Different Two Sides

By Bp_hiu

(Revision on progress) Unexpected events, a forgotten past, and falling in love between two different sides... More

Author's Note
CHAPTER 01: Lalisa Pranpriya Manoban
CHAPTER 03: Eye Contact
CHAPTER 04: Shadow
CHAPTER 05: Target
CHAPTER 06: Friends
CHAPTER 07: Bullying
CHAPTER 08: Winter & Suho
CHAPTER 09: Ignoring
CHAPTER 10: Sideline Job
CHAPTER 11: Broke As Hell
CHAPTER 12: Blush
CHAPTER 13: Phone
CHAPTER 14: Weird Day
CHAPTER 15: Stressed Out
CHAPTER 16: Talk
CHAPTER 17: Smile Again
CHAPTER 18: Playing The Piano
CHAPTER 19: Dance Lesson (Ft.Seulgi)
CHAPTER 20: Three Kingdoms
CHAPTER 21: Grumpy and Dissapointed
CHAPTER 22: Gone
CHAPTER 23: The Day
CHAPTER 24: Kiss
CHAPTER 25: JENNIE vs ROSÉ
CHAPTER 26: Following Everywhere
CHAPTER 27: Winnie The Pooh
CHAPTER 28: Spoon and Fork
CHAPTER 29: Invitation
CHAPTER 30: First Meeting
CHAPTER 31: Grand Sire
CHAPTER 32: The Truth Untold
CHAPTER 33: Thailand
CHAPTER 34: GrandCHILDREN
CHAPTER 35: Public
CHAPTER 36: Let's Do It
CHAPTER 37: Hickeys
CHAPTER 38: Space
CHAPTER 39: New
CHAPTER 40: Anytime and Anywhere
CHAPTER 41: Marriage and Company
CHAPTER 42: Lalisa Brüshweiler
CHAPTER 43: ABSolutely
CHAPTER 44: Oppa
CHAPTER 45: Take You Home
CHAPTER 46: Engagement
CHAPTER 47: The Heiress
CHAPTER 48: Honeymoon [M]
CHAPTER 49: Breakfast [M]
EPILOGUE
Author's Note

CHAPTER 02: Hierarchy

20.7K 718 173
By Bp_hiu

LALISA

We finished our morning classes and it was already lunch time. Seulgi had the same schedule as mine, and we became friends easily. We just clicked because of similarities.

We went to the cafeteria since Rosie texted me that she was already there eating. We ordered food first before we looked for her. I noticed that the food they served us was very different from the food they served the rich students. 

They had steaks, Italian pasta, roasted chicken, garlic bread, and a Caesar salad with chicken breast. While poor students such as ourselves eat kimchi jjigae, kimchi fried rice, fried tofu, bulgogi, and triangle rice balls.

"Hierarchy really sucks." I uttered after I sat beside Rosie.

"So, you already saw the differences between our foods." I nodded.

"Rosé, this is Kang Seulgi, my new friend and coursemate... Seul, this is Rosé or Rosie. " I introduced them to each other, and they both shook their hands.

"So how is your morning class?" Rosie asked.

"It's pretty good, but I feel neglected."

"Why?"

"The professors' attention is always on the rich people, and I felt ignored or abandoned, since, you know, they always ask them if they understand or what."

"That's how studying here works. Get used to it. "

"Can I ask something?"

"You already asked, but yeah, shoot."

"Why is there still a P.E subject?"

"That is extracurricular and it is required. They want us to stay fit and not only focus on our studies.

"Is this PE like the normal subject?"

"Yes it is, but we will be having PE under the sun."

"What?"

"The facilities like covered courts are for only the rich people."

"We will be playing under the sun. That is why there are a lot of different courts outside." Seul added.

"So we will need to buy a lot of sunscreen and wear clothes that have long sleeves?" I clarified and they both nodded. "This school is unbelievable."

"Yes, it is." They both said it in sync.

"By the way, we will be classmates at PE." Rosie said, and I nodded.

We ate while talking with each other. Suddenly, the students started to make some noise. There is a commotion here, but what is this commotion about?

"Just ignore them; it happens all the time." Seulgi said nonchalantly.

"But what is that?"

"Bullying." Rosie answered shortly. I tried to look at a better view, and I saw a small girl on the ground. Her clothes had coffee on them.

"Is that hot coffee?" They both nodded. "How do these people manage to do that?"

"No. 1: Rich people are ruthless." Seul uttered and continued eating while I watched the girl.

"I praised her that she was not crying or tearing up. Her skin got burned, but she still endures it." Rosie spoke, and it was evident from her voice that she was worried.

"Just cry and we will let you off."

"Cry, you rat."

I saw her hand turn into a fist and she was gritting her teeth. Her arm also got burned. I want to help her, but trouble will be exchanged.

"What will happen if you hurt the rich people?" I asked, and that made them look at me in shock.

"Don't tell me you're planning to save her." Seul asked.

"Just answer my question."

"Since the jocks are the ones who are bullying her, the principal will let you pass, but next time you will receive punishment."

I stood from my seat and felt Rosie hold my wrist. She shook her head while looking at me worriedly. I held her hand that was holding my wrist and removed it.

"I could let this happen to her. She is hurting so much. " As I walked towards the commotion, I squeezed myself to get there.

The girl who got bullied was about to attack the bullies, but I stopped her by blocking her way and holding her right hand.

"If I were you, I'm not going to do that. I don't want you to regret it later. " I heard the jocks laughing.

"Looks like you've got a friend here, Ratatouille". One jock said.

"Let's go, let's treat those burns." I grab her wrist and drag her out of the scene. 

Thankfully, a group of professors arrive here, and that causes the students to go back to their seats and continue their lunch.

I dragged her to our table, and she hesitantly sat there. I grab my bag and I bring out my emergency kit. I have always had it on me since my dad told me to always bring one since you never know when you will get sick or hurt.

My emergency kit contains medicine, bandages, band-aids, and etc. It is helpful to bring one.

I rolled up her sleeves and her skin was red. Rosie and Seulgi gasped. I felt pity for her, but I didn't show it. Instead, I looked at her worriedly.

I applied a cream to her skin to ease the pain and treat her burn. She is just looking at me. She looks like a little girl.

"What's your name?" I asked her, but she didn't answer me. "I'm Lalisa Manoban. Just call me Lisa."

"I'm Son Chaeyoung." She spoke in a low voice.

"Oh! We had the same name. " Rosie exclaimed, which made us look at her confused. "My real Korean name is Park Chaeyoung, and Roseanne Park is my English name."

"Ohh, cool. I hope I have an English name too." Seul said.

"Nice meeting you, Chaeyoung, but I think we will be calling you just Chaeng since it is pretty long."

"Nice to meet you, Chaeng. I'm Seulgi."

"Nice meeting the three of you." She said this while looking down.

"Don't be shy or feel awkward around us. We are the same as you, which is, you know, poor. " She looked at me.

"I thought you were part of the rich." I shook my head.

"Why did you think I was part of them?"

"You helped me get away from the rich."

"So?"

"You are the first ever poor person who did that."

"That will be the last time I'm going to involve myself in a situation like that."

"Why did you help me?" I finished treating her.

"Probably because I saw myself in you."

"What do you mean?"

"I experienced getting poured into a hot drink and it hurts so much."

Did you get bullied too?"

"Nope, but I got shouted at, slapped, and poured a drink by a customer. Yes, I worked at a cafe before, and yes, a rich customer happened."

"What did you do about that customer?"

"I poured cold water on her head and I shouted at her too. I told her I'm not a peasant or her slave to yell and hurt me in that way. Then my manager came to us. He was about to scold me, but I shouted at him too. I told him I quit, and I kicked his shin and punched his face since he had been annoying me. He was always siding with the customers. " She chuckled, which made me glad.

"Chae, you better change your clothes." Seul said, and she handed her wipes.

I removed my hoodie since I had an oversize shirt inside. I tucked it into my pants and I handed my hoodie to her. Change into that.

"I will return to you tomorrow. Thanks, by the way. " I nodded.

"Let's go. We will accompany you to the comfort room. " Rosie stood up from her seat, which we did as well.

We went to the comfort room and waited for her to get changed.

"How did you know that she was going to punch the jock?" Seul asked me

"I saw her hand turn into a fist and, thankfully, I got there before she hurt him."

"Liz, that will be the last time you involve yourself in that kind of matter, or else." Rosie warned me and pointed her index finger at me.

"Don't worry, I will avoid trouble now." She nodded.

We went out of the comfort room after Chaeng got changed. We accompanied her to her locker to put her dirty clothes there. We stayed on the rooftop to avoid trouble or bullies, and we sat on the floor comfortably.

"Can someone explain to me how this school really works? I heard a lot of murmurings while we passed some students in the hallway. I think they are talking about kings and queens. " They all looked at me before they sighed.

"All right, Liz, pay close attention." Rosie seriously said and I nodded.

"This school has 73% of rich students and 27% of poor students. There is a triangle of hierarchy that has three levels that everyone should know about. The lowest will be us, the scholars, because we couldn't afford to study here if we didn't have the scholarship; the middle will be all the rich students, like the jocks mentioned earlier; and the top will be the Kims'. " She explained it to me.

"Kims'?"

"They are the richest people in the world. They even beat Bill Gates and the presidents of each country. The Kims' are known for their businesses all over the world. They had different branches and different types of businesses like tailoring, manufacturing, hotels, resorts, airlines, etc. The Kims' are one of the biggest benefactors of this university. That's why they are like the Kings and Queens of this school.

"I had a pdf of them. You should study who they are so you will avoid trouble. Here, read and remember their faces." Seul added and gave me her phone.

Kim Empire

The Kim Empire, or Kim Family, is one of the richest and most powerful families in the world.

Kim Empire or family is a group of visuals with a brain. All people respect and think highly of them. Mess with them and your life will be changed. Despite their wealth and power, they are not violent, brutal, or lack compassion; instead, they are kind to those who are kind to them and cruel to those who are cruel to them.

The sons and daughters of the 3 sons of Sire are all excelling in different categories: academics, sports, artistry, music, and others. They are all well-known in the media, they model for their high-end brands, and they are occasionally spotted at business functions.

The grandfather Kim, named Windsor Sire Kim, had three sons, Seunghyun, the oldest, Taeyang, the middle, and Jiyong, the maknae. Grandfather Kim or Sire, is the founder of the Kim Empire. His sons are handling it. Hotels, restaurants, airlines, trading, gaming apps, publishing (books, novels, comics, manga, anime, and webtoons), malls, entertainment, Hera Cosmetics, Chanel, Samsung, Apple, food manufacturing, hospitals, law firms, universities, laboratories, and some island resorts are all part of the Kim Empire.

Seunghyun Delray Kim, the oldest son of Sire, handles the Kim Empire in North and South America. He is currently staying in Los Angeles, California to handle the branches of the Kim Empire.

Sandara Zetian Park-Kim is one of the most influential and famous business women in the world. She helps handle the Kim Empire alongside her husband, Seunghyun.

Taehyung Foresster Kim is the eldest son of Seunghyun and Sandara Kim. He is 23 years old and he had a fraternal twin. He is currently studying at YG University. He is known for his visual talent and intelligence, and he is the basketball captain. He had a nickname, Prince Kim, because he looked like a prince charming that came out of the fairy tale books.

Jisoo Charlotte Kim, the maknae or youngest daughter, is 23 years old and the fraternal twin of Kim Taehyung. She is also studying at YG University. Students gave her the nickname "Princess Kim" because of her beauty that beat Aphrodite. She is bright, bubbly, smart, active, and undeniably kind.

Taeyang O'Neil Kim, the middle son of Sire, He handles the Europe and Africa branches. He is currently staying and living in Paris, France, with his wife.

Hyorin Erza Min-Kim is a well-known actress and model, but she has retired since she got married to Taeyang. She helps her husband handle the company. They had one son and a daughter.

Junmyeon Suho Kim is a 29-year old man. He is a professional defense lawyer and he even has a business degree.

Minjeong Winter Kim, a 20-year old teenage girl, is currently in France studying and training to handle the company.

Jiyong Leonidas Kim, the youngest or maknae son of Sire, He is handling the Empire branches here in Asia and Australia. He is known for being charismatic, having a scary aura, and being cool.

Chaerin Quinncy Lee-Kim, the wife of Jiyong, is known for her intimidating and bitchy appearance. A smart and confident woman, she also helps her husband handle the company.

Jennie Ruby Jane Kim is a cold-hearted, baddest boss bitch, always serious, and never seen smiling. She is already 22, the daughter of Jiyong Leonidas Kim and Chaerin Quinn Lee-Kim, who are both in the business line. One student gave her the nickname "President K" or "Queen B."

Ella McKenzie Kim, the maknae of the whole Kim family, is the spoiled one but kind. She is sometimes called "mini Jennie."

"Wow, they are really kings and queens." I said in amazement. "How did they spend their money?"

"I also wonder about that sometimes." Seul seconded

"Why do you have a pdf about them?"

"Liz, there is the naver, Google, the browser, and website searching engines. It is posted there. " I nodded.

"Beauty and good looks are running in their blood. If I stand next to them, I will look like a potato."

"It's impossible to stand beside them or even get near them, because people will push each other just to get near them, and they also have a rule that you need to stay 10 feet away from them." Chae stated.

"What will happen if you cross it?"

"I don't know, maybe die? Torture? Expelled?" I gulped, and I felt scared.

"I'm having second thoughts about studying here." I sighed and lay on the floor. I put my right arm under my head as a pillow.

"Same." They all said it at the same time, and they all fell asleep.

YG University is a prestigious school where 73% of its population is from rich families, and 27% are from poor families or scholars. It has a hierarchy triangle system, which is poor.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

294K 10K 17
Jennie is about to get married in a month as excitement washes all over her mind and body like other brides should have. She spreads the news to eve...
335K 7.3K 69
Lisa Manoban who has a different kind of work, a very different one. Jennie Kim who happened to be a bitch but an innocent girl in terms of sex. Wil...
145K 5.9K 25
Jennie Kim was the exact definition of a wallflower. She lived on the sidelines, didn't like attention, and worried too much. She wrote letters to h...
1K 43 1
A marriage journey of two friends. One was in love and the other one was broken. How an unrehearsed marriage brought them closer and turned into a lo...