The Darkest Awakening Vol. 5

By Zoethe80slover

With a new era dawning with Zach as the new leader, things have changed. The amulets have got a new design, Z... More

Chapter 1: A New Era
Chapter 2: More Rivalries
Chapter 3: Darkness
Chapter 4: Dream Vs. Zodiac Heroes and Yuansu Park Spirits
Chapter 5: Courses
Chapter 6: Meeting Up Again
Chapter 7: Time For A New Beginning
Season 1: 1# It's Been A While
Season 1: 2# New Inventions and Team Member
Season 1: 3# Memory Book
Season 1: 4# Tommy Vs. Dream
Season 1: 6# The Dragon Gem
Season 2: 1# The Legend Behind It
Season 2: 2# Dinner
Season 2: 3# Mysterious Spirits
Season 2: 4# Back To The Hospital
Season 2: 5# The New Amulets
Season 2: 6# Jschlatt Became Dictator
Season 3: 1# Keeping The Dragon Gem Safe
Season 3: 2# Plan To Overthrow The Dictator
Season 3: 3# Preventing Lunatite Vines
Season 3: 4# The Kidnapped Leaders
Season 3: 5# Extracting My Spiritual Self
Season 3: 6# Work On The Plan
Season 4: 1# As The Sun Sets
Season 4: 2# Getting Executed
Season 4: 3# Saving Tubbo
Season 4: 4# Lunatite Poisoning
Season 4: 5# Tommy's Out Of The Hospital
Season 4: 6# A Week Later
Season 5: 1# The Lowest Point
Season 5: 2# Nightmares
Season 5: 3# Walking Again
Season 5: 4# Firework Attack
Season 5: 5# Therapy Sessions
Season 5: 6# Welcome To The Team
Season 6: 1# Maggie's Backstory
Season 6: 2# Cool Outfits
Season 6: 3# Hog Hunt
Season 6: 4# Quackity's Eye
Season 6: 5# Blinded By The Injuries
Season 6: 6# The Beginning Of The Trial
Season 7: 1# Trial Time
Season 7: 2# Training
Season 7: 3# No More Trauma
Season 7: 4# Afternoon Plans
Season 7: 5# Hunting Dream
Season 7: 6# Slimecicle's First Day
Season 8: 1# After Courses
Season 8: 2# Dream Stuff
Season 3# Dream In Yuansu Park
Season 8: 4# Just A Normal Day
Season 8: 5# Simon Meets Brad... Again
Season 8: 6# A Normal Night
Season 9: 1# A Few Months Went By
Season 9: 2# They're Back
Season 9: 3# The Footage
Season 9: 4# Jschlatt
Season 9: 5# Assembly
Season 9: 6# Going To London
Season 10: To The World

Season 1: 5# The Sick Leave

2 0 0
By Zoethe80slover

Brad (Dr. Simpson)'s POV

I got the blood pressure monitor and checked his blood pressure. I noticed that it is lower than 90 mmHg, which is too low for his age. I told Prof. Williams to grab some intravenous fluids in order to be able to treat him. And for him to wake up because he has been asleep for a while.

Dr. Simpson: Williams, can you grab me the intravenous fluids?

Prof. Williams: Sure.

Dr. Simpson: Thank you.

Prof. Williams: Is he still unconscious?

Dr. Simpson: Unfortunately yes. Geez, this kid must've overworked himself.

Prof. Williams: Yeah, poor guy.

Zach's POV

My team and I are now anxiously waiting for updates about Tommy. Wilbur and Tubbo seemed worried about him, everyone else is. After about an hour, Brad came into the waiting room and we all went up to him.

Wilbur: Is he okay?

Toby: What's wrong?

Dr. Simpson: He's fine, he blood pressure dropped which is why he passed out. He also overworked himself during the duel which is also the reason why he passed out.

Niki: Thank goodness, he gave us a scare.

Dr. Simpson: Wanna see him?

Zach: Sure.

We followed the Brad to Tommy's hospital room which took a long walk. We have to walk through many hallways where we saw lots of different sick people. I felt bad for each and every one of them.

Toby: Wow, I haven't seen that much sick people in one building before.

Zach: Unless you have to spend your childhood in the hospital.

Toby: Yeah, I've seen different sick people but not so many in one place. And for your information, I actually did spend my childhood in the hospital before being sent to the orphanage because my parents disowned me.

Zach: Wow.

Raphael: Wow, your childhoods really are rough.

Dr. Simpson: We're here.

We entered the hospital room seeing Tommy sleeping on the hospital bed. Wilbur ran up to him and held his hand (a/n: it's platonic, Wilbur is the father) while the rest of us tried to do our things and stuff. Before Tommy wakes up.

Tommy: What happened?

Wilbur: Tommy, you're awake.

Tommy: Hospitals again?

Dr. Simpson: Yeah, you overworked yourself during your duel.

Tommy: But I went into the spiritual state.

Dr. Simpson: Yeah, that's what prevents you from passing out due to low blood pressure. But that's only a temporary thing because when your blood pressure completely drops, you're off the spiritual state and then you'll pass out.

Tommy: That's why I felt weird.

Dr. Simpson: Because even while in your spiritual state, overworking yourself would still lower your blood pressure. Just be careful when you're battling, okay?

Tommy: Okay.

Dr. Simpson: Now, you're not allowed to go back to school because you have to rest tomorrow.

Zach: Does that mean I'll go to the computer science course all alone.

Dr. Simpson: Unfortunately, yes. Tommy needs to stay at home with Wilbur to rest.

Tommy: Man.

Toby: Or maybe we can hang out in my music course. It'll be fun.

Noah: Yeah, I decided to transfer back to the music course.

Zach: That would be nice.

Dr. Simpson: Oh, visiting hours are over and only one person would stay.

Wilbur: I'll stay.

Dr. Simpson: Okay.

Zach: We'll see you tomorrow

We all left Wilbur and Tommy in the hospital room because visiting hours are over. It is around 3 am in the morning and we're now back in our dorms. Not wanting to go to sleep yet because our spiritual selves are always active at night. Noah, Ryan and I went to our room just lying on our beds.

Zach: Not tired, huh?

Noah: Yup.

Zach: It seems like our spiritual selves are active.

Ryan L: Let's try to go to bed and not mind the feeling.

Zach: It's like I'm not used to sleeping anymore.

Noah: It's always happened, right?

Zach: Yeah. Night everyone.

We soon went to bed at 2 am in the morning after a long duel between Dream and Tommy. And Tommy having to be rushed to the hospital after passing out from low blood pressure. I woke up and the sun is shining so I got out of bed and changed into my uniform. I remembered that I'll be hanging out with Tubbo and Noah in the music room today while Tommy is absent. So I'm now walking to the music room with them.

Zach: So where is the music room?

Toby: It's adjacent to the computer science room.

Zach: So I can visit you from time to time?

Toby: Yup.

Noah: It's going to be cool to have you to hang out with us.

Zach: Alright then.

We finally arrived at the music room where there aren't any people. Toby went to play the piano while Noah played the drums while I was just sitting in the corner coding a few stuff on my laptop. Until I was listening to the piano piece Toby was playing.

Zach: That's a nice song.

Toby: Thanks, I kinda figured out how to play it for some odd reason.

Zach: Did any of your previous incarnations play it?

Toby: I dunno.

Noah: Why don't you play an instrument or something?

Zach: I dunno, I haven't played an instrument in my life.

Toby: Well, I picked up piano and it just popped out that I'm good at it.

Noah: Why don't you try the guitar?

Zach: Okay, I guess.

I picked up an acoustic guitar and started strumming country music. This was unexpected but it's maybe because my previous incarnation was a cowboy or something. But this is still pretty unexpected as someone who hasn't played guitar before.

Zach: Woah. I didn't know I could play the guitar like this.

Toby: I know, cowboy.

Zach: Cowboy? Since when was I a cowboy? Please don't tell it's just because I'm from Texas.

Noah: If I'm being honest, you do sound a bit like a cowboy.

Zach: Because I'm from Texas?

Noah: Yup.

Toby: I have been unexpectedly playing 2 songs from 2 different movies that were popular from like the 30s and 40s.

Zach: Can you play one for us?

Toby started to play a song on the piano and this song seems familiar. I started humming along with the tune and then strumming a bit on the guitar. This song probably came from a movie or something.

Zach: This song seems familiar.

Noah: It's like we knew this song from somewhere.

Zach: Over the rainbow?

Toby: That's actually the name of the song, Somewhere Over the Rainbow. It's from a movie called The Wizard of Oz.

Noah: I haven't watched it before.

Zach: I did, in a previous life.

Toby: Same, that's why I can play this song.

Noah: Can you play the other song you were able to play?

Toby: Sure.

Toby played another song on the piano and that song is also familiar. Actually, everyone in the world knows it, even now. But it was from a popular movie which was probably released years ago. Probably a year after The Wizard of Oz.

Zach: That's a nice song.

Toby: Thanks. It's called When You Wish Upon A Star, it's from a Disney movie called Pinocchio.

Noah: Isn't that for kids?

Zach: We all are kids.

Toby: You're almost 18.

Zach: Oh, right.

Toby: I dunno how and why can I play these songs but I'd like to say that it's unexpected.

Zach: Yeah, even having the ability to play country music when I don't even listen to country music. I just listen to classic rock music or something. I really wish Tommy's here to enjoy this, he's missing out on the fun.

Noah: Zach, you're always missing out on fun.

Zach: Well, ever since Tommy joined I decided that I would have fun again. I'm about to reach adulthood so maybe I'll spend the last bit of my teenage years having fun with my friends.

Toby: That's brilliant.

While we were talking to each other, Mr. Tan came into the music room. He was surprised to see me here and a bit worried after realising that I wasn't with Tommy. Because he didn't know that he was on sick leave.

Mr. Tan: I didn't know you'd be here Zach.

Zach: Well, I was hanging out with Toby and Noah for a bit.

Mr. Tan: Where's Tommy?

Zach: Sick leave, he passed out from low blood pressure last night so he has to rest.

Mr. Tan: Oh. So you, Toby and Tommy are the leaders, right?

Toby: Yeah.

Zach: And we were wondering about the Dragon Gem.

Mr. Tan: That, I wish I could show you about it but we need Tommy to join us.

Toby: We'll get Tommy after school.

Mr. Tan: Okay, we'll meet at Yuansu park after school.

Zach: Got it.

After course, we went back to our dorms and changed back into our casual clothes. I went to Tubbo and Tommy's room to talk about the Dragon Gem. And about the fact that we have to meet up with Mr. Tan in Yuansu Park.

Zach: Hey guys.

Tommy: Hi.

Toby: Hi.

Zach: Tommy, how are you feeling?

Tommy: A bit better, just a bit dizzy.

Zach: No wonder why Brad put you on sick leave. So Mr. Tan wanted to show us the Dragon Gem which is in Touxiang Temple.

Toby: And where is Touxiang Temple?

Zach: It's in Yuansu Park. It's a uniquely designed temple compared to the other temples in the park.

Tommy: Cool. Let's go.

Tommy was about to stand up but became dizzy again. Toby and I managed to catch him before he falls and passes out.

Toby: You really need to slow down a bit.

Zach: Yeah.

Tommy: Sorry.

Zach: Let's meet up with Mr. Tan in Yuansu park.

Toby: Also, you need to be careful because of your blood pressure.

Tommy: Yeah, I know.

Zach: But we're not going until you could regain your strength. So that you won't get dizzy.

Tommy: Alright, Herron.

As soon as Tommy is strong enough to let go of us and walk, we were able to go to Yuansu park. We were about to walk out of Tommy and Tubbo's room when Wilbur stopped us.

Wilbur: Tommy, where are you going? Aren't you supposed to be in bed?

Tommy: Going to Yuansu Park with Tubbo and Zach.

Zach: Yeah, we're going to see the Dragon Gem with Mr. Tan.

Wilbur: The Dragon Gem?

Toby: Yeah.

Zach: I'm going to arrange a meeting about it in the common room.

Wilbur: Just be careful out there.

We walked out of our dorms and walked all the way to Yuansu park. That's where we found our teacher, Mr. Tan.

Zach: We're here.

Mr. Tan: Are you guys ready to see the Dragon Gem?

Toby: Yeah.

Mr. Tan: It's in Touxiang temple, the most uniquely designed temple in Yuansu park.

Tommy: Is it like a Japanese temple while all the other temples are Chinese?

Mr. Tan: You'll see about that.

We followed Mr. Tan towards the temple areas of Yuansu Park. All of these temples are like Chinese temples but one in particular takes the form of a Thai temple. Because I've been there, I know what it looks like while Tommy and Tubbo are amazed.

Mr. Tan: This is Touxiang temple, the temple of all the previous Zodiac heroes. And the temple of the Dragon Gem.

Toby: It looks unique in design. Like it doesn't look like the other temples.

Mr. Tan: This temple is designed to look distinct compared to other temples. That's where the Dragon gem is located.

Zach: Can we see it?

Mr. Tan: Yeah, I'll get the keys to the Dragon Gem room from my office. You guys are allowed to look around Touxiang temple but don't touch anything.

We entered Touxiang temple and looked around the shrine containing depictions of so many Zodiac heroes in the past. And our past incarnations. Toby and I stumbled upon 2 of our previous incarnations. Toby happened to see his from World War 2 while I saw mine from the late 19th century.

Zach: Was that you?

Toby: Yeah, from 1925-1943.

Zach: Why did you die young?

Toby: I dunno, I don't think I could read my previous life's biography yet. What about you?

Zach: It just says I was a cowboy. Born in 1847 in Texas.

Toby: You really are a cowboy.

Zach: Oh c'mon.

Mr. Tan came back to the temple with keys in his hand.

Mr. Tan: Alright, are you ready to see the Dragon Gem?

Tommy: Yeah.

Zach: We all are.

The end...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19K 415 34
Trigger Warnings || Smoking, Homophobia, Alcohol, Smut, Cutting mention || George attends a new high school because his parents say its more 'better'...
31.2K 1.1K 14
One boy had seen enough.He doesn't want to see his family spiral into insanity and his home become a dangerous place for him.He just wants to be a ki...
1.5K 60 8
Art in cover by; sennhah on twitter Book 1 of Past, Present, Future ---- "Don't be sorry, darling," he murmurs, fingertips trailing up your back and...
8.8K 504 30
Clay didn't know why he was in prison. All he knew was that he had hurt everyone he knew. He couldn't count on his fingers all those who liked him, b...