You Hurt Me~ Newt Fan Fiction...

By Glader_4_Life

"You don't get it! I don't know what is real anymore." ------- Running. That's all Katy does. But you can't r... More

~The Arrival~
~The Memory~
~The Tour~
~The Attack~
~Coma~
~The Night Call~
~The Confession~
"Freedom!!"
~Starry Night Sky~
"Well, what do we have here?"
"I'm fine, just checking the strength of the metal!"
~Medjack Alert~
~Meetup Confusion~
~Misuderstood~
~Lost Cause~
"Normals Boring."
~Relization~
"I need you."
"I really like you."
"I gotta tell you something"
~Rat Man Is Back~
~Don't push me too far~
"Newt, please."
~I Almost Lost Him~
IMPORTANT NOTICE
Unknown Secrets
~Discovery~
"Alex!"
Confusion
~The Fight~
~ The Note ~
The Bonfire
Murderous
Surprise

Trouble Lurks Behind The Truth

198 5 0
By Glader_4_Life

I woke up with a start, the horrid memories of Hunter swiping the blade across my skin . I shivered.

My eyesight blurred like an unfocused camera and then sharpened. Concerned Medjacks, Jeff and Clint, stood there watching me. My eyes drift across the room and I see a relieved Newt and a worried Thomas.

I struggle to understand what is going on and I try to sit up from the uncomfortable cold table. Thomas rushes toward me immediately, his face displaying a worried expression.

"Alexandra! Your alive! I thought you were gone for good. You didn't arrive at 10 a clock last night and I went out looking for you. Then I found you passed out with blood all over your hands and I felt really bad and hurried to Clint and Jeff." He rambled expressing himself through motions with his hands.

Despite the horrible, aching pain I managed a soft chuckle. Tears escaped his eyes and he managed a soft chuckle. He stroked me hair comfortably his eyes locked on mine.

"I will never leave you Tom. Never in a billion years. I'm still alive. I'm still breathing." I breathed, demonstrating. He choked a nervous laugh. His hands clasped mine tightly. He planted a kiss on my forehead gently. He leaned back, his face red and bags noticeable under his eyes.

"Thanks for everything Tom. Did you stay here all night?" I questioned.

He glanced at me sheepishly.

"Yeah- I was too afraid to leave you alone. I never fell asleep. I couldn't. Not while your heart was still beating." He breathed, shaking his head.

I felt tears well up in my eyes.

"Go get some sleep Thomas, you deserve it." I countered displaying a weak smile. He nodded, giving me one last final kiss on the cheek and then leaving. Clint and Jeff looked emotional too and I cannot thank them enough for what they have done. My gaze shifts over to Newt and I remember Hunter's plan. My eyes automatically went firm and emotionless as Hunter's had been the night before.

Newt glanced at me worriedly, rushing up towards me. I could see jealously coating his irises.

"What the hell do you think your doing? Kissing Thomas like that ?! I am your boyfriend Alexandra Marie Lo-"

"What the hell do ou think YOUR doing Newt? Trying to murder me his because you were jealous of Thomas and I kissing!!!" I screamed despite my raw throat. His eyes turned confused and his hands clenched into right fists. Be murderous. Hunters voice screams I my mind. I will.

"What? I will never do that Alex!! You and Thomas were kissing before this happened too? What happened to us? What do you think you are doing cheating on me?! I knew you and Thomas had a thing." He runs his hands through his hair I frustration. He edges closer to the table.

"Yes you did. I remember! You should be locked up in the bloody slammer! Banished even. You attempted to murder me. Murder me. You disobeyed one of your own stupid rules. I'm not even cheating on you."
I spat viciously which caused Jeff and Clint to look up fro their busy task to organise the immunisation needles.

Newt was right up next to the table. He sneered down at me.

"I did nothing to you. How could you say that? What did Thomas do with you?" He screamed. My eyes bulged out nearly out of their sockets in feigned anger.

"Yes you did. That's low, you lying, even for you. Easily, your guilty. It's my blood on your hands. Where were you at 10 a clock last night? Yeah I know that answer- in the Deadheads where you saw Thomas and I kissing and decided as my punishment you shall murder me and stab me multiple times." I screamed.

Newts anger diverted to Thomas, he no longer cared about the fake accusing.

"What did Thomas do with you?" He threatened. His cheeks were flaming in vicious red.

I decided to make him crack. To hurt him.

"You really wanna know what happened? Every detail?" I squinted. He nodded furiously.

"Fine then. Thomas and I were kissing. In the deadheads. When we could hear you running away and I followed you and then you attacked me. Stabbed me. Multiple times. I was going to die. But then Thomas saved me from dying while the last thing I saw was your horrible face and hands concealed with most of my blood. Too bad I didn't die right there in Thomas's arms. I would do anything to keep from having to see you again. Hear your voice again. Have memories of you slicing my skin. Nightmares." Every word I said spilled out if my mouth dipped with bitter poison and resentment that I didn't know I could fake. His eyes welled up with tears and my heart felt weak.

"But we were together Alex! Why did you go to Thomas?" He sniffles determined not to make eye contact.

"Because you broke up with remember? I begun to hate you with such passion because you despise me. Thomas loves me and I love him. " I spat. He looked down like he was ashamed and then I grabbed the collar of his shirt and tugged him down to my level.

I sneered, trying to sound intimidating.

Newt breathed heavily. Looking just as confused as Clint and Jeff appeared.

"We're over. Gone. Down the drain. Whatever you wanna call it. I simply can't date a murderer." I spat closing my eyes.

"I didn't do anything wrong." He pleaded. I scoffed.

"Whatever Newt. Plead your excuses as the next Gathering." I state.

\

I slung my bow around my back and sauntered to the organised Gathering. The Gladers have all attended, despite Tom, who I insisted should have some rest. Newt, looking depressed, sat on an old wooden chair in the centre of the room. I relax my aching shoulders and claim a seat next to Minho, who stared at me with such force I had to look away.

"Alexandra, what are you doing to poor Newt?" Minho demands, his eyes a fiery red shade. I grin adjusting my arrow on the string aiming directly at Minho.

Unthreatened, Minho kept his gaze towards me. He scoffed audibly, his eyes challenging.

"You won't shoot me." He bitterly laughs. I let my steel arrow fly, piercing his long sleeve and slamming him into the wooden wall. He looks at me with fear in his eyes. I smile a bitter grin and turn around to the chaos of the room. People buzzing, talking about the incident. I wait until Minho rips the arrow out of his sleeve and tosses it onto the floor, quietening the noise. Finally, everyone obeys staring at me in wonder.

"Quit the noise!! Today we are here to discuss the attempt murder of Alexandra, the victim. Newt, the murderer. We will start with Frypan." Minho gestures towards the old fellow, he grins scratching his beard.

"Well at the Bonfire, yesterday night. Alex and Ne- I mean Thomas were about to kiss and I interrupted them being the selfish fellow I am. Anyway, I saw Newt watching with clear jealously. That's why I offered them a fruit skewers so I will have an excuse to interrupt them." He said, his eyes glistening. I almost opened my mouth to yell at Newt. But instinctively I decided to keep quiet.

"So what is your call Frypan?" Minho questioned scribbling down notes.

"Give the kids a break. Newt didn't have to try to murder his ex- girlfriend just because she kissed some other guy." Frypan announced and I couldn't contain my glance away from Newt, who winced with every word Frypan uttered. Newt, biting his lip nervously, seemed on edge. Like he knows something I don't.

Minho nodded merely and scribbled down notes for a short period of time then resumed the rotation of the comments. My heart thumped with everyone who agreed with some yelling that Newt should go die in the maze, others going for the more innocent approach and suggesting a full out investigation before any decision. Some disagreed completely and thought I should be banished.

Finally, it was my turn to share my thoughts, tears dripped down my face before I could stop them. Newt looked up and his eyes softened, he opened his mouth as if to reassure me but then shut it closed quickly.

"I love Newt. I really do. But can you love someone when they hurt you? When every stab shoots pain through your body? To have nightmares cloud your vision and always haunt you until the day your heart stops? I thought I loved him but when I kissed Thomas that night, I felt as if I am finally with someone who will fight for me, not leave me in the shadows. I did love you, Newt. I did. But now, that you have tried to murder me, I despise you. Resent you. I think Newt should be sent back to the Creators." The words spill from my mouth without me actually saying them, as if someone controlled me for a short time.

Gasps echoe in the room and distinct muttering settles over the area, Newt displayed his horror, his mouth gaped open.

" Quiet down Shucks!!" Minho stood yelling as loud as stampeding elephants. Everyone haulted in mid-conversation, some using the time to communicate with me through disbelieving glares. I gave them a evil glare.

"Okay- Newt is not being sent back. No matter how much he deserves it." Minho declared with a warning tone. Instantly, I stand raising my bow at Minho aiming directly in his heart. He sighed gesturing around the room.

"Could somebody take this girls bow away!?" He pleaded, meeting my vicious eyes. The room stayed silent except the rough breathing of Newt.

"Newt will die, I want him to die. Sending him to the Creators will be a very minimal punishment. If you want to discard my idea, then fine. I will kill him myself if it is the last thing I do." I bark releasing the arrow. It flung towards Minho in rapid speed but only pierces the side of his stomach. Black blood spilled out and immediately Jeff and Clint offered to bandage the bloodied area.

Minho, unaffected stared at me for a very long time like he is in a trance. Finally, he shook his head, tears welling his eyes. A small part of my heart dropped like it was on a continuous roller coaster ride. I breathed. I met Newt's intimidating gaze.

"Can I speak to you outside please?" He whispered. I nodded softly heading towards the door. As if by instinct, Newt attempted to grip my hand but thought again and drew it back. Without thinking, I grabbed his hand tightly.

We arrived outside, the sun baking my skin like I was in a giant oven. I turned to face Newt.

"What is it, Newt?" I huffed.

"Do you really want me to die?" He cowered afraid of the answer. He looked so weak and damaged. My heart shattered and I felt tears run down my face.

"Yes. No. I don't know. All I remember is you plunging the knife into my stomach. I guess I am trying to connect the clues. To why you look like you know something I don't." I sigh.

"But why did you say that in there?" He questioned. He sounded confused.

" I meant every word." I yelled, my hands trembling.

He raised in eyebrows .

" Look I will always love you. No matter how much I try to disguise it. But now, I resent you. You hurt me. You hurt me so much. Not only did you the to murder me. You played with my feelings" I sighed.

He looked hurt, his eyes castes downward. He coughed flatly.

"Did you really kiss him? Thomas?" He whispers examining my face.

"Yeah I just don't feel that way about you anymore. I told you. I hate you. You hurt me." I whispered, observing his reaction. His eyes glinted and he closed his eyes as if he didn't believe it. He opened his eyes and had a feigned light cough.

"Was it- was it good?" He breathed in heavily. Awkwardness was clear in the room. I opened my mouth looking down thinking of something to say. Anything. Instead I just nodded.

He ran away. His limp dragging him slower. Straight into the maze.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

634K 15.8K 20
Y/N was sent up to the Maze midway through the trials due to her disobedience and disloyalty to W.I.C.K.E.D. She becomes a sister to all the Gladers...
474 39 17
Determined,astute,ambitious x reckless,loyal,reliable.Teresa wasn't the only girl to ever come up the box.Just two years prior, came Raya,the Glades...
201K 7.6K 34
It's been two years since Newt first woke up to the Glade and, since Alby and he managed to enforce a number of rules to stop anarchy among all the o...
5.5K 142 19
''War-born child, you carry such coldness in your veins,, The Glade was peaceful before Thomas. Nonetheless, they needed him. And Alex knew that bet...