A Masked Hero (The Owl House...

Door k9ine3

Luz Noceda is a powerful mage. She's a well known hero who serves and protects the city called Bonesborough... Meer

A Hero Has Awoken
Changes Being Made
Firelight
An Offer From Hexside Highschool
First Day and Accidental Reveal
A Familiar Face
Power-Up Challenge
Denial and Support
Getting to Know You
Learning New Spells
The Owl Lady
Running Away or Kidnapped?
Clues
Saving Amity
Apology
Beginning of Our Friendship
Parent Conference
Detention and Scars
Surprise Birthday Party
Halloween
Preparations and Confessions
Winter Formal
Mistletoe Prank
Our Last Goodbye
Behind the Mask
Love and Pain
Farewell
Returning to School
Believe in Me
The Magic Games
Guilt
Maze Run
Tag, Seek, and Attack
Luz and Amity VS Bria and Gavin
Dinner and Summer Beach
Marriage and Truths
Lost Sight
Taking Control of You
Tears, Blood, and Shattered Hearts
A Peaceful World

New Year's Day Battle

649 41 22
Door k9ine3

Friday 11:45 pm

Belos's POV

"You'll be in charge of your team, Joker. Make sure you and the team go through with the plan of destroying buildings that come across your path. Kikimora will borrow my magic to help manipulate the victims once we wake them up at exactly midnight. Keep an eye on the clock so you won't miss a second of your time to cause destruction in Bonesborough," I explained the plan once more.

"Got it boss. If Firelight and The Owl Lady appear, we'll make sure to take them down."

"Good. I'll have our hostages help you guys out with ruining the city. The heroes won't have a chance to save their precious town and soon, victory will be ours."

"We won't let you down sir," Joker bowed down to me before gathering his friends to prepare.

"Belos, everything is ready for you," Kikimora went near me.

"You stole the magic ability to carry our minions, correct?"

"Yes sir."

"We only have about thirteen minutes left before it becomes a new year. It's time we should head outside and go to our designated spot. Do you believe there will be a lot of people outside celebrating? I don't want them to notice us."

"There may be some people but if the others just left, then it appears there's not a problem going outside without being noticed."

"Right. Let's bring out the victims. We're finally making a big move on Firelight and The Owl Lady. New year, new us."

--------------------------------------------

Narrator's POV

"Luz! Can you bring the confetti poppers please? We have ten minutes left."

"Yes mama."

"Thank you mija."

Luz jogged to the kitchen to retrieve a package of confetti poppers for everyone at the house to use when it struck midnight. Amity, Eda, Camila, and Luz were the only ones in the Noceda's house who were celebrating New Year's. Luz invited the Blights over but Edric and Emira decided to stay at their mansion and Amity chose to come over.

"I have them right here," Luz set the box down as her mother opened it.

"This year went by rather quickly," Eda said.

"It did. Honestly, it feels like we're still halfway through the year," Amity added.

"Even though the feeling is there, I'm just excited and looking forward to a new year. We'll be starting off fresh, have lots of fun and adventures, and just enjoy each other's company," Luz smiled.

"I agree. I'm thankful that everyone that I know and care about in my life are wonderful and loving people," Eda pulled everyone in a side hug.

"We're thankful for you too, mi amor," Camila gave Eda a kiss on the cheek before turning her head to the TV.

"Reporting live on BBN news. This is Terry Porter speaking here. We only have exactly one minute left for a new year to come around. It may be raining but it won't stop us from what's about to come. What we have here is Bonesborough's clock tower that we'll be watching all together. Get ready everyone. It's almost time to begin our celebration."

"Everyone got confetti poppers, correct?"

"Yes we do mom," Luz answered.

"And I got the cannon confetti," Eda wiggled a long stick.

"Here we go everyone. The countdown begins now. Ten. Nine. Eight. Seven. Six. Five. Four. Three. Two. One."

"Happy New Year's!!"

Everybody yelled as they popped out confetti all over each other. The TV blared with cheer from people who were jumping up and down and hugging each other.

"Happy New Year's, Eda," Camila pressed her lips onto Eda's.

'There's kids here!' Luz exclaimed in her head.

"Happy New Year's Luz," Amity shyly muttered with a hint of redness on her face.

"Happy New Year's Amity," Luz pulled in her crush for a hug.

It didn't last long when they were interrupted by a loud explosion nearby. It caused the area to shake like a massive earthquake. Everyone fell down on the ground as they heard screaming in terror from the TV.

"The clock tower appeared to have collapsed. There might be someone attacking. I need to get to a safe spot. We'll remain live to show what or who caused the explosion."

"Is everyone alright?" Eda asked.

"Yeah, we are," Luz responded for everyone.

"Who would do such a thing?" Camila covered her mouth in fear.

Luz and Eda looked at each other nervously, not knowing what's going on. They would want to leave right away and check it out themselves but it'll expose them as Firelight and The Owl Lady. The heroes tried to figure out a way to get to the location without anybody knowing.

"Remain calm. The tower is only four minutes walking distance. I think it's best to wait and see if anyone will give instructions to evacuate if the situation becomes worse," Eda held Camila.

"Woah! Did you catch that? It appears that there's four figures standing above the crumbled tower. Zoom in for everyone to see."

Everybody watched closely to get a glimpse of who those people were.

"Citizens in Bonesborough, welcome to your worst nightmare. We are known as the Four Decks. My name is Joker and this is Ace, King, and Jack. We're here to take over the city and defeat Firelight and The Owl Lady. We have a huge surprise for you heroes. Our boss, Belos, has been helped by us, to capture four mages that are controlled and will be serving us. Wherever you are Firelight and Owl Lady, you'll lose and we'll win. As for everyone, I hope all of you have the worst new year."

Eda, Amity, and Luz quickly recognized who the villains were.

'Those guys were the ones who kidnapped Amity. Now they took more people to take control of their magic!'

Luz couldn't help but make her hands into fists and clenched her teeth as she was furious to see the criminals walking free and destroying part of the city.

"I hope Firelight and The Owl Lady are on their way to fight them," Amity uttered as she stared at the TV.

"I'm positive they are. Let's hope they hurry and take care of those criminals," Camila furrowed her eyebrows.

'Damnit. What's a good excuse to go outside and get ready to fight those bastards?' Eda became frustrated at herself for not doing anything to protect the city if Bonesborough.

'Good thing I always bring my costume just in case of situations like these.'

Another explosion appeared very close to the house. Everything was shaking and falling off of shelves. The house looked like it was about to collapse from the shock wave.

"We need to get out of here!" Eda shouted as Camila and Amity ran to the door.

It was too late. The house crumbled down on top of everyone inside. Raindrops start falling on top of them. The other houses in the neighborhood seemed to be slightly wrecked but the Noceda's house was in bad condition.

--------------------------------------------

Luz's POV

I felt a bit wet from the rain that landed on me. I opened my eyes and lifted my head to see where I was at. It was dark but not dark enough for me to see. I ended up by my bedroom door. The reason I was there was after Eda shouted about running out, all I cared about was getting my hero costume, putting it on, and getting ready for action. Eda was about a couple of feet away while my mom and Amity were probably laying by the now broken front door. Everything will be fixed by the help of mages who can do construction after this battle is over.

I crawled my way to my room and saw a light gray safe where my clothes are. I got close to it and put the code in for it to unlock. I swiftly took all the stuff out from it and put it on. I heard a voice next to me as I changed.

"Kid. You're okay."

"I'm alright. Get ready. We need to get Amity and mom out of here then we must find the Four Decks," I instructed my partner.

"Got it."

The last thing I put on was my mask. I shoved my clothes in the safe and did my best to push out the debris so I could rescue my mom and Amity.

"Let's go Firelight."

I followed Eda to find where Amity and my mom were. We went to the direction of where the porch is at. I pushed around the crumbled stuff to see where they could be at.

"Over here!"

I jogged to where Eda was at and saw Amity and my mom laying close to each other. I pulled Amity out while Eda got my mother.

"What happened?"

My mom and Amity's eyes were open slightly. We heard sirens from the ambulance, fire trucks, and police cars arriving onto the streets.

"Your house collapsed ma'am but don't worry, it'll be fixed soon," I pretended I didn't know who my mom was.

"Wait! Where's my daughter and my girlfriend?!"

"We got them out and they told us that you two were here as well. They're safe in an ambulance van so don't worry. We'll take you two to a van so they can check for injuries on you."

Eda and I weren't able to do so when a huge red beam appeared in front of us. I ran in a different direction with me holding Amity bridal style as Eda went the other way with my mother. This is not a great idea to split up. I went inside a house that was a bit wrecked but stable enough. No one was inside but Amity and I.

"Stay here. It'll keep you out of the rain so you won't catch a cold."

"Will you be alright?" Amity asked me.

"Of course I will. I'm Firelight after all. Just be safe until we take down those criminals who stole you away months ago."

"You got this Lu- er Firelight."

"Thanks," I smiled and ran outside.

I was drenched from the rain but that still won't stop me from fighting. I felt something hitting against my chest and looked down to see my necklace out. Please tell me it was out right when I left Amity alone. I tucked it in my shirt so nobody will discover who I am.

"Firelight! There you are," Eda ran over to me quickly.

"I was afraid I wouldn't see you."

"Nah, don't worry. I'll always find a way to get to you. Good news is the lady I took with me is fine. Bad news is that Joker and his gang are here as we speak."

"You're damn right about that hahaha," Owl Lady and I turned around to see the members of the Four Decks in front of us.

"Why the hell are you doing this? Instead of destroying everything, why don't you just face us instead. Tell Belos that," I spewed out in anger.

"There's no need for that," behind us was Belos with a magic staff and a group of people behind him who showed no emotions.

"You! You were the one in charge of this mess. How could you!?" Eda's eyes were glowing in a gold color.

"I want you both gone. I'm not letting this chance slip away for me to take over this city, then the state, then the entire world."

"Well you're dead wrong if you think we'll let you get the chance to defeat us. Water chase!" I yelled out as my magic controlled the stream of water around us.

It created a river of water to flow at high speed after my enemies. Ace, who has hazel colored eyes, was splashed in the face with water that made him fall down from the force. Joker, the leader of the Four Decks, turned his hands into pointy sword like objects and sliced through the water. King and Jack used their magic to fight off my magic.

"Destroy them," Belos said as his eyes glowed blue from his magic activating.

The four mages that were kidnapped fit the description of the ones who went missing. All of them came after Eda and I. There was no way we'd harm innocent people who were just being controlled by Belos.

"Quick sand!"

"Cancel!"

"What the-" Eda stared at her hands to see that her magic didn't work.

"He can use cancel to stop you from using your spell," I explained to Eda.

"I'm surprised you remember Firelight. You've been paying attention well," King said.

"Ice cage!"

My cage made of ice trapped the hostages. It'll give Eda and I enough time to focus on the criminals while the missing mages are busy trying to escape.

"Aerial," my hands faced the Four Decks, capturing them under my air spell.

It created a dome that lacked oxygen, making them suffocate. The spell only lasted for twenty seconds before Belos made his appearance behind me.

"Mind control," I felt his hands placed onto my head, using the spell.

"Got you."

"You wish," I kicked Belo's stomach and uppercut him.

He disappeared out of nowhere and reappeared next to the cage with someone else. I heard two of the criminals cough from my magic. Ace and Jack passed out as Joker and King were standing up to fight.

"Kikimora is here. I'll take care of the main villains and hostages. Do you think you can handle Joker and King?" Eda gave me a serious look.

"I can. Don't worry about me. Make sure to not give up."

"Hah! Me? Giving up? It won't happen."

I was left alone with the kidnappers while Eda ran off to attack Belos and Kikimora. In order for the victims to be released from their controlled state, my mentor has to bring down the infamous duo.

"I've been waiting long enough to destroy you, Firelight. You pissed me off a lot the last time we met. But this time, I'm not allowing you to keep me trapped in my place! King, do your spell."

"Mountain arena!" King held his arms up when the ground beneath us was shaking.

I was going up towards the sky as a mountain pushed the criminals and I. I was about a hundred feet away from the ground.

"Now we can settle this one versus two."

"That's fine by me."

--------------------------------------------

Amity's POV

I was suspicious to see the necklace Firelight had on around her neck. It had the letter 'L' on it and was made out of silver. The first person to pop in my head was Luz. Her as Firelight would be mind blowing and hard to believe. I need to investigate this matter later. Right now my heart was racing very quickly from everything that happened in a span of fifteen minutes. Now the two heroes are here to deal with the situation that happened not too long ago. I was separated from everyone and I'm alone in someone's house. There was no way I could just stay here and not do anything. The heroes who saved me twice now, are out there fighting for their lives. I think it's time for me to repay them back and help out.

I got off the floor and headed outside to see an ice cage far ahead with four people captured inside of it. Near it was The Owl Lady fighting two mages. A large mountain with no peak was standing tall with three others on top. From what I'm guessing, the people in the cage are the ones who got captured and are helping out the bad guys. Firelight is with the kidnappers on the mountain. I remembered the guy by the name of Joker said that the four mages who got kidnapped are controlled to hurt the heroes. What I need to do is help them out to get rid of some burden for Firelight and The Owl Lady.

I ran around the situation without anyone catching sight of me. I crouched down to find a solution on how to get in the thick cage.

'I can use my acid rain to blend in with the rain. I just need to be careful not to hurt the innocent.'

"Horizontal acid rain."

The acid pierced through the icy cage from the opposite side of where The Owl Lady is fighting at. It made a hole big enough for me to go inside. I stopped my magic and quickly ran inside to see the four mages standing. Neither of them noticed that I was here. They were motionless and stood there like zombies. Now how can I get them to snap out of the spell they are under?

"I got it. Weightlessness," I touched each of their heads with my fingertip to make them feel much lighter.

Now that they are weightless, I can carry them out of the cage and get them to the nearest ambulance. The ice was starting to melt from the rain so I immediately grabbed two out of the four victims and took them out. I searched around to see if there was anyone who could take them to a safe place while I went back to get the other two.

"Excuse me, miss but do you need help?" a police officer approached me.

"Yes please. Can you take them? They're under a mind control spell and need medical attention. There's two more that I'll be going back for."

"I can. Please be careful."

"I will," I ran down the little hill and went back to the cage to take the last two hostages.

"Kikimora! Take control of the victims before anything happens to them. I'll cover you," a voice said.

"I need to get going," I grabbed the captives and hurried my way out.

I sighed in ease as some police officers were waiting for me on the hill. Not only that but I didn't get caught by the culprits. I'm glad that I finally had the chance to help out the heroes.

--------------------------------------------

Eda's POV

"Sir Belos! They're gone! Our hostages are no longer in the cage!"

"That's impossible! Can you feel their presence? Are you still able to control what you want them to do?"

"I can not. Someone must've wiped off the spell from them."

I was surprised that the victims were no longer in Luz's cage. A wave of relief overcame me now that I know I won't be going against six mages by myself.

"Whoever did this, I'll kill them," Belos tightly gripped his magic staff.

'If only I had my staff with me.'

"Hey! Pay attention to me."

"You did this, didn't you?"

"I had no part in taking them away. Plus I was here with you the entire time we were fighting. Now, instead of complaining about your evil plans all ruined, why don't we have a fist fight?" I smirked as I punched against the palm of my hand.

"Belos, we must find the-"

"Not to worry Kikimora. This will only take a minute," Belos took off his cape and dropped it beside him.

He lifted his sleeves up to show how serious this fight is about to be. I need to make sure he doesn't manipulate or control me. We'd be doomed if it happens.

'Luz, you better be alright out there kid. I'm rooting for you to take down those maniacs who destroyed our city. We'll make sure to do our victory dance after this New Year's battle is over.'

"Come at me! I'm not afraid of you or your little crew!"

"You will be once I'm done with you and your partner altogether."

"I'd like to see you try."

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

891 44 14
Cover by : (myself lol) Luz, Amity and Willow are cops. Hunter, Gus and Matt Tholomule are mobsters. Everyone is over 18. TWs and CWs explained in th...
461 29 7
Luz Noceda is an average teenager trying to get a career in music but that proves to be difficult while being in school and having such a protective...
161K 4.9K 71
book 1 Luz Noceda gets into fights constantly in her home town. so her mother, Camila, sends her to live with a old friend of hers named Eda until he...
16.9K 325 20
David Algernon is a 15-year-old teenager who lived in Gravesfield, Connecticut with his widowed father William Algernon, who was a police investigato...