under control ; the penthouse...

By _yaannaay

joo seokhoon everyone has a secret in the penthouse the penthouse : war in life s1 book 1 out of 3 best ac... More

introduction
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
Chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
nana
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty eight
chapter twenty nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty one
chapter thirty two
chapter thirty three
chapter thirty four
nono
chapter thirty five
chapter thirty six
chapter thirty seven
chapter thirty eight
nunu
chapter thirty nine
chapter fourty
epilogue
nini
happy 1 year
hello !!

chapter twenty three

5.8K 252 80
By _yaannaay

┈┈。゚۪ ۪ ۪ ۪ ۪ ゚。┈┈

"Jumin." I hear him groan from the other side of the room. "Let's go." I grab my backpack, swinging it around my shoulder, and I hear Jumin get up from the couch. 

"I can't open my eyes!" I look over at him, seeing him rubbing his eyes. 

"Maybe if you didn't eat that midnight snack you wouldn't be so puffy." I grab our house keys and walk to the front door. 

"Yah! Don't leave me!" I hear shuffling in the living room, and Jumin appears around the corner. 

He's holding his  backpack, holding a spoon to his eye. 

"Why do you have a spoon on your eye?" He looks at me with his one, scoffing.

"Have you not heard? It calms down swelling." I roll my eyes, and sigh. 

"Hurry up. Get out of the house so I can lock the door." He hmphs, and skips outside the house. 

~

I'm swinging around the keys, listening to Jumin complain about his... problems. "The same girl approached me AGAIN. I need her to get away from me." He takes a sip from his americano, and I sigh.

"Just tell her your gay. It's impossible that she hasn't figured that out yet." I place the keys in my bag, grabbing my drink from Jumin.

I feel someone grab my waist, and I turn around. "Hey." He smiles, and Seokkyung shows up next to him.

"So are you guys just going to openly date now? or?" I shake my head, taking Seokhoon's hand off my waist. 

"Far from. I just had to explain to Minhyuk how we had gotten together last night." I take a sip from my drink, staring at the front of the building. 

I see Eunbyeol and Rona having a stand off right by the trophy case, but Eunbyeol leaves first. 

"They're so weird." The three agree with me, and we walk off to our class. 

~

"Since the midterm chorus has been decided, I will test you again to distribute the parts." The class groans, me included, and I place my head on my desk. I see Seokhoon snickering at me, and I kick him in the knee. 

"Don't complain, just get ready." The singers in the class starts warming up their voices, and Jumin turns to me. 

"Family dinner tonight." I nod, clearing my throat. 

Eunbyeol was up, and she began to sing. I could see Mr. Ma swaying to her voice. His reactions were always funny. 

As Eunbyeol finishes, the class claps their hands, and Mr. Ma starts to compliment her on all different levels. 

"Next, Bae Rona" Rona stands up and walks to the podium. As she starts to sing, the teacher cuts her off. "Cut. Cut. Cut!" Rona looks over at him, questioning him. 

"Bae Rona, you will be singing mezzo." Mr. Ma says. Rona gives him a weird look, speaking up.

"What? Why am I singing mezzo? If anyone hears my song, they can tell I sing soprano." She isn't wrong. I like her voice a lot. 

"Who will hear it? I, as your teacher, decide which part you are doing. How dare you insolently insist on something!? Your voice is better suited to mezzo." He's not wrong either, but teachers are annoying. I place my arms on the desk, resting my face on my hands. 

"No! I don't agree with it. I think my voice sounds the most beautiful when I sing high notes. I can't understand why my voice is mezzo." I sigh, this conversation going on for too long. Mr. Ma is definitely up to something, and it's a little annoying.  

Mr. Ma stands up, getting closer to Rona. "Alright. Then if you can sing the song I suggest, I'll admit you're a soprano. Can you do that?" Rona doesn't take a second to think, and takes the challenge. 

I sit back in my chair, getting tired. I had already gone so I didn't really need to stay awake.

"From the Mignon opera, the last part of "Je Suis Titania'." The class gets rowdy, saying she couldn't do it and how it was so hard. Which I agree with. The piece was hard. 

I sit back up, wanting to hear her properly. "Are you ready?" She nods and the pianist starts playing. 

Her vocals were always amazing, but she was born with some sort of different talent. The way she vocalized the higher notes, and took deeper breathes when needed, and oh my she was really good. 

I smile, crossing my arms. I like her... and she pisses off Eunbyeol... maybe she isn't too bad...

~

I was sitting at dinner, my parents,  uncles, and aunts sitting around the table. I quietly sip on my drink, seeing the tense situation. I glance at Jumin, and he's doing the same thing. 

"If all were going to do is sit here and drink, then why come here in the first place!?" My moms brother stands up, throwing the cloth on his lap down. His wife grabs his arm, and makes him sit back down. 

"This is all about who gets the family business in the long run." I sigh, placing my drink down. 

"Obviously it should be my son, Jaehyun. He's the oldest out of all the kids." The oldest sister pats her kids back, placing him in the lineup. 

"Your son has a DUI at the age of 22. He's not getting the family business." My grandpa quickly takes him out of the lineup. 

"What about Jisoo? She has been getting perfect grades and she's about to graduate college." My uncles wife says. My grandpa scoffs again, and stares at her. 

"She's only getting by because of all my resources." My Aunt sighs, and leans back in her chair. I watch as my grandpa's eyes look around the table, and we make eye contact. 

"Seo Jaewha?" I sit up, keeping eye contact with him. 

"When do you graduate?" I swallow the spit in my throat, and speak up. 

"I graduate high school in two years and I plan to go to college for either phycology or pharmacy." I see him nod, and he sighs, looking at my mom. 

"Jumin and Jaewha will be taking over the business." My eyes widen, and I glance at Jumin, the same expression on his face. 

"Yah! Why would Jaewha take over!? She's not even real family." I slump in my chair, avoiding eye contact with Jaehyun, my oldest cousin. 

"He's right! She was adopted into this family, a d o p t e d~" Jisoo says, all cocky. Jumin scoffs, standing up. 

"She's better at handling most scenarios than the both of you combined! Just because your older means nothing! The two of you are just the same!" He points at the two, and I stand up, bowing. 

"Thank you for the food. I'll be leaving." I turn around, pushing my chair back in, and walking away. 

"Jaewha!" I hear Jumin call out, but I keep walking. 

I walk right out of the restaurant, and to one of the many elevators, pressing the down button. 

I sigh, crossing my arms. I can't believe grandpa would want to put me next in line... I straighten my posture as the elevator opens, but someone's standing inside. 

"Ah, I'm sorry." I move out of the way, allowing the man to enter first. He walks right by me, but turns around. 

"Ah, excuse me." I turn to him, looking him in the eye.

"Yes?"  I answer back in English, seeing that he had spoken in English first. 

"Are you ok? You look like you're about to cry." I laugh, shaking my head. 

"No, I'm fine. Thank you." I bow again, walking into the elevator and leaving the strange man in the hallway. 

What a weirdo... 

┈┈。゚۪ ۪ ۪ ۪ ۪ ゚。┈┈

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.2K 710 13
Shim Su-ryeon and Oh Yoon-hee promised they would never hate nor betray each other, however, actions speak louder than words, and that promise was br...
92.8K 3.2K 60
A BTS Fan fiction Mafia BTS AU THE PENTHOUSE YN, 20 year old , savage, full of secrets. What will happen when she finds out that she is going to...
101K 2.6K 27
COMPLETED 📌----- No friendship, no trust and no love. A dangerous world where Money is your weapon, Rank is your reputation and Weakness doesn't exi...
115K 4.9K 43
joo seokhoon secrets are meant to be exposed the penthouse : war in life s2 book 2 out of 3 started : 12/07/2021 finished : 03/07/2022 achievements...