The Ascension Saga Book One:...

By SushuiTemitsu

Izuka Midoriya is a name that sticks in Katsuki Bakugo's mind. She died one year after her mother, a suicide... More

Prologue: Appearance of Chaos
Fall From Order
Break And Reforge
The Patchwork Bunny
Mr. Two Timer
Stain! Memories
Himiko's Vengeance
Controlled Chaos
UA! A Different Kind Of Crazy
Split Sides
Crazy Is Fun
Buildup
Rage
Your Symbol Of Despair
One Who Has Ascended
Just a bit of Spying
Start! The Festival!
I Choose Who Wins
Juiced
Heroes are Annoying
Rabbit and Steel
Douse The Flames
An Informant... Eventually?
Ghost
Awakening
Clash Of Titans
Tempered Steel
Kenji Hikiishi
Fall Of Steel
Torture and Terror
Invention Battle!
Bonding

His Power

39 1 0
By SushuiTemitsu

Okay. So far, seems like everybody wants blackish red hair for Tetsutetsu...

This will only happen when he crosses a certain threshold in his blood consumption. Also, he'll most likely fade back to silver hair after using up the iron in his system... So the hair color will occur in battle.

Now... We have Mirko, Hatsume, and Tetsutetsu... I've received questions about Mina. I don't think I will have her join the Vanguard.

There are a few reasons. I have plans for her, but those don't include the vanguard. Besides, I have the entire villain group mapped out.

Shigaraki, Izuka, Kurogiri, Toga, Hatsume, Tetsutetsu, Mirko, Dabi, Twice, Stain, Spinner, Compress, Magne, Eri, and an OC. You remember the demon boy from Himiko's parents... Well, I'm having him join the vanguard as Eri's friend. Say hello to Sushui's Vanguard Squad.

Oh yeah... I'm not killing magne off by the way. I think it would be better in the long run.

That's all the spoilers you'll get from me! On with the story!

)=(

"READY? BEGIN!"

Midnight cracked her whip, and Monoma blasted forward with Bakugo's quirk.

"How did you-"

Monoma grinned as he threw a few punches. "It's easy to do when you just have to touch somebody. Walk by and pat 'em on the back. I've only got two minutes with this, but that'll be enough!"

His blows were dodged by Mina, who leapt out of the way and threw a glob of Acid. The substance splashed across Monama's arm, making it become a little red.

The blonde smiled. "As I thought. Your quirk could cause a lot of harm to somebody. All it can do right now is annoy me!"

Mina gritted her teeth.

'I have to dial it back. I don't want to melt his arm off...'

Mina saw the boy approach and instantly got an idea.

'But who said I needed to hit him?'

"I COULD JUST HAVE THE GROUND DO IT FOR ME!"

The pink student threw a glob of acid at Monoma's feet. The blonde took one step and slipped, falling flat on his face. The crowd laughed a little.

"Nice trick... BUT IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN!" Monama shouted, getting up. He took another step and slipped again.

The crowd roared.

)=(

"So what are their quirks?" Tetsutetsu asked. "I mean, I know Monoma's, but what quirks has he copied?"

"Wait, a copy quirk? Those are so rare!" Mirko looked at the struggling blonde.

"Neito Monoma..." Izuka muttered. "His quirk is 'Copy'. He can copy up to three quirks at his current level, and can hold onto each of them for roughly five minutes. He's copied Bakugo's quirk, explosion. And it looks like he's got Shiozaki's quirk... as well as Tsuyu Asui's quirk."

"How can you be so sure?" Toga asked.

"Look at his wrist. He's got one of Shiozaki's vines... Probably a way to access her DNA. Asui's quirk makes sense in this situation, it's got an advantage against acid."

"Because she's a frog... He's done his research on class 1-A." Hatsume muttered.

"He's a threat. But Mina is more experienced with her own personal quirk than Monoma is with three borrowed ones. Hopefully she can bring him down."

Mirko nodded slowly. "Okay. What's the pink one's quirk?"

Hatsume gave a hum. "Mina Ashido. Her quirk is 'Acid'. She can secrete acid from her skin. She also has control over the Acids properties, such as viscosity and potency. She's pretty limited in fights, because without any control she could melt a person's skin away. This is a really good show from her, because it's emphasising how much control she has with her quirk, as well as different ways it could be put to use. You wouldn't expect acid to work as some type of melee weapon, but make it way more solid, and you can stretch it into a whip, or make a sort of restraint. Pretty versatile if you just think about ways to use it."

"Hmmm. That quirk seems to be way more versatile than anybody really thinks... a powerful weapon to have."

"Her strongest weapon isn't her quirk." Izuka said. "It's her personality. She acts ditzy all the time, plays nice and dumb. But she's experienced... She knows her capabilities, and has figured out ways to surpass them."

"Um... What about that?" Tetsutetsu pointed to Monoma, who had finally gotten up, and was now throwing vines at Mina.

"Well... Looks like he might have some experience with one of those quirks after all. That could be a problem." Hatsume said.

Toga nodded. "Definitely. He can grow vines without a care in the world, but generating all that acid must take a toll on Ashido's skin..."

"That's been his plan from the beginning." Izuka grunted. "Make her hands irritated enough. This is another battle of endurance."

Tetsutetsu looked down at the field. "Who will give out first. The one with a time limit on quirks? Or the one with a time limit on their body?"

)=(

Mina grit her teeth as she finally managed to hit the hairs on Monoma's wrist. The vine bracelet fell away. The other hair disappeared.

"Got it! FINALLY!" Mina cheered. Then she felt her hands crackle.

'Shit. They already reached their limit...'

Monoma grinned as he saw her face. "YOU'VE REACHED YOUR LIMIT! MINE NOW!"

Vines sprouted from the ground and whipped towards Mina.

The pink girl backflipped out of the way, landing on her toes.

"My hands may be dried out. But I'm still able to fight!" The girl jumped out of the way as yet another wave of vines swept towards her.

'Okay. First step, lose the shoes.'

Mina untied her sneakers and spun out of the way of an attack. She kicked off her shoes towards her opponent, who knocked them away with vines.

'Okay, now just glide.'

Mina generated acid on her feet, and began skating around the arena, dodging attacks. Neito's hold on Shiozaki's quirk slipped. He was left with one more.

"Alright. Time to end this!"

Monoma's tongue shot out towards Mina. Who jumped and spun. The attack missed her as she just hopped, spun, and pirouetted away.

'Okay... He's got two minutes...'

)=(

Izuka couldn't help but smirk at Mina's movements.

"It's as if she's figure skating!" Mirko smiled. "You're right. She's experienced."

Izuka nodded. "Judging by the time it took her hands to give out, and the Time that Monoma has. I think she's got this."

Tetsutetsu grinned. "About time somebody knocked that guy down a few pegs. He's always starting fights with other classes and shit. It's annoying..."

"I kinda wanted to face him... But now I think the pink girl seems more fun." Toga smiled.

"She's definitely one to keep. What do you think Yumi?" Hatsume asked.

"Yeah. She'll be a hero in our world..."

)=(

Monoma lashed out once again with his tongue. But it shrank back to its normal size.

"Shit."

Mina noticed his lack of attacks and circled him a few times, before rushing in.

"Alrighty. I'll make this quick!"

Mina slid onto her back, slipping under Monoma and grabbing his legs. She stomped her feet into the ground and launched herself over him, pulling him upside down, before throwing him up into the air. Monoma flew into the ground as Mina jumped up above him and punched with everything she had.

"CHLORIC BARRAGE!"

Monoma lay in a small crater, unconscious.

Midnight cracked her whip. "NEITO MONOMA IS UNABLE TO CONTINUE! MINA ASHIDO WINS!"

"Just barely..." Mina whispered under her breath. The pink student raised her fist and walked off of the stage, eager to get to the infirmary.

)=(

"Good match." Mirko grinned. "Definitely showed off her stronger points."

"If she can fight a person with three quirks, she's going to get quite a bit of attention." Tetsutetsu said.

""Eh... She still needs work..." Toga muttered.

"Yeah. I don't think she's right for our group anyways. She's nice to us. But it just wouldn't be good for her." Izuka said.

"Yeah. It's her nature to be nice and bubbly. She's also got a pretty good life going. There's no reason to change that." Hatsume agreed.

"So who's up next?" Izuka asked.

"It's your favorite." Toga grinned. "Katsuki Bakugo."

"Vs who?"

"Momo Yaoyorozu." Hatsume said. "No matter who wins, it'll be fun to beat the shit out of them..."

Present Mic announced the fighters. Both of them walked into the arena. Bakugo flexed his hands, letting off a few tiny explosions. Yaoyorozu looked the boy up and down, before nodding and taking on a defensive stance.

"READY? BEGIN!"

Midnight cracked her whip, and the battle began.

Bakugo rocketed towards Yaoyorozu, who brought up her hand to catch him. In her left hand, she generated a staff.

Bakugo reversed his hands and planted his foot on Yaoyorozu's arm. Using the girl as a springboard, he backflipped, narrowly avoiding a strike from Yaoyorozu's staff.

The creation user dashed towards the blonde, whirling her staff around herself, before planting the end of it in the ground, and vaulting on top of Bakugo.

The blonde saw it coming, and had performed a rather daring move, where he rolled onto his hands and kicked upwards. The blow sent Yaoyorozu into the air. Bakugo rolled back to his feet and leapt up, punching Yaoyorozu in the stomach.

"Ow! God, son of a-"

Yaoyorozu had generated a metal plate on her stomach, Bakugo had popped his knuckles on it with his punch.

"Bold move." Yaoyorozu smiled. The girl grabbed Bakugo's arm and threw him back downwards.

Bakugo landed on his feet and immediately shot an explosion upwards, before leaping out of the way. Yaoyorozu came down on the spot he had just been in with a strong kick.

Bakugo grinned. "Well, you're better than I thought high class!"

)=(

"Those two have some moves." Hatsume giggled. "It's like they're dancing."

"Hmmph. They definitely know what they're doing." Toga grouched.

"That Bakugo kid... His fighting ability is impressive." Mirko said.

"There's only one thing I want to see from him today." Izuka growled, looking towards the teachers seats at All Might.

'I want to see him use that power.'

Izuka's attention was drawn back to the fight as yet another explosion rocked the arena.

)=(

'Not good enough... She knows my attacks too well.'

Bakugo dodged a swipe from Yaoyorozu's staff. He dodged right into a grenade, which threw him back with a sizeable explosion.

'I need to use One For All... But can I risk doing that? My body won't hold up!'

Bakugo leapt to the side as Yaoyorozu hurled another grenade. An explosion comparable to one of his own blasted a chunk out of the arena floor. Rubble from the blast hit Bakugo in the back, launching him forward a few feet.

'I can't... All Might... I can't use it like you... Wait...'

Bakugo stopped moving and allowed Yaoyorozu's next attack to hit him. The creation used came down with her staff, which Bakugo caught.

'I've been looking at this all wrong!'

"I'm not All Might..." Bakugo whispered hoarsely.

"Well duh... None of us are." Yaoyorozu huffed. "To think that-"

"Sorry Yaoyorozu... I've been thinking about it all wrong... My second quirk... I've been comparing its power to All Mights. I've been thinking about using it all at once. Like a switch. But now that I realize what I've been doing wrong..."

Yaoyorozu's eyes went wide as Orange sparks outlined Bakugo. They started on his hands, then moved up his arms onto his entire body. Bakugo blinked as his pupils began to dilate. His iris's sparked, and suddenly, the sparks surrounding him ignited into a storm of orange lightning.

The metal staff in Bakugo's hand bent under the force of his superpowered grip.

"Come on Yaoyorozu..." Bakugo huffed. His eyes locked onto the girl, who became rooted in place.

"GIVE ME YOUR BEST SHOT!"

)=(

Toshinori watched as Yaoyorozu trapped Bakugo in a corner.

"Her quirk is so versatile. How did she gain such skill in a fight?" He wondered aloud.

"From what Aizawa told me. Some of the students in 1-A went on to train themselves as much as they could. Some asked their teacher for martial arts weapons, others brought other aspects of their lives into their fighting styles. A perfect example of that was young Mina Ashido." Nezu said. "She took dance classes at a young age, and actually teaches some classes on Wednesdays. Her fighting style is connected to moves that she made up using Aizawa martial arts, and dance moves."

"Incredible. Young Kirishima increased his stamina, and his physical endurance. Yaoyorozu must have worked on her in-battle analyzation skills, as well as her hand to hand combat. They've been taught well." Toshinori smiled. "They are truly going to be the greatest generation of heroes."

Nezu nodded. "With what they have to face, there is no doubt that they will make history. Whether they win or lose, they will make their mark."

Toshinori turned back to the fight. Where Bakugo had stopped moving.

"What is he-"

"Look at his hands. They're sparking..." Nezu grinned.

"Is his quirk failing?"

"Oh I'd say that it's the opposite." Nezu grinned. A storm of orange lightning erupted from the blonde. "He's figured it out."

Toshinori's eyes widened, and he grinned. "Young Bakugo... You've done it!"

)=(

Izuka watched the sparks fly from Bakugo's hands.

"That's it... That's what I've been waiting for..."

"What?" Mirko pondered. "Sparks? WOAH!"

Lightning raged in the center of the arena.

"No..." Izuka growled. "There's no doubt about it. That's his power."

'All Might...'

)=(

'Everything's so slow...'

Bakugo watched as Yaoyorozu jumped back. He could see her generate a grenade out of her shoulder. In a flash, he was at her side.

"Nice try... I said give it your all!"

Bakugo grabbed the grenade and tossed it into the air. The explosion shook the air. Yaoyorozu whipped around with a punch. Her strike hit open air.

"Where-"

Momo gasped as a punch hit her in the side. She barely caught herself by creating a wall. The creation user looked up to see lightning blazing around the stage.

"So that's how it is..."

Momo generated another staff and rushed in.

"I'LL GIVE YOU EVERYTHING I'VE GOT!"

Bakugo grinned as he flashed around the arena. His skin buzzed with power.

'This feels like it's only five percent... But still...such incredible power!'

Bakugo landed blow after blow on Yaoyorozu. He eventually realized she was at her limit, and caught her just before she hit the ground. The lightning ceased as Bakugo held the unconscious student.

Midnight stared at the end result of the fight.

'What the hell was that?'

"Ka-Katsu- Katsuki Bakugo... WINS!"

The crowd roared their approval. Bakugo smiled and walked Yaoyorozu to the infirmary. He heard the next announcement as he walked into the hallways.

"AFTER SOME QUICK CLEANUP, WE'LL BE ON TO THE LAST MATCH OF THE PRELIMINARIES! HANG ON TO YOUR HATS PEOPLE!'

Bakugo smirked.

'I've done it... My first breakthrough with this power...'

)=(

Izuka walked into the waiting room and came face to face with Shoto Todoroki.

"Oh! Hi there... I was just making sure I'm all set for the second round... Seeing as I'm right after you and all..."

The boy gave Izuka an Icy glare. The look softened as he saw her scar.

"You..." Todoroki brought his hand to his face. "Like me..."

"Not exactly..." Izuka chuckled. "I think I know where you got that scar from... I didn't get mine the same way."

Todoroki nodded. "Sorry. I just couldn't tell from a distance. And I was distracted in the fights."

"You're fine." Izuka said. "I was a little surprised too. Do your best out there..."

Todoroki gave the first genuine smile he had given in years. "Of course... And um... Yumi right?"

Izuka nodded.

"I'm gonna beat you."

The girl smiled at Todoroki. "I'll be waiting."

Izuka walked out of the room and straight into the path of the wild wild pussycats.

"Oop! Oh... Sorry!" Izuka said.

"That's fine... We are the ones who should apologize to you." Ragdoll said. "We weren't acting very heroic a little while ago, so we wanted to apologize and say that we're proud of you! Proud that you proved us wrong..."

Izuka gave a fake smile. "It's okay. I'm glad I could open your eyes a bit."

"Here. We wanted to take a picture as an apology."

The pussycats stood behind Izuka as a spectator they had brought with them took a picture. Izuka noticed that Ragdoll and Mandalay had placed their hands on her shoulder.

'I get it... Well then...'

"I hope you have a good time!" Izuka bowed. "Enjoy my next fight. I'll win it for you guys!"

The girl walked off back to her seats. The pussycats watched her go.

"Did you do it?"

"Yup... With our combined monitoring, we'll be able to see what she sees..."

)=(

So as I said before. Lots of comments about dark red hair. So I'll do it. I hope you all liked these fights. I'm trying to get better at writing them, so here.

I'm pretty proud of both of these one's >:3

Anyways. The next chapter will be Todoroki Vs Uraraka. Then we'll be onto the next round.

Until then,

Sushi Out!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.5K 478 13
Izuku Midoriya has always wanted to become a hero despite being quirkless. He admired every hero he came across but he admired one more than the othe...
2.2K 115 40
Izuku thought his luck had finally changed when he was chosen by his idol All Might to be his successor. Everything was supposed to change for him th...
343K 13.3K 37
Bakugo Katsuki and Izuku Midoryia. unsuspecting of both of them become vigilantes... secretly the UA Traitors. no one knows though... In a freak acci...
878 11 47
Izuku was seven years old when he left his old life behind. Katsuki was eight years old as he watched, staring in shock as he walked away. Seven year...