My Pet Mate

By Hilliex

"I'm your dog!" The guy yelled. I froze and looked at the man with disbelief. Did he really just suggest he... More

Preface
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Bonus Chapter 1
Bonus Chapter 2
Bonus Chapter 3
Bonus Chapter 4

Chapter 33

33.6K 1.3K 230
By Hilliex

*Annabelle's POV*

"Anna you have to help me!"

"Luna tell her everything will be ok!"

I blinked as two people burst through the front door. Adam and I were in the middle of having dinner when both Fred and Jasper decided it would be a great idea to enter our apartment without permission.

"Uh... what?" I answered as I glanced at Adam, who was glaring at the duo.

Fred let out a sigh, "Jasper wants me to see the pack he lives in and frankly, I'm terrified!"

Jasper groaned, "you don't have to be baby! Everything will be fine. No one will eat you." The last part sounded exasperated.

I gave a patient smile, "Fred, you really don't have to be afraid of his pack, especially since you're his mate."

"How do you know? Adam doesn't exactly have a pack for you to compare it with." Fred countered.

I could see hurt flash in Adam's eyes but he hid it well. Him not having a pack hurts him more than people think it does.

"I've been to Jasper's pack and everything was... uh... fine?" I spoke, remembering how the visit definitely did not end as 'fine.'

"That did not sound convincing." Fred said cautiously.

I cringed, "Well, there might have been some problems, but nothing really went wrong! I wasn't hurt and Jasper and Adam protected me!"

I could see Jasper pinch the bridge of his nose and Adam let out a soft growl.

Fred gulped, "I'm going to get eaten." He mumbled softly.

I quickly stood, "No you won't! I swear everything was fine. Jasper even went up against his own Gamma! I have no doubt that he can protect you against anyone. You should have seen him, he was cool!"

"Definitely helped that the Alpha beat the shit out of the guy before I had to actually get physical." Jasper mumbled and I sent him a glare.

Fred glanced at Adam, and I took a deep breath at her next question, "Do you think the pack is safe?"

Adam raised an eyebrow, glanced at Jasper, then at me, before looking back at Fred, "If Ray manages to actually get his people in line then sure."

Jasper suppressed a growl at Adam disrespecting his Alpha and I rolled my eyes, "How about I go with you? That way you can feel more relaxed." I suggested.

Fred's eyes lit up but Adam was next to me before she could respond, "Absolutely not!"

I looked at Adam with a pointed look, "Adam, he's gone, I'll be fine."

"There might be more idiots out there." Adam argued.

I smiled up at him sweetly, "Then you'll just have to protect me from them." I looked at Jasper, "Would that be ok?"

Jasper glanced at Adam before nodding carefully, "I don't think our Alpha would mind. He wanted to make up for what happened last time anyway."

Fred looked at me, "Anna, what happened last time?"

I gulped as I grabbed Adam's hand, knowing it would calm him as I said the words, "The Gamma of the pack was not behaving as he should have. But things got resolved and he got kicked out of the pack." I explained with as little words as possible so Adam would keep his cool.

Adam's arm came around my waist as he pulled me closer to him, "I should have killed him then and there."

Fred frowned in confusion and horror and I just waved it off. "When are you planning on going?" I switched the subject.

"Well, if you're coming along the weekend is the only option." Fred spoke reluctantly, clearly, she was scared of seeing other werewolves.

"Can we do it on before Tueseday?" I started, "Adam and I are flying to Oregon for Thanksgiving that day."

Jasper nodded, "I'll inform Alpha Thomas."

---

"So, these people are all werewolves?" Fred whispered in my ear as we made our way through the pack lands. Beta Jace and Alpha Ray had met us as we arrived and we all walked over to the pack house together. The meeting between Adam and Ray had been slightly awkward, but no claws came out so I think it's all good.

I grinned as I leaned over, "Yes, and just so you know, werewolves have excellent hearing. They can hear us whispering." I whispered back.

"WHAT?!" Fred exclaimed.

Beta Jace turned around and smirked, "Welcome to the life of werewolves."

Fred nudged even closer to me, "How well can they hear?" she tried to whisper even more quietly.

Jasper turned around to Fred, "Pretty well baby. I can hear you sing in the shower every morning." He said with a smirk.

Fred's head turned a bright red before she stammered, "Y-you can?"

Jasper nodded, "It's cute."

"Just as an FYI, Alpha's have even better hearing. Be happy he can only hear you singing in the shower. Adam can hear the person living three stories above us!" I told her.

"How do you even hide stuff from him then?" Fred asked.

Both Adam and Jasper looked at us with raised eyebrows. I smirked, "When Isa and I wanted to gossip we excused ourselves by telling the guys we were getting coffee downtown."

"You gossiped about me?" Adam

I shrugged, "What happens between sisters, stays between sisters."

Adam's grip on me tightened. He hasn't taken his hands off me since we arrived. "You, my Luna, are playing with fire."

I smirked up at him and winked, "Maybe I like getting burned every once in a while."

A playful growl escaped him as I focused back on Fred. She was looking around with caution and hidden interest.

As we explored more of the pack lands, she seemed to calm down more.

"They're like a community." Fred mumbled softly as she saw the wolves in the kitchen of the pack house walking around.

Alpha Ray nodded, "We all have a job here and work together as a family."

Fred's eyes widened, "That's amazing." We made our way into the living room to meet with some friends of Jasper.

"Luna?" I heard a familiar voice speak up. I turned around to be met with Marcel.

"Marcel! How are you?" I asked animatedly.

Marcel laughed, "I'm good Luna. I hope you are well."

I nodded, "Yes! We're visiting today. My friend is also human and new to the whole wolf thing so I'm here to help her relax." I explained. "What brings you to the pack house?"

"You're doing a good deed then. I'm here to visit my wife."

"Oh right! She helped out with the cooking! Can I meet her?" I asked as I tried to escape Adam's caveman grasp on me.

Marcel glanced at the two Alpha's as well as the Beta in front of him. "If it's alright with the higher ups?"

I turned to Adam, immediately putting on puppy eyes. "Who is he?" Adam asked as calmly as he could.

I smiled, "He's a colleague of mine! A fellow geography teacher."

Adam nodded and gave him another once over before looking at Ray. Ray sighed, "How about we head upstairs for a bit and let the Luna and human explore the pack house." As I felt Adam's grip tighten on me more Ray continued, "Of course, Beta Jace and Jasper will stay with them."

Adam seemed reluctant to let me go. The memories from last time must still be fresh on his mind. I cupped his face, "I'll be ok. I can mind link you if anything goes wrong." I tried to convince him. I also moved my hair around my shoulder, so my mark was clearly visible. I had decided to wear an off the shoulder top to reassure Adam. It showed my mark on full display.

He sighed and pulled me into a hug, "Fine, but you're staying in the pack house."

I beamed, "Thank you!" I turned back to Marcel, "Lead the way!"

After Adam and Ray left we were led to the kitchen again where we met Marcel's mate. She was a sweet woman, and told me she appreciated I worked along her mate.

After a bit of talking there, we went to sit in the living room of the pack house. Some wolves had come by to send me their respects and I politely greeted all of them.

"Damn, you're like a celebrity here," Fred spoke up.

I blushed slightly, "It takes some time getting used to."

Beta Jace chuckled, "You're doing fine, Luna. You're a natural."

I have him an appreciative smile, "I try my best."

Fred frowned, "I didn't think a Luna would be such a big deal."

Jasper laughed, "Trust me, Alpha's and Luna's get more respect than the president gets. In our pack any Luna is incredibly important because we lost our own."

"Pack members miss having a Luna around. We notice that every day. Seeing one automatically makes everyone gravitate towards her. Sorry if it's an inconvenience." Jace continued.

I shook my head, "Not at all! I really don't mind. Like I said, it just takes some time getting used too. I don't have a pack either, so I don't really know what Luna duties are supposed to be."

Marcel spoke up, "What you're doing now is a good example. The Luna is like a mother to us, she takes care of us. Makes sure she checks in with everyone in the pack and helps them if any problem arises."

I blushed, "I don't think I'm qualified to be a therapist."

Jace laughed, "You don't have to be. Just being there for people is sometimes more than enough. You notice people. You haven't just said hi to people greeting you, you've also approached members who might have been too shy to speak with you. That by itself is something incredible."

I bit my cheek as my blush deepened, "I haven't really realized I was doing that."

I decided to scan the room once more. I blinked as I noticed some familiar faces. At a round table sat three boys, all with their heads in their books and with frowns on their faces.

I stood up and gave a polite smile to Beta Jace, telling him I would be ok and stay close.

"I'm sure you're all studying for the geography quiz coming up after the break." I spoke from behind them and all three of the kids shot up and turned their heads.

"Miss Carter!" Isaac, the blonde one of the three exclaimed.

John, the second one elbowed him, "It's Luna here dumbass!"

The blood drained from Isaac's face, "I'm sorry, Luna!"

I smiled and shook my head as I sat down on the table in front of them, "That's fine. How are you guys doing?"

Zane, the third student groaned, "Luna, I'm never gonna pass this quiz! It's too much stuff to learn!"

I smirked with a meaning glint in my eyes, "You're a smart kid Zane, you can get all of it if you pace it throughout the break."

Zane sighed, "But Luna! It's a break for a reason! We want to have fun, not study."

"It's unfair." Isaac spoke up, "We also have a math quiz right after the break."

I hummed in response as I looked down at the books. "What are we struggling with?" I asked.

John pushed his book towards me and I grabbed it, "Ah, the different social structures and cultures in Europe. Want me to help?"

Zane's eyes widened, "Luna, you must be busy with other stuff. We wouldn't want to impose!"

I stood up and asked Beta Jace if he had some paper or something I could write on before looking back at the students. "Nonsense! After all, once I get to grade your papers and see that they're all A's I'll be proud!"

————————————————————————
Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

254K 9.9K 30
Sorshas life has already been written. Before she was even a thought there was a prophecy, a terrible, painful curse upon her family. Her birth broug...
1.1M 29.5K 40
With his eyes trained on me he growls, "Unchain me." The supervisor chirps quietly, "I can't." His head swivels to her, and his fists are cle...
23.8K 735 19
Preview: I feel the blood running down my head from the attack. I try to move but my hands are pulled back from the silver chains on tied to the wal...
924K 27K 30
"Slowly, little moon-- I'm not going anywhere." ***** Marked wolves were the only wolves that could conceive an A...