A Deer in Headlights (Brand N...

By TwinTurboV8

Street racing, just like baseball, has become an underground gambling ring and isn't any better than baseball... More

About (Y/N)
Runaway Racoon - Chapter 1
A Friendly Reunion - Chapter 2
Opening up - Chapter 3
Pedal to the Metal - Chapter 4
High Flyer - Chapter 5
Doomed - Chapter 6
Overdrive - Chapter 7
Monster - Chapter 8
Rage - Chapter 10
Tension - Chapter 11
Seeing Red - Chapter 12
A Change of Pace - Chapter 13
Downfall - Chapter 14
Too Many Problems - Chapter 15
Incomplete - Chapter 16
Break - Chapter 17
Iron Soul - Chapter 18
Icarus - Chapter 19
Wings - Chapter 20
Take Control - Chapter 21

Daten-shi - Chapter 9

1.5K 29 31
By TwinTurboV8

The next day, you're standing outside the beastman cooperative. Just staring at your Mustang, all messed up and in need of some serious elbow grease. You open the trunk and take out a bag of tools, a jack, and jack stands. You open up the hood and take a look at the engine first. It's all mangled and covered in oil and radiator coolant. The turbo and some piping survived though, so you unbolt the pipes and turbo, setting it down on the sidewalk.

You quickly walk inside the beastman cooperative and grab the vacuum cleaner, walking past Gem and Melissa chatting and go right outside. You start to vacuum up all the broken glass and any other glass that's hanging off a thread. Then you jack up the car and place all four jack stands down to keep it up. You get underneath and start unbolting the exhaust and disconnect the driveline from the transmission.

Michiru: "Hey (Y/N)! Having any luck?"

Y/N: "Yeah I think so. Worst things I'll have to do is repaint it and find a new engine and transmission."

Michiru: "What happened to your engine?"

Y/N: "Well... I was driving it and I fucked up my second gear, which caused a piston to enter orbit."

Michiru: "Ouch-"

Y/N: "Yeah..."

Michiru stood there for a moment, then broke the silence.

Michiru: "So... Are you okay?"

Y/N: "... Why are you asking me that?"

Michiru: "Well... You don't believe in the silver wolf and... he's real. Shirou is the silver wolf."

Y/N: "Yeah... about that."

Michiru: "Hm?"

You crawl out from underneath the car, your face covered in oil and grease and look up at Michiru.

Y/N: "I wondered why the silver wolf never came to save my family, but now I know, it's because he has something against me."

Michiru: "I'm sorry, but trust me, I've tried to get a straight answer from him as to why he hates you, but he just won't. I don't think that would stop him from saving your family though, maybe it's the fact you were overseas?"

Y/N: "Maybe..."

Michiru: "Maybe you should try asking him."

Y/N: "Maybe. Or he'll just avoid the question. Who knows?"

Michiru kneels down to you.

Michiru: "You won't know until you ask."

Y/N: "Yeah you're right."

Michiru: "You could also try being more open with him. He might feel sympathy for you and maybe not hate you anymore."

Y/N: "I don't wanna make him feel bad for me though, that just doesn't seem right."

Michiru: "I'm not saying you'll make him feel bad, just try being more open with him, as if he were... a friend. Or me."

Y/N: "I guess..."

Michiru takes the tool out of your hand and sits down in front of you, grabbing both of your hands and smiling.

Michiru: "Don't think about it too much, I know this is going to be hard for you to get used to."

Y/N: "Thanks Michi... I love you."

Michiru: "I love you too~"

You and Michiru kiss for a moment, then let each other go and Michiru stands up.

Michiru: "I'm going out to take care of something. I'll help you with your car later, okay?"

Y/N: "Alright. You don't have to though."

Michiru: "It's okay! I want to learn more about your hobby anyway."

Michiru waves goodbye and you do as well, she starts walking away and you grab your tool, going back under the car to remove the exhaust. You move the exhaust system onto the sidewalk and crawl out from underneath, standing up and wiping off your hands and face with a rag. Shirou comes out of the beastman cooperative and goes over to you.

Shirou: "What're you up to, Daten-shi?"

You look over at him confused.

Y/N: "I'm trying to get my car running again... Who's Daten-shi?"

Shirou: "You are."

Y/N: "What does that mean?"

Shirou: "Daten-shi means Fallen Angel in Japanese. Some of the known street racers and even news broadcasters have given you that name."

Y/N: "Huh... I guess it's better than being insulted."

Shirou: "You can say that again. Your car is a mess."

Y/N: "I know... I've got a question for you."

Shirou: "What is it?"

Y/N: "If you're the silver wolf and protect all beastmen... Why didn't you come and save my family? They've probably been sold to slavery by now..."

Shirou: "I strive to protect all beastmen, but I've based my operations here since Anima City is the largest area populated by beastmen. I didn't save your family not because I hate you, I couldn't save them because of the distance across the sea. I wasn't even aware of what was happening. I may be a god, but I don't know everything that happens around the world, only around me."

Y/N: "I see... Why do you hate me though..?"

Shirou: "I don't hate you as much anymore, but it's just something about you."

Y/N: "Is it the fact I didn't believe in the silver wolf?"

Shirou: "No."

You just sigh and keep cleaning your face with the rag.

Shirou: "You're a hard worker though. I will admit."

Y/N: "Hm?"

You look up, but Shirou is gone, so you put down the rag and look at your car. You're gonna need an engine lift to get your blown inline-6 out. You decide to take a walk to the auto shop to find an engine and transmission and borrow an engine lift. On your walk you decided to pick up a drink on the way and walked into a small fast food joint.

Worker: "Hello! What can I get you today?"

Y/N: "Just looking for a drink."

Worker: "Alright what kind o-"

The worker looks up and is shocked for some reason... Then he turns around and calls to his co-workers.

Worker: "Hey guys! It's the Daten-shi!"

Y/N: "Uhh-"

The workers all come up to the counter and look at you in awe. You're a little surprised and wave a bit.

Y/N: "Hey guys- How did you know?"

Worker 2: "There's only two Tanuki's in this city and only one who can drive! You're the Daten-shi!"

Worker 3: "We saw what happened to your car on the Anima city main page. The police are trying to find who vandalized it."

Y/N: "Really?"

Worker 4: "Yeah look!"

The worker shows you his phone and you look at it. There's a wanted ad that says,

"The Anima City police are searching for whoever has vandalized (Y/N) (L/N)'s rare 1967 Ford Mustang. Whoever turns them in will be getting a 110,000 yen reward as these cars are a rare sight in Japan and has left the owner angered."

Worker: "We're all trying to find the culprit!"

Y/N: "Wow... Thanks guys."

You think for a second.

Y/N: "If it helps, I would interrogate anyone involved with the church of the silver wolf, I just know they're the ones involved."

Workers: "Awesome!"

Worker: "What would you like to drink? It's on the house!"

Y/N: "Just a soda please."

One of the workers grabs you a soda and she hands it to you.

Y/N: "Thanks guys! Have a good one!"

Workers: "Have a good day Daten-shi!"

You keep walking as you sip your drink. And you start to find out why people are calling you a fallen angel.

Y/N: "Is it because I didn't believe in the silver wolf and the church attacked me for it?"

You still ponder on it when you walk into the auto shop. One of the workers are there at the counter.

Worker 1: "Hey Tanuki. Going by Daten-shi now, huh?"

Y/N: "I never even knew about it until today. Wasn't my idea."

Worker 1: "I assume you're here because you need your car fixed?"

Y/N: "Yes, but right now I'm looking for a motor and transmission so I can get back to racing."

Worker 1: "Let me see what we have in store for ya."

The worker goes on his laptop and typed stuff, looking and scrolling.

Worker 1: "We don't have many V8 engines in stock... Only Toyota 1UZs."

Y/N: "What else have you got?"

The worker typed away again.

Worker 1: "Here are our other options, we've got Toyota 2JZ GTE's in stock, Toyota 4AGE's, Nissan RB25's, and surprisingly enough a built Nissan RB26 already with a big turbo and sequential transmission mounted on it and ready to go."

You smile at the RB26.

Worker 1: "You're really going to swap an RB26 in a Mustang? That's some Fast n' Furious Tokyo Drift shit."

Y/N: "Yeah it is and it sounds badass."

Worker 1: "Alrighty let me see what the cost will be."

The worker starts doing some calculations and whistles.

Worker 1: "That's going to be 1,090,430 yen brother."

Y/N: "Shit... it's a lot, but it'll get me going again."

Worker 1: "You can actually afford this?"

Y/N: "Yeah."

Worker 1: "Damn, I don't know where you get your money from man... Other racers I know don't make this much."

Y/N: "I have a contract."

Worker 1: "Interesting."

Another worker comes into the lobby.

Worker 2: "Hey who's buying the RB26 I just got the notification to bring it in?"

Worker 1: "Our friend the Daten-shi is going to swap an RB26 into his mustang. Crazy right?"

Worker 2: "Woah- you're gonna have to show us this once you're done."

Y/N: "Yeah I'll definitely be here for the tuning process. That reminds me- I'm gonna need an ECU."

Worker 1: "That's right. No more carburetor, you're getting into big boy territory there Tanuki."

Y/N: "Heh yeah. I'll be making some big power numbers, the most this city has ever seen."

Worker 2: "You better, I'm pumped to see how this is gonna turn out!"

Y/N: "There's one issue though... The engine is blown and so is the transmission. I also already disconnected the exhaust and driveline."

Worker 1: "We can tow it here if you want us to swap it."

Y/N: "Sure. I've never swapped an engine before, so I'd rather have a professional do it, haha."

Worker 1: "Alright. We can go pick it up then."

Y/N: "A bunch of the parts are on the sidewalk, can you grab those too?"

Worker 1: "Yeah of course."

Worker 2: "We can lend you a car for the time being, since this swap might take some time."

Y/N: "Really?"

Worker 2: "Yeah! Follow me!"

The worker leads you to the car they're going to lend you, with Worker 1 right behind you guys. There's a matte gray Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII on nice black wheels.

Y/N: "Wow."

Worker 2: "She's quite the screamer. This ones making 500 horsepower and the limited slip differentials and all-wheel drive really help put the power down."

Y/N: "That's crazy... And you're letting me borrow this?"

Worker 1: "As long as it doesn't come back with graffiti. Heheh-"

You nod and look to the car, then the keys are tossed to you and you quickly catch them.

Y/N: "Y'know... I never caught you guys' names... What're your names?"

Worker 1: "I'm Hiro."

Worker 2: "Akito!"

Y/N: "Nice to finally know your names! I'll be going now, the car is parked outside the beastman cooperative!"

Hiro and Akito wave goodbye as you step into the Evo and start it up, you exit the auto shop and get onto the road, opening it up a little bit on straight roads. Man this thing moves! It's a manual, so you're pushing in the clutch and banging through gears, and it's fun!

As you're driving, you see Michiru walking and looking down at something. You pull up next to her and roll down your window.

Y/N: "Hey Michi!"

Michiru: "(Y/N)? What's with the new ride?"

Y/N: "Oh it's not mine. A couple friends are letting me borrow it."

Michiru: "Oh that's nice of them!"

Michiru looks over at a black van, staring at it intently. You look over as well, catching a glimpse of Nazuna walking out of a building and being escorted into the van.

Michiru: "N-Nazuna?"

The door of the van closes and it starts driving off.

Michiru: "Nazuna!"

Michiru runs over to the passenger side of the Evo and jumps in.

Michiru: "Drive (Y/N)! Follow that van!"

You nod and stomp on the gas, peeling off towards the van. You two follow the van for a while until it goes behind a gate at the Sylvasta Medical Center.

Michiru: "I'm going in... Wait out here, please."

Y/N: "Alright."

Michiru steps out and start sneaking towards the gate. You back away and park by the front entrance of the medical center and wait. You plug your phone into the stereo and listen to your playlist while you're out there.

You're waiting there for a while, and while you are, you notice a nice yellow supercar pull up in front of you and stop. It's a Ferrari LaFerrari. A tall blonde guy in a suit steps out. He looks familiar, you think it's Alan, the guy who owns the medical center. He walks around and behind his Ferrari and in front of your car. He noticed you and waves, then walks over to the drivers side and taps your window. You roll it down, also turning down the music.

Y/N: "Can I help you?"

Alan: "Ahhh, it's the Daten-shi, a one man army against the church of the silver wolf. I thought you drove an old muscle car. How's your day?"

Y/N: "I'm... alright. What about you?"

Alan: "Oh well I'm quite alright. I've seen the way you drive, the family says a lot of good things about you."

Y/N: "How do you know about that?"

Alan: "Well, I went to the race two nights ago. Then one where you raced against that dastardly wolf. I agree, LilBroker, what a stupid name. I studied the way you drive and your cognitive abilities and your ability to quickly make decisions, I think you should work for us, make deliveries from the mainland and into the city. I'll let you use your personal vehicle and you'll make a lot of money alongside your racing gig. Deliver by day, race by night, perhaps."

Y/N: "How much money are we talking?"

Alan: "Well it really depends on what you're delivering, but you'll be making at least a million yen a delivery."

Y/N: "Are you serious?"

Alan: "We have very sophisticated supplies and having a delivery driver like you would only speed up our progress. I'm willing to pay a hefty price for your skills."

You think about it for a moment. You like money, and Alan seems like an alright fellow.

Y/N: "I'm up for it."

Alan smiles.

Alan: "Excellent. Luckily for you I've got a delivery due for tomorrow and I'll have you go pick it up, if you don't mind."

Y/N: "Sure, where is it?"

Alan: "Out in the mainland, it's at the hospital in the nearby human city. One last question, though."

Y/N: "What is it?"

Alan: "Are you waiting for someone?"

You hesitate for a second.

Y/N: "Yeah..."

Alan: "I see. Thank you for your time, (Y/N)."

Alan waves goodbye and walks inside the medical center. You're left alone again and turn your music back up.

After another long while of waiting, the sun has already gone down, something catches your eye. Suited men, Nazuna, and Michiru all climbing into that black van from earlier. It starts driving off and you quickly shift into gear and follow it. You shoot Michiru a text and hope she answers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michiru gets a message on her phone and picks it up.

Y/N: "Why are you in that van? Where are you going?"

Michiru: "Don't worry. We're going back home."

Michiru smiles at her phone and puts it back down.

Nazuna: "Who was that?"

Michiru: "Ah, just someone I know."

Nazuna: "Was it (Y/N)?"

Michiru: "How do you know?"

Nazuna: "I saw you guys holding hands yesterday. When he saw me he gave me the sign that he was going to kill me. Why are you dating him?"

Michiru: "What?! Don't take it personally, he won't actually kill you, he was just all riled up yesterday after your church members vandalized his car."

Nazuna: "I- I didn't tell them to do that. Maybe Boris did..."

Michiru: "(Y/N) said some pretty nasty things to him that day you saved Alan huh?"

Nazuna: "He did. I heard the people are calling him a Fallen Angel."

Michiru: "Fallen Angel?"

Nazuna: "He's one of those people who doesn't believe in the silver wolf, I don't know why I told him I wasn't the silver wolf... They're calling him a fallen Angel, or Daten-shi because the church 'attacked him for having different beliefs'."

Nazuna made air quotes.

Michiru: "What's with the air quotes?"

Nazuna: "We didn't attack him. We gave him a warning. He can get a new car anyway."

Michiru: "Nazuna... That car is a part of him, he can't just get a new one. You DID attack him."

Nazuna: "You act like I didn't see you guys following us today, he has a different car now."

Michiru: "That's not his! He's borrowing it while his car gets fixed."

Nazuna: "... Remember that day you ran away from me when I told you I was Desse Louvee and not Nazuna?"

Michiru: "Yeah..?"

Nazuna: "He called me horrible things. Called me a bitch, a whore, a narcissist, and called the church a cult."

Michiru: "Woah... I'm sorry... But I'm sure he understands now that Boris is manipulating you. I know you don't think so, but that's just a product of his manipulation."

Nazuna: "I will admit, his words hurt, they made me think."

Michiru: "Hm..?"

Nazuna looks back out the window, then shortly after, night running starts playing on the radio.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The van stops in front of the church of the silver wolf, right across from the beastman cooperative. Nazuna gets out on one side and Michiru gets out on the other. It's raining now, and you park in front of the beastman cooperative. As Michiru walks towards the beastman cooperative, she seems... upset? You follow her into the beastman cooperative and up to her room, then you give her a hug from behind.

Y/N: "Are you alright, Michi?"

Michiru: "I'll explain in a second... I need to dry off."

You let go of Michiru and she grabs a towel and starts drying herself off, also taking off her jacket and shoes. Once she's done she turns to you and hands you the towel.

Michiru: "Here, dry yourself off. I don't want you getting sick."

Y/N: "I'm not going to get sick from being wet, Michi."

Michiru: "Well, my mom would always tell me I was going to get sick, so I take no chances. You should too."

Y/N: "Oh alright."

You start drying yourself off, but you must've not done good enough because Michiru takes the towel from you and start drying you off herself.

Michiru: "Take off your clothes."

Y/N: "Ah- What-?"

Michiru: "You need dry clothes, silly."

Y/N: "You could've said that first, heheh... I don't have any other clothes-"

Michiru quickly turns around and goes rummaging in her drawers, she pulls out another white tank top and blue pair of shorts, exactly like what she's wearing.

Y/N: "We gonna be twins or something?"

Michiru: "Yeah why not?"

She smiles and you take the clothes, Michiru turns around and covers her eyes. You quickly get changed and slip on her tank top and shorts.

Y/N: "Alright you're good now."

Michiru turns around and takes a look at you and smiles, giving you a kiss on the cheek.

Michiru: "Looking good~"

Y/N: "Of course, like always. Heh-"

You scratch the back of your head and blush, you're about to kiss her back, but then Shirou walks in the room.

Shirou: "What happened? I told you to stay away from the church and medical center."

Michiru looks at Shirou and her voice turns somber.

Michiru: "They told me... I could be human again."

Y/N: "Huh-?"

You and Michiru pull up a chair and sit down while Shirou takes the couch.

Michiru explains everything that happened, how she was turned to a beastman.

Shirou: "An accident huh?"

Michiru: "Mhm... But he did tell me he was really sorry for it and said he was gonna make a cure."

Shirou: "You're telling me that you believed him? What if it turns out that you're just another pawn in his scheme?"

Michiru: "You're only saying that is because Alan is a human. You just automatically doubt anything humans say."

Michiru and Shirou go back and forth, and once they're done, you perk up, but are cut off.

Y/N: "You-"

Shirou: "Are you certain you want to be human again?"

Y/N: "..."

Michiru: "Yeah I obviously do."

Shirou: "If you do change back will you leave anima city?"

Michiru: "Honestly, I've come to love this city. It's just... I also miss my home more than anything."

Shirou: "I see."

Michiru: "Yeah."

Shirou gets up and leaves the room and you steal the couch.

Y/N: "When you turn back to being human... What will happen to our relationship?"

Michiru looks to you and smiles a bit.

Michiru: "I don't think it will change at all. I'm still the same person, so are you, whether we're both beastmen or not. Who says we can't still love each other?"

Y/N: "You don't think people would be weirded out? I've never seen a human and a beastman together."

Michiru: "They don't need to know you're a beastman! And if they find out, and they don't like it, that's their problem!"

Y/N: "I'm also worried about what could happen if I'm caught. I could be jailed, beaten, even killed. Back in America even if a beastman looked at a human the wrong way he'd get curb stomped."

Michiru sits down next to you and scoots up nice and close, leaning her head on your shoulder.

Michiru: "Don't worry about it! I'm not turning back to a human any time soon."

You turn and hug Michiru, burying your face into her hair.

Y/N: "I love you Michi, beastman or human."

Michiru: "I love you too (Y/N), beastman or human."

You and Michiru cuddle on the couch, giving kisses every now and then, but then it turns into a full on make out session with you on top of Michiru and her arms around your neck, both of you loving like there's no tomorrow.

After a while of kissing, you two go back to cuddling and Michiru snuggled up closer.

Michiru: "Y'know... Nazuna told me what you said to her. I never thought those words could come out of your mouth."

Y/N: "Oh- I- I can explain-"

Michiru: "Don't. Nazuna said your words make her think twice."

Y/N: "Really?"

Michiru: "Yeah, so... I say, keep pushing her. You have my permission to be on her back."

Y/N: "Wait- Seriously? You're gonna let me basically bully her?"

Michiru: "It's not bullying, you're just snapping her out of her little trance that Boris gave her. Her already thinking about her decision, just because of what you said, is a good step forward."

Y/N: "I got it. So you won't be mad if I say something nasty to her?"

Michiru: "I'll try and keep my composure."

Y/N: "Alrighty then. C'mere~"

Michiru lunges towards you and wraps her arms around you, causing you to fall down and onto your back on the couch, Michiru on top, holding onto you. You breathe a sigh of relief and close your eyes, arms wrapped around Michiru.

You then wake up to the sound of your phone ringing. It's some random number. The room is dark and silent. You pick up the phone and whisper into it.

Y/N: "H-Hello...?"

???: "I heard about what you said to Ms. Desse Louvee."

You quickly realized who it was. It was Boris. Now your voice changes, this is shifting from him confronting you, to you threatening him. You're not even worried about how he got your number.

Y/N: "Oh good old Boris~. Long time no see huh old man?"

Boris: "You shall not say such things. I know you know that Desse is not the silver wolf. You need to keep your mouth shut."

Y/N: "Hahaha, you better keep those hands of yours in check pedo bitch. Or else the whole city is going to know your church is a giant lie."

Boris: "We're here to give the beastmen hope and pride. And I cannot believe, that as a beastman yourself, you want to take that away from them."

Y/N: "I don't give a shit about anybody else, all I want is you to feel pain as your grip on Nazuna grows weaker and your ability to manipulate her fades."

Boris: "You need to stop this-"

Y/N: "If I catch you with Nazuna... One... More... Time... I will physically make you feel pain instead. For Nazuna AND my car."

Boris: "You-"

You quickly hang up the phone and sigh. You then feel a breath on your neck, Michiru is awake.

Michiru: "You're not actually going to hurt anyone... Right?"

Y/N: "Did you hear all of that?"

Michiru: "I did..."

Y/N: "Well, the only one I'm looking to even touch is Boris."

Michiru: "Well... If it's just Boris, I guess I can't stop you."

Y/N: "You were worried about Nazuna weren't you?"

Michiru: "Yeah... I'm still worried for her. I just want her to come back to reality so we can go back to being human together. And go back to being best friends..."

Y/N: "It's okay, Michi. I'm doing this for you and Nazuna. If Nazuna hadn't said anything to you in the first place and you guys remained friends, I would've never said nasty things to her or Boris. If you think I'm going too far, stop me."

Michiru: "Okay."

Michiru smiles and goes back to sleep, you closing your eyes as well.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.8K 790 25
๐š ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ฒ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก; ๐ฒ/๐ง ๐ฆ๐ž๐ž๐ญ๐ฌ ๐š ๐œ๐ž๐ซ๐ญ๐š๐ข๐ง ๐ฆ๐จ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐œ๐ฒ๐œ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ'๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐จ ๐ซ๐ข๐ฌ๐ค ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฅ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ž ๐Ÿ๏ฟฝ...
216K 5.5K 64
Suna Rintarou X Fem! Reader "Everything must come to an end, but my ending will always be with you." Disclaimer: I don't own Haikyuu, Furudate does...
20.2K 444 6
I got inspired by another guy that is doing a story of this anime so I thought it would be fun to do I've watched it and got hooked now you are a clo...
23.8K 528 45
You're dark and sexy. He's flirty and quite literally an asshole, but a damn good-looking one at that. How will you two ever get along? Through sport...