Traitor on board - Act one

By nettahcSschreiberin

Someone has been murdered in the orbital station. And everyone else on the station is a member of the Toppat... More

Intro
References
More than technical difficulties
Earrings and Hattie are now available for asks
Henry Stickman is now available for asks
The 5-Followers special
Achievements
The fairly useless bio
Wallace Pemberton and Carol Cross are now available for asks
The Ring
"Widowed"-Achievement
That one ask about Carols' son
Sven Svensson is now available for asks
Meanwhile in the void...
Trying to figure it out
On the way
A few other toppats are now available for asks
All characters are still open for asks
The Witch and Waylon are now available for asks
Louie G. is now available for asks
Still open for asks
Before the meeting
Before the meeting
Before the meeting
Before the meeting
Before the meeting
Before the meeting
Before the meeting
Mod talks
Mod talks
Mod talks
The meeting
The meeting
The meeting
The meeting
The meeting
The meeting
The meeting
The meeting
The meeting
The meeting
The meeting
The meeting
Telling the clan
How Fredrick became an elite
Fredricks' hat
Toppat elite
What's up with Sheriff?
Back in the office
Back in the office
Back in the office
Back in the office
Back in the office
Back in the office
Back in the office
Back in the office
Back in the office
Check it out?
Investigation - Choice #1
Investigation - Choice #2
Investigation - Choice #3
Investigation - Choice #4
Bio of the jewel
Investigation - Choice #5
Investigation - Choice #6
Investigation - Choice #6.1
Investigation - Choice #6.2
Investigation
Investigation - Choice #7
Found
In Storage
In Storage
In Storage
In Storage
In Storage
In Storage
In Storage
In Storage
In the Void
In Storage
In Storage
In Storage
In Storage
Leaving Storage
On the way
On the way
On the way
Back at the office
Back at the office
Back at the office
Back at the office
Back at the office
Back at the office
At the office
In the office
In the office
In the office
Chapter 101
In the office
In the office
In the office
In the void
In the office
In the office
In the office
In the office
In the office
In the office
In the office
In the office
In the office
In the office
Leaving the office
On the way
In the armory
In the armory
In the armory
In the armory
In the armory
In the armory
In the armory
In the armory
In the armory
In the armory
Martys' room
Investigation 2 - Choice #1
The wardrobe
The desk
The wardrobe
The bed
The gun
The shelf
The bed
The book
The call
The call
The call
The call
The call
The call
The call
Meeting
Meeting
Don't anger the doctor
Martys' room
Martys' room
Martys' room
Martys' room
Martys' room
Martys' room
Heading out
The next room
The next room
The next room
The next room
The next room
The next room
The next room
To the office
To the office
Meeting
Meeting
Inventory
Back to the office
Back to the office
Back in the office
Critical
Damage
To core
No
Authors' Note

Burt Curtis is now available for asks

86 4 0
By nettahcSschreiberin

Nobody says a word while they are waiting for the newcomer to arrive.

Sven tries to get some more work done, trying to rewatch the footage again. His eyes are flicking from the screen to the askers and anons and back. Now that he is aware that they are indeed really there, they seem to be under as much suspicion as any other person on the station.

Eventually the door opens. "I'll have someone shut off the electricity to your office if you-" the raven-haired Toppat pauses after registering the other people in the room.

The Toppat Leader looks from his visitors to his Right hand man and sighs "I... can't explain this"

"What do you mean, you can't explain this?" his yellow eyes stay fixated on the strangers as he closes the door behind him and walks over to the desk.

"I don't know where they come from or who they are... But I don't think they're dangerous. They had plenty of time and opportunity to kill me and didn't do it"

"... Can you please check on the camera in here?" The other man seems to have a lot more to say about the current situation but there are probably better times to discuss them.

Sven cocks an eyebrow before pulling his mouse and keyboard from somewhere else on the desk to switch from the recorded camera footage to the live feed from his office. The screen shows the two Toppats clearly, but the part of the office where the other people should be, is hidden under static.

"I thought the camera was broken. Seems like it's a bigger problem..."

"What the...?" Burt rubs his eyes while Sven is still watching the cameras.

"Not even the flash from your camera showed up..."

"No offense but... Give me a reason why we should tell you. I don't even know your names or why you're here"

Sven sits back down and starts to fidget with another pen "... I've only been trying to find an alibi for everyone on the station so far" "Sven..." "What? I don't think they're dangerous. Whoever killed Talinn was visible to the cameras, we can clearly see their hand. We can only see static where they are right now"

It is a weak defense in the other toppats' eyes but he doesn't seem to be in the mood to argue with his leader "You haven't told the clan but you're telling them?"

"I haven't told the clan because I don't want it to end like the meeting we had with the elite. I at least want something to give them as reassurance"

Sven gets a little pale and Burt sighs "You wouldn't want to see him right now... He's still being looked at by our doctor to hopefully find out what exactly killed him. And we already made a lot of photos"

Burt looks at the four bio cards on the desk before pulling out his tablet "Fine... Maybe your camera can tell us something we don't know yet" After a few moments of searching he shows a picture of the late toppat.

It's zoomed in a lot, only Talinns' head and shoulders can be seen on the screen. His eyes are wide and his expression is a mixture of surprise and confusion. It looks like he was shot in the forehead.

"He didn't see it coming...", Sven mumbles "He thought it was a safe place..."

The camera seems to struggle to create the new bio card.

The card that finally appears is not as... stable as all the others.

Burt sighs and puts his tablet away. "That would've been too easy"

"A lot of things happen at the Wall", Sven looks over at a stack of papers "I believe the last big thing was Henry Stickmin dying during an escape attempt. Sadly, we weren't able to use the ruckus he made to get some of our clan members out..."

Burt pulls another chair closer to the desk and sits down. "Maybe we would've if he hadn't crashed and thrown himself off a cliff, like a moron. But other than that there's not much going on right now. Reginald and Right hand man still didn't show up there and both of our spies are still safe"

"Luckily they haven't..."

"We already launched a few weeks ago", Sven looks over to the window "... and even if we were still on earth we couldn't put the launch on hold. A rocket this big can't be hidden from the government for long and I wouldn't want to give them any more time and chance to stop us than they already had..."

"That we're in space is also the reason why we have to check all cameras to see where everyone was. Back on earth it could've been possible for someone to sneak in and out but up here there's no way to get in and out without being detected", Burt squints his eyes at the anons and askers "At least for normal people..."

Sven sighs "Nobody and nothing has left the station since we found Talinn so whoever it is is still here... And we haven't found anybody hiding in the vents or somewhere else. The murderer is another toppat..."

"... You should get some sleep"

"Not before solving this..."

"They did get interrupted at least once, that's for sure, but-", Burt goes silent for a moment before pressing a button on his headset "What did you find?"

Sven taps his fingers on the desk, silently asking to be let in on the call.

The raven-haired toppat just pulls out his tablet again to put the call on speaker. The caller-ID on the screen reads 'HazMatt'.

"-'re not sure... It's like a pile of... something. It definitely doesn't belong here" Shuffling and the sounds of metal repeatedly hitting something can be heard in the background. The other man seems to have his phone on speaker as well. "It looks mushy and-" There's clattering and the sound of something wooden being slammed shut. "There's a skull in there!" "What?!"

Burt cuts them off before the two toppats on the other end of the line can freak out any more "Don't touch anything and stay where you are. I'll send someone from Medbay. Keep the door closed and only let them and me in. Understand?"

"... Understood" "... they'll need to bring a bucket..."

Sven is already getting his hat and jacket, there's clearly no stopping him from coming along, while Burt calls one of their doctors to get down to storage.

"And all of you... You're staying where I can see you" That roughly translates to 'follow me' doesn't it?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 410 9
"I brought you here because I wanted to ask you something really important." He said and I smirked, knowing what he was going to ask me. "What is it...
11K 202 17
(Cover art by SkyireTheFlyer, TYSM) (Eventual Stickvin/Chenry) "Why do you still want to be my friend? I betrayed you to join the enemy" "Maybe becau...
2.4K 69 18
They never tell you what to do when five girls from your school go missing. They never tell you what to do when you witness them getting murdered in...
19.4K 629 30
[[This story takes place in the Valiant Hero timeline and will hold some spoiler for that ending]] Henry Stickmin was presumed dead after escaping a...