Chasing December (#wattyaward...

By lalamusicisme

There was something about him. Or maybe there was something about me. I didn't want him in my life but he ran... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: As Cute As A Baby's Sneeze
Chapter 2: Serve You With a Side of Eggs
Chapter 3: Lysol; Incase I Have to Take Some Eyes Out
Chapter 4: We Can Make Our Own Later
Chapter 5: What Are You Doing Out So Late?
Chapter 6: I Drool Looking At You With Clothes On
Chapter 7: All Is Fair In Fighting, Except Weapons
Chapter 8: If You Want Me Just Ask
Chapter 9: Killed The 'He's A Heartthrob' Emotion
Chapter 10: Curiosity Killed The Cat
Chapter 11: It's Simple Arithmetic
Chapter 12: You Like Watching Me Sleep Or Something?
Chapter 13: Your Lips Are Dry
Chapter 14: Like In The Movies
Chapter 15: Accidents Cause People
Chapter 16: Ranger Toto
Chapter 17: Anatomy Has No Time Code
Chapter 18: Probably Give Me Rabies
Chapter 19: You Want To Touch It Then Be My Guest
Chapter 20: Not Stay Up While You Try To Seduce Me
Chapter 21: Leave A Girl Thirstier Than the Sahara
Chapter 22: A Bull That Sees Red
Chapter 23: Create A Nudist Colony
Chapter 24: Shirtless and Mouthwatering
Chapter 25: My Birthday Suit For Your Birthday
Chapter 26: I'm Not Getting Naked
Chapter 27: Where Do Babies Come From?
Chapter 28: You Were From Two Different Worlds
Chapter 29: Paths Along the Constellations
Chapter 30: Never Ending Game Of Tug-O-War
Chapter 31: Valentine's Day Love Child
Chapter 33: V-Card for V-day And Your B-Day
Chapter 34: Pretty Sure You're Hot Now
Chapter 35: I'm the Bunny & I Hurt the Snake
Chapter 36: The Bad Guys Always Pay
Chapter 37: Like Such A Damsel
Chapter 38: I Got You December
Epilogue
Deleted Scenes/Drafts/Songs/Extras

Chapter 32: Either Come Closer Or Get Out

54.3K 2K 460
By lalamusicisme

Chapter 32:  Either Come Closer Or Get Out or She Knows 911

As some of you may know I was doing my last research paper of my high school career and it had to be 8-10. It took me a while because I didn't enjoy it. But here's a chapter! I'll be introducing the new story options next chapter! Sorry this reads a little odd, I'm just getting back into the flow of writing. Next chapter I will be introducing new stories for you guys to choose which one I do next!

COMMENT AND VOTE!!!!!

"What did my fingers do before they held him? What did my heart do, with its love?"-Sylvia Plath

“Love heals. Heals and liberates. I use the word love, not meaning sentimentality, but a condition so strong that it may be that which holds the stars in their heavenly positions and that which causes the blood to flow orderly in our veins.”-Maya Angelou

"Love seeketh not itself to please, nor for itself hath any care, but for another gives its ease, and builds a Heaven in Hell's despair."-William Blake  

December’s Pov.(Not edited)

"Hunter I—" he cut me off before I could get anything out. He turned his body away and let out a big gust of breath, looking up towards the sky.

"Please don’t." His face looked the epitome if pain. It was contorted as if my next words would pierce his skin.

"Don't? Don't what?" I asked looking him in the eye. I was confused on what he was talking about. He didn't even know what I was going to say. I pulled his hand with my own and turned him to look at me, but he couldn’t even make eye-contact.

"Just don't December. Don't waste it."

"Well too late then idiot, because I love you if it wasn't already noticeable." I rolled my eyes, not even worrying about his sour attitude. The way he felt about the ‘love’ subject wasn’t going to change my mind and as far as I’m concerned it wasn’t going to make me love him less.

"Cem—”

"Hunter I'm not asking you to marry me or anything. And I don't need you to say it back."

"But don't girls usually want that?" He sounded so helpless as if I was going to disappear just because of him not returning the words. And that's what helped me make up my mind truly. That showed me that he loved me, because with me he was vulnerable. He wanted me, and that’s enough. You can't ask too much of people you love.

Yes, to love and be loved is a comforting feeling but some people show love in ways that are non-verbal.

Sometimes you can show love without actually saying the words.

"I know you Hunter. I understand your views on it. But I needed you know that I feel that way about you because I'm ready."

"December you don't have to want this just because it’s my birthday." His mouth frowned and his eyebrows were bent in concern.

"Trust me, I didn't give it to you other holidays and this one is no different. I'm not saying it has to be now. But I'm just letting you know that once we start, I'm not stopping you."

The gang and I decided to all pitch in and take a cooking class; although Hunter didn't really need them. That boy knew his way around the kitchen; just another thing to make him attractive.

Hunter was still convalescent and although I didn’t notice it before, now I do. It wasn't physically but it definitely was mentally. I understood that, I understand him now. He changed me in ways that are positive despite the negative that I was made to believe about him.

I’m not expecting my Uncle or anyone to change their views on Hunter because their opinions didn’t matter to me. I don’t care what they have to say or what they think because this was my life and Hunter for as long as time allows would be mine.

Being in love made me feel coruscant. It felt like I abnegated all my fears and feelings of possible dismay and just threw caution to the wind. It gave me a new ardor to where I feel like I don't need common energy to survive anything.

I felt *tarantism. He was the petrichor in Southern California. He was a pleasantry no matter how I felt at first.

It was a scary thought to be filled with such passion but it struck me vehemently with lightning; quicker than I let the thoughts invade.

It was like a horse's estrapade. I fought for control of what was inevitable; the chasing that he did, my running, only to be caught.

"What did I do to deserve you?" Hunter asked more himself than anyone else and his hand slid slowly along my back before he pulled me to him abruptly. That alone was enough to bring Goosebumps along my skin and ignite a fire in my heart.

"I'm nothing special. But with you I feel that way."

Then we looked at each other and burst out laughing “That was way too cheesy huh?”

“Definitely,” I laughed pulling myself closer to his body and looking up at him.

***

“Are you guys sure about this? I know for sure Tristan can cook but I’ve never seen you cook anything but Chef Boyardee and you burned that.” Hunter directed his attention to Reylor who glared at him.

“If I’m following directions then it couldn’t be that difficult you poop-head.” She then stormed into the store followed by her brother and everyone else quickly shuffled behind them.

The teacher had thick accent and I’m pretty sure they were from Spain but I couldn’t be too sure.

“We are making Empanada de Manzana, now wash hands and sit.” She could see our and the other’s in the class’s looks of confusion.

“Spanish pie,” She said rolling her eyes and looked through the ingredients on our tables in front of us. I could see Reylor’s concentration face and Peter next to her looking constipated.

Hunter scooted his seat closer to mine and wrapped his arms around me preparing to cook with me in his arms. I laughed and leaned back in to him.

Cj and Jeremy were already arguing about how the dough should look and Tristan and Anna were steadily working away.

After we got everything in the bowl and the dough was ready Hunter still had his arms around me and his head buried in my neck.

“You have to roll the dough harder March,” He told me encouragingly. He placed his hands around mine and we did it together. From an outsider—or even me before we were a couple, I would’ve had said that kind of stuff made me sick. But when Hunter did it, I didn’t seem to mind it as much. I might as well enjoy the relationship instead of fighting it all the time.

“Don’t get any of mooshy in the food,” The Latina Chef scolded in her thick accent and whispered something in Spanish that I didn’t catch.

“Dude you ruined the apples!” Anna screeched mad that Tristan scorched the apple crisps.

“Well you made the dough lumpy and without much sugar.”

“Shut up!” Jeremy called out throwing a piece of dough their way but they dodged it and it hit Reylor in the face.

“Oh it’s on,” Reylor let out a war scream before launching globs of dough and apples at the boys.

Now because of their skills it made it so much harder to fight and dodge back. Hunter and I were crawling behind the counter apple chunks flying over head. It was like a food war-zone even having the others in the class join in.

Hunter and I were laughing throwing chunks back and forth until the chef stepped back into the kitchen area. The cachinnation faded to background noise and merely became a susurrus of nothings as Hunter kissed me with smears of apple on his face.

“OUT! Adolescentes estúpidos se saldrán mi tienda, ahora. (Spanish: Stupid teens leave my store now).”

We were kicked out of the store immediately and we didn’t even get to finish our food. But I'm pretty sure Hunter still enjoyed his birthday.

“Soo, are you and Hunter partaking in some birthday sex?” Reylor asked and Anna started humming birthday sex by Jeremih.

“You guys are annoying. No.”

“Well what kind of birthday is this then? And it’s Valentine’s Day on top of that? Shouldn’t you hop on top of that?” Reylor then laughed at her innuendo.

“Reylor,” I admonished. I was just glad Hunter’s mom wasn’t around while we’re touchy, Hunter would be florid and I’d be mortified.

“She wasn’t the only one thinking it,” Tristan admitted with a shrug and everyone let out a chorus of agreements.

“Why are you guys so obsessed with this topic?”

“Because we have a bet going on, of course” Tristan replied and I glared at him.

“Tristan,” everybody complained because I guess he told a secret. Like I’ve always said, Tristan was way too honest for his own good.

“You guys are weirdos I swear.”

“My birthday isn’t that special of a day anyway. I have to share it with such a stupid holiday and my mom being all teary on me.” Hunter sighed his shoulders slouching and head slightly titled back.

***

"Mm, Hunter its cold. Either come closer or get out." I mumbled my eyes still closed burying my head deeper into the pillow.

"Hunter?" My eyes popped open at my mom's voice and I shot out of my sleeping position. "Thinking about that cute boy huh?" She winked, "Don’t worry, that's normal; especially when they look like him." She finished getting my laundry and walking out of the room with the basket on her hip. I ran my hand over my face and waited for Hunter to appear out of nowhere like he always did, but when he didn’t I pouted a little. After taking a shower I noticed a note on my desk.

I know you miss me… because who wouldn’t? But anyway I had to go watch Muse and you were too deep in sleep so I didn’t want to wake you. So come to my house? X Hunter’

I knew for sure it was Hunter’s note because of the way it was written. I hurriedly put on clothes and tied my curly hair into a bun not wanting to be bothered it with it. Hunter like the way I looked regardless. I skipped down the stairs and waved to my mom on my way to the door.

“December WAIT!” My dad rushed out getting out of his seat. I didn’t even know they were back until my mom came in my room.

“Yeah?”

“Where are you going? You’ve been awful busy lately.”

“I—well, I have more friends now dad and we’ve been hanging out at different places.”

“Yeah I remember meeting them. But I remember meeting one boy in particular many more times than the others.” He folded the newspaper he was reading on the side of arm and tucked it.

“Dad?” I questioned not knowing where he was going with this or at least hoping he wasn’t going where I thought he was.

“We want Hunter to come to dinner!”

“That’s a great idea Honey!” My mom called out from inside the kitchen cutting some oranges.

“I don’t know if that’s a good idea—I mean Hunter’s probably not going to want to do that.” I skipped around not wanting Hunter to come into a run in with my Uncle.

“Oh your Uncle won’t be there to give him the third degree, don’t worry. We made sure to pick a day where he has a shift in downtown L.A. so he won’t be here.” My mom tried to wave away my discretion.

“I’ll ask him but I don’t think he’ll accept the offer.” I turned to walk out the door once again but not before my dad called out the day.

“Tomorrow at 7!”

I thought this idea of their lacked sagacity but it didn’t really matter what I thought. It was either I ask or they would do it themselves and I couldn’t face that embarrassment. Peter and Jeremy wouldn’t let me live past it.

I hurriedly trekked through the neighborhood eager to see Muse and Hunter. I skipped merrily to their door and knocked waiting for him to answer.

When he answered shirtless I finally thought to ask about his tattoo. “What’s that say?”

He pulled me against his chest and looked down at me with lustful gaze. “It says uh”

“It says?”

“Stop biting your lip then I could concentrate.” He closed his eyes to focus his thoughts again.

“It says ‘No Better Version of Me I Could Be Tonight.’ And under it says ‘Heaven is so close to Hell’.”

“Interesting,” I whispered tracing my finger over his tattoo covered muscle on his arm.

“Don’t do that,” He replied pained. “Muse is here and I would much rather not leave my 5 year old sister out here alone while I lock you in my room and make you scream out my name. She knows 911, she might call the cops.”

“Hunter you’re so nasty,” I laughed pushing him away and walking into the house.

Muse was in her normal place, in front of the television with a couple of dolls to keep her company. Toto was on top of the couch watching her, with his head placed on his paws. Hunter and I quickly sat next to him, and Toto placed his head on my lap. I massaged his head calmly while finally focusing on what we were watching.

We were watching The Road to El Dorado, which to me was honestly and underrated movie.

“Oh, uhm so my mom wanted to know if you wanted to come to dinner at 7 tomorrow. Honestly I told her that you wouldn’t be up to it. And I don’t blame you because—”

“Yeah I’ll be there.” That stopped my rambling and I just stared at him.

“You do know we’ll be sitting down to dinner with my Mom and Dad right?” I was just trying to make sure he knew what he was signing himself up for.

“Yeah, chill out Cem. It’ll be fine.” He was very nonchalant about the whole ordeal while I was practically stressing myself out. I have no idea why my parents are so invested in this anyway.

“If you say so,” I started to pay attention to the movie but after a while Hunter started kissing down the side of my face and my giggles were definitely annoying Muse because she glared.

“Stop laughing! Nothing funny ‘s happen in the movie” She pouted a little before turning her head back to the screen.

Hunter kept at his lip assault before we were rudely interrupted by an “Aww how cute.”

Hunter tensed up as quickly as possible and turned to glare at his brother who was standing at the side of the couch we were sitting on.

“What are you doing here Ryan?” His arm was clenching so hard I could see his veins. He needed to chill out or he’d pop a vessel.

“Oh, is that any way to greet your brother? Am I going to get officially introduced to your girlfriend?” The look on his face was carefree as if he didn’t mind Hunter’s attitude towards him and didn’t expect anything to happen.

“We’re way past that point by now. Now what the fuck are you doing here?”

“I came home to see mom, but she’s obviously now here.  But I mean it’s still a win because I get to see my greatest cultivation.” That struck me. I hated how he referred to Hunter as a project like a precocious baby pet that he forced his views on.

“Then leave.” Hunter forcefully growled. I held onto his arm which he probably took as being afraid when really I did it so he wouldn’t do anything impetuous and wind up in more trouble than he needed to.

“Calm down little brother, I just want to have a little conversation. Besides is this any way to talk around our little sister.” Ryan said with a fake hurt tone. He caught my worried glance and winked at me. That set Hunter into overdrive causing him to start to shake a little bit with his words.

“You’re bullshitting us and you know it. Muse knows I don’t like you.”

“Ouch that hurts.” He grabbed his chest and shook his head laughing. “So did he tell you any of the secrets yet? I mean he’s obviously in love with you, so you should know.”

“Ryan,” Hunter warned. He glanced at me for a second but I could see the loss of focus on where he was and who he was with. “I’m not—I’m not in love.”

I won’t lie and say I didn’t feel a little uncomfortable when he said those words out loud. Like yeah I prepare myself not to hear him say it back, but to hear him say that he didn’t out loud, hurt a lot. I was ready to go home, honestly.

A slow smirk slithered onto his evil face. “Oh, okay.” Then I realized what he was doing so I shoved some of my hurt feelings away. This was part of Ryan’s manipulation. He wanted to see in what areas he still had control over Hunter and I could tell.

It was one of those things that still haunt Hunter about his brother’s control over him. He must have been the one to tell him love wasn’t real. Hunter was pushed back forth with one person in his ear telling him to not believe in it.

“Well, okay. Bye Muse!” Ryan called out walking towards the door. He was carefree and even started to whistle.

“Bye Ry-Ry,” she squealed happily, before going back to her movie.

But Hunter and I were left in an uncomfortable silence. I nibbled on my top lip and he picked at his shorts. I started to get up so that I could go, because I was a little enervated at this point. I needed to be at home alone. To wallow in sadness, cry, I don’t know. I just needed some time to myself.

“August?” Hunter

“I’m fine Hunter. I should just head home now. I’ll see you tomorrow, yeah?”

“Cem—”

“Hunter, I said it was done. Now drop it.” I petted Toto and hugged Muse before Hunter walked me to the door.

We both paused for a minute before both opening our mouths to speak at the same time and closing them again.

“Soo yeah.” I muttered lamely before I kissed him on the cheek softly and walking away. I glanced back to see him looking at the ground with some sort of regretful look in his eye? Could have just been guilt for not returning the sentiment. But I knew what I was signing up for so I shouldn't be so hurt.

But that didn’t make the feeling go away. I knew I would be over it in time though. I had bigger worries. Like this disaster that this dinner would be.

*tarantism-a mania characterized by an uncontrollable impulse to dance (If you google you will get another definition)

Are you for real? Are you yessing me to death? You get my humor and baby, I'm amazed. Yeah, this must be my day. Oh, you're too good lookin'. There must be something wrong./'Cause you're a little bit too nice I look a little bit like hell 'Cause I'm a little overtired And I'm a little overwhelmed. And you're a little bit too late/And it's a little bit too soon. And I'm a little bit too strange for somebody like you walk over me.Oh, it feels a little bit too right. So I know it must be wrong. I wanna take you home tonight. But I'm trying to be strong. And I will never lie to you. And your secrets I will keep. Oh, you're just a little bit like me. Think you're a little bit too smart. I'm a little weary, so please don't break my heart.-Dirtie Blonde(Amie Miriello), Walk Over Me

Or try Brand New by Amie Miriello!! (She's in a new band called The Great Escape now if you were wondering.)

What do you think about Ryan's appearance? Hunter's reaction on the L word at the beginning disappoint you? What about when he said that he didnt love her to Ryan? How do you think the dinner will go?

By the names alone which story do you think will be my next. Skartlet and Carson or Korali and Jordan(Gage?) Christian and Nolli? Cassie and Blake?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

237K 4.6K 47
"I love you" she says and kisses my jaw tenderly. "I love you too baby" I reply stroking her still damp hair. We were sat in a dirty McDonald's car p...
181K 4.7K 33
Skylar and Damon are two different kind of people. Damon is a player and Skylar is a good girl. She isn't an innocent girl like most may expect but s...
85.7K 1.9K 12
"We shouldn't be doing this." I croaked, torn between my inner voice of reason, and the irresistible desire that had been building up within. In deni...
184K 5.7K 15
Disclaimer: this book ended up being more fluffy than smutty coz I lost inspo...I'm sorry πŸ₯ΊπŸ‘‰πŸΎπŸ‘ˆπŸΎ MORE IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: this book is a mess...