Liar-Liar (A Thomas Brodie-Sa...

By mystiquewaters08

A voice actress with her first gig in London. That's what's happening. Nothing extraordinary. That is, until... More

Trips and Scripts
The Fall
You Again?
Improv 101
Paparazzi
You've Got To Be Joking...
Morning Coffee Plans
Breakfast At Tiffany's
Making Our Way Downtown
Short Author's Note
Say Hi to the Sangsters
Have Fun, Thomas?
The Most Painful Feeling
Thomas Wait!
Heigh-Ho It's Home From Work We Go
Say Yes To What Dress?
What Do You Want?
Time For The Red Carpet
Author's Apology
What's Wrong?
Going Home
New House, New Room
Shadows In The Night
Apologies Loves!
Dancing In The Rain
Author's Note: Question for all the Britts...
Thomas, Meet My Parents
Parent Talk
Choking Hold
Author's Note: Choking Hold
The Boys Are Back
Fries Before Fights
Next Before Ex
Waffles And Forgiveness
Thank You, Next!
Bewitched
Callbacks
Meet The Cast
Writer's Block
Fake Anniversary
Looking Back
Waking Up To Mistakes
Epilogue: Taken

Rainy Day Blues

585 15 15
By mystiquewaters08

*Disclaimer: all characters aside from Thomas' parents, sister, and friends like Dylan O'Brien are NOT REAL PEOPLE! Many characters are based off of imagination, so please do not go on and hate people!

Hate is a serious problem that we need to get rid of!

So go ahead and dislike the characters that are a problem, but don't hate the people they are based on or any celebrities mentioned if I've altered their personalities, which I'll try to stay away from! Anyway, enjoy!*

*Thomas' P.O.V.*

I woke up to the smell of something good.

Mm... what was that?

Pancakes?

I get out of bed and groggily trudge to the kitchen, rubbing my eyes as I go in to investigate.

I walk in to find y/n busying herself with making pancakes.

Wait, why was she in my house?

Oh, right! She moved in!

I smile and carefully sneak up behind her, noticing her AirPods in her ears. I slowly wrap my arms around her waist to which she always gives her surprised jump, but this time was violent and with a yelp. "You alright, love?" I chuckle, looking at her wide eyes as she sees it was just me.

"Thomas! That's not even remotely funny!" She glares, hitting my arm with a towel. I laugh and let go of her to shield myself with my arms.

"Sorry, love!" I laugh. "Just wanted to say good morning!" She rolls her eyes at my answer and turns back to breakfast.

I go to the table with a cheeky grin, waiting for the pancakes. Y/n already set the table, so I didn't know what to do except wait. I stare out of the window and notice it was raining. Well, I have a feeling filming will be postponed today... how splendid.

Y/n comes up and sets a mug of hot coco in front of me. "So how did you sleep, love?" I ask her.

She shrugs and goes back to the kitchen. I frown and look after her. Did I do something wrong? Was she just tired and not much of a morning person? Was she upset?

My phone goes off and I pull it out to learn that my assumption about work was right. Guess it's a home day. I look up with a smile to tell y/n, but see her back faced to me, her demeanor sad and distant.

I look out the window to the grey outside, watching as the rain hit the window and formed droplets. I look through the last day in my head, trying to see if I had done anything that could upset her. There had to be something I could do to make y/n feel better... Just what?

A plate is set down in front of me, filled with a camel eye and some gypsy bread sticks (French toast sticks, eggy bread, or french-fried bread). There was strawberries and icing sugar (powdered sugar) on the gypsy bread sticks too.

"This looks wonderful! Thanks, love." I smile up at her. She gives me a small smile and sits down. I frown tho when I see that her "smile" was fake. You could tell because it didn't reach her eyes.

I begin eating the food, my stomach becoming full and temporarily satisfied.

When I was halfway done, y/n stood up and mumbled: "I'll be in my room," I frown and follow after her with my eyes. I look back at the table and realize she had left her plate. She had always put them away.

Even more so, it was untouched.

I frown and finish my own food before taking care of my plate and storing y/n's food for later.

I begin to walk to my room to change and get ready for the day when I stop and turn my head to y/n's door. Something seemed off and I'm not sure what. She jumped worse this time rather than any other when I surprised her.

I shrug it off and quickly get ready, trying to look presentable enough to go out and maybe run to the store.

After that I walk out and over to y/n's room, stopping at the door to knock.

I hear something crash and I burst into the room, finding y/n standing next to a toppled wall decoration. "You alright love?" I ask, rushing over to her side, resting my hands on her arms.

She was shaking harshly as she kept her gaze on the wall decoration. "Love," I say softly, guiding her face gently to look at me. "Are you alright?" She finally brings her eyes up to mine and she keeps them there, locked down like a deer trapped in headlights. I frown and go in to hug her, bringing her close to me.

She stays as still as a statue at first before her hands grab onto my shirt and I feel her bury her face in my chest. I wrap my arms tighter around her as she trembles in my grasp. I move my hand to the back of her head as I kiss her head.

"Everything's alright, love. You don't have to worry." I say softly. Her grip on me tightens as I say that tho.

We stay there for awhile, simply listening to the rainfall outside, the occasional lightning and thunder.

When y/n finally relaxes I whisper: "Get ready in some lazy clothes, love. We'll just have a lazy day, alright?" Y/n remains still for a moment before nodding. I give her a final squeeze before letting go and walking out of the room, glancing behind me.

I go to my sitting room (living room) and pull out the movies I had, trying to find one that y/n might like. I eventually gave up and turned to Disney+ instead. I browsed for a bit before finding a comedy; "Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian." I glance through it, eventually deciding to watch it.

It was a comedy and a kids movie, couldn't be that bad, right?

I hear small footsteps and turn to see y/n in a big hoodie and shorts that only fit her with the string tightened around her waist. Her hair was up in a messy bun with her glasses on her face. It gave her a shy look, but it made her look cute.

And a little smaller than she already was.

She walks over and sits on the other end of the couch, pulling her knees up to her chest and wrapping her arms around them.

I press play before scooting next to her. She doesn't react, only stares at the screen blankly, lost in her own thoughts. I wrap my arm around her and she slowly moves into my arms, curling into my chest.

I wrap both my arms around her and rest my head against hers. We both watched the movie silently, the beginning draining on and on. Small jokes would come up, but y/n wouldn't even smile.

"Love, what's wrong?" I ask quietly.

y/n reacted only by tensing up, eyes darting around the room once before coming to look at me. She shakes her head and wraps her arms around me tightly.

"Just been getting some hate on social media," She mumbles. "I'll be fine tomorrow."

"It's not fine tho, love." I frown. "You do not deserve to be hated. It's not your fault I dragged you into this, it's not your fault. Don't think about what those people say, you always get it as an actor. Especially when you play a disliked role. But that doesn't mean you are what they say; they don't know you like the people in your life do. So don't take what they say to heart, alright?"

y/n nods and nuzzles her head further into my chest, hugging me tightly. "Ok."

I frown and hug her close. It was my fault. Again.

"Is there anything you can do about comments and messages, love?" I ask her. I wasn't big on social media, I had just gotten Instagram and wasn't on it much. I still didn't understand how to post a decent story.

She nods and slowly gets out her phone, going onto Instagram first. I see that she has 2 accounts, her private one for her close friends and family, and the second one for publicity. She already had a good amount of followers on her instagram publicity-wise, but I could only image how many of them were only following her to tear her down.

She goes to settings and turns on the restrictions for commenting on posts, stories, and reels (Whatever the bloody h*ll those were), and also restricted messaging.

She does this with every social media platform before turning her phone back off and putting it down. I kiss her forehead and pull her closer to me, rubbing her arm. She wraps her arms around me and nuzzles her face into my neck.

The movie goes on, and I soon feel y/n give small smiles and breathes that resemble a laugh. It makes me smile more than the corny jokes.

When the movie was finally over, I look down to see that y/n was asleep. I smile and carefully pick her up bridal style. She groans and shifts a bit, only to curl up in my chest as best she could. I chuckled softly and carefully brought her to her room.

I lay her down, tucking her in. She turns onto her side, some hair falling in her face.

I chuckle a bit and carefully move the hair out of her face, tickling her skin. She gives a soft smile at which my heart flutters and begins to swell with warmth.

I move away, closing the doors behind me. I go back and see that it's still raining outside. I sigh and run my fingers through my hair. It doesn't look like it'll be lightening up any time soon.

I go to my room and get dressed in some sweats and put a hoodie over my top. I grab my wallet and phone, look at everything and make a list of what I needed before putting on my shoes and grabbing my raincoat and keys.

I get into my car and drive down to the store. I quickly run inside after finding a parking spot, shaking off the rainwater as I enter the warm store.

I walk on in and grab a trolley. I look around going down isles to get what I needed.

As I was examining some carrots, I hear someone gasp beside me.

"Thomas? Is that you?" A familiar voice asks in surprise. I look up and my eyes widen as I see the piercing blue eyes in front of me. "Lyla?" I ask, looking at the familiar face which was framed by her black hair.

She smiles and replies: "Fancy seeing you here! It's been so long! How've you been?" I give her a suspicious look before replying: "Ya... it has been awhile..."

I stare into her blue eyes, every memory of her running through my head before I shake it out.

"It was good seeing you, Lyla," I say, standing straight, putting my hands on the trolley to get ready to push it. "I hope you have a good one! I'm sorry, but I have to finish my list-"

"Aw c'mon Tommy!" She says, grabbing my arm as I push past her. "Just give me another chance!" She leans in closer to me and whispers: "We could have some fun tonight, like we used to. It'll be a blast..."

I shake my head and jerk my arm from her. "No, Lyla. I have a girlfriend, who - unlike you - is not a liar and a total cheat! She's loyal, kind, and doesn't take advantage of me in any way!"

Lyla's mouth drops open at my words, shocked.

She eventually regained herself, but instead of getting angry like I expected her to, she smirked at me.

"Alright. We'll see how that goes." She smirks, turning around. "See you later Tommy! Remember that I'm always here!"

My fists clench along with my jaw as she walks away. That bloody prat.

I nearly ran after her to yell at her, but I stopped myself. Something about that mood change... that smirk sent a chill through my body just thinking about it.

I'm sure it was nothing... right?

Either way, I quickly finished up and bought everything before buying it all and driving back home.

After unpacking it all, I decided to check on y/n.

I go to her door and knock softly, putting my ear up to the door. When I hear nothing, I quietly open the door and peak in.

Y/n is sound asleep on the bed still, her chest slowly rising and falling. I smile and quietly duck out.

I walk back into the sitting room and sit down to watch a film.

I didn't pay much attention to it as my mind kept wandering back to that encounter with Lyla... it was so strange...

Suddenly, the characters on the screen screamed as it began pouring. They quickly gathered their picnic and brought it inside. After some mushy conversation, they set up the picnic inside instead.

This sparked something in my head and I smile.

I quickly turn off the Telle and jump up to clear the room, moving the table and couch back, but still making it look classy. I grab a table cloth for the table and easily lay it out. I then go back and grab a blanket and lay it down on the cleared space.

I go into the kitchen and begin to make some fish n chips. When I have time, I set up the rest of the indoor picnic by setting up plates, fake candles, and turning on some fairy lights for the magical appeal. I kind of had most of my apartment look like a storybook fairy cottage because my sister, Ava, was the one who did the design.

Finally, I set up the main dish and the side dishes before going into my room and getting dressed into some casual clothes.

I tip toe slowly to y/n's room, knocking lightly before entering.

Y/n's still sound asleep, so I carefully walk up to her side, putting my hand carefully on her arm.

"Y/n," I whisper quietly. "Y/n, wake up and get ready, love."

Y/n groans and I chuckle. "C'mon, love. I made your favorite." Y/n groans before moving to her back. She looks up at me and sighs. "Fine. Please get out so I can change."

I chuckle and kiss her forehead, causing her to blush. "Alright, love."

I leave after that, closing the door behind me.

I go back and get my speaker ready, grabbing my iPod and playing some background instrumental music. I try to smooth out any wrinkles in my shirt and finger comb through my hair again.

"What's this?" I hear a small voice ask.

I turn around and see y/n standing in the hallway, looking at the picnic scene before her. I couldn't help but stare at y/n in her slightly ripped denim shorts, white tank top and red flannel jacket. Her hair was only brushed, leaving y/h/c waves rolling over her shoulders. The fake candle-light illuminated her face with just enough light that it made it look like she was supposed to be a model in a magazine, not a girl standing in my sitting room.

"Thomas..." Y/n breathes, looking all over the scene. "W-what is this?"

I smile and take her hand, gently guiding her to the blanket. "An early dinner in a fancy style that can hopefully cheer you up," I say. She smiles and lets me lead her to the blanket.

I sit her down and give her her plate. She blushes and takes the plate carefully, setting it in her lap.

She looks up at me with a grateful smile and I return it.

I was going to make her as happy as possible.

That's my main job now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Anna By Kate

General Fiction

12.6K 1.1K 52
After seven years, the girl in the basement has become a ghost to the rest of the world. When she finally escapes, every trace of who she used to be...
688K 14.3K 62
Delilah Richards is twenty and definitely not what most people would consider kidnap material. She's sweet, innocent, smart and wouldn't dare of hurt...
88.3K 2.1K 36
Life is preseous and you dont want to waste a single moment. An ordinary girl is walking home from yet another horrible.date with her abusive boyfrie...
6.1K 175 33
Isn't this the reason you quit your full-time job, to see where the world will take you? Well apparently, the world took your lips to meet Tom's. Me...