That Time I Got Reincarnated...

By StaciaPLE

Rimuru had been called to attend Walpurgis, by non-other than Guy himself. Realizing the dire situation, Rimu... More

Reset
Reset pt 2
The start of a new "journey"?
Establishing the Village
Dwargon
Change
Life or Death
Disturbance
Unexpected Threat
Panic
Daemon
Landmine
Stress
Fear
Daemon Recruitment I
Daemon Recruitment II
Gathering
Preparations
Blumund
Ingrassia
Reunion
Fairy Queen.
Fairy Queen part 2
Beginning
Intermission
Humans vs Monsters I
Humans vs Monsters II
Humans vs Monsters III
Prisoner of War
Post-war Celebrations
Demon Lord's Debut I
Demon Lord's Debut II
Demon Lord's Debut III
Demon Lord's Debut IV
Demon Army.
Kidnapped
Wrath
Wrath II
You're In The Way
Offer
Regret
Master of Demons I
Master of Demons II
Master of Demons III
Master of Demons IV
Note.
Master of Demons V
An 'Old' Memory
A Moment of Peace.
A Paladin's Decision.
Clash I
Clash II
Clash III
Clash IV
Special Chapter I
Demise
Demise II
A Broken Hero
Conclusion
Tempest's Intro
Announcement for the Rewrite

Special Chapter II

4.4K 89 74
By StaciaPLE

The first event for the Idol Minigames planned by Rigurd was a simple sports tournament. The imbalance was clear, so I decided that I or Milim couldn't use any magic/skills. The other participants were fine to use whatever in their arsenal.

Officiating will be Testarossa, Judges would be Carrera, Rigurd, and Guy...

"—Excuse me what?"

"Hahahaha! I've come to see this spectacle Rimuru, I hope you don't mind me taking a front-row seat."

"Wait hold on a moment, how did you know we were holding an event?" I was honestly baffled how convenient his timing was.

"Intuition."

A simple answer, yet, I couldn't feel any hint of deceit. Are you stalking me, you bastard?!

"Kufufufu, rest not Rimuru-sama, I was the one who invited Guy."

Hearing that, my head immediately turned in a scary way. My facial expression expressing the words, "Why would you do that? Don't you dislike the dude?".

"I do, however, Guy had made a sacrilege comment that I cannot stand. Please allow me this, Rimuru-sama, I want to prove him wrong."

"...If you know what you're doing, then sure."

Honestly, having Guy here would only make me embarrassed. What kind of bet did the two make anyway.

As I was thinking this, a devilish smile between Guy and Diablo appeared when both made eyed contact with one another.

"Hey, Rimuru! Come on, isn't it time yet!"

An excited Milim came over. I suppose it's time to start.

The location Rimuru and co are using is no other than the dome that Milim destroyed just the other day.

Well, with the troublesome things sorted out, I think it's time to start.

***

Things started out with Carrera welcoming everyone and introducing us, the participants. Followed by Rigurd who explained what the events were going to be.

Dodgeball and Baseball.

"Alright! The teams are ready!"

Rimuru & Benimaru

              VS

Milim, Shuna, Shizue.

**DODGEBALL**

"So, how do we go about this, Lord Rimuru?"

Benimaru asked me what to do, to which I replied—

"We'll go full-on offensive, otherwise Milim would just corner us."

"Roger that!"

...For some reason, Benimaru's been all fired up lately. Is it because he gets to participate? Or is that just his competitive nature?

"If the two teams are ready, then, you may start at the count of 3."

"We're ready~!"

"So are we."

Giving each team a ball, Rigurd counts down to three, two, one—

"Begin!"

Without hesitation, Milim immediately sends their ball flying towards Rimuru. However, Rimuru caught it with ease.

"Wa~hahaha, as expected. Something on that level is no match for you, Rimuru."

"Milim, if you lose, don't take it out on me!"

Rimuru throws it back with much force, so much so that a mini-sound barrier being broken was heard.

Milim suddenly had a bright idea, she was reading about a Legendary Panda Warrior with Veldora. One of the warrior's techniques suddenly popped into Milim's head. 

As calm as the wind.

Milim takes an unusual stance.

One with the flow of water.

She swings her arms around in an elegant fashion.

Imagine it Milim, cathing a droplet of water, coursing through your body. Then...

Rimuru's ball was about to hit Milim, until—

"Like I'd let you!"

Milim easily made light of Rimuru's attack, softly and flowingly catching it. Using its momentum, Milim rotates to further increase the impact within the ball, then, she releases it.

The ball was fast enough to make Rimuru struggle to dodge. Knowing it would hit, either way, Rimuru made sure that the ball wouldn't bounce to the ground, eliminating him.

"Benimaru! Catch it!"

"Yes!"

Benimaru jumped in order to catch the ball. During the jump, he noticed an opportunity to strike.

"..?! Wait, Benimaru!"

Benimaru engulfs the ball with dark flames, burning at the air to a rapid degree. The crowd had felt the immense heat radiating from Benimaru's palms.

"Hell Ball!"

Benimaru was in possession of their original ball, as well as the opposing teams. Benimaru shot at Shizue on the far back, way behind Milim. He had pinpoint air view, enough so that it was hard to predict where the balls would hit.

However, what Benimaru forgot was that Shizue and Shuna were able to use magic.

"Tidal Walls!"

Shuna immediately erected a tsunami-like water barrier to slow down the momentum of the ball. Though it did slow it down by a lot, it still had enough force to reach the two.

Just as the ball was going to hit Shuna, Shizue came and caught the balls.

"Phew, just in the nick of time."

After catching the balls, Shizue immediately gives them to Milim. Milim immediately makes a devilish smile.

"W-wait, can we talk about this—"

"Nope~"

Rimuru wanted to save Benimaru, but before he could, a faster-than-the-speed-of-sound ball was coming right towards his face. He caught it, however...

"AAAAAAAHH!!!"

Screaming could be heard from above Rimuru. 

R.I.P Benimaru, you shan't be forgotten!

(A/N: I wrote this while I was in a wheelchair so this turned into Rimuru flexing. I will accept the hate.)

Crap, now it's just me alone against these three. What to do... Ha! As if! Little do they know how much of a champion I was at dodgeball, back in the day.

I'm not losing to a bunch of newbies who only recently learned of the sport! My champion pride shall never allow that!

Rimuru then begins to move around, seemingly getting faster and faster by the second.

"W-what?! What are you doing, Rimuru!"

Baffled, Milim could keep up with Rimuru's movements, its' why she was shocked to see what he was up to.

"Milim-sama, what is Rimuru-sama doing?"

"As she says."

Shuna asked, while Shizue only supported Shuna. The two of them could naturally not follow Rimuru's movements, so, they asked someone who could.

"Well, in my eyes, Rimuru's about to do some kind of big finishing move! It's getting me pumped!"

Indeed she was right, Rimuru was about to end it all with this one attack.

Rimuru running around eventually made hurricane winds, or, strong gusts of winds that knocked Shuna and Shizue off balance.

However, the force that Rimuru used to throw the balls was even greater. Rimuru swang his arms in a roundabout manner so fast that it was a blur, even to Milim's eyes.

Slight fear grew in Milim's eyes. Noticing this, the other two immediately knew what was about to happen.

"Milim, Shuna, Shizue, I'm sorry to do this to the three of you. However, I cannot let my title of Dodgeball champion go to waste, not even here!"

In a slight fraction of a millisecond, Rimuru cock-backed his arms. During that slight moment, the walls and barriers cracked.

"This is my specialty, Milim. Tempest Throw, Storm Ball!"

Rimuru threw the ball. With it, carried so much force that the surrounding wind produced by Rimuru earlier were absorbed. Two flying balls of pure force and wind, moving at a whopping 1000 miles per hour.

Milim tried to catch them, but of course, it was impossible. She wasn't allowed to use magic, plus she couldn't counter such devastating wind pressure, purely generated from Rimuru's raw power in a fraction of a second.

The balls hit Milim, and then Shuna and Shizue. Rimuru had used Ciel's calculations as to where to throw, so no explanation needed for this one.

"And there we have it, folks! The winner is Rimuru Tempest!"

Carrera loudly announced Rimuru's win. The crowd cheering began, seemingly letting out the tension in between the fading smoke.

"O-ow, that kind of stung, Rimuru."

"Ahahaha, sorry, sorry, what else could I have done? If I missed and you got the ball, I would've lost."

"Hehehe, you're right, you were lucky I didn't go for Benimaru first!"

"Speaking off, where'd he go..."

On a faraway lake.

"...H-huh? Where am I... Wait! Where am I really?! Wasn't I supposed to be in a contest?!"

***

Next Chapter: 3-4 days. [Delayed]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

248K 6.4K 39
Rimuru achieved everything which was possible but there is one regret he has in his mind even after the 12 years of the great war that he cant save h...
83.8K 2.5K 17
In this Fanfic Rimuru goes to a World called Ygddrasil (Overlord). He will start from the very bottom as a Slime .. Will he rise again?
38.6K 935 21
What if rimuru came tempest too late from ingrassia. What if rimuru saw his people dead in front of him. What if rimuru went evil. What if stoy didn'...
73.4K 3.4K 31
[IN INDEFINITE HIATUS: Read my profile bio for the summarized detail] Standing alone in the middle of nothingness, he opens his eyes. The world that...