Up All Night ➸ One Direction...

By Carefree2222

"It wasn't like I was a hater or anything, I just had better things to do than stalk One Direction's Twitter... More

1 : Mobs and Such (Trailer!)
2 : Trapped
3 : Paparazzi
4 : The Paparazzi Games
5 : Laughs and Limousines
6 : "Houston, We Have a Problem"
7 : Dinner and A One Direction
8 : The Ellen Degeneres Show!
9 : Wrestling 101
10 : Back To Class
11 : Challenge Accepted
12 : The Game [1]
12 : The Game [2]
12 : The Game [3]
13 : Hide And Go Cheat
14 : Ella Strauss vs. The World
15 : Mission Impossible [s.e]
16 : We've Gathered Here Today...
17 : Candice's Corner
18 : Moments
19 : Rabid Werewolves
20 : The World's Funniest Home Twitcams
21 : Is It Me?
1D Summer Awards
22 : Tango with the Devil's Assistant
23 : Paulways In Charge
24 : Grounded
25 : We Need To Talk
Interview Questions From YOU. (Closed)
*Character Interview*
26 : Reassurance
27 : Hormones VS Kidnappings
28 : How To Seduce, Summer Evans' Edition
29 : Cruel and Unusual Punishments
30 : Tacos and Hot Bods
Book Cover & Ship Name
31 : A Taco & Some Tears
33 : The Reality of Things
34 : Rewind then FastForward [h.s]
Whose Point Of View?
35 : Night Changes [n.h]
36 : Jealous
37 : Little Things
38 : Begin Again
**Interview Questions**
*Character Interview (2)*
39 : Cleavage [h.s]
40 : Picture Perfect [s.e]
41 : Stone Cold
42 : Hands of Love
43 : Yours
44 : Up All Night

32 : In a Blink of an Eye

146K 1.3K 276
By Carefree2222

Beautiful gif of Niall Horan, ladies and gentlefish. Yus. 

Be Alright - Justin Bieber 

Dedicated to sheepsongnothing , thanks for the lovely comment :) x

HIT THAT VOTE BUTTON.

Chapter 32 :  In a Blink of an Eye

Darkness surrounded me. I sat motionless until the soft sound of music filled my ears and before I knew it, I was in a ball room, swaying to the rhythm. A smile was plastered on my face. Fake or not, I did not know. I glanced around at all the people that attended this soirée and slowly pointed out familiar faces on the dance floor.

Summer and Niall danced together, just mere inches apart from each other. They looked... happy, but why wouldn't they? The two were a lovely couple. Niall held her close, guiding her in the elegant dance. He wore a fitting tux while Summer wore a beautiful lavender dress that stopped at her feet. I couldn't help but smile at the sight of them. They stared into each other's eyes intently as they indulged in small talk. The Irish boy threw his head back in laughter and I swore the sound of his laughter reached me.

"Cute, aren't they?"

A figure appeared beside me. Not taking my eyes away from my best friend, I opened my mouth to reply. "Yeah. When you really pay attention, you can see how cute of a couple they really are." I smiled when a grin appeared on her face as she ruffled the blond boy's hair. Summer escaped from his grasp and turned away, but he grabbed her gently and pulled her into a kiss. She then melted in his arms.

"Care to dance with me?"

I finally turned my head to look at the boy. His familiar green eyes bore into mine and instantly, my heart melted. Harry stared back at me with his million dollar smile and reached a hand out towards me. I hesitated a moment, but smiled once my hand came into contact with his. He smirked back, gently pulling me to the dance floor. Once we were in position, Harry led the way into the dance. I had no idea what I was doing and didn't dare question it.

"You look absolutely beautiful tonight, Ella," Harry said. He held onto me tightly, yet gently, as if he didn't ever want to let go.

I chuckled, feeling my face grow hot. Any girl would care to just get a glance from Harry Styles. Here I was, dancing with him. "Thank you. You look great yourself." Everyday this curly haired boy surprised me. I didn't think he could get any more attractive, but I was wrong. He looks great in a tux.

We didn't say anything more. Instead, we danced together endlessly. His eyes and facial expression said everything. Once I finally looked away from him, I noticed the others circled around Harry and I. Summer and Niall, Zayn and Perrie, Danielle and Liam, Louis and Eleanor, danced along side us. We all glanced at each other and exchanged knowing smiles. Everything was perfect.

I threw my head back and stared up at the big, breath-taking chandelier that lit up the room. Moments later, the music silenced and a fart filled my ears.

I looked at Harry who wrinkled his brow in confusion as he looked back at me.

"It wasn't me," I whispered, trying to stifle any laughter.

The fart continued on. There was only one person I knew who would fart anywhere, even in public places. I searched for the blond and once my eyes fell upon him, I squinted my eyes at him.

I blinked furiously as the scene before me faded out into darkness once again. Oddly enough, I stared up at a ceiling that was only illuminated by the TV that was on. I was laying on my back on a carpeted floor, reason my neck pained with stiffness. That moment was when everything clicked. It was all a dream, a pleasant one at that. Well, aside from the fart that ruined it. Of course it would have been Niall.

I placed my lips into a thin line and sat up groggily, glancing around at my surroundings. Still bodies laid close to me. For a second I wondered if I was in another dream and these were dead bodies, but soft breathing and snoring filled my ears. My friends were fast asleep.

The memories of last night flooded back into my mind. After watching Toy Story 3 and The Notebook, we decided to continue watching movies until we started to get sleepy. I expected us to make our way back to our rooms. That obviously didn't happen. A smile found its way on my lips. It was comforting to know all my friends laid near by. Sighing, I slowly laid back down and stared up at the ceiling again, taking in everyone's soft breaths.

"Ella," someone called out in a whisper.

I twisted my head in every direction to find where the voice came from. I hoped no one was saying my name in their sleep. That would be questionable. "Yes? Who is that?"

I sat quietly and waited for some sort of response. A small phone light came on and who ever it was, directed it to me. I stared blankly as they got closer and plopped down next to me. The second the light lit up the person's face, I grinned and a small laugh escaped my lips. The curly haired boy smiled as he made himself comfortable.

"Why aren't you sleeping, love?" He asked, laying down.

"I could be asking you the same question, Styles."

Harry turned on his side, facing me and held his head up with his hand. I stared into his green eyes as he smiled from ear to ear, his dimple making itself prominent. His smile was so charming. The moment we locked eyes, I swear my heart skipped a beat. This Harry gave me the same feeling the dream Harry did.

"If you must know, I couldn't exactly sleep. Every time I woke up, It felt like I was missing something," he said.

I glanced at the necklace around his neck before taking it into my hand, examining it. "Did you find what you were missing?"

He sat quietly. I could feel his eyes on me like it was burning into me. I was expecting an answer like his phone went missing or any sort of object like that. I was wrong.

"Yes, I was missing..." Harry paused.

Releasing his necklace, I looked at him and watched as he grazed his teeth against his lip. He was staring down at the floor in thought.

His eyes found mine again. "I was missing you. I couldn't sleep because I wanted to hold you in my arms tonight."

I opened my mouth to speak, but couldn't find any words to say. My cheeks burned and I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs in excitement. Harry studied me and waited for some sort of reaction or response. It took all that I had to keep calm and collected. The light on his phone went out. Darkness came again.

I did the only thing I thought to do and that was turn on my side to where my back was facing him. I was going to allow him to hold me just like he wanted. Just like I wanted, but hadn't realized it until he said it.

Harry scooted closer to me, closing any and all space between our bodies. I smiled and took in his warmth. His body close to mine was unbelievably comforting. I felt his fingers trailing up and down my arm, sending a wave of emotion through my body. Harry's touch was gentle and soothing; it made my skin prickle.

"Go to sleep," he instructed in a low, husky voice. I felt his hot breath against my neck, making my body tense more than it already was.

"You first," I whispered.

Harry continued stroking my arm. "How about we both go to sleep at the same time?"

I laughed. One of us was bound to fall asleep before the other. There was no way we would fall asleep at the same time, but that doesn't matter. What matters is this moment, right now, right here with Harry. We were closer than we ever been and I was happy. He made me happy and no one could ruin that. Not even Harry himself.

"Deal," I heard myself say.

At that, he wrapped his arm around me and snuggled closer to me. I smiled, shutting my eyes closed and allowed sleep to take over.

❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

"Do you think she's dead?"

"Of course not! She's just sleeping."

"But why won't she wake up?"

"Poke her eye and maybe she will."

"Fellas, you're absolutely brilliant. Every girl loves to get poked in the eye while they are asleep."

"If Liam says we should poke her in the eye, I think we should listen."

"If I told you to jump off a bridge, would you do that, too?"

"...Probably."

It took all that I had not to break out into laughter. It was sort of hard when that's all I wanted to do... besides sleep, of course. With the boys here, it might be nearly impossible. They were here with one task in mind:

Wake Ella up.

Feeling pressure on my right eye, I opened the left one to be greeted by a grinning Niall, a piece of bacon hanging out of his mouth. He was awfully close, but stepped away in laughter when he realized I was awake. I groaned loudly and shielded my face with my hands.

"I don't think she enjoyed that eye poke very much, Niall," Louis said.

"How can you be certain? You're not Ella," Niall said in response.

I don't think anyone would actually enjoy their eye being poked while they are half asleep, actually. Unless that's something that someone is into... Which would be slightly weird...

Tossing my thoughts aside, I sat up and glanced at the boys through squinted eyes. They stared back down at me with blank expressions, aside from Niall. He continued to smile.

I tried to give the boys a serious, mean look, but when my eyes landed on Harry, that facade failed. He stared back at me and instantly, I flushed and felt my face grow hot. We cuddled for the first time last night. Did the others catch us all snuggled up?! I'd imagine them teasing us about it for the rest of our lives. They just seemed like those kind of guys. Whatever, doesn't matter. I'll be prepared for any jokes they throw at me!

I hope...

"Breakfast is ready, Ell," Harry said, breaking the silence.

I swallowed nervously under his gaze. Why was I nervous? The Harry I'm staring at is the same Harry he was yesterday and the day before that. I watched him as he ran his fingers through his curly hair, removing some hair out of his face. The need to walk over to him and touch his hair while kissing him passionately hit me like a bag of bricks. As if hearing my thoughts, he smirked and winked at me.

By now I was sure I was red as a tomato. Picking myself up, I quickly fled the room and headed over to the dining area where the smell of fresh food filled my nose. I heard the boys behind me as their small chatter filled my ears, but I ignored once one thing filled my mind,

food.

I made my way inside and glanced around at the table that filled with breakfast items. My eyes enlarged at the sight before my stomach grumbled loudly. Sitting down, I grabbed the plate before me and placed three pieces of bacon and some eggs on it. My mouth began to water. Picking up my fork, I watched the others take their seats around the table and stared at Harry in the corner of my eye.

"Enjoy your meal," Sebastian said, poking his head through the doorway.

"So, Ella, how'd you sleep?" Summer asked, staring at me across the table.

I placed my fork down and took a quick glance at everyone around the table. They had their eyes on me. It was then, that second, I knew that everyone saw Harry and I cuddled up. I mean, why won't they just come out and say it like normal people?! No, they must tease.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I questioned, laying my eyes on the red head.

Her brows furrowed in confusion. "I'm just asking how your night was."

I squinted my eyes briefly at her. "It was alright if you must now. If you all must know."

Leaving it at that, I picked my fork up again and shoved a forkful of eggs into my mouth. The tension eased once everyone focused on eating, but I didn't let my guard down. Especially with a certain curly haired boy sitting next to me.

"How was your night, Zayn?" Louis asked.

I turned my head to look at the boy as he answered.

His lips curled into a smile. "Perrie sang me to sleep."

"Awww, that's so-"

A slimy, wet-like object was pelted at me, making me shut my mouth closed. I placed my lips into a thin line as small laughter filled my ears. I glanced around at everyone and they all avoided me eyes, aside from Josh. He stared at me with a large grin on his face.

"It was you, wasn't it?" I accused him.

He raised a brow and pointed at himself. "Me? I'd never." His face said otherwise.

I shook my head, picked up a strip of bacon and crushed it into small pieces in my hand, not looking away from the drummer. Soon as I finished, I threw all pieces at him.

Sadly enough, none reached him and hit Harry, Lauren, Liam, and Niall instead.

Niall gaped at me and frowned. "You're wasting food!" He screeched, taking his plate full of food and running out the room.

"You started it, Ella," Liam announced, picking up a biscuit.

I started it? No! It was Josh. "Put that down, Liam. You're making a mistake!"

He bit into the biscuit and for a second there, I thought I was safe. I was wrong. He threw it and hit my forehead. I frowned.

The room grew silent, everyone watching intently at what my next move would be. I hadn't even known myself, but as I picked up a pancake, everything came clear to me.

I knew what I was about to do was definitely going to start something I couldn't escape. It'd get messy in here and I suddenly felt for Sebastian. He probably worked hard for this meal and he'd have to find out we waisted it. Aside from Niall, of course. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy poisons our lunch later.

I picked up the whipped cream bottle and sprayed some onto the pancake in my hand. Standing up, I glanced at everyone and smiled before slapping the pancake onto Harry's face.

The room broke out into laughter as everyone pulled their cell phones out to snap a picture. I looked down at Harry and watched as he wiped the cream off his face.

"Revenge is sweet, Ella," he whispered loud enough for me to hear.

I was satisfied despite the possibility of my slow, painful death later on.

"Before this activity continues, which probably will, there's something I must show all of you." Sebastian said, appearing in the room. 

We all quieted our laughter and eyed the him as he glanced around at us. Once he knew he had our attention, Sebastian motioned us to follow him before leaving the room.

Shortly, Niall caught up to us as Sebastian led the way. The eight of us followed closely behind him in anticipation. Whatever he has to show us, must be good, right? Well, I hope it is. 

All of our questions were answered once we reached the outside of the large cruise ship. Sebastian stepped out of the way so we could get a good look. It was the last thing I expected, but perhaps, the others knew. Maybe they were used to this kind of thing...

I wasn't, though. 

That moment, I told myself things were only going to get worse from here on out. Thing is, I believed it. I glanced at Harry and took notice of his pained expression as he stared back at me, his hand now entwined with Lauren's. 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Oh, no. Cliff hanger. Sorry. Oops. 

Okay, hope you guys enjoyed that. Took me a month to upload, yes -_- 'Cause it took me a month to write. School has been hectic and today I had my first final exam out of a total of four. That sucker had 300 questions. 300 QUESTIONS. When my teacher told me, I wanted to HIT.THE.FLOOR.AND.SOB.

I'm calm. The worst is over... Not really. OKAY, MOVING ON. 

The Christmas special has been started. I've only gotten one chapter done, though x) I'm working on it. I might give up on it though, cause this story is already difficult to write. But I will do my best! 

SHIP NAME INFOOOO. 

I tallied them ALL up. 

Sumiall : 121 votes

Siall : 29 votes

Niammer : 14 votes

Nummer : 17 votes

.... Sumiall wins by a landslide, so that will be Summer & Niall's ship name :)

HOORAY FOR SUMIALL AND HELLA EVEN THOUGH THAT RELATIONSHIP IS TOTALLY DIFFICULT AND FRUSTRATING. 

VOTE. COMMENT. VOTE AND COMMENT. 

I love you all x

Oh, one more thing. If I don't say UAN is over, it isn't, okay? Lol, people have been freaking out sending me messages and leaving comments about it being over and I have no idea why. It's not over yet. There's still some chapters left x) So sit back and relaaaxxxx!

Stay beautiful ~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

450K 17.8K 52
[NOT EDITED.] !!!DISCLAIMER: I wrote this when I was young and didn't fully grasp the concept of writing. The books get progressively better as time...
7.2K 167 7
**COMPLETE** Louis is picked to appear on Love Island when a friend signs him up. He is pessimistic about the whole situation. That is until he meets...
100K 2.3K 22
Sam: HELP IM FREAKING OUT IN THE STORE Unknown: HIDE IN THE CLOTHING RACK FAST! Unknown: who is this btw __________________________ What happens wh...
3.7K 53 27
I watched as the love of my life ran out of the door with tears streaming down her face. There was hurt laced in all of her precious features.It hur...