Animal

By DucksFan1015

Mike Shinoda moves to Agoura Hills for the last two years of high school. He meets up with a couple new frien... More

Animal
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 9

818 38 8
By DucksFan1015

Chapter 9

Chester shot up and started pulling on his clothes quickly, “Stay here. Don’t come out. Stay here. I’ll be right back.”

          Mike frowned but watched Chester leave the room.

          “Coming dad!”

          Mike pulled on his clothes and then peaked out the door. He couldn’t see them since they were downstairs but he heard them.

          “Why are you all dressed up?”

          “Dance was tonight. I told you. You said you weren’t supposed to be home until tomorrow,” Chester replied.

          “Well I came back early. Why? Are you hiding something from me? Didn’t bring one of those faggots home did you?”

          “No,” Chester said quietly. Mike choked back a sob. Chester’s father had basically just called his son a faggot. What was up?

          “Oh and I came in through the garage. Great job scratching up the Camaro you shit. Since when are you allowed to drive that?”

          Mike’s eyes widened and he felt more tears fill his eyes. How could someone’s parent do that to a boy? Especially someone like Chester.

          “I’m sorry. I don’t know how it got scratched. I don’t drive it,” Chester said softly.

          “Like hell you don’t. You leave the keys out all the time.”

          Mike heard some strange noises and then something shattered. There was a loud crash and Chester screamed. Mike bit down hard on his knuckle to keep himself from running down the stairs. Chester wanted him up here.

          “I don’t drive it. Something must’ve rubbed on it in the garage. I swear I don’t drive it,” Chester said.

          “Don’t lie to me. You’ve already lied about bringing another one home. I see his shoes out there. How many is that now? One hundred and six? Do we need to add another tally?”

          “No one’s here. I swear. They were mine. I couldn’t decide which ones to wear.”

          “You are just pathetic. You’re a sorry excuse for a human being.”

          He heard Chester whimper again and then he couldn’t do it anymore. He ran down the stairs. “Stop hurting him!”

          Chester gasped from where he was stuck in his dad’s grip. There was glass shattered on the floor. Chester was bleeding from his arm and his jacket was on the floor. Glass was sticking out of his arm.

          “Mike, go! Get out of here,” Chester managed. Mike stared at him. How could he leave him here?

          “Stop hurting him!” he repeated. Chester struggled in his dad’s grip and then his dad sighed.

          “So this is who you brought back with you? You know what you are kid? You’re just another mark in his book. He doesn’t give two shits. You want to see?”

          Chester struggled harder, “No. No please. Mike leave. Get out!”

          Mike wanted to leave. He wanted to run. But he couldn’t leave Chester. His dad turned Chester away from him and lifted up the back of his shirt. In the middle of his back, Mike saw a ton of tally marks marked with ink. They were tattooed into his skin.

          “You’re just another tally mark he gets to add. Another person he brought home.”

          He shoved Chester to the ground and the boy dropped into the pile of glass, “Go drop him at home.”

          As soon as he left, Mike was by Chester’s side. The boy was lying in a pile of glass shards. He attempted to push himself up and then moaned in pain as the glass made its way into his hand.

          “Hang on, Chester, let me pick you up,” Mike said. Chester let Mike lift him up and then they walked to the door. Chester grabbed his keys in the hand that hadn’t been pierced by glass. They got into the car and drove back to Mike’s house. Chester wouldn’t look at him. Mike sighed as they pulled up to his house. Chester unlocked the door.

          “Go home Mike. I’ll see you Monday,” Chester said. Mike slowly got out of the car. He shut the door and looked at the boy sitting in the car. He was hurting. He couldn't let him go back to that house. He’d be hurt again. Mike walked over to the driver’s side and opened the door.

          “You’re coming home with me tonight. I’ll make you feel better,” he said. Chester stared up at him before taking his hand and climbing out of the car. He wrapped his arm around Chester’s waist and helped the boy up the stairs to the door. He had glass in his leg as well. The poor guy. Mike opened the door.

          “Mom! Come here please!” he called. Chester leaned heavily on him.

          “Oh my god. What happened!?” his mom asked as she led them into the living room and made Chester sit down on the couch.

          “He got in a fight. Some people were picking on me and he got in a fight with them. They pushed him over a table and he landed in glass.”

          “Ok. We’ll fix you right up sweetie,” she said and Chester nodded shakily. Mike sat next to him and held onto his hand tightly. Chester didn’t make a sound during the whole process. The glass was removed from his hand, leg, back, arm, and the cut on the side of his head was bandaged. When it was done, Chester stood shakily.

          “I guess I’ll be going…..I’ve wasted enough of your time.”

          “Chester….you can’t honestly think that,” Mike said quietly taking Chester’s hand and leading him to his room. “I’m not letting you go back there.”

          Chester followed him into his room and then Mike made him lay down. Chester looked over at him.

          “Can’t I at least hold you?” he asked. Mike grinned at him.

          “Stop trying to play dominant with me. You’re injured, you get held. That’s how it works. You can hold me tomorrow.”

          Chester sighed but nodded. Mike wrapped his arm around Chester’s waist and pulled him against him. He smiled when Chester turned around and cuddled into his chest.

          “Mike…….I think I love you,” Chester whispered. Mike looked down at the boy in his arms. Had he just said what he thought he’d said?

          “I love you too Chester. Ever since I met you in that bathroom.”

          “Really? After what you saw…..”

          “That doesn’t change my opinion of you at all.”

          “Thank you Mike. Thank you for being there for me tonight.”

          “I’d do anything for you.”

          Chester sighed and leaned against him again, “How’d you do it?”

          “What?”

          “How’d you get me like this?”

          “I had a little help. My friend gets gossip about you all the time. He just put together a plan. He’ll be happy. He won’t owe me twenty dollars.”

          Chester laughed softly, “Why?”

          “I’m with you aren’t I?”

          “We’re together?” Chester asked softly.

          “If you want to be.”

          “Cool. I want to be with you.”

          “Now get some sleep. You must be tired.”

          “I am. I haven’t slept well.”

          “Why not?”

          “I was dreaming about you,” Chester said softly with a smile on his face as he let his head fall into the crook of his neck, “Ever since I saw you, I had dreams about you, about us.”

          Mike smiled and held onto the boy tighter. He loved him. He couldn’t wait until Monday when he could walk into lunch with Chester holding onto his hand. He’d managed to tame the animal as Dave would say. Chester was his now. He smiled at the thought and he saw Chester’s breathing even out. The thin boy had fallen asleep next to him. There was a quiet knock on the door before it opened. Mike smiled at his mom.

          “Hi mom,” he whispered.

          “Is he asleep?”

          “Mhm. Just fell asleep a few minutes ago.”

          “He’s a keeper Mike. You should really make it work with him. I approve,” she smiled at him. Mike grinned as he looked down at Chester again. His mom was right. Chester was perfect.

          “I’ll try as hard as I can. I think he wants a relationship too.”

          “Good luck with him.”

          “Thanks mom,” he said and then the door shut. He watched Chester shift in his sleep and then his hand was around Mike’s waist. He didn’t care anymore. He was too happy to be here with the boy he’d fallen for only five days ago. He kissed Chester’s hair softly before closing his eyes and waiting for the morning which had to be fun with Chester around.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38K 1.2K 42
Chester and Mike have been reunited five years after high school and with everything going crazy, they’ve found it hard to keep together. Mike promis...
35.4K 1.1K 42
Chester’s a nervous wreck. Mike is always in his thoughts. His band members are keeping secrets from him and Mike is gone. He can’t sleep at night. H...
2.6K 112 8
[finished] Mike and Chester are at their honeymoon in Berlin. Chester likes to tease his husband and at the same time Mike discovers a strange fetish...
5.4K 375 18
Chester is dealing with past issues. Does he need help or will he make it on his own? **My first story in English. It has some grammar issues, as we...