Someday Soon ¦ rosekook

By monamonte

Unknown to the two of them, Jungkook and Chaeyoung started liking each other back in high school. But neither... More

1 - Coming Home
2 - It is really you
3 - password and wallpaper
4 - Twist of Fate
5 - my little chipmunk
6 - the twins' intervention
7 - friendzoned
8 - date
9 - It's okay to be selfish.
10 - oddly familiar
11 - what are you trying to do here
12 - complication
13 - more than okay
14 - knowing what she wants
15 - Jeon
16 - Someday Soon
17 - not very convincing
18 - Rain, rain, go away
19 - dilemma
20 - tough choice
21 - I like you
22 - wishing to be his = hers
23 - Hey Stupid, I Love You
24 - Playgirl
25 - The Talk
26 - free time
27 - been dealt with
28 - Certainly Uncertain
29 - out in the open
30 - WHY
31 - unfinished business
32 - A push-pull cycle
33 - when her friends did their part
34 - AWKWARD
35 - SOMEDAY SOON?!
37 - Girls

36 - first interaction

587 51 8
By monamonte

Jungkook's dance practice finished an hour ago but he decided to stay longer to do more practice on his own. Feeling exhausted and hungry, thoughts of his mom's homemade food and his comfy bed at home occupied his mind. And due to exhaustion and pain all over his body, he painstakingly dragged his feet across the long hallway towards the exit. He was about a meter away from the closed doors when a set of painting materials rained down on him.

Annoyance instantly filled his head as he snapped his head towards the culprit. He was about to lash out at the person in front of him when the color red literally covered his sight. His hand quickly flew over his head and felt his anger rising the moment he realized that an unclean palette was sitting on top of his head.

"Aist! How could you be this clumsy and careless?" He screamed in frustration.

Not seeing the person's face due to the paint dripping down his forehead only made Jungkook feel more irritated by the minute.

"Let me help you clean up. I'm so..."

"Don't bother!" He interrupted, not willing to hear any explanation. Then he added his next statement without thinking clearly. "You might even do more harm than good."

"I'm really sorry. Please, let me help." The person softly begged while putting a hand over Jungkook's arm. "It's clearly my fault so it's only right . . ."

"Damn right, it is YOUR fault!" He angrily screamed while looking up to meet the other person's gaze.

Complete bewilderment and shame immediately overpowered Jungkook's emotion the moment he realized who was standing before him.

On the other hand, Chaeyoung kept on wishing for the ground to swallow her alive after causing the accident, especially when Jungkook looked at her straight in the eyes. The rage burning in his eyes was looking as clear as day. She was frightened and totally embarrassed with what she had done to the boy she admired.

If only she did not let her clumsiness and excitement overcame her the moment Jungkook's figure appeared at the foot of the stairs. If only she was able to help herself from feeling panicked every single time Jungkook caught her attention. If only the loud and fast beating of her heart did not distract her from being careful then she wouldn't be in that situation.

His loud gasp echoed around the empty hallway.

Jungkook tried to explain before he got interrupted, "I, uh . . ."

"I'm really, really, sorry. Forgive me and allow me to lend a hand in cleaning you up. Please, classmate."

Classmate? She doesn't even know my name?! Argh!

Did you actually say that out loud, Park Chaeyoung? How lame can you be?!

"Jeon Jungkook, that's my name." He whispered in an attempt to sound casual as he introduced himself.

Of course, I know! You are Jeon Jungkook, my ultimate crush. It was expected that I know your name, pet's name, favorite snacks, color, your motto in life, you name it . . .

Chaeyoung hesitantly grabbed his hand to shake it and reciprocated his self-introduction before getting herself more distracted.

"My name is Park Chaeyoung."

Park Chaeyoung, my longtime crush, my first love and last . . . I wish! You're the person who brightens up my day whenever I'm feeling down, the only girl that I wish I'd find the courage to talk to, and the girl of my dreams. Of course, I know you.

"Nice to meet you, Chaeyoung." Jungkook managed to say after his inner monologue.

"It's nice to meet you too, Jungkook."

"Not sure if I should be happy you still remember that embarrassing memory." Chaeyoung groaned.

He chuckled, "That was the very first time we talked to each other so it was only expected that I remember it."

"That, I remember well. It was the very first time you acknowledged my presence."

"What are you talking about? I have fancied you since the first day of high school. How much more did you need me to acknowledge your presence?"

She looked at him in utter surprise, "No way! You have got to be kidding me."

"Why are you looking at me like that? Of course, I'm telling you the truth, Park. How is that so surprising?"

"It's fairly difficult to believe that because you were never friendly around girls back then." She spat.

"Then I guess I'm just really good at being discreet, eh?"

"During high school, yes. But you've gotten bolder during college." She laughed.

Together with her group members, Chaeyoung huddled around a table at the corner of the library. They were too engrossed in their discussion on a project when Jungkook's sudden appearance threw them off guard.

"Jeon, what are you doing here?" The man, sitting next to Chaeyoung, asked.

Jungkook faked a laugh while casually taking a seat between Chaeyoung and the man. And while pushing the two apart, Chaeyoung almost fell off her seat. It was a good thing that Jungkook was quick to hold Chaeyoung by the waist. He pulled her close to him, not leaving even an inch of space between them.

"I came to help your group." Jungkook blurted.

Ten minutes ago, he was seated with his group members a few tables from where Chaeyoung was. They were talking about the same project that Chaeyoung's group was. But Jungkook could hardly concentrate after noticing that the man beside Chaeyoung was slowly inching closer towards her.

He was getting distracted as his attention shifted to Chaeyoung and the man beside her. So he quickly wrapped up their group meeting by randomly assigning everyone a task and volunteered to do the most difficult task to keep anyone from complaining.

"Our group already finished the discussion of our project so I thought it would be nice to help you out. Besides, we're all in it together, aren't we?" He cheerfully added in an attempt to hide his real intention in appearing out of nowhere.

"I knew you were going to talk about that!" Jungkook exclaimed.

Chaeyoung responded with a laugh before asking, "Is it always your jealousy that pushes you to act on things?

"You could say that. Though it's more accurate to say that my reason is just you, my little chipmunk." He lovingly answered.

"Pfft! If that were the case, it wouldn't take you years to talk to me." She scoffed, openly mocking him. "It looked as if you needed competition before you feel the need to pursue me."

And she was answered with nothing but the stillness of the air.

Jungkook was suddenly silent. He acted as if he was concentrating on driving them back to the city. But Chaeyoung could clearly see through him. She knew that her question from earlier made him upset. It was evident in the way he clenched his hands around the steering wheel, the grim expression on his face, and his stiff posture.

"Jeon . . ." She called while trying to calm him by putting a hand over his arm.

In response, Jungkook pulled over without warning. Then he snapped his head towards Chaeyoung and immediately felt guilty about his doing. She looked completely taken aback with fear clouding her eyes.

"Shit! I'm so sorry, babe. I did not mean to startle you." He confessed as he pulled her for a hug. Then he ran his hand up and down her back to calm her further.

"What's the matter with you?" She cried.

"Shhh. I'm really sorry. I wasn't thinking clearly."

"Why? Did I upset you with what I said?" She asked with a pout on her face. "I'm sorry."

"No. It's not your fault. I just felt bad after realizing that it was a cowardly decision not to pursue you much earlier than I should have. I wasted a lot of chances and . . . time." He explained while avoiding meeting her gaze.

She grabbed his hands and warmed them up between hers.

"Oh! I'm sorry. I didn't think saying that would make you feel this upset. Please don't let it bother you. It was a mere slip of the tongue. I don't really mean it that way."

He shook his head in denial, "Whether you meant it or not, the thought still crossed your mind. So I must do something about it. I will make it up to you for all the wasted time."

"You don't have to. Jeon, I swear, it's really fine. Besides, it's all in the past now so . . ."

"But I want to. And there's nothing you can do about it." He said in finality.

"Ugh!" She groaned. "Fine! Do as you wish!"

"I sure will." He cheerfully answered.

She heaved a deep sigh, "Why do you sound so happy? Haven't you realized that you're only making it difficult for yourself?"

"Haven't you realized that doing anything for you makes me happy?"

"Whatever!" She said before turning away from him and locking her gaze outside the window.

"You're blushing." He teased after seeing the crimson color on her cheeks.

"And whatcha gonna about it?" She huffed, snapping her head at him in defiance.

"This." He whispered.

In one quick motion, Jungkook freed himself from his seat belt, leaned towards Chaeyoung, grabbed her by the waist with one hand while the other one held her face firmly in front of his.

"Jeon," She gulped in anticipation and anxiety with what he was trying to do. "What are you doing?" She mumbled.

He smirked after seeing her reaction. It always made him happy to witness how much he affected Chaeyoung. The blushing of her cheeks, the shaking of her voice, and everything else proved that he bothered her the same way she did with him. It never failed to put a smile on his face.

He slowly moved his face closer. Inch by inch, he dared to eliminate each of their personal space. He was as nervous as much as she was. But he wanted it so bad that he was making it happen. Hovering his face over hers, he looked at her straight in the eyes, silently asking for permission. So when she did nothing, not even moving away from him, he understood it as a sign of approval.

Without wasting any more time, he grabbed the chance and . . .

HONK! HONK! HONK!

In a split second, Jungkook and Chaeyoung got back to their seats and straightened up. Without a word, he wore his seat belt again and started driving in no time. And five minutes after, the silence inside the car was replaced with a series of laughter.

"You should have seen your face!" She taunted.

"Huh! I'm positive that you looked way worse than me. The surprise, panic, and disappointment in your eyes were undeniable." He retorted.

"Is that so?" She sassed. "You see, I always wondered how your lips would feel when pressed against mine. I thought about whether you are a great kisser or not. And if I'd be honest, it crossed my mind more than once. Darn! It's too bad that I'm the only one who is disappointed. I guess my fantasies will have to remain in my mind for a little longer. Tsk."

"You . . . what?!" He answered in panic, not expecting to hear Chaeyoung's answer just now.

"Oops! Did I say that out loud? Don't think too much about it. I was only talking to myself." She responded dismissively.

"It's, uh, fine. It's totally fine. You know, babe . . ."

"Nuh-uh, I'm kissing no boyfriend tonight."

"I blew it, didn't I?"

"Like a grenade, BOOM!"

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I hope you did not get lost with all the shifting of the past and present interactions between our main characters. In case you did, feel free to tell me.

AND thank you always for everyone who is still waiting for this story's every update. Thank you for voting and leaving comments. I truly appreciate it, I hope y'all know that.

Stay safe everyone! Enjoy your day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.9K 2.8K 87
"We can't be together but I can't lose you too," his once soothing voice sounded pained. "You're right, we can't be together." she agreed as her hea...
4.6K 220 25
A rosekook fan fiction whose story is based on a tv show... it is gonna be different from all other fan fictions... here you will not see any start o...
159K 9.9K 81
"We don't meet people by accident, they are meant to cross our path for a reason.", Rosé reads. "Maybe he's the reason I will finally meet her.", she...
194K 5.5K 65
"You know being this close to you makes it hard for me to control myself." My eyes grew wide as I did not expect him to say such words. I couldn't t...