𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐬 ||
|| 𝐌𝐲 𝐒𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐫 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐂𝐫𝐞𝐰 ||
|| 𝐀𝐧 𝐔𝐧𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐆𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭 ||
|| 𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐓𝐨 𝐁𝐞 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 ||
|| 𝐆𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐬 ||
|| 𝐀 𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐧 ||
|| 𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐈𝐭 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐖𝐚𝐲 ||
|| 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐌𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐬 ||
|| 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 ||
|| 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐎𝐟 𝐖𝐚𝐫 ||
|| 𝐀𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 ||
|| 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐌𝐢𝐱 ||
|| 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐁𝐲 𝐌𝐞 ||
|| 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐈𝐈𝐈 ||
|| 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐓𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 ||
|| 𝐒𝐒 𝐁𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐁𝐚𝐲 ||
|| 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐮𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐬 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐬 ||
|| 𝐀 𝐃𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐓𝐨 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲 ||
|| 𝐀 𝐖𝐨𝐥𝐟 𝐋𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐬𝐭 𝐒𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐩 ||
|| 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐉𝐨𝐡𝐧 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧 ||
|| 𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐌𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 ||
|| 𝐍𝐨 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐀𝐭 𝐀𝐥𝐥 ||
|| 𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐨 ||
|| 𝐈 𝐖𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐈𝐭 𝐓𝐨 𝐁𝐞 𝐌𝐞 ||
|| 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐊𝐚𝐡𝐧-𝐮𝐭-𝐭𝐮 ||
|| 𝐋𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐅𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐡 ||
|| 𝐀𝐬 𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐬 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐍𝐞𝐞𝐝 ||
|| 𝐁𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 ||
|| 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐝𝐠𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐱𝐲 ||
|| 𝐌𝐲 𝐍𝐚𝐦𝐞 ||
|| 𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐃𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐑𝐮𝐧? ||
|| 𝐋𝐚 𝐕𝐢𝐞 𝐄𝐧 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞 ||
|| 𝐖𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞 ||
|| 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐈𝐕 ||
|| 𝐔𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐟𝐮𝐥 ||
|| 𝐈 𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐒𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐇𝐞𝐫 ||
|| 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐆𝐨𝐝 ||
|| 𝐈 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞 ||
|| 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 ||
|| 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐈𝐬 𝐎𝐧 𝐌𝐞 ||
|| 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐰 ||
|| 𝐓𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 ||
|| 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐰𝐨 ||
|| 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐚𝐠𝐞 ||
|| 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 ||
|| 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐔.𝐒.𝐒 𝐕𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 ||
|| 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐋𝐢𝐯𝐞 ||
|| 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐬𝐭 ||
|| 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐀𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐀𝐧𝐲𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 ||
|| 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞𝐬 ||
|| 𝐁𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐌𝐲 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 ||
|| 𝐀𝐬 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐖𝐢𝐬𝐡 ||
|| 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐞 𝐄𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐲 𝐀𝐭 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲 ||
|| 𝐖𝐚𝐬 𝐈 𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲? ||
|| 𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐇𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐅𝐚𝐬𝐭 ||
|| 𝐓𝐨 𝐁𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐲 𝐆𝐨 ||

|| 𝐒𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐄𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐬 ||

130 8 8
بواسطة hollylucidaxoxo

Luna had been on edge since arriving back at the Io Facility. They had a plan. Executing it was the issue. She was unsure about whether to place her full trust in Khan while they stood at one of the desks in the lab.

She could tell he felt the same way about her. Yet, there was something that drew her to him, like a magnetic pull. She felt they were similar people: someone thought to be a killing machine, just wanting to protect their families.

Luna kept a wary eye on the Security Officer stationed at the door, while she and Khan browsed Marcus' restricted files. He seemed to know what he was doing. After all, he'd had several months to become accustomed to Section Thirty-One's operations.

"As I suspected," he said, lowly. "My crew are being kept in the secret base in London, which is also the production site of our prototype torpedoes."

The Sanguine barely registered his words, her eyes still glued to the guard watching their every move. She dreaded the consequences if Marcus discovered she was protecting a memory-restored Khan Noonien Singh.

"Luna? Are you listening?"

"Sorry?" She looked up at him, scratching her arm.

Khan followed her line of sight and narrowed his eyes. "You're concerned about the guard?"

"We get caught, that's it. Game over."

"If he grows suspicious, just compel him."

"I can't," she hissed. "I'll have to feed first and it's too risky in such an open place."

"Have you smoked this morning?"

"How, in the name of the Founders, is that relevant?"

Khan rolled his eyes. "Just answer the question."

"Yes."

"In that case, you're right."

He continued to tinker with the datapad, while Luna grimaced, shaking her head in confusion.

"What are you talking about?"

"Since Marcus gave you those cigarettes, your compulsion hasn't worked."

The realisation hit her like a ton of bricks. Many years ago, Jared had developed a drug that momentarily disabled the ability to compel. Marcus must have added the formula to every pack he gave her.

Luna shut her eyes and ground her teeth together. "The fucking cigarettes," she cursed, balling her hands into fists before turning to Khan. "When were you gonna tell me this?"

"I thought it was obvious."

"Brilliant," she scoffed, looking down.

But maybe he was right? How could she have been so oblivious? Tears burned her throat, but she refused to let them fall.

A cold hand suddenly curled around her own. Luna found comfort in the touch, meeting Khan's eyes.

He bent down so his mouth was inches away from her ear, causing goosebumps to form across her skin.

"Marcus will get what he deserves, I'll make sure of it."

After a moment, she nodded and forced a brief smile.

"Until then," Khan began. "I have an idea."

☆☆☆

Mason was having a lot of fun shifting through the box of Samsa's possessions. She'd given him permission on one condition: he couldn't read any of her old diaries without getting her consent first.

He grew especially excited upon finding an old Nintendo Wii with four remotes and an almost endless selection of game discs.

"Hey, you found the Wii!" The blonde entered the room, wearing a beaming smile as she came to sit on the sofa.

"Think it'll still work?" He blew a large layer of surface dust off the game console with a grimace.

Samsa bit her lip. "Maybe. If not, we could get Scotty to take a look at it?"

He nodded without looking up, sifting through some of the accompanying games.

"Speaking of which...are you thinking about starting your sessions again soon?"

"You getting sick of me being in the apartment all the time?" Mason chuckled in an attempt to make humour out of the situation.

Samsa raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms. "You know that's not what I mean."

He couldn't avoid this conversation for much longer. The Engineering sessions with Scotty used to be fun. At first, Mason had thought they would take his mind off the troubled nights after everything that happened. But over time, the nightmares won.

"I guess I just don't know what to do with myself anymore," he mumbled, coming to sit next to his best friend. "I thought I had my life sorted. Do my time as a Captain and see where it takes me. Then, Jared happened and...and..." Mason trailed off, trying to avoid a breakdown but it was impossible.

Samsa held him close while he cried, not pushing him to talk, simply comforting him until he calmed down. When he eventually did, there was too much on his mind. Mason had no idea where to start.

"I feel like I don't know who I am anymore. Then...there's these weird dreams I keep having."

"The ones about Medi?" Samsa asked, her voice soft as she rubbed his back.

"Not just them," he shuddered.

"What else?"

"I...I'm not really sure. Visions...I guess? It's hard to explain."

"Visions?" She took hold of his hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "When did they start?"

"Probably just after I was poisoned. Around then at least."

Samsa frowned, her eyes narrowing before she murmured something under her breath. "The Mahko Root."

"I'm sorry, the what?"

"Mahko Root. It's what the Kahn-ut-tu used to heal you. It was a bizarre thing...." She trailed off and shook her head. "These visions might be side effects."

Mason breathed a sigh of relief. "I thought I was going crazy."

"Please never think that, Mason. We're going to work this out, okay?" Samsa smiled and pulled him into another hug. "As soon as I get back from this survey mission, I'll take you to see her."

"If you give me the address, I can go while you're away. It'll give me a chance to get out for a bit."

"Are you sure? She's quite..." The Sanguine pursed her lips. "Intense."

"I'll be fine," Mason chuckled. The last thing he wanted was for Samsa to be unnecessarily worried about him. He chose to change the subject. "How is the mission preparation going anyway?"

"It's going great. Luna's even happier than me about my suspension being lifted."

"You spoke to her?"

Samsa nodded. "This morning."

Once again, Mason wanted to change the subject. He hadn't forgotten what Luna had spoken to him about on New Year's Night. The conversation was rather poignant in his mind. What do you think of the Federation, Mason?

☆☆☆

"Ah, John! Perfect timing," Admiral Marcus grinned once they were allowed admittance to his office.

It took a severe amount of self-restraint for Luna not to roll her eyes. She had to remind herself that this was part of Khan's plan. It would all pay off in the end. Killing Marcus would come later.

"I was just reviewing the progress you've made on your torpedo prototypes," he continued. "Amazing work, John. You've revolutionised our long-range strike capability. That means fewer of our people will be in harm's way on the ground. Your work has saved lives."

"I'm standing right here," Luna sighed.

Out of the corner of her eye, she caught Khan smirking slightly.

"That is gratifying, Admiral Marcus," he said. "But there are still a few minor modifications I wish to make. With your permission, I would like to oversee the last stages of production personally."

Luna watched Marcus intently as he processed this request. Take the bait. Take the damn bait.

"Of course, John, I'll notify London that you're on your way."

Holy shit. He actually took it.

"Thank you, Admiral. I shall go and prepare to leave." Khan turned and headed out of the office, sending her a subtle nod on his way. 

It was time for Luna to play her part. She moved closer to the Admiral's desk with a scoff. "Please tell me you're sending me with him."

"I'm not so sure about that. I need you where you won't cause trouble," Marcus frowned.

"Where I won't cause trouble?" She echoed, raising her eyebrows. "So, you let me go on a mission to blow up a moon, but you're worried about sending me to London?"

"The Klingons were the only ones at risk there and-" Marcus was cut off by a high-pitched beeping. Someone was trying to make contact with him over his communicator. The man cursed and answered the call. "Carol, I told you, my answer is no."

"Dad, please just listen to me. Whatever you're working on, it's clearly a lot. I could help."

Luna was surprised to hear a young woman's voice, tinged with renounced pronunciation. Then, she cottoned on to the fact that this woman also referred to Marcus as 'Dad'. She'd never considered the fact that the Admiral might have children.

"I don't want to repeat myself," he said, sternly.

"At least tell me when you're coming back to San Francisco?"

"It'll be tomorrow, I...I promise."

"I'll see you then."

"No, Carol-" Marcus was cut off when the communication ended. "Christ."

"Rejecting family is a dangerous game to play, Admiral," Luna snapped, using his own phrase against him.

"It's none of your business."

At first, the brunette went to clap back, but there was a look in his eyes, one that she knew all too well: guilt. It was clear he really cared for his daughter. Everything he was doing...the weapons, the warships, destroying Praxxis...it was to protect those he cared for, including the Federation.

Of course, supporting the Wise Organisation was the wrong way to go about it. Despite this, his decisions, no matter how rash, were somewhat understandable.

Luna groaned internally and sighed. "Look, all I'm asking is that you let me go to London with him. I know we have safeguards in place, but if he should stumble on even the slightest bit of information about his past-"

"He won't. I knew from the moment we woke him up, that our safest move was to assume he's smarter than us. Because he is."

"That's my point. He's already refined the station's entire security system."

Marcus shut his eyes for a moment, rubbing his forehead. "If you're really that bothered...you can go, but I want constant updates and no stepping out of line."

"Thank you, Admiral," Luna said.

She began making her way to the door but Marcus' next words caused her to freeze.

"I'm not afraid of him remembering everything, Miss Gillian. Hell, I expect him to...and when he does, we'll be ready."

She bowed her head and turned to exit the office, trying to control the smirk in her voice. "Of course, Admiral."

Hey readers, I hope you liked this part even though it felt like a bit of a filler ahaha. Once again, thank you for the votes and comments! It makes me so happy to see people reading this story! Hope you are all okay! Sending love and hugs ❤

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

20.8K 436 14
I am Lacey Ryder, I was so close to ageing out of the hunger games when i made a decision that changed my life forever. A tale of blood, love and unw...
15.9K 348 86
Noel Anderson just turned up one day, no one knows how or why. All they know is she doesn't age and she has powers that rivals those of the Gods. Age...
8.8K 671 12
It has been ten thousand years since the war ended. Likewise 10 million years since the battle with the 7 chosen humans who will become kings of the...
598K 13.4K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.