Janelle's Choice

By purplebunnies101

Janelle Smith is a normal 16 year old girl. She lived a happy life with her two parents in a beautiful home a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 5

529 35 8
By purplebunnies101

Today, on my 3rd day of school, I walked in the schools double doors and walked down the hallway.

Today, I wore jean shorts, black Jordan 11's, and a neon pink sweatshirt. I didn't wear any of my fancy crop tops today just in case someone else decides to spill beer on me or dump the schools meatloaf on me.

Oh yeah, I'm supposed to be talking to Logan today. I walked down the hallway and straight to Logan's locker.

I wasn't waiting for anything. I don't care if I'm late for stupid Ms. Johnson's class. I want to talk to Logan and I will talk to him right now.

Logan's locker was on the very end of the hallway, so I had a lot of freaking walking to do. I rolled my eyes at the long walk.

'Why is his locker so damn far down?' I thought to myself.

When I reached his locker, I saw him pulling out his math textbook. I quickly walked in front of him and slammed his locker shut. "You have some explaining to do." I said to him with a serious look and a serious tone.

"Look, I'm sorry I ditched you yesterday, but I don't have time to-"

"You will explain and you will explain right now." I said, not taking no for an answer.

He sighed in frustration. I could tell I was annoying him, but I frankly don't care. "I don't wanna talk about it okay." He said quietly and getting ready to walk away.

I grabbed his hand to stop him from walking away. He looked down at our connected hands and smirked. I could feel his skin getting warm and I smirked after that. I slowly let go of his hand. "Please Logan. I'm your friend and I don't want to see you hurt. I'm trying to let you open up and tell me what's wrong." I explain.

He looked into my eyes and sighed. He took me by the arm and pulled me to the far corner of the hallway. "Look, I trust you so I'm gonna tell you something that nobody knows."

"Okay." I said with his full attention.

"My parents died when I was 10. It was a car accident. I was in the same exact car when the accident happened. I didn't die but both of my parents did. I live with my aunt and uncle now. That's why when you were talking about your parents yesterday, it made me think about mines. And I felt bad."

As I listened to Logan, my heart sank in my chest. I can't believe he lost both of his parents in a car accident that he actually witnessed. "I'm sorry." I said.

"It's okay. But can we not bring this up again?" He asked me looking down."

"Okay." I understood that he didn't like talking about it. Now I feel kind of bad that I pressured him into telling me. "C'mon, let's go to class." I said smiling at him.
~~~~~~

These past 3 days, I've already got to know that Logan is really nice.

Every now and then, I catch him staring at me a few times. And then he's always smirking at me, and telling me his-

My train of thoughts got interrupted as my phone rang. I was outside waiting and sitting on the school bench, waiting for my dad to arrive and pick me up. The wind blew in my hair and I took a loose part of it and put it behind my ear.

I pressed answer on my phone. "Hello?"

"Hey Janelle." My dads voice spoke.

"Dad? Where are you? I've been waiting here for 15 minutes." I complained.

"I'm sorry, I had a late notice meeting with my boss, but I'm on the way." He said.

"Oh no. A meeting with your boss? Please don't tell me you go fired." I said, excepting the worst out of the situation.

My dad chuckled over the phone. "No. I didn't get fired. Just him and co workers needed to talk about the business." He explained.

I let out a sigh of relief. "Oh, good. Well hurry up, I'm waiting here and it's cold."

"Okay, okay...oh! I was gonna ask you, I'm making my famous chicken noodle soup tonight, and I was gonna ask you if you wanted to invite one of your new friends over for dinner." He said.

I smiled. This is the perfect time to invite Logan and get to know him a little better. "Okay, sure." I said.

"Okay. I'll be there in about 3 minutes." He hung up and looked around.

Logan probably isn't even here anymore. He probably already left. I looked to the right and paused when I saw Jaden and that Kelsey chick. They were sitting on the other bench making out like there was nobody around. I rolled my eyes at there ignorance and cleared my throat to get their attention.

The first time, I'm assuming they didn't hear me because they continued to make out. I rolled my eyes and cleared my throat a little louder. Both of them quickly separated and snapped their heads towards me.

"If you guys didn't notice, your outside of a school and you're sitting here making out. Either get a room, or quit kissing." I said.

Jaden sat there starring at me, while Kelsey gave me a scary look.

"You're a little aggressive aren't you?" Kelsey asked me. She's probably stunned at my constant aggressive attitude with her.

I already snapped on her yesterday for dumping her meatloaf on me, and know I'm yelling at them about the stupid, and frankly annoying PDA.

I glared at her and then shifted my eyes to see Logan walking out of the school. "Later." I said, getting up. I ran to Logan and smiled at him.

He smiled back. "Hey Janelle. What are you still doing here?" He asked with his slightly deep voice.

"Oh, my dad was running a little late. But I wanted to ask you something." I said.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Well, my dad told me that I could invite someone over for dinner and I uh, wanted to ask you, do you want to?" I said nervously. Wow, this is harder than I thought it was gonna be. With him right in front of me, staring at me as I ask him does he wanna come to my house for dinner, that's awkward. And what if he says no? Then I'll be embarrassed.

"Okay. Why not. My aunt probably won't mind." He said.

I smiled and let out a sigh of relief. "Oh thank you. Okay, well...see you there." I said.

"Okay. Oh yeah, what time?" He asked.

"Uh, about 7:00 I guess." I stated.

"Okay. See us there."

By the time I was done telling him the news, my dad had arrived.

I got in the car and he drove home.

When we got to the house I quickly got out of the car and pushed my dads back. "Hurry! Get inside and start making that soup!" I yelled at him.

"Okay, okay. Why are you in such a rush?" He asked me.

"Because...ugh! Just go!" He unlocked the front door and I ran inside. I slung my book bag on the living room floor and ran upstairs and closed the door to my room.

I swung my closet door open and starred at my close.
I pulled out red tank top, white ripped jeans, and red sparkly converse.

I ran to my bathroom and brushed my hair. I put it in a half up, half down hairstyle. I put on a little pink Mary Kay lipgloss and then overlooked myself in the mirror.

I look good. I thought to myself.

Wait a second...did I just literally change outfits, change my hairstyle, and put on lipgloss just because Logan is coming over my house?

Okay, weird. It's like I'm trying to impress him or something. Ha...impress him. Pft...I don't even know the guy.

I mentally shrugged and walked downstairs. The kitchen smelled like chicken noodle soup which automatically made my mouth water.

I've always loved his chicken noodle soup. It just doesn't taste like regular soup. It's like the best soup I've ever entered into my mouth.

I plopped on the living room couch and grabbed the remote from the coffee table. I pointed it at the tv and turned on teen nick and watched one of best shows ever, 'Drake and Josh'.

After about 20 minutes, I heard the doorbell ring.

He's here... I thought to myself.

I got up from the couch and opened door. And there Logan stood. He looked down at me and smirked. I stared into his eyes. "Uh, hi." I said. "You can come on in." I stepped aside so Logan could come into the house.

Logan looked around the house before landing his eyes on me. "You're house is nice." he said.

"Oh, thanks." I said. I led Logan to the kitchen and told him he could sit down anywhere at the dining table.

He sat in a seat and my dad walked over to put the big bowl of soup in the middle of the table. "Hi, my name's David." My dad introduced himself to Logan and held his hand out.

Logan shook his hand and introduced himself as well. "I'm Logan." He said.

My dad nodded and walked over to me. He leaned forward to whisper something in my ear. "Your friend is a boy?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes at his over protectiveness. "Just sit down." I said.

My dad sat down and took the bowl and poured some soup into his bowl, and so did I and then Logan.

Logan took a spoonful of soup and slurped it up. "This is really good, Mr. Smith." Logan said.

"Thank you. And no need to call me Mr. Smith. Call me David." My dad smiled at him.

I smiled. This is going pretty well so far.
~~~~~~

The rest of the dinner went pretty good. We enjoyed the soup and talked about random stuff together.

For a couple of times, my dad would ask him some 'parent' questions like what kind of grades he got in school and if he was nice and all.

The man acted like he was my boyfriend for crying out loud.

But otherwise, it was nice. After we got done eating dinner, my dad went upstairs and Logan and I sat on the living room couch.

We sat there in silence for a while...awkward silence.

I am about to pull my hair out if I don't break this awkward silence right now. So that's what I did. I broke the awkward silence...not pull my hair out.

"You wanna play a game?" I asked Logan.

He smiled. "Sure what kind of game?"

"10 Questions. This is a game my kindergarten teacher used to make our class play so we could get to know each other." I explained. I invited Logan here to get to know him in the first place, so that's what I'm gonna do. "We both have to ask each other 10 questions about the other person."

"Okay, cool. Who's gonna go first?" He asked.

"I'll go."

"Okay."

"Uh...okay, #1: what your favorite color?" I asked. Every time I meet a new person, I always wonder what their favorite color is for some reason.

"Green. #1: what's the most embarrassing thing you've ever done?"

I snickered, remembering the memory of that embarrassing moment. "It was in the 3rd grade. The janitor had just finished mopping the cafeteria floor. He put a 'caution wet sign' on the floor. I was trying to be bad, and show everyone that I didn't need to follow the rules. So I kicked the caution sign down and ran across the wet floor. And then I kind of ended up slipping and falling on my butt and the whole cafeteria laughed hysterically at me." I said, looking down.

Logan burst out laughing at what I'd just said. I smiled and playfully punched him on the arm. "It's not funny." I said.

"Okay, ask your question." He said, finishing his laughter.

"#2: what's the most beautiful thing you've ever seen?" I asked in a curious tone.

"...you..."

_

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.2K 3.1K 26
"Ashton, I know I'm not the usual type of pretty cheerleader you usually hang out with. I'm not sexy, I'm not attractive, and I'm absolutely no fun...
5.8K 214 21
"I-Im sorry", I say. "Why are you stuttering", he says. "Your nervous aren't you", he says while softly bitting the top of my ear. Harper June is yo...
249K 8.2K 39
"And it was all because of.." he pauses, giving me a soft smile, "Meeting you." *** Nicole Gold. The popular sweet heart. Popularity has always been...
376K 14.9K 35
Tori Anderson is the typical shy, nerdy seventeen year old. After her parents died, she's been living in a foster home with her foster mom and the o...