I Don't Wanna Live Like A Bro...

By bmtharemylife

Katherine (Kathy) just moved to Sheffield for Senior year. She is pretty much having to start her life all ov... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Author's Note - I'm So Sorry Guys
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 5

559 21 16
By bmtharemylife

** Oli's P.O.V. **

** Friday **

My alarm clock set off. I woke myself in pain. I tried not to make a sound as I bent over to turn the goddamn thing off. I slowly got out of my bed and went to choose something to wear. I put on a black jacket, some jeans, and some random shoes. Last night my father had punched and kicked me several times. He called me a useless faggot over and over again. He made me think that I was better off dead. Well, what was my use of being here anyway? I have been approached a few times by some guys at school. Luckily they stopped with the verbal abuse. None of them really punched, kicked, spat, pushed, oh wait they did push me a few times against the wall. I had enough of this bullshit. I got my stuff and got out of the house.

As soon as I exited the house I took out a cigarette so I could calm down a bit. I didn't want to arrive at school with my stress at the maximum level. A lot of people at our school smoke, however many of them did it for the heck of time or because all their friends did also. I didn't. I hated myself and since I didn't really wanted to give myself some scars I went to smoking. It helps me calm down for a bit. After a bit I noticed someone familiar. It was Kathy; she was walking to school also. She was a bit in front of me. Wait what? She was smoking? She smokes? Why does she smoke? She's full of friends and she's happy. Then I reminded that almost all of her friends did also. I walked a bit faster so I could catch up with her.

"Hey Kathy. How are you?" I said when I finally arrived at her pace. She seemed surprise to see me and she took of her earphones so she could have listen to me. She gave me a faint smile.

"I'm fine thanks. What about you?" She told me. Something in her voice and face made me think over wise.

"Ehh, I don't complain. So what happened now?" I asked her. She was took off guard.

"What do you mean?" She asked me confused.

"Well, you told me you were fine. Usually well people say 'fine' they're not really ok. They just don't want other people to know so they tell others that they're fine so they won't ask questions. Why are you sad?" I asked her. She took another puff from her cigarette and looked down for a second.

"I don't know really. I just feel... BLEAH. I don't know how to explain it. It's just that I wake up and I feel like this without a reason. I feel like that and it just sticks with me for the rest of the day." She told me. I understood her, I would feel like shit many times without a true reason behind it.

"So, why do you smoke?" I asked her. He shrugged her shoulders.

"It calms me down. At first I used to smoke to keep things off my head and in the mean time it kinda became a habit. Despite that many times I still smoke when I'm stressed or I'm mad or sad so I just forget it and relax a bit. It calms me down. Do you?" She told me. I nodded my head.

"I pretty much have the same reasons of you. I use it to escape whatever my mind was thinking in that moment. I use it to calm me down after whatever thing happened and bothered me a lot. They was a point that I was thinking about... self-harm, however I wanted to try this first. I knew it would kill me still, I had less chance of dying right after doing it than I would have making scars. So yeah..." I looked over and saw her tense up. Maybe saying that wasn't the best thing...

"I'm sorry if I bothered you with what I said." I told her. She shook her head.

"It's ok, don't worry about it. I was wondering, are we friends or something? I mean you change from being a dick and not talking to me to and not wanting anything to do with me to then becoming a really nice guy that wants to become my friend. I'm kinda confused." She told me. Well, I want to be friends with you. But I'm afraid to let you in. I don't want to end up thinking about stuff that will never happen. I don't want you to end up hurting me and then leave me alone like everybody did. In the mean time we arrived to school and her friends were waiting for her.

"I'm sorry about that... how about we try to start over at lunch. Pretend we never met each other and hang out?" I asked her. A smile appeared on her face as she nodded. Well, at least today I wouldn't push her away and stay alone once more.

"Sure, that will be fine with me. I'm going to hang out with Luke and Zahara, see you later." She told me and we hugged. I didn't expect it but then I returned the hug. She let go of me and started walking away. I was able to see Luke staring at me with anger. I just let it go and walked ahead of them.

** Lunch **

I sat down at my usual spot. For once I wasn't going to be alone... I was going to spend my whole lunch with Kathy. This time, I can't push her away. It's my only chance to have any kind of friendship with her. She didn't seem to talk to me because of a dare or a bet. She seemed genuinely interested in me, which was a bit weird. After a bit more of thinking she finally arrived. I automatically smiled at her and she returned it. She took a spot right next to me and let go of her bag. I looked behind me and saw her entire table staring at us in disbelief. I shook my head and concentrated oh her.

"Hello, I'm Oliver Sykes however you can call me Oli. What's your name?" I asked her trying to play the role of 'pretending we never met'. She chuckled and then responded.

"Well, it's nice to meet you Oli. My name is Katherine Sparks but you can call me Kathy." She said and took out her hand. I smiled and shook it.

"May I ask how come a stranger like you came over to my table?" I asked her. She thought for it about a second.

"Well, you see Oli. When I like meeting new people. I don't care if people say that he is a loser or if he is the most popular person in school. I want to first get to know the person and then judge them myself." She told me.

"Well, that's very wise of you Kathy. Although I don't recommend you to go talk to strangers especially during the night and if you're at a club." I told her. She just started laughing.

"I promise I won't. So what do you want to know about me?" She asked. I blurred out the first question that came up to my mind.

"What do you think about tattoos?" I asked her.

"I love tattoos. I can't wait to become 18 so I can get all the tattoos I want. My parents are against it, however it's my life so as soon as I can I will get some. I actually have a whole entire list of tattoos I want to get. Can I ask how many tattoos you have?" She told me. Nicee... she liked tattoos and she wants to get some.

"Um, well I covered my right sleeve, I have a few on the left sleeve and also a few my stomach. I'm planning to get a lot more. I want to cover the whole top section for sure. I also want some on my legs. Where do you want yours?" I told her honestly. She didn't seem grossed out about the idea of a fully tattooed guy. She seemed interested instead.

"That's sound great man. ... I want to cover up both of my sleeves and hands. I want a tattoo behind each ear, some on my rib cage, one on my back and some on my legs. The thing is I chose every single tattoo for a specific reason, well for almost all of them. They are like maybe two or three that I want just because I find them really cool. Most a them will have a meaning behind it." She said. I smiled as she pointed at all the places she wanted ink. Maybe I should tell her that there is a place that they can give her a tattoo even without her parent's agreement... I think she will like it.

"Hey, I see you're really into them. I just wanted to let you know that there is a tattoo shop not that far away that can give you one even though your parents don't want to. That's where I always go there." Her eyes widen. She hugged me and I hugged her back.

"I would love to go there, just not right away. Let's just wait a few months. I want to fully get settled in and wait for when my parents will give me more freedom and yeah. Thanks for telling me though." She said.

"So what music do you like? Please don't tell me you're into Taylor Swift or artists like her." I asked her. She started laughing.

"Um, I think you mistaken me for another person. Haven't you seen the shirts I have been wearing on these past few days?" She asked me. I honestly shook my head. She just sighed.

"Well, I'm really into Suicide Silence, Of Mice And Men, Sleeping With Sirens, Pierce The Veil, Black Veil Brides, Asking Alexandria, You Me At Six, The Devil Wears Prada, Architects, Motionless In White, Parkway Drive, Linkin Park and many more other bands. Yeah I'm very into bands if you haven't noticed..." A huge smiled grew on my face. She loved pretty much all the bands I love.

"Wow, I didn't expect you to be into that kind of music? Still that's fucking awesome. You're one of the few girls who not only didn't get disgusted by my music choice but also loves it. You know what? I'm starting to like you. You deserve a fucking medal." I almost screamed. She started laughing instead.

"Well, I'm fucking special I do deserve a medal. Also I mean c'mon who wouldn't love somebody like me? I mean just look at me!" She responded. I started laughing.

"I see someone is a bit full of herself..." I said. She shook her head.

"Who? Me? You got to be kidding." She told me. I had to admit, she was better than what I first expected. She's funny, kind, loves my same music, tattoo lover and also very cute... Oh god Oli what are you thinking? She will never like you. You can't fall for her. It's already some kind of miracle if she is hanging out with you. I mean why would she ever like you? I shook my head to try and erase the thoughts. Kathy looked at me confused.

"Uh, I'm sorry kinda got lost in my thoughts." I told her. I looked around to see the cafeteria almost empty. I guess it was already time to go. We both looked at each other and understood that it was better to go to class.

"Hey Oli, I just wanted to say that I had really good time with you. See you on monday?" She asked and I nodded. She got closer and hugged me. I smiled and lightly blushed while I hugged her back. She let go and we both went to our classes.

** After School **

I was walking home when I noticed people following me. I didn't bother to look back, I turned the volume up and started walking a bit faster. I was hoping that the higher the music the less I would think about whoever was behind me. However after like 10 seconds I couldn't help it, I looked back to see a group of about 5-6 guys. They were saying something but thanks to the volume of my music covered their voices. I turned back and walked a bit faster. I knew that they wouldn't stop. Even if I ran they would have catched up, I turned around to actually see who they were. I noticed they were Luke's friends. Great, I thought to myself. I took off my earphones and heard them scream.

"Hey faggot! Where do you think you're going?" The guys in the middle said.

"Faggot? Oh you calling your friend? Look man he is on your right if you haven't noticed." I spat back. His face got angrier as he came closer.

"What the fuck are you trying to do? Trying to act cool and brave?" He said as he finally reached me and his friends positioned themselves around me.

"Me? Nothing, I was just walking home. It's not my fault that you dicks have nothing better to do." I said. I knew I should remain silent, yet that didn't really work out with me.

"Listen faggot! You ain't nobody! You're weak as fuck." he said as he pushed me to the guy behind me. That guy pushed me and I was starting to be pushed around.

"Listen, can I just go home? I'm tired and I don't really want to listen to your shit." I told them.

"Did you guys hear this emo? He's wants to go back home. Let's have some fun now. Hey can I see where you cut yourself?" He said as he grabbed my arm to move my sleeves to remain disappointed to see a clean arm.

"I don't for a matter of fact. You got the wrong guy you stupid asshole." I told him. He punched me in the face. I fell backwards and moaned in pain.

"Oh shut up faggot! You're fucking useless! I mean look at yourself!" He said as the other guys started to kick me.

"Oh and that girl that was hanging out with you at lunch. You really think she will be yours? Don't you realize that she is doing that because of a fucking bet. She's too good for you. Who would be with some stupid emo?" He said to me and the others laughed while kicking me. Those words hurt me. Was it possible? Was it that what he was saying was true?

"Don't you get it? No one wants to hear you. No one wants to see you. You just a fucking waste of space Sykes. Why don't you just go kill yourself." He kept saying as he joined the others in the kicking me. I couldn't do anything but feel every kick hurting my body.

"I think we had enough fun for today. Bye emo. See you on monday." He said and the group left. I slowly got up and continued my way back home.

** I hope you guys liked the chapter. Well, when I was writing this chapter I was listening to a YouTube mix and "Go To Hell, For Heaven's Sake" comes up and then Oli sang those lines. My eyes widen and I was like: OMG! I really need to add this now! So I have to thank YouTube's perfect timing. It has been about a week that I keep going to sleep like at 3 - 4 A.M. because I keep reading fanfictions all night. Feel free to give me any kind of advice **

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 206 29
('Must Be 18 Or Over To Enter' is one of the titles, not a warning) Kylie has questions. She has so many questions - all valid - but Oliver isn't pla...
372K 7.3K 52
Brodie and Oli have been separated for six months. Brodie's been trying to get on with her life back in America. She had a job, a new apartment, and...
11.8K 179 17
Oliver Sykes: Frontman for Bring Me The Horizon, founder of 'Drop Dead' clothing, hero. Oliver seems happy on the outside. The way he interacts with...
353K 12.6K 30
On the outside, Adena Serre looks like an average highschooler. But on the inside she's broken. Because of her hidden secrets, she shut's off the wor...