A Deer in Headlights (Brand N...

By TwinTurboV8

Street racing, just like baseball, has become an underground gambling ring and isn't any better than baseball... More

About (Y/N)
Runaway Racoon - Chapter 1
A Friendly Reunion - Chapter 2
Opening up - Chapter 3
Pedal to the Metal - Chapter 4
High Flyer - Chapter 5
Doomed - Chapter 6
Overdrive - Chapter 7
Monster - Chapter 8
Daten-shi - Chapter 9
Tension - Chapter 11
Seeing Red - Chapter 12
A Change of Pace - Chapter 13
Downfall - Chapter 14
Too Many Problems - Chapter 15
Incomplete - Chapter 16
Break - Chapter 17
Iron Soul - Chapter 18
Icarus - Chapter 19
Wings - Chapter 20
Take Control - Chapter 21

Rage - Chapter 10

1.3K 36 42
By TwinTurboV8

A/N: Hey everyone! Sorry for such a late update! Thank you for all the support and reads! Enjoy!

You wake up to the sound of someone knocking on the door.

Melissa: "Michiru? Have you seen (Y/N)?"

You shake Michiru to wake her up.

Y/N: "Michi- Michi get up-"

Michiru: "H-Huh...?"

Melissa: "Michiru?"

Michiru: "Uhhh- Yeah?"

Melissa: "I'm sorry I woke you, but have you seen (Y/N)?"

Michiru: "Uhhhh- one second!.... Oh god what're we gonna do?"

Y/N: "Lets just act like we were hanging out."

Michiru: "Okay-"

Michiru gets off of you and sits up. You also sit up next to Michiru.

Michiru: "Come in!"

Melissa opens the door.

Melissa: "Oh (Y/N)! Uhh- how do I say this...?"

Y/N: "Say what?"

Melissa: "The police are here for you-"

Michiru: "Huh?!"

Y/N: "The WHAT-"

Melissa: "They're waiting for you downstairs."

Y/N: "Tell them I'm not interested in talking..."

Melissa: "They're not here for questions... They have a warrant for your arrest."

Y/N: "WHAT-?!"

Michiru: "(Y/N) WHAT DID YOU DO?!"

Y/N: "NOTHING! I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING! THIS IS BULLSHIT!"

Melissa: "There's no use fighting it, dear, just go see what they want please."

You hesitantly get up and walk out the door and down the stairs, then open the front door to look at the police waiting there for you. Yuji is holding handcuffs and a piece of paper.

Yuji: "Mr. (L/N), we have a warrant for your arrest. You've been accused of threatening to kill Boris Cliff."

Y/N: "I-I did not threaten to kill him!"

Yuji: "Sorry (Y/N), but you'll have to tell that to the judge. Turn around and put your hands behind your back."

You sigh and turn around, putting your hands behind your back as Yuji handcuffs you, then escorts you to the back of his police cruiser. As he closes the door, you see Michiru run out of the front door all worried, then she sees you in the car and runs up to the window.

Michiru: "(Y/N) I'm going to come bail you out!"

Y/N: "Don't worry about it! Just don't do it! If Shirou finds out he's going to kill me, literally!"

Yuji then gets in the driver's seat and starts driving, leaving Michiru behind as she watches the car disappear around a corner.

You and Yuji arrived at the police station and you're changed into a prison jumpsuit, luckily, you left your phone and wallet back at home, so they can't search them. You're then placed into a cell by a guard.

Guard: "You're to stay here for a few moments. You'll be interrogated soon."

Y/N: "Great..."

You're sitting there in the cell for a while, just being watched by the rest of the convicts, you feel like they know you, but you don't know them. Eventually the guard lets you out and you're escorted to a small room with 2 chairs facing each other and 1 table. You sit down facing the door and the guard closes the door behind you. At this point you've been let out of your handcuffs and are just sitting in the chair, staring at the ceiling.

Eventually, Yuji comes into the room and closes the door behind him, sitting in the chair across from you.

Yuji: "Well..."

Y/N: "Here we go again..."

Yuji: "Look, (Y/N), I'll be honest with you. I highly doubt you actually told Mr. Cliff you were going to kill him, that just doesn't seem like you."

Y/N: "Exactly! I never told him I was going to kill him. He decided it would be a good idea to call me last night and try to intimidate me because I know a little secret of his."

Yuji: "Before I ask what this secret is, what did you actually say to Cliff?"

Y/N: "I told him I was going to physically hurt him if I saw him with Nazuna- I mean, Desse Louvee. Or to just put it simply, I wasn't going to kill him, I was just going to beat the shit out of him."

Yuji: "Alright... What kind of blackmail do you have over Boris' head?"

Y/N: "Do you really want to know?"

Yuji: "I am a detective after all."

Y/N: "Alright then."

You take a deep breath and look Yuji straight in the eyes.

Y/N: "Desse Louvee is NOT the silver wolf."

Yuji: "Is that so?"

Y/N: "Yup, she even told me herself. Michiru knows too. She's just a human girl with transformation powers."

Yuji: "And what makes you want to beat up Boris?"

Y/N: "Nazuna, her real name, is 17. 17! Boris is probably in his 50's! Have you seen the way he touches her? I know he's done some horrible things to her, I just know it."

Yuji: "Well... We can't confirm Nazuna's age. Also, if we were to convict Boris, we'd face intense backlash from the whole city because obviously, they believe Nazuna is the silver wolf. So, this is quite the pickle for the both of us. You're totally against the church and even admitted to us you're going to hurt Boris and we're just trying to keep the peace."

Y/N: "What peace is there?! There's a minor being groomed by an old guy, he's manipulating her for his own success and you're just going to let it happen?! That gives me more than enough reason to knock out his teeth!"

You stand up out of your chair and slam your hands on the table, bearing your teeth.

Yuji: "(Y/N)... Please calm down."

You sit back down. Then a guard opens the door.

Guard: "Sir, Boris is here to speak with the inmates."

You grin from ear to ear and Yuji notices.

Yuji: "(Y/N), you need to behave yourself. I don't want a bloody mess in here."

Y/N: "Oh, yes of course."

Yuji stands up and leaves with the guard, then Boris walks into the room, holding a thick book. He sits down across from you and slams the book down on the table.

Boris: "Mr. (L/N), we have a lot to go over."

Y/N: "We have nothing to go over. What is this? Chemistry class? Are we correcting our notes for the quiz tomorrow?"

Boris: "The legend of the silver wolf lies within this very book. Many who have read it said it changed their lives."

Y/N: "Is it me or are you just acting stupid? You do realize who I am right?"

Boris: "I know who you are, I'm just trying to help you see. Help you be the best beastman you can be."

Boris smiles and digs into his pocket, taking out a small test tube with a green liquid inside. You wince at it.

Boris: "Here, drink this. It'll help you concentrate."

He hands it to you and you take it, inspect it, and even sniff it. It smells horrible... Then your expression quickly changes from disgust to anger as you squeeze the test tube, then whip it straight at the wall. It shatters and the green liquid splashed everywhere.

Boris: "You-!"

You quickly stand up and climb onto the table, standing over Boris, rolling up your sleeves and clenching your fists.

Y/N: "HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TEACH YOU THIS LESSON OLD MAN?! I'M NOT TRAPPED IN THIS CITY WITH YOUR CULT, YOU'RE TRAPPED IN THIS CITY WITH ME!! GRAAAAH-!"

You pounce on Boris and put him in a chokehold. He shouts for the guards as you start choking him out. The guards come in and quickly pull you off of Boris and hand cuff you onto the chair. He is then escorted out of the room and you're left there, alone.

Your body still feels like it's in overdrive though, you're still fuming as you try to keep yourself composed on the chair. Did sniffing that weird test tube still affect you? Your heart rate is higher than the Empire State and it feels like your chest is going to explode. Yuji comes back in the room and sits down in the chair in front of you.

Yuji: "(Y/N), what did I tell you?"

Y/N: "I COULDN'T CONTROL MYSELF!"

Yuji: "Woah- calm down there bud-"

Y/N: "THERE'S SOMETHING UP WITH ME! BORIS BROUGHT IN A WEIRD GREEN LIQUID AND I SNIFFED IT, NOW MY HEART FEELS LIKE ITS BEATING OUT OF MY CHEST!"

Yuji looks over at the wall where you threw the green liquid, it's coating the wall and Yuji quivers.

Yuji: "Okay- (Y/N) please try to calm down, we're gonna get you some help."

Yuji quickly gets up and runs out of the room, calling for the guards to call an ambulance.

Yuji: "Go and find Boris too! He used some kind of chemical on (Y/N)!"

While you're still handcuffed to the chair, the guards come and try to calm you down. But it's no use, your veins start bulging and your head feels like it's about to explode.

An ambulance finally arrives and you're put on a stretcher and rolled inside the ambulance. On the way there, you're hooked up to an IV and you start getting injected with something, which helps you calm down. The doctors on there start whispering about something and your body starts to feel funny, then you pass out.

You wake up in a white room. Your clothes have been changed from your prison jumpsuit to a hospital gown. You're lying on a giant table and not a hospital bed, you try to get up but your arms are held down by restraints.

Y/N: "What- Where am I?!"

???: "No need to fret."

You look over to your left and there's Alan standing behind a computer.

Y/N: "Wh- What's going on?!"

Alan: "You've been exposed to one of our highly classified serums. No worries though, we're just flushing it from your system so you can go back to your daily life. Oh- and you've been released from jail, you can thank me for that."

Alan smiles and you breathe and sigh of relief. And some doctors and Alan talk for a moment, then you're released from the restraints and you quickly sit up, but a sharp pain goes up your back as you do so.

Y/N: "UGh-!"

Alan: "Please be careful, since we flushed out your systems you need to readjust. You're also going to feel VERY hungry soon, we also flushed out your stomach to be safe."

Y/N: "Jeez..."

Alan: "Oh! I almost forgot, are you still up to make a delivery for us?"

Y/N: "Sure... What do I have to do?"

Alan: "There's some supplies being held at a hospital in the mainland in the closest city. Just take your car there, pick it up, and bring it here."

Y/N: "But there's no bridge for me to drive over?"

Alan: "Actually there is! It was built very recently."

You facepalm and groan, you could've just taken a bridge over to Anima city instead of getting on a boat with Mari, oh well, too late now.

Y/N: "Any specific time?"

Alan: "They expect you between 3 and 5 PM tomorrow, it's only five past noon at the moment."

Y/N: "Alright... Am I free to go?"

Alan: "Yes you are! Please take the elevator down."

Y/N: "Thanks.... I might need some clothes."

Alan: "Of course!"

Alan calls for a doctor and she brings you some clothes to change into. You get up with them and venture out into the hallway, then go into the nearest bathroom and change. Then you make your way to the elevator and step inside, going down to the ground floor.

Y/N: "Jeez... I'm high up.... How did Boris get a hold of that weird liquid?"

That questioned lingered in your mind until the elevator arrived at the lobby floor and you step out, then you're quickly hugged by someone and they jump up on you, forcing you to have to hold them as they cling onto you. It's Michiru, of course.

Michiru: "(Y/N)! You're okay!"

Y/N: "OH-! Michiru! I'm alright, you don't need to cling onto me like that!"

Michiru: "When I heard you were showing the same symptoms that Yaba had I was scared.. I thought you were going to turn into a monster like him and me and Shirou would have to fight you!"

Y/N: "It's okay Michi, I'm okay, I'm not going to become some monster."

You rock Michiru back and forth and rub her back as you start walking out the door. Shirou is standing there and you thought he'd say something about you holding Michiru, but he didn't.

Shirou: "So, you didn't turn into a monster."

Y/N: "Nope..."

Shirou: "That's a shame."

Michiru: "Huh-? Why would you want Y/N to turn into a monster?"

Shirou: "I'm only kidding."

Michiru: "Yeah you better be."

Michiru lets go of you and gets back on her feet, standing next to you. Shirou looks down in your direction, then back up at you.

Shirou: "Is that a stick in your pants or are you happy to see me?"

Y/N: "Ayo what the fuck-?"

Michiru: "Shirou!"

Shirou... laughs. Then he starts walking away.

Y/N: "Did he just-"

Michiru: "I've never heard him laugh before...

You and Michiru look at each other, then you both realize something.

Y/N and Michiru: "He's leaving us behind!"

You two then start chasing after Shirou and on your walk with him you both start nagging at him about his laugh and just keeps denying he ever laughed.

Later that night you had gotten your Mustang back. It was all ready to go expect for one thing... It was still littered with graffiti. However, you drove it from the Hiro's shop and out to the race. Tonight you are racing by the seaside and the air is salty. You've got your racing gear on and you're ready to go. Your newly RB26 swapped Mustang is making over 700 horsepower with 2 turbos pushing 20 pound of boost. As you pull up, all the other spectators and racers look at you as your graffiti filled Mustang parks into a spot. You pop the hood so everyone can see what has become of your ride.

Flip: "Hey Tanuki, ready to face the big boys tonight? Heard your car was making supercar numbers."

Y/N: "That's right."

Flip: "Go kick some ass out there, kid."

Flip then walks off to start betting and you and someone else is called up to the line.

Announcer: "AKANE IN A 2016 LAMBORGHINI AVENTADOR S MAKING 730 HORSEPOWER VERSUS A... 1967 FORD MUSTANG MAKING 765 HORSEPOWER? HOLY SHIT!"

You close the hood and jump in the car, as you drive to the line, the crowd is chanting.

Crowd: "Daten-shi! Daten-shi!"

You pull up next to the Lamborghini and the driver looks terrified. He's panicking as his eyes dart around, looking at your car. You give him a thumbs up and grab the wheel, focusing on the road. Another flamingo wearing a cheerleader outfit comes in front of you two and raises a flag. You start to rev up your car and build boost, then she drops the flags and you two are off!

Though I think it's safe to say, this race was anticlimactic. You barrel across the line, absolutely leaving the Aventador in your dust. He actually turned away and left the race a few corners ago. You step out of your car and the crowd goes wild, so you throw your arms up.

Suddenly there's lots of footsteps heard. You and the rest of the crowd look over and... it's the church of the silver wolf. Boris is there with Nazuna leading. Your blood starts boiling. They stop and Boris starts speaking some prayers to everyone, some spectators are caught off guard, but you decide to speak up.

Y/N: "Hey everyone! These guys are a big fat phony! That isn't the silver wolf, she's just a human with transformation powers!"

Everyone looks to you and then back to the church. Boris looks mad and Nazuna looks like she's about to have a panic attack, so you keep going.

Y/N: "Just look at them! They think they're so good at manipulating us they don't even have a plan B when they get called out!"

The crowd starts to get loud and starts chanting.

Crowd: "Daten-shi! Daten-shi!"

Boris: "You... You monster! You're going to regret this!"

Y/N: "I have no regrets."

Boris starts to get all up in your face with Nazuna behind him, he tries to punch you, but you dodge and sock him in the side of the neck, causing him to fall to the ground. You step on him and apply pressure.

Nazuna: "(Y/N) STOP-!"

Y/N: "Don't you get it? When are you going to get it through your thick skull that this... person is manipulating you for his own benefit! You're not an idol you're just his slave!"

You kick Boris over and he coughs, slowly trying to get up. You walk away and jump into your mustang, you don't even waste time trying to get your money. You just up and leave.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.2K 3K 34
Tensura x Male Godzilla Reader You and your buddy Satoru were going on about your day as usual before heading to work, when suddenly, out of ALL the...
363K 7K 21
MATURE CONTENT: READERS DISCRETION IS ADVISED Chapters: 4, 8, 12 , 15, 17, 20. Beware. You were stressed out to the point where you felt like it was...
82.1K 2.1K 35
𝐡𝐚𝐢𝐤𝐲𝐮𝐮! 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫! 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐮 --------- ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ɴᴇᴏɴ ꜱɪɢɴꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄɪᴛʏ ʟᴏᴏᴋꜱ ᴇɴᴛɪʀᴇʟʏ ɴᴇᴡ, ʙᴜᴛ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀ ɢʀᴏᴜᴘ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴛʀᴇᴇᴛ ʀᴀᴄ...
23.8K 528 45
You're dark and sexy. He's flirty and quite literally an asshole, but a damn good-looking one at that. How will you two ever get along? Through sport...