In Between The Lines| BOOK #2...

By thinkingofthoughts

COMPLETED Penn State University. Home to the craziest sorority girls, most obnoxious football players, and a... More

Welcome! Characters + Info + More
introduction
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve ๏ฟผ
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty-one
sixty-two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
sixty-seven
sixty-eight
sixty-nine
seventy
seventy-one
seventy-two
epilogue
bonus chapter one
Somewhere In The Middle Introduction

twenty

58.1K 1.1K 1.3K
By thinkingofthoughts

Blake Day

"This is the dumbest movie I have ever watched in my entire life," I commented as I laid against my headboard. She was laying down at the foot of the bed twirling her hair around her finger.

"No, you just don't have imagination." I snorted at her mumbled voice as her eyes were glued to the screen. "We are twenty-two and twenty-one years old, and you're making us watch Disney movies?" I stated the obvious.

Her eyes moved from the screen to mine before pointing her fingers towards my bedroom door. "You don't have to stay and watch," I let out a laugh as if we weren't in my bedroom.

"It's my bedroom, Blondie." I teased as she shot me a smile. "Yeah, but you have a million televisions in this house. Plus, Tangled is a good ass movie. You just are jealous that Flynn has better hair than you." I reached for the pillow that laid underneath her, pulling at it before whacking her with it.

She let out a round of laughter before sitting up. The back of her shirt rose a bit and my breathing hitched for a moment as she quickly tried to cover the butterfly that was imprinted on the bottom of her back.

"I'm the best-looking man you've ever seen."I point out as she shakes her head. "No?" I asked as she shrugged. "You're a boy, not a man." I flip her off as she stands up from the bed.

"We both know that I'm not built like a boy," I smirked at her as she shot me a wink. Her hands found their way behind her head, pulling her hair into a low ponytail. Small pieces of her icy blonde hair found their way loose and to the front of her face, framing it like a perfect picture.

She wasn't ugly.

She happened to be one of the prettiest things I had ever laid my eyes on.

Sloane Beck was one of the women that I had broken my one-and-done rule. Could you blame me? Her sex was like magic and her body was a wand. But she was so toxic—I was toxic. There was only room for one asshole on this campus, and it was me.

You get in my way? Move.
You talk about me? Shut the fuck up.
You think I care about you? I don't.

Why was I even hanging out with her? Other than the plans for Saturday—was I lonely? Was it because I missed my old life and she was bringing it out of me?

"Your phone is ringing," She pulled me out of my thoughts as I came back to. Reaching over the desk, I bit my lip hitting the answer button on the screen. "Uncle Blakey! It's bye week! Are you gonna come cuddle me!" I pulled my phone away from my ear at Matti's screeching voice.

Sloane looked curious at me from my reaction but hesitantly, I placed the phone back to my ear. "Williams, you ever screech in my ear like that again and I'll block you," I warned as I heard his laugh on the other end of the line.

Hearing the familiar voice, Sloane sat up staring at me. "What are you doing this weekend man, wanna come over? Spend the weekend here? Friday night until Sunday night big boy—maybe mommy will let me have a few beers if she's in a good mood." There he went with that fucking voice again.

Clearing my throat, "Depends, I might be busy." I heard him hesitate. "Busy with what?" He asked as I mentally kicked myself in the ass. How was I going to say this to Matti without him teasing me into the next lifetime—more importantly how would I say it with Blondie in the room with me?

"I'm just busy then," I responded as I heard him chuckle.

"Can't you get your dick wet another weekend?" Awe, did my best friend miss me that much?

I watched as Sloane played with the bottom pieces of her hair that had fallen out of her ponytail. "Nah, it's not like that." It was like everything at that moment stopped.

"Do you have a girlfriend? Blake and a hooker sitting in a tree k i s s i n g first comes love—" He lectured as I let out a round of laughter which caught Sloane's attention. "No—far from it at the moment. I'm just busy." He huffed.

"Please? Do I have to send my jet over or will you not even consider coming for my sake? Even though Naomi and your niece would love to see you..." Was he guilt-tripping me?

"I'll see. No promises," I heard shuffling in the background. "Alright bro, just let me know. I'll talk to you later. The Mrs. is yelling at me." I heard a scream before the line cut off. I pulled the phone away from my ear staring at it for a second.

One year ago today he hit her head with a door and now look where we're at. One screaming newborn baby and he's hundreds of miles away from me—hell I missed my best friend.

"Change of plans," I spoke as her eyes shot to mine. She eyed me curiously, "Huh?" She asked as I nodded. "Road trip, we're going to Michigan for the weekend. We're gonna go hang out with the Matti and Naomi." She gave me a bewildered look.

"And the baby—you keep forgetting they have a baby." She reminded me. "Yeah, of course. Matti, Naomi, and the little shithead too. But pack your bags Friday Night. We'll leave then and come back on Sunday." She held her hand up.

"Don't I get a say in this? I don't feel like getting into another argument and walking home in stilettos all the way from Michigan to Happy Valley." I almost laughed.

"Well, do you want to see Naomi and Matti?" I asked as she nodded. "And the baby," She added for me again.

"Right. Naomi, Matti, and the little shithead. Do you want to see them or not?" I wasn't being mean, I was just being practical. If she wanted to see her best friend, I was giving her a free trip.

Plus, she got to spend extra time with me.

"You have to promise me to not be a dickhead." I raised an eyebrow at her statement. I was never an asshole.

Well, sometimes—I wouldn't say never.

She held out her pinky and I nearly let out a groan. "You and your stupid pinky promises," I complained as she laughed. Reaching out my long pinky connected with hers. "Well, if you break it at least it's not my heart." She mumbled—but I heard it clear as day.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She stood up from the bed, her eyes flashed to the clock and she groaned. "Fuck, I missed class." I turned to face the clock noticing I was one hour late as well.

"Me too," I shrugged. "But- what did you mean by break your heart?" Her icy blue eyes met mine as she collected her phone from the bed comforter. "I don't know what you're talking about. Nobody breaks my heart," That's when I let out a genuine laugh.

"Nobody breaks mine either baby, but I'm pretty sure you mumbled something about your heart being broken." She shrugged. "Maybe it's a figure of your imagination. Maybe—" She got closer to me as I raised an eyebrow.

"Maybe I'm already fucking with your head." She winked at me.

Nope—she wasn't fucking with my head. Nobody got into my head, I was locked and loaded up there. Foolish of her to think that she mattered that much to me.

"I have to go, I need to go home." She whispered as I offered her a smirk.

"Want to go for another ride?" I teased as she gasped, her hand came up and smacked my bicep. "Heads in the gutter yeah?" I laughed as she turned bright red.

"I have my other cars if you wanna go in them?" I reiterated my question. She chewed on her cheek for a minute before nodding. "Yeah, that would be nice. Thanks," I didn't even acknowledge her appreciation as I ushered for her to walk out of my bedroom door. I followed her, my eyes focus on her body.

She was perfect in every single way. It was fucking with my head, she was so fucking symmetrical it hurt to look at.

"Quit staring lasers into my back, Blake. It's gonna give me wrinkles," My eyes snap forwards as she continues to walk down the hallway.

"Well, it's a good thing you have daddies money to get you botox isn't it?" I comment as she lets out a laugh.

"What car do you want to take?" I ask as she hums. "I don't care as long as it's not the motorcycle," We reach the bottom of the steps, she slides on her shoes.

"Well, genius—as you heard I asked what car. Last time I checked, a car had four wheels and it wasn't a motorcycle." She glared at me as I let out my sarcastic comment.

"Careful beautiful, you're going get wrinkles if you keep looking at me like that," I smirked at her as she continued to glare at me. I ushered for her to keep walking but she held up her hand for me to stop.

I raised my eyebrows as she spoke, "You're acting weird."

"Weird as in what way?" I asked as she shrugged. "You aren't being an asshole?" Was that a question?

"Um, okay? Do you want me to kick up my assholeness by five percent?" She gave me a confusing glance before shaking it off and passing me walking out the front door towards the driveway.

She was a tornado of emotions—one touch and she would collapse. I would never tell her that I knew her that well though, but I did. She was a broken piece of glasses but she acted as if she had tape around her protecting her all the time.

I walked out towards my truck going to the passenger side. Before I opened her door for her she cleared her throat, pointing to the Tesla. "No, this one. I want this one." She infuriated me.

"But I already walked over to the truck. See?" I opened the door for her but she didn't budge. Letting out a loud breath, I slammed the truck door shut. Was she purposely trying to piss me off?

Walking over to the tesla and opening the door, I slid into my seat.

However, she wasn't entering the car. Rolling down the passenger side window I gave her a look. She smiled at me. "Get in the car? Are you dumb?" I asked as she shook her head.

"No—I'm just waiting for you to open the door for me." I clenched my jaw in aggravation before opening my door. Swinging my body out of the car, I marched over to her side and opened the door for her. She smiled at me before sitting in the passenger seat.

I shut the door once her legs were tucked into the seat.

Walking back over to my side, throwing my body in, and clicking my seatbelt I turned on the car. Backing out of the driveway, her polished nails reached towards the screen in the middle of the dash. I clicked my tongue to the roof of my mouth. My hand reached out and swatted hers away.

"No," I commented.

I felt her gaze on my face as I continued the short commute to her apartment building.

No apparently wasn't a word in her dictionary though as she reached for the screen again. I let out a grunt, "What the hell is your deal? You're becoming annoying now." I complained.

She sat back in her seat at that, tucking herself back into her body, she angled herself so she faced the passenger door. Watching her cocoon herself back into her own, a frown appeared on my face.

"Sloane, I'm not apologizing for calling you annoying. Annoying isn't an insult." I spoke as we drove down College Avenue. She stayed silent, "Sloane, answer me." However, she didn't.

She was becoming so annoying.

"You don't have to be such a jerk sometimes, yanno?" She spoke as I chuckled. "But you were just saying how I wasn't enough of a jerk today!" I rebutted as she shook her head, still staring out the window.

"I can't deal with your mood swings," She bitched as I turned into her parking lot. "My mood swings? How about we talk about your mood swings!" I spoke as I pulled up to the lobby door.

Letting out a laugh, she opened the door. "Goodbye, Blake." She unclicked her seatbelt and stepped out. Before she shut the door she offered me a smile, "I never said I was mad by the way. So technically, I did get in your head." She winked at me before shutting the door and walking around the car to her front door.

Gripping my fingers against the steering wheel, I wanted to wipe the smirk off of her face.

Sloane Beck was the most perfectly annoying person I had the worst pleasure of knowing.

Sloane Beck

"Josh proposed!" Gwen squealed through facetime, a smile was beaming on her face as she showed the rock through the screen. My eyes widened at the cheerfulness she was presenting. "Josh?" I asked as she nodded.

"Since when were you dating Josh again?" And yes, I did mean thee, Josh. Josh as in high school journal Josh.

"Since his dad was officially claimed as one of the richest men in America by Forbes—duh? Don't you know money means everything in a world like this!" She squealed again as I offered her a smile.

"I'm so happy for you. Truly, I know you guys will make a cute couple," A life-destroying couple again, but who was I to interfere with her happiness when I wasn't even happy? I would seem like a miserable bitch.

According to Blake, an annoying one too.

"Oh my god! You're next! You have to get married! Holy shit! Do you think that Nicole and Noelle would let me use their daughters as flower girls?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Who?" I asked in confusion. She titled her head, "Your friends from college? The really rich ones?" Everything was about money—nothing was ever about the substance of a person.

"Naomi and Natalie? No—the girls are literally newborns." She frowned at my tone.

Gwen and I had made up she was a better sister than she was before. However, she just had her moments. She cared, but in all of the wrong ways. She cared if I read the news Vogue or Cosmopolitan magazine. She cared if my grades were good. She cared to know who I was dating. She cared to see how much money was in my bank account—she cared but not deep enough as one's sister should.

The last time she cared as a sister, was when she told them about my eating disorder.

As much as I was thankful that she did—I wanted to kill that bitch.

Gwen has had everything that she had ever wanted and more. For example, Josh had Josh. Josh was the untouchable ladies' man in high school. And sadly, even Charlie. She had Charlie under her nails too.

So I cared about Gwen more than she cared about me.

But just a smidge.

"Hey, I gotta get off of her and finish doing my work. You should be too! Miss almost Mrs." She laughed before saying goodbye and hanging up the FaceTime call.

And then my room was filled with silence.

I was lonely deep down, I was really lonely. Scarily lonely— I had people around me but I wouldn't even know I had people around me. I felt like I was just here—I didn't feel like my life was really happening.

Maybe seeing Naomi would be the best thing for me this weekend. Maybe I need to see the one person who understood my struggle. Sure Finn and Ellie knew, but Naomi knew the struggle personally too.

She was on edge all of the time before Matti too. When Matti came, everything went away—same with Caden.

When you meet the person who changes your life for the better you want to hang on to them forever. Unlike Naomi, my forever decided that I wasn't for him.

But he had no reason to try to gaslight me like that—to try and make me feel guilty for 'making him cheat on me because I was so depressed. Fuck that, he had zero right to say that to me. If he wanted out of our relationship that badly, he should've just left.

He shouldn't have even had the chance to cheat on me.

I should've left before I got left.

"Jesus Sloane, you look so fucking hot." I laughed as Reese trapped me in between his arms, swaying me back and forth. "Reese, let me go. I have to go find Caden—I want to go to bed."

"I have to tell you something but you have to promise not to freak out. Okay?" I raised my eyebrows. Is he finally confessing to me that he had feelings for Naomi?

"You don't want to go up there and go to bed." My heart dropped.

Oh no, why?

But he was drunk—I shouldn't take anything he says seriously. But a drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts. "He's up there right now, with Sam." I let out a gasp but then everything inside of me shut down.

I was cold, I felt a cold shower fall over the top of me. I hadn't felt that way in a while and it was collapsing on top of me again. I pushed Reese off of me but he pulled me in his grasp again. "Don't make a scene it's okay. He's a jerk, Sloane, we've all known this. Don't do this to yourself. Confront him later." He drunkenly pled with me.

But he was right—he was completely right. I owed myself the dignity of not freaking out in front of everyone at this party. If I did, Finn would know about him and i. If I did, the entire party would know that I was the girl who wasn't good enough—that I was the girl who got cheated on.

"I won't freak out. I just need to go make sure it's true." He nodded before letting me go.

Slowly it felt like time was stopping as I walked up the stairs. Down the hallway, I stopped in front of his door. The door was closed, as expected. Losing some of my dignity but not all, I laid on the ground and peeked through the crack of the bottom of the door.

Sucking in my breath—what Reese had said was true.

He was shirtless while she had her bra on, they had just gotten done. "Thank you for that. It's nice being with someone who isn't as annoying sometimes."

Annoying, that eight lettered word that had ruined my mood today when it left Blake's mouth and that eight lettered word that had ruined my mood that night when Caden used to describe me to the bitch he had just cheated on me with.

I was annoying.

Information about eating disorders.

If you need to seek help, please do. You're not alone!

National Eating Disorder's Association Helpline: 1-800-931-2237

Crisis Textline:
Text CONNECT to 741741

Depression and anxiety are serious issues that should be addressed. We need to end the stigma around them, I love you all. Don't feel ashamed ever to be depressed or have anxiety.

The National Suicide Prevention Hotline is: 1-800-273-8255

If you are having thoughts about harming yourself please talk to someone— my messages are always open and my comments are always open as well.

The stigma around mental health must end!

Hey besties!

Sorry the update was a little bit late! I hope you enjoyed and I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

Wink wink.

But I love you all so so much! Have a good day or night!

Connect with me!
Instagram: thinkingofthoughtswrites
Tiktok: thinkingofthoughtswrites

Vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

348K 3.5K 17
๐˜ผ๐™ก๐™ก ๐™๐™š ๐™ฃ๐™š๐™š๐™™๐™š๐™™ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™จ ๐™๐™š๐™ง ๐™ฃ๐™–๐™ข๐™š. ๐˜ผ๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ฉ๐™ฌ๐™ค ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ง๐™ค๐™˜๐™  ๐™๐™š๐™ง ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ง๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ง๐™ก๐™™. Leaving her broken ho...
217K 10.3K 54
Mia Hill. College bound with an athletic scholarship. A go-getter with big dreams and a fully thought out plan to make sure they come true. But with...
6.6M 129K 59
BOOK COMPLETE - EDITION ONGOING. This work is intended for an 18+ audience. I stop searching for it and stand in front of him, perplexed. Is he sayin...
13.7M 246K 86
**completed** HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 IN FICTION #1 IN SLOWBURN #1 IN COLLEGE Penn State University. Home to the craziest sorority girls, most obnoxiou...