Vantage || Hwang Hyunjin

By youngNfreeAstronAut

•Destined Souls series• Book 1 Two Souls are destined to be together through all lifetimes, and their story... More

~Chapter 1.~
~Chapter 2~
~Chapter 3~
~Chapter 4~
~Chapter 5~
~Chapter 6~
~Chapter 7~
~Chapter 8~
~Chapter 9~
~Chapter 10~
~Chapter 11~
~Chapter 12~
~Chapter 13~
~Chapter 14~
~Chapter 15~
~Chapter 16~
~Chapter 17~
~Chapter 18~
~Chapter 19~
~Chapter 20~
~Chapter 21~
~Chapter 22~
~Chapter 23~
~Chapter 24~ Long chapter (⚠️ish)
~Chapter 25~
~Chapter 26~
~Chapter 27~ Their Story pt. 1
~Chapter 28~ Their Story pt. 2
~Chapter 29~ Their Story pt.3
~Chapter 30~ Their Story pt. 4
~Chapter 31~
~Chapter 32~
~Chapter 33~
~Chapter 34~
~Chapter 35~
~Chapter 36~
~Chapter 37~
~Chapter 38~
~Chapter 39~
~Chapter 40~
~Chapter 41~ Long chapter ⚠️🔞
~Chapter 42~
~Chapter 43~
Author note✨Please read
~Chapter 44~
~Chapter 46~
~Chapter 47~
~Chapter 48~
~Chapter 49~
~Chapter 50~
~Chapter 51~
~Chapter 52~
Author note~ please read🥰👀
~Chapter 53~
~Chapter 54~
~Chapter 55~
~Chapter 56~
~Chapter 57~
~Chapter 58~
~Chapter 59~
~Chapter 60~ 🔞ish
~Chapter 61~
~Chapter 62~
~Chapter 63~
~Chapter 64~
~Chapter 65~
• Epilogue •
Photobook is out✨
⚠️Notice⚠️

~Chapter 45~

1.4K 87 28
By youngNfreeAstronAut

"Hyunjin...?"

"Aeri."

"What do you want?" I asked dryly.

"Can I come in?"

"Fine". I moved away making space for him to do so. He sat on the couch, a worried face showed up on him. He did look different, although it has been only a year and a half. He doesn't look like the school kid anymore.

"Well? Talk." I urged him. 

"First of all, I want to apologize for my behavior back there. I was...triggered. I didn't mean to say those things to you, when I haven't even done anything either."

I sighed, sitting in front of him.

"It's fine, don't worry."

"Seriously, I'm so sorry."

"Is that all?"

"Well, no. I figure you know why did I come back-"

"Yeah you're getting married." I tried my best not to show any emotions, but my heart was killing me.

"...yeah, I am."

"So?"

"I just... wanted to tell you properly in person."

"I saw it before on social media, but don't worry, thank you for telling me yourself." Words were harder to pronounce by the second. An awkward silence invaded the room for a few moments, but he broke it again.

"I brought you this." He handed me a small bag. I hesitated at first, looking at him and at the bag several times, and took it. I opened it, and it was his half of the shell.

"I don't know how, but it appeared again in my desk. Felix told me you returned it to the sea, so I have no idea of what happened."

"Where's the pearl?" I looked at him a bit scared.

"It's in there, too. I just couldn't make it stay inside it's hole."

I checked the inside of the bag, and there it was. I was very relieved, actually.

"Thank you, for bringing it back. I'm sorry it didn't work, I don't know why. I'll make sure to really return it this time, I'll fix this, I swear."

"Thanks, Aeri. I wish I could help more, but I have schedules-"

"It's fine, you have a wedding to organize, don't worry about me." I tried smiling a bit.

"Ah..." he slightly laughed, but it seemed painful. "You're right."

After another silence, I broke it this time.

"Well, y-you should get going, I'm visiting my parents today so I need to hurry with this shell matter."

"You're heading to your parents house?"

"Yup."

"I'm also heading to my house, so, if you want you can come with u-"

"Thanks, but I'm fine, I'll drive, don't worry."

"Oh, okay." He stood up, making his way back to the door, I followed behind him, looking at the floor. My heart was beating fast, but out of pain. Hyunjin being back, but for such a purpose as marriage, hurt me a lot I must say. He suddenly stopped, making me stop abruptly too. I just looked at him, confused.

He turned around, and grabbed my cheeks, and my heart froze, a million butterflies in my stomach. He was just staring at me, his eyes pierced mine, as if he wanted to tell me a million things, but couldn't.

"I'm sorry... Aeri."

"F-for what?"

"For all. For everything that's happened to you because of me, starting with the day I disturbed you at the beach. None of this would've happened if it wasn't for that."

"I already told you I actually felt grateful for that day, don't apologize."

"I'm sorry I'm getting married."  His words kept sounding as if he was extremely hurt, and beyond pain, I felt curious. He still held my face, I missed the feeling of his touch.

"Hyunjin...do you...not want to marr-"

"I have to do it, Aeri. It's for my mom, for what she worked so hard for."

I actually couldn't find words to reply with. I wanted to tell him to fuck everything, as he clearly wasn't sure about doing it, but the fact that her mother was the reason, made me feel out of place to ask him or question his actions. By now, I felt a knot in my throat, and I felt how my eyes were staring to tear up.

"Aeri, please move on from me."

"What?"

"I will cherish what we had back then. But now, I need to do this, I need to get married, it's for the company's good."

I tried the hardest not to let any tear run down, but it was hard.

"Isn't there...another way?" I asked, grabbing his hands still holding my face.

"Aeri... We can't do this, I'm so so sorry. Please...forget about us, I'll do the same."

"I don't think I can"

"You have to. Even if it means to go out with Minho, but please do, we have to say goodbye."

"I'll... try my best." I managed to suck in all the tears and pain, and endure it. I wasn't going to beg him not to marry, either.

We stared at each other, just like back then. Just like our first kiss, and all the kisses after that. Just like the dream I had. 

He was actually leaning closer to me, and I swear I never wanted to kiss him so much like today. I just waited for the kiss, which I asume it was a farewell kiss.

As soon as his lips were almost touching mine, his phone started to ring, making us both flinch. He quickly removed his hands from my face, and stepped back.

"I'm sorry Aeri, I need to head back home now."

"It's fine, please go."

He turned around to leave, and the only thing I could actually pronounce was my "best" wishes for them.

"I wish you happiness, Hyunjin, and that you can fulfill your mother's job correctly." I smiled, the fakest smile I've ever given to someone.

He smiled with the saddest smile he's given ever.

"Thank you."

"Goodbye, Aeri."

"Bye, Hyunjin."

And with that, he left. As soon as he closed the door, I collapsed, a crying mess. My feelings were hurt and I couldn't do anything about it.  This literally meant we'd never see each other, ever, maybe.

.
.
.
.
.
.
After calming down and cleaning my face from crying, I managed to get dressed and start walking to the damn cliff once again. I had to get this over early, since I was going to my parents house for weekend.

15 minutes walking, I finally arrived to the cliff's trail. The tide was extremely high, so no uncovered rocks for today. The same as last time, I walked the trail up the hill, which took me another 10 minutes.

Once up, I held the shell, both his half and mine together, and asked to... anything. Yulhee, the universe, whatever energy caused this, to this time really stop it, so it'd be easier for us to heal from each other.

This time without hesitating much, I threw it, again. I saw how it fell down, almost in slow motion. As soon as I saw it enter the water, I turned around without thinking much and left.

Please, what ever you are, please let us rest of this, let us live normal lifes.

I returned to my apartment and almost immediately, left to my parents'house. That was the most weird 3 hour ride. My head had a million things going on, but I couldn't overthink or overworry. What's done it's done, between him and me.

Finally, and with my mom with arms wide open, I got back home.

"Oh my god I've missed you so much my baby!"

"Mom, it's only been a week" I chuckled, "don't worry."

"You know she enjoys being dramatic." My dad added, as he got closer and hugged me tightly too.

We talked about everything we'd think of, and I missed having these conversations with them.

We had coffee at 4, and at 6,  my mom was already finishsing with dinner.  It tasted amazingly, there's  nothing like mom's  plates. 

After dinner, I went to have a relaxing bath, to stress out myself.  I put on the most comfortable pajamas ever and head to my bed to rest.

I was very tired, and eventually, after scrolling a bit through my phone, I put it aside to rest.

I woke up, it was still dark, I grabbed my phone to check the hour, 3:25 am. I was feeling uneasy, but I don't know why.

I tried to get back to sleep, and fortunately I managed to do so.

As soon as I closed my eyes, it felt like nothing before I opened them again, and it was now morning. Damn, I couldn't even enjoy sleep well enough.

But guess what...

The ceiling, the damn ceiling wasn't mine.

It was his.

No, this can't be real, this can't be happening, I made extremely sure about that shell being back in the water.

I sat down opening completely my eyes, realizing now that it wasn't some dream, it was happening. The first thing I see as soon as I sit on the bed

Is the shell, again. His half, on top of his desk

This has to be a joke,

Again... I'm in his body.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 464 12
His escape turned out to be another way into pain. One that was even worse... • ‚Why are you running away from me?' Minho asked, he didn't respond...
3.9K 289 14
Felix found his soulmate Hyunjin in high school.. going through thick and thin..their love got stronger but there was one problem... Felix despises l...
105K 3.7K 60
! READ THE DESCRIPTION FIRST PLS ! One white lie she thought would be meaningless turned into a dangerous game. "... at the end of the day, you're st...
50.2K 1.5K 51
"But they are my kids," "No, they are my kids. I have raised them for the last five years by myself while you left and became an idol. All they...