More Than Friends

By jthawtiter

Everybody life is good, living great, and enjoying their purpose for being on earth. Family means everything... More

CHARACTERS
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 62
Chapter 63 Pt. 1
Chapter 63 Pt. 2
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80

Chapter 61

1.4K 49 12
By jthawtiter

*Amarin in MM*

August woke up to see Payton on the side of the bed texting. He looked over to Adams crib to see him still asleep. He sat up and sigh, Christmas was almost here and he had to get the gifts ready. This was going to be a long week, and after lastnight he knew the tension in the house was going to be crazy.

"Morning bae" he said and she continued texting.

"Morning, sleep good" she asked as she sent the message locking her phone.

"Yea, you okay" he asked and she nodded.

"Yes I'm fine, listen we have to talk" she said and he nodded.

"Okay let me piss and brush my teeth so I can kiss you" he said as he got up and walked in the bathroom. Her phone went off with a text notification.

August didn't think much of it. He used the restroom and washed his hands before brushing his teeth. He walked out the bathroom drying his face off with a napkin.

"Alright boo, wassup" he said as he walked over too her.

"Give me a kiss" he said grabbing her attention off her phone kissing her.

"I love you P" he told her and she smiled.

"I love you too" she said and he sat down beside her.

"So what you wanna talk about" he asked and she sigh deeply locking her phone.

"I didn't sleep lastnight because I was thinking. August I don't wanna stay here anymore" Payton said and August nodded grabbing her water off the nightstand.

"I know we moving next month right" he asked and she shook her head no.

"Yea but I don't wanna stay here in LA nomore, my purpose for coming out here is over because I'm no longer in business with my sister" she said and August sigh.

"Payton why is you saying this right now, what about your family and the house I just bought" he asked with a deep sigh.

"August my family is toxic, I got into a whole fight with my sisters yesterday, literally. Now if that ain't toxic then I don't know what to call it, I've had enough everybody when it comes to family yo" Payton said and August shook his head.

"Oh my god, babe I can't leave my people out here" he said shaking his head, he was in so much disbelief.

"August I'm sorry but nothing going to hold me back from making my own decisions. After this month, I'm leaving LA. Whether it with you or without you, that's your choice and i'm happy with either choice you make" she said before walking off out her room.

"Are you fucking serious right now" August asked getting upset as he followed him.

"So for real, August I'm tired" she said in the saddest tone ever.

"Our kid Payton, what about Adam" he asked and she sigh.

"I won't move to far if you decide to stay. I'd stay in close range that way you can see our son, I'm not going to just take him from you August" Payton told him and he smacked his teeth.

"Our relationship P, what about that" he asked and she sigh.

"I love you and if you still want to be with me than I definitely won't move that far from you, because I love being around you but I'm tired of my family" she told him as she grabbed ingredients for breakfast.

"This ain't fair P" August said as he stood on  the other side of the counter.

"August if you knew what I've been through since I moved out her you would be tired for e too." she said closing the fridge.

"Payton I don't want to be seprated from you, Adam, or Shawn. I want to stay together in one house" he told her sighing deeply.

"August sha-" before she could finish he cut her off.

"P we been doing good togetherr, don't act like this now" he said and she sigh.

"Fine August but if anything else goes wrong then I'm leaving because I'm not taking asnymore of anyone's bullshit. I'm honestly fed up and can't take no more" she said and August felt bad for her.

"I'm sorry that all this stuff is happening to you, you do need a break... membea' when I told you I had sumthin' to tell ya yesterda' P" he asked and she nodded as she washed her hands.

"Yea, you never did because we started talking about sex which i still ain't got" she said and August chuckled, he thought she was playing but she was deadass.

"Well I booked us a vacation for three days in Bora Bora" he told her and a smile came across her face.

"When we done moving" August said and Payton walked around the counter to kiss him.

"I need it" she said and August smiled at her.

"Promise me you gone make this trip P" he said and she held out her pinky.

"I promise." She smiled before pecking his lips once again.

"I love you and I want what's best for you" he said as he looked her in her eyes.  

"I love you too" she said and he kissed her forehead.

"I'm going over Pierre's in thirty, you want me to take the kids or you good" he asked and Payton shook her head no.

"No, I got em" she said and August nodded.

"Alright, imma go get ready." He said and Payton nodded.

"Why you going over there though" she asked and August shrugged.

"Amarin wants to talk to me and then me and the boys going to the gym" he said and Payton nodded.

"Oh aight cool" She said and August walked over to her.

"Bae come here... what going on because Amarin never wants to talk to me. Y'all got into it" August asked as she walked over to him.

"I'm tired of her too yo, seriously Amarin is the reason for all this if you look at it, I understand she wants to help everybody but everybody don't wanna cooperate and nobody is trying to fix it and she need to understand that but she won't" she said completely over the whole situation.

"P... I wanna talk with you tonight aight. On a serious note, don't go to sleep" he said and she nodded and the doorbell rung.

"I'll get it" August said as he walked to the door.

He opened the door and the mailman handed him the mail. He thanked him before closing the doors. August handed Payton the papers before kissing her on her cheek and going to get ready for his day.

"Oh boy." Payton sigh as she opened bills and mail.

She was on the last envelope and she read who it was from. Once she finished reading it. She ripped the papers up and threw it in the trash. It was time for her to get on her shit.

Once August arrived at Pierre house everybody was there. He got out and headed in, there was no kids in sight and August was surprised. He kinda wanted to be greeted by the kids.

"Wassup y'all" August said as he sapped Pierre up and sat down.

"Damn nigga he the only one you see" Rondo said feeling jealous.

"Nigga always jealous bro" Pierre said as August laughed while dapping rondo up.

"Alright so what we here for" Sev asked, he was ready to go out with the boys.

"August is Payton okay" Amarin asked worriedly.

"She good why, wassup Lauren and Layton y'all look mean ass hell" August said as he looked over cracking a joke.

"On the hood y'all do, what's wrong with y'all" rondo asked, he had been noticed he just didn't wanna say nothing.

"Amarin is stressed about Payton because today we are doing a family thing again and Payton ain't here so I don't know how this gone work" Pierre told them and August sigh.

"I thought y'all said we was going to the gym" August said confused.

"No, y'all are going to the gym. With the boys today, the girls are with the girls" Lauren said and August sigh.

"Well alright... what we waiting on" August asked looking around.

"You gotta call Payton and tell her come over here" Amarin said quietly and Dejah chuckle.

"She ain't coming y'all know that, ion even know why y'all asking him" Dejah said and August sigh.

"She at home with Shawn and Adam, ion think she gone come" August said and he remember last night.

"Shawn can't leave the house either so yea ion think that's gone happen" August told them and Amarin looked over at him.

"Is he okay" Amarin asked.

"He got locked up lastnight and I went to get him and him and Payton got into it... ion know it's crazy mane" he said fanning it off.

"Yo for what" Pierre asked and August sigh.

"He say he was at the park with his friend and the friend hid the gun in his book bag so the police searched them and he got locked up" August explained.

"Damn kid" Rondo said disappointed, he knew Shawn had a lot of potential.

"So what Payton did" Dejah asked curiously.

"Beat em" Lauren said chuckling and nobody laughed.

"Come on Lauren, don't do that" August said defending Payton.

"What.. I mean that's what everybody would've done to there kids... I mean I know she had a little past with her and her moms but I know sh-" before Lauren could finished August cut her off.

"And see that's where y'all fuck up at" August said getting upset.

"Yo Yung calm down... that's my lady you talking to" her husband spoke.

"I'm not just talking to her, I'm talking to all y'all. P love y'all more than anything in the world and y'all still treat her like shit. All y'all wanna do is talk about her past... her past. Ever since I got back with her I haven't heard not one of y'all not say I'm proud of what Payton has become after all she been through." August said, he was fed up too.

"Y'all just keep hitting her where it hurts instead of helping her heal what hurt her. Then wanna get mad cause she don't wanna fool with y'all, look how y'all treat her." August spoke and everybody listened and didn't say a word. 

"She'll never get over what happened to her if y'all keep bringing it up. Payton is my woman, I sleep beside her every night and i know she wants to cry for the way y'all treat her, y'all hates that she so strong and tough to break but y'all make her like that. She knows she can't depend on you guys if all y'all do is talk about the only that makes her feel less of a woman, so she has to think of herself as the only person she can depend on" August told them, he had to tell them the real because he was tired of Payton feeling the way she did.

"She just had a baby when they said she couldn't, stayed in a coma for bout a month missing our baby grow and the only thing y'all care about it throwing what happened to her years ago in her face, y'all gotta do better man." August said shaking his head.

"Damn" Pierre said speechless as everybody sat quietly.

"And Lauren to correct you no she didn't beat em. She didn't do nothing because he did the same thing y'all would do" August said and Amarin sigh in quiet.

"Brought up her past" Dejah said answering the question she asked, she started to cry.

"And she loves this kid more than anything and even he said that to her. Y'all need to stop, this is getting bad and eventually something is going to happen and it's gone leave somebody hurt. And I'm just telling y'all the truth man, I'm out" August said standing up leaving.

"Aww D" Pierre said getting up going to hug her.

"I told y'all to stop a long time ago, she doesn't deserve any of this." Dejah said as she cried wiping her tears.

The love Dejah had for her sister was unbreakable. Growing up Dejah was the only child, she had no friends, no family. Just her and her mom, but when she found out she had siblings she was excited. Over the time she grew closer to Payton than any of her other sisters.

Payton was always listening to her and giving her good advice. She even helped her when she was pregnant with Layla. She couldn't asked for a better sister. She loved Payton, and the way everybody was treating her made her sad.

"I have to tell her I'm sorry" Lauren said as she wiped her face and got up leaving.

"D I'm sorry for everything that's been going on between us, I just feel like Lauren was done wrong but I understand this situation has went farther than expected and I wanna say sorry to you" Layton told her and Dejah got up.

"It's okay Lay, I'm sorry too" she said as they hugged each other.

Payton sat at home on the couch watching tv. She had just finished cleaning up the house from all the packing they were doing. She took a shower and gave Adam a bath and not she was chilling. As she sat on the couch watching a cartoon with Adam who was asleep, Shawn walked downstairs.

"Payton... I'm finish packing my room" Shawn said and she didn't even look at him.

"Alright cool, leave the boxes lined up against the wall. The moving people coming tomorrow" she told him and he walked around the couch and sat down, he was so tall.

"P I'm sorry" Shawn said and she looked over at him before looking back at the tv.

"Shawn seriously kid... I'm not mad. I'm more disappointed than I am mad, I'm not mad because you ain't the first person that done it. I'm disappointed because you did it too and when you said it I felt the hurt as if you shot me kid" Payton told him and he felt so guilty.

"I'm so sorry P, I promise. But you hurt me too, you was going to leave me there" Shawn said and Payton sigh.

"Kid I've told you millions of times, if your going to do something you had no business doing than you gonna have to take accountability for your actions. That's life kid, you just learned it early" Payton told him with a shrug.

"So you don't care P" he asked and she sigh.

"Shawn I care, but you've been outta control lately and you think I ain't caught on, Shawn you snuck out the house again lastnight even though you got arrested. I seen you, and I stayed up and waited for you to climb back in your window which you didn't until four this morning" she busted him out the water.

"How do you know" he asked shocked as he sat with his mouth open.

"Shawn remember I'm the one renting this house, I know everything that goes on. And on a serious note I'm not signing your adoption papers" she told him as she got up going to make Adam a bottle.

"Payton what... you have to. Where imma go" he asked getting up following her.

"Shawn I don't have to do nothing and I'm not doing bit. Your mom got family back at home and thats where you going cause obviously me and you mom didn't do a good enough job to raise you and I'm not going to watch you throw your life away. You talent ass hell but you hang with the wrong people" she told him and Shawn smacked his teeth.

"Nobody wants me... huh. Not my mom and now you" Shawn said and Payton began making Adam his bottle.

"Shawn you are becoming the people you hang around and disrespect is the number one rule in my house and you've broken it more than once" she said and Shawn knew Payton was serious. She was too calm and he knew she had already made her mind up.

"Give me another chance" he said and Payton shook her head no.

"No" she said as she turned on the water and he sigh walking away.

Meanwhile August was at Lai house which was the house h once live in before moving it with Payton. His stuff was still there most of everything was at Payton's crib. He got out and walked in, she still hadn't had her baby yet.

"Lai I'm in here" he said as he announced his self.

"Hey uncle August... my mom already got your mail but you have some more that came the other day" she said and August nodded as he grabbed the mail.

He began to go through them opening and reading them. He came up a piece of mail he had to double back. It stated that he would have to report to court for a child support case. He basically had been served.

"Child support" He said jolting his head back making a confusing face.

"This girl Payton putting me on child support. Are you serious" he talked to his self as he scanned the paper.

He pulled his phone out and FaceTimed Payton. She answered on the third ring.

"Hey bae" she said as she answered the phone and her face popped up.

"Wassup. Listen you aight" he asked walking over the counter propping the phone up as he stared at her.

"I'm fine, fend to start on dinner. Wassup you good" she said and he licked over his lips.

"Bae listen to me carefully alright, I'm not mad because I can if you did this but do you think I'm not a good father" he asked taking his shades off sitting the papers down.

"No, I think your a wonderful father who loves his family, I don't think that why you ask me that" she told him honestly, she was so calm.

"Because I got to go to court for a child support case and i only have two kids and once is resting so I only have one and it's with you so you put me on child support for what" August asked and he was so serious.

"August are you serious right now yo" she said as she started laugh and August was dead serious.

"Payton I'm not laughing, do you think I don't support my son or something, what you want my money or something what Payton" he asked lowkey feeling some kind of way.

"Bae listen I don't need your money okay, i have four major degrees to my name and a restaurant I definitely don't need your money. That's for certain" she said correcting him as she talked to him on FaceTime.

"And I told you before I have a kid I'm going to stable including financially aight, I didn't put you on child support August" she said getting up off the couch.

"So who did" he asked and she sat her phone up in her kitchen as she started to prep for dinner.

"Well you do know that when you have a DNA test on a child and it's come back yours, you have to go to court for child support." Payton told him as she washed her hands.

"But bae I didn't test Adam, I know he's my child. He looks just like me and I trust you so I didn't do this" He said and Payton raised her eyebrows.

"Well August I don't know what to tell you, somebody obviously did it in your name if they got your DNA. So sounds like you got a snake around you and they real close" Payton said and he sigh.

"That's that woman intuition ain't it" he asked and Payton started laughing as she cleaning the chicken wings.

"Yea definitely" she said as she cut the extra skin off the chicken.

"Alright I'll be home in a minute. I love you" he said and she nodded.

"Okay I love you too" she said and he hung up the phone.

"Yo Lai what mail did my mom get from here" he asked walked over to the couch where she sat eating pickles and peanut butter.

"The same papers from that place" she said and he smacked his teeth.

"You think my moms had a DNA test on Adam" he asked and she shrugged.

"Ion know she ask me did she think Adam was yours I told her yea because I know P don't play none of that other stuff. and she came and got q-tips from me saying she was going over Payton house to see the baby" she said and he raised his eyebrows.

"Alright you good, you need anything" he asked, he was working on his anger.

"No" she said and August handed her five hundred dollars.

"Get the baby some more clothes... I love and see you later" he said as he kissed her forehead leaving.

"Thank you" she said as he quickly walked out the door.

Payton was making her grandma's recipe for chicken Alfredo. She was almost done and Shawn came downstairs. He hate the way things were, he felt he could rely on Payton nomore. She was done with him.

"It's smells good in here" he said and Payton chuckled.

"Yea I'm almost done, go wash up" she said and he nodded.

"Yes ma'am" he said and there was a knock on the door.

"Get the door too" she said and Shawn opened the door.

"It's Layton, Lauren, and Dejah" he said and they walked in.

"Oh god" she said as he closed the door and walked to the guest bathroom.

"It's smell good in here, hey P" Dejah  said with a smile and Payton turned around to see them standing.

"Hey Dejah, listen if you came here to fight, argue anything please leave my crib. I'm honestly bout done with y'all seriously" she told them in the most calmest respectfully way ever.

"I want to apologize to you" Lauren said and Payton stepped back turning her pots down so it could simmer.

"Please, I'm begging you. Don't apologize to me if your going to do it again, you just feel bad. You're not actually sorry" she said and sighing, Layton stepped up.

"We're generally sorry okay, we're sisters we let this whole situation get to far" Layton said and Payton nodded in agreement.

"I agree." She said and Dejah smiled, Payton was so pretty.

"Can we make up please" Dejah asked and Payton chuckled at her.

"If y'all cool than I'm cool, I love y'all." Payton said and they came over and group hugged.

"Can I see the baby" Dejah asked with a huge smile.

"He's over watching tv" she said pointing at Adam as she he sat safely propped up on the couch watching cocomelon.

"Oh god I didn't even see him over there... hey Adam, it's auntie D" Dejah said going over picking him up.

"Did you make extra" Layton asked and Payton smiled nodding her head.

"Yea y'all can have some" she said pointing at the plates.

"Let me wash my hands" Lauren said with a smile, she felt better about the situation.

After two hours of eating and watching tv, the girls left & Shawn went upstairs to get some rest. August hadn't yet came home so Payton put him a plate in the microwave of what was left. After she did that, she cleaned up, put the baby to bed and took a shower.

She decided not to wait up on August. She was already tired, so she went to bed. After another hour, she heard the microwave going off in her sleep. She sigh going back to sleep.

After he finished eating, he fixed Adam a bottle for in the morning and went to Payton's room. She was asleep and so was Adam in his crib. He kissed him goodnight before heading to the shower. She felt August get in bed beside her kissing her cheek.

"You okay" he asked wrapping his arms around her.

"I'm fine, you okay" she asked and he kissed her neck.

"I'm good, I love you Payton" he said and she smiled as he got closer to her.

"I love you too" she said and he kissed her cheek again.

"Goodnight baby" he said and she closed her eyes.

"Goodnight" she said before they fell asleep in each other's arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.1K 978 23
read all because of detention first! βœ”οΈ: november 11 sequel.. relationships will be tested..
213 25 27
" I hate this girl from the bottom of my heart. She broke my heart in a few seconds without any hesitation. She insulted me infront of every one. Sh...
28.2K 1.1K 60
"You only live once." This is the overly used excuse that we use every time we make a decision and that's fine because it's true. This also goes with...
117K 2.6K 40
When two ex best friends that absolutely hate each other reunite, does their hate for each other, turn into love? {central cee x oc}