The Darkest Awakening Vol. 5

By Zoethe80slover

With a new era dawning with Zach as the new leader, things have changed. The amulets have got a new design, Z... More

Chapter 1: A New Era
Chapter 2: More Rivalries
Chapter 3: Darkness
Chapter 4: Dream Vs. Zodiac Heroes and Yuansu Park Spirits
Chapter 5: Courses
Chapter 6: Meeting Up Again
Chapter 7: Time For A New Beginning
Season 1: 1# It's Been A While
Season 1: 2# New Inventions and Team Member
Season 1: 3# Memory Book
Season 1: 4# Tommy Vs. Dream
Season 1: 5# The Sick Leave
Season 1: 6# The Dragon Gem
Season 2: 1# The Legend Behind It
Season 2: 3# Mysterious Spirits
Season 2: 4# Back To The Hospital
Season 2: 5# The New Amulets
Season 2: 6# Jschlatt Became Dictator
Season 3: 1# Keeping The Dragon Gem Safe
Season 3: 2# Plan To Overthrow The Dictator
Season 3: 3# Preventing Lunatite Vines
Season 3: 4# The Kidnapped Leaders
Season 3: 5# Extracting My Spiritual Self
Season 3: 6# Work On The Plan
Season 4: 1# As The Sun Sets
Season 4: 2# Getting Executed
Season 4: 3# Saving Tubbo
Season 4: 4# Lunatite Poisoning
Season 4: 5# Tommy's Out Of The Hospital
Season 4: 6# A Week Later
Season 5: 1# The Lowest Point
Season 5: 2# Nightmares
Season 5: 3# Walking Again
Season 5: 4# Firework Attack
Season 5: 5# Therapy Sessions
Season 5: 6# Welcome To The Team
Season 6: 1# Maggie's Backstory
Season 6: 2# Cool Outfits
Season 6: 3# Hog Hunt
Season 6: 4# Quackity's Eye
Season 6: 5# Blinded By The Injuries
Season 6: 6# The Beginning Of The Trial
Season 7: 1# Trial Time
Season 7: 2# Training
Season 7: 3# No More Trauma
Season 7: 4# Afternoon Plans
Season 7: 5# Hunting Dream
Season 7: 6# Slimecicle's First Day
Season 8: 1# After Courses
Season 8: 2# Dream Stuff
Season 3# Dream In Yuansu Park
Season 8: 4# Just A Normal Day
Season 8: 5# Simon Meets Brad... Again
Season 8: 6# A Normal Night
Season 9: 1# A Few Months Went By
Season 9: 2# They're Back
Season 9: 3# The Footage
Season 9: 4# Jschlatt
Season 9: 5# Assembly
Season 9: 6# Going To London
Season 10: To The World

Season 2: 2# Dinner

1 0 0
By Zoethe80slover

Brad's POV

Zach was chosen by Mr. Tan to temporarily guard the Dragon Gem and protect it at all costs. And prevent ant bad guy from getting it. However, Zach and his team might deal with a threat tonight. Which is why they are going to recruit a new member for their team. And that new recruit would be a Creeper Light Spirit with rare Fire-based abilities.

Zach's POV

Me and my team are walking to the cafeteria and the sun is setting right now. The lamp posts have already turned on but there are no spirits roaming around yet. I believe they come out when it's actually dark and not during sunset.

Toby: Where are the spirits?

Zach: They won't be coming out until it's completely dark.

Toby: Oh.

Tommy: But your pocket is glowing.

Zach: Sorry, what?

Toby: Your pocket is glowing.

Zach: Must be the Dragon Gem. You guys go ahead and have dinner, I need to see Mr. Tan. We'll meet up in the cafeteria.

While my teammates headed to the cafeteria, I went to Mr. Tan's office to ask him about the Dragon Gem and why is it glowing. I did without getting caught by the other professors who were also focused on getting dinner by now.

Zach: Mr. Tan.

Mr. Tan: Zach, how can I help you.

Zach: While I was trying to protect the Dragon Gem, I wanna ask why is it glowing.

Mr. Tan: During the night, the Dragon Gem's power is at it's peak. The energy within the gem is being released. Which is why it's glowing. At this rate, recruiting a new member from Yuansu Park is easy.

Zach: Thanks Mr. Tan.

Mr. Tan: You're welcome, you better head to the cafeteria.

Zach: Oh yeah, I'm looking forward for some dinner.

I walked back to the cafeteria, grabbed some food and went to my team. We're quietly eating until Tubbo asked me about the Dragon Gem. About why was it glowing in my pocket earlier.

Toby: So why did the Dragon Gem glow?

Zach: It's because at night, the Dragon Gem's power is at it's peak. The energy within the gem is being released, with enough power to recruit a Yuansu Park spirit.

Tommy: Wow, this gem is so interesting.

Zach: But we gotta be careful with it, even when the power is at it's peak, it is more prone to megalomaniac spirits who want all the power in the world. We don't want it falling into the wrong hands.

Toby: You're probably right.

Ranboo: What are you guys talking about?

Zach: The Dragon Gem. It is usually used by the Zodiac Heroes to recruit non-Dragon spirits into their team. Sometimes they don't have to because sometimes, the chosen spirit is used to replace an old Dragon spirit.

Ranboo: Wait, so I was chosen to replace someone?

Zach: Yeah, Vanessa.

Ranboo: But I don't have any poison powers like her.

Zach: In some cases, the person replacing the old spirit doesn't have the same power as their predecessor. Like Tommy and Toby here who have different powers but they were chosen to replace Louis and Selena.

Tommy: My predecessor was a woman?

Zach: Yes.

Tommy: Great. But I still can't get over the fact that there are not much women here.

Rena: There aren't much women or girls for some reason.

Zoe: I think it's because Wendy was the only girl during our formation. But then we couldn't find much girls to recruit to join our team.

Danna: Yeah.

Cooper: I actually enjoy being in team. I can teach many water-based heroes how to use blood powers.

Charlie: Dude, you're the only one who can do it.

Cooper: Erm... Tommy can do it.

Tommy: Yeah, I'm a genius.

Zach: (imitates explosion) Big brain.

Tommy: What the cowboy said.

Zach: Was a cowboy incarnations ago but this is the 21st century. I don't want to be called that.

Tommy: Sorry.

Ben: Oh yes, the cowboy thing just because you're from Texas.

Corbyn: I'm from Texas too but my dad served the air force so we have to move from place to place before settling in Virginia.

Wilbur: Your dad served the air force?

Corbyn: Yes.

Wilbur: I have a pilot's license.

George D: Will, you gotta be kidding me. You got a pilot's license?

Wilbur: Yup.

Corbyn: That's awesome.

After dinner, it is time for us to head to Yuansu park to recruit a new member. It is now dark which means us Zodiac heroes are back in business, as usual. We walked from the cafeteria all the way to Yuansu park where the spirits are roaming. That's where we found Sam, Bad and Fundy.

Fundy: They're here.

Awesamdude: How can we be of service today?

Zach: Tonight, we are going to recruit a new member.

Fundy: Who?

Toby: Awesamdude.

Awesamdude: Me?

Zach: Yeah, you're going to become a Zodiac hero. But it is a decision the Dragon Gem would make.

Toby: But we don't want anyone but Zach to hold it because it'll fall into the wrong hands.

Zach: Everyone, cover your eyes.

Awesamdude: Why?

Zach: Cuz the Dragon Gem is bright.

Toby: I think it's because Light Spirits are light sensitive.

Tommy: Okay, that doesn't make sense. How are Light Spirits light sensitive? When some of them are able to emit light from their hands.

George D: What?

Niki: I dunno.

Carm: Don't ask me.

Shion: Hemmings is the first hero in our team to have Light-based powers though.

Zach: Can't we just stick to welcoming our new team member?

Toby: Sorry.

Zach: Anyways, Sam...

I took out the Dragon Gem which is glowing and kind of blinding my teammates. The gem started giving its powers to Sam who also started glowing. Sam was so bright we might become blind afterwards.

Niki: I'm so gonna be blind after this.

Brandon: Dude, I'm already blind.

Niki: Sorry.

George D: Blind? Think of colourblind.

Karl: You gotta be aware that there are some blind people here.

Brandon: I'm the only person who's legally blind here.

After the Dragon Gem took its effect on Sam, he transformed into his human form. He looks a lot different but the colour scheme of his casual clothing is the same as his spirit form. The other spirits are surprised to see Sam in his human form.

Sam: Hey, I'm a human.

Zach: The gem worked y'all.

Fundy: Woah.

Niki: Yeah, on blinding us.

Brandon: Oh no, what a nightmare.

Niki: Sorry.

Zach: I'd like to say, welcome to the team, Sam.

Sam: Thanks.

Hannah: You look so cool.

Josh: So what kind of powers do you have?

Sam: Because I'm a Creeper Light Spirit which is now powered by the Dragon Gem, I have Fire and Psychic-based powers. I have the ability to explode and revive myself.

Zach: We have to do last-minute training before Dream or any of his crew come and kill us.

Sam: Why would he want to kill you guys?

Nick: Because he wants to get more power in the world.

Bea: And Jacob and I must train Ranboo and Karl.

Karl: Oh yeah, I couldn't go back in time ever since I got water-based powers.

Ranboo: And I forgot how to teleport.

Jacob: It's all for a good cause.

Zach: Good, there are good training grounds here in Yuansu park so this is going to be useful.

We went to the training grounds of Yuansu park as Josh decides to train Sam, Bea trains Karl and Jacob trains Ranboo. The rest of us are just watching them and talking while I was stressed out because Dream or any bad guy could be here any minute. I just hope everything's alright.

Toby: Aren't you going to teach Zach and I how to use blood powers?

Cooper: I'm not 100% sure, blood powers are a rare and dangerous Water-based skill. It only works if you're a skilled Water-based hero and an Elemental hero. Deity, Zodiac and Dark heroes aren't able to do it.

Tommy: It actually worked for me when I had a duel with Dream.

Toby: If Sam doesn't lie on any of the pre-existing hero types, what kind of hero is he?

Zach: The hero type that hasn't been around for a while, Spirit heroes. They are actually Light Spirits who are not Dragons but are chosen by the them. However, they are not the ones who were chosen to substitute a hero.

Toby: So does that mean Sam is a Spirit hero?

Zach: Yup.

Toby: That sounds cool.

Ryan L: Josh seems like a cool trainer, even though he officially joined us before the end of Brad's era.

Zach: He really is, I'm impressed.

Shawn: Asides from me and the other Fire-based heroes, he is one of the best Fire-based heroes I've ever seen.

Henry: He's actually a mad prodigy.

Lavender: I'm actually the mad prodigy. I know how to shoot crystals, even as a 1-year-old.

Henry: Wow.

Lavender: I'm 2 now.

While we were watching Josh, Bea and Jacob training Sam, Karl and Ranboo. Everything seems going well but I'm starting to get stressed out because I have a feeling that Dream would come any minute. Because I'm already hearing whooshing sounds. Let's just see how Sam, Karl and Ranboo are doing during their training.

Sam: Why are you also teaching me how to shoot fire?

Josh: Because if you want to master exploding and reviving, you need to master the power of Fire.

Sam: Kind of wish Shawn, Alex or Henry could train me instead of this kid.

Josh: Now why do you have to underestimate kids? Henry is younger than me. I was chosen to train you because I'm actually the best Fire-based hero in the team. So anyways, I need to teach you how to use Fire-based powers.

Sam: Alright.

Bea: Alright Karl, the power of Time Travelling is similar to Teleporting. However, it is more complicated and you go to different eras of history. It is also one of the rarest Psychic-based powers.

Karl: How do I do it? I lost all my Time Travelling powers ever since I became a Zodiac hero. All I know is how to manipulate Water.

Bea: I see why. You're not confident enough to Time Travel. You need to be confident to be able to use any Psychic-based powers. It's just that you always get nervous before you time travel.

Karl: Oh, now I see why.

Bea: Now, I need to teach you how to Time Travel but you better now freak out. Okay?

Jacob: Alright, twerp.

Ranboo: I don't twerk.

Jacob: Whatever. I'm going to teach you how to Teleport, it is a lot easier than Time Travelling.

Ranboo: Wait, aren't you new?

Jacob: Yeah, I just joined a few months ago. I just had to replace some Chinese dude named Kris. Or was he Canadian.

Bea: Jacob, he's Chinese-Canadian.

Jacob: Okay. Now let's stick to Teleporting.

Ranboo: I dunno how can I teleport.

Jacob: You just need to take it easy and try to form a portal so that you can have the ability to teleport.

Ranboo: Do I need the confidence to do that like what Karl is doing?

Jacob: Yes, like every other Psychic-based power.

Ranboo: Oh boy.

While Sam, Karl and Ranboo were training, I noticed 2 silhouettes approaching Yuansu park. I panicked and told Toby and Tommy that we have to put the training on hold. Because I know that Dark Spirits are coming.

Zach: The Dark Spirits are coming.

Tommy: What?

Toby: But that's not Dream.

Zach: How can you tell?

Toby: Because I can tell by feeling the grass connecting Yuansu Park to the rest of Zodiac College. And I can tell one isn't a spirit either, one is a human. That's because I can't feel their spiritual energy from here.

Tommy: Wow, you really are good at these stuff.

Toby: Thanks.

Zach: Now we have to deal with what they're planning.

The end...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.9K 1K 20
Tubbo, in desperate times, traded Tommy in, to dream to get his husband back. Tommy had been betrayed once again. By his best friend Again Betrayal S...
15.4K 303 14
✨Random One-shot Book✨ Story will be updated when I feel like to cause I don't know when for a new chapter, reminder that everything in the story is...
23.7K 808 65
Woke up in a world made of blocks also known as Minecraft, alone by yourself and scared... but are you really alone? This is a dreamSMP x fem reader...
78.5K 3K 28
twilight but not completely fucking awful. zach herron has lived in san francisco his whole life which probably isn't the ideal place for someone li...