Trial & Error

By KYNDIOR

Four beautiful African American best friends navigate their own trial and error through modern day society. More

Trial and Error
1 | Jade
2 | Caren
4 | Andi
5 | Jade
6 | Caren
7 | Joie
8 | Andi
9 | Jade
10 | Caren
11 | Joie
12 | Andi
13 | Jade
14 | Caren
15 | Joie
16 | Andi
17 | Jade
18 | Caren
19 | Joie
20 | Andi
21 | Jade
22 | Caren
23 | Joie
24 | Andi
25 | Jade
26 | Caren
27 | Joie
28 | Andi
30 | Jade
31 | Caren
32 | Joie
33 | Andi
34 | Jade
35 | Caren
36 | Joie
37 | Andi
38 | Jade
39 | Caren
40 | Joie
41 | Andi
42 | Jade
43 | Caren
44 | Joie
45 | Andi
46 | Jade
47 | Caren
48 | Joie
49 | Andi
50 | Jade
51 | Caren
52 | Joie
53 | Andi
II | Jade
II | Caren
II | Joie
II | Andi
5 | Jade
6 | Caren
7 | Joie
8 | Andi
9 | Jade
10 | Caren
11 | Joie
12 | Andi
13 | Jade
14 | Caren
15 | Joie
16 | Andi
17 | Jade
18 | Caren
19 | Joie
20 | Andi
21 | Jade
22 | Caren
23 | Joie
24 | Andi
25 | Jade
26 | Caren
27 | Joie
28 | Andi
29 | Jade
30 | Caren
31 | Joie
32 | Andi
33 | Jade
34 | Caren
35 | Joie
36 | Andi
37 | Jade
38 | Caren
39 | Joie
40 | Andi
41 | Jade
42 | Caren
43 | Joie
44 | Andi
45 | Jade
46 | Caren
47 | Joie
48 | Andi
Epilogue
๐“&๐„-๐ˆ๐ˆ

3 | Joie

3.1K 353 179
By KYNDIOR

Slow jams booms around my modern farmhouse, red lighting illuminating on my black walnut complexion. A straight, lace front bob of Brazilian human hair graced my head for the late evening and the satin, lace trim Victoria Secret robe donned me effortlessly. I held two wine glasses in my hand, while grabbing the pricey champagne and footing upstairs to the red lit bathroom. Smoke wafted through the air, coming from the blunt that was held by the man awaiting in the tub.

Stunning, buttery caramel complexion and a sturdy, muscular physique, he kept the patch of chin hair and mustache above his full lips lowly trimmed. A Cali native and well known singer and songwriter that made recurrent trips down south to see me when I wanted—Jaceon.

He felt my presence, looking at me with those hazel eyes, smirking as smoke floats between his lips. He motioned me over and I started sauntering to him, dropping the satin robe in the process, exposing my nude body underneath.

I settled in the bath tub, straddling him, and pouring each of us glasses of the champagne. I hand him one, keeping the other for myself. "Congratulations on your Grammy nomination."

"I 'preciate it," he smiled, clinking our glasses.

I sip the champagne, eying Jaceon swallow the bubbly whole, and place the glass on the subway tile. "I'm pretty sure yo team is wondering where you snuck to."

Jaceon's strong arms wrapped around me. "I'm grown. I'll be back before the Grammy's start."

"Mmhm." I hum, tilting the wine glass to my lips and sipped on the champagne, as he kissed softly on my neck.

"Com' wimme." he suggested into my neck.

I chuckle, swallowing the remainder of champagne. "Come with you where?"

He lifted his head up from my neck, looking at me. "To the Grammy's. You can be my date; lemme wine and dine you for a day."

Again, I chuckle as I placed the empty glass down. "The play boy Jaceon wanting a woman on his arm. You know me. . You know what this is. . I'm not no kept woman, baby. You not no kept man either. So why would I join you on a red carpet and send yo lady fans into an uproar for nothing?"

"You right." he agreed, licking his lips. "I can still wine and dine you for a day. You in this family size crib by yo self and shit. Lemme take care of you."

This wasn't the first time he offered. But my answer remained the same. "I got my own career and my own money. I don't need to be taken care of, baby. I got me. But what I do need from you is that good dick you lay on me."

Jaceon chuckled, as I wrapped my arms around his neck. "Oh, but you need me for that."

"I mean, what else are you men good for?" I smirked, kissing him.

He kissed back, pulling me closer. "I shouldn't even be here witchu treatin' me like a trick."

"But are you gone leave though?" I spoke softly on his lips, positioning on top of his erection.

Jaceon inhaled, eyes never leaving mine. "Hell naw."

I smirked, kissing him passionately, as he lifted me slightly and entered me. My mouth opened on his, as he groaned, filling me slowly. With his hands he touched my body gradually, Marques Houston's Naked jamming around us, furthering arousing the steamy atmosphere.

Then leave it to something to ruin the moment—my phone's ringtone replacing the sensual music and Siri informing me of the caller.

"Incoming from Doctor Chaves."

I moved Jaceon back at the mention of Caren's doctor calling. "Dammit. Answer Siri."

Jaceon frowned. "Right now?"

"Shut it. Hi, Doctor Chaves."

"Hello, Joie. Sorry for calling you this late." Doctor Chaves apologized.

"Or while she ridin' an horny man." Jaceon muttered.

I covered his mouth and said, "No, you're fine. I'm on her list for reason. Is Caren and the baby okay?"

"Yes." That eases my sudden worry. "Her water broke half an a hour ago. We have her here. I'm just going down the emergency call list. I know it's very important for her for you ladies to be here with her."

"Thank you, Doctor Chaves. I'm on the way."

"Great. I'll let her know."

The call ends, and Maxwell currently booms.

"Hold on, bruh, you really finna leave in the middle?"

"My best friend is labor."

"Her water just broke not too long ago, right?" I nod and he continued. "So that mean she not finna give birth for another couple hours. We can finish. You gone leave me wit blue balls?"

"For my best friend and godchild, absolutely." I smirked, kissing his nose, and climbed out the bathtub. He sucked his teeth as I bent over and grabbed my robe. "Just watch me walk away and picture it til you nut."

Jaceon groaned. "This fucked up."

I chuckled lowly, exiting the bathroom. "The door locks behind you when you leave!"

I slipped on a tracksuit before leaving Jaceon there and drove to the specific hospital I remembered Caren giving birth to Calen. It was a luxury hospital celebrities have their babies. Caren may not have been considered a celebrity herself, but with her husband being a retired NBA player and part owner of Dallas's basketball team, she lived in the life of a celebrity—the luxurious life. So she would birth her children lavishly.

I knocked on the room door, while easing it open and peaking my head inside. Caren was in the hospital gown, hooked up to the equipment. The room was much hotel-like—luxury bedding and linens, personal refreshments, mini refrigerator and snacks, flatscreen television and her personal concierge.

Standing beside the bed was her beautiful, well kept mother, Davina. "Who's getting ready to have my Godbaby!" I greeted, walking to her bedside and kissing her forehead. "Hey, Momma D. Where the boys?"

"Sleep in the other room." Caren motioned to the sitting area inside the labor suite.

"Jade and Andi?"

"Andi should be here soon and Jade is still in L.A. You know the Grammy's."

"Oh yeah and Big Daddy Cairo ain't letting her miss that." I brushed off the idea of Jade even showing up, as I looked around and realized one important person missing. "Uhm, where Xavier?"

Davina scoffed. "Honey, when he ever around when her water break?"

"Momma." Caren called.

"I know good damn well he ain't about to miss this birth. He done that with Calen." I comment, shaking my head. "What's his location? I'll pull up and drag his big tall ass here."

"That's the same exactly shit I told her." Davina agreed with me.

Momma D was gutter, a rebellious woman from the mean streets on the south that was down for any adrenaline rush functions.

Our personalities are so much alike—disobedient, a fighter, tolerate no bullshit. But we were also about our money and business. Since a child, Davina has always called me her mini twin with us sharing the same even black walnut complexion, full gorgeous black hair that dripped down her back and us sharing qualities as each other.

Davina was practically a mother for me since mine disappeared and leaving me to be raised by her white, alcoholic and drug addict husband. Davina was the one who taught me how to manage my full, luscious dark hair naturally, how to apply on pads or tampons, birds and the bees talk, offering me meals. Everything she done for Caren, she done for me and I was grateful.

With me being a troubled teen and even spending close to a year in jail, Davina helped me stay on the straight and narrow to get my GED and open my very own successful nonprofit organization that house and assist troubled or pregnant young girls.

If it wasn't for Davina taking on the mother role in my life, I would've definitely been dead with the route I was heading down.

The door opened and got our attention. I assumed it was Xavier. But it was Andi. "Hey beauty!" she beeline straight to Caren bypassing me.

"Oop. I guess I'm invisible."

"Me too, Joie." Davina said.

Andi chuckled as she walked around and hugged Davina. "You know I wouldn't forget about you, Momma."

"Uhh, and me?"

Andi brushed me off. "Girl, you ain't even answer my call earlier."

She reminded me of the call I missed from her. "Oh yeah! My bad girl. Jaceon came in town."

Andi raised her brows. "Ohh, so he more important? I could've been in somebody ditch."

I chuckle, as my phone ring. "You've always been dramatic." I stare down at the screen to the name.

Aqualetta.

I stepped out to answer. "You should be sleep, Aqua."

"Joel hasn't come home; it's been four days." she told me.

I shrug as if she could see me. "So. What that have to do with me?"

"He's our Dad, Joie."

"He's your Dad."

She groaned in my ear. "I'm not about to argue. Can you at least come pick up me, Misty, and Gunner? We're at KC's.

"The bar? Why the hell do you have a nine and five year old out this late?"

"What did you want me to do, Joie? Leave them there?"

I exhale sharply. "Don't move. I'm coming." I hung up and emerged in the room. "Hey, I have to leave real quick. Aqua called me."

"Joel drunk ass must be missing again." Davina commented.

"Girl yes. Aqua has the kids out searching for him. I have to pick em up." I inform, "I will be right back. Babygirl better stay inside."

I left the hospital and drove a pretty long distance south to the bar Joel was known to fall asleep at blackout drunk. I walked inside the people filled place and went straight over to the bar where I waved over the owner, Kyle Chamber—An attractive and honey skinned male with a muscular build, tattooed arms, and a full beard. Kyle was the once scrawny boy nobody on the south wanted. But he definitely grew into a good-looking man.

One man I wanted to test drive.

Kyle met up with me at the bar counter. "Hey, KC. Where they at?"

"In my office."

I nodded as I take in his appearance. "You looking good tonight daddy." I flirted.

Kyle chuckled, looking me over. "Don't cross this line. I'll fuck up yo life."

Spilling from his deep, resonated voice, it turned me on. "Don't threatened me with a good time, Kyle."

Kyle snickered as I winked, walking away towards his office. Inside, the biracial nineteen year old with champagne beige skin and sandy brown, unruly curls sits on the couch two full blooded white children. The red haired boy beside her played on a cellphone as the young girl slept in her lap.

"I take it you didn't find him." My statement me got their attention.

"Clearly not." Aqua, my half sister, remarked.

I shake my head, watching her stand with the sleeping five year old. Aqua and me shared the same mother and the other two, Gunner and Misty, were Aqua's half brother and sister with having Joel as a father and separate mother's. After me and Aqua's mother disappeared, Joel slept with two other drug addict women and reproduced and instead of being mother's to Gunner and Misty, they were dropped off at Joel's doorstep and never returned.

Joel clearly has a thing for women that vanish into thin air.

"Come on, Carrot." I say to Gunner, leaving Kyle's office.

"I'll call if Joel com' thru." Kyle let me know as we walked by.

I nodded,  and left out the packed bar and to my vehicle. With everyone safely inside, I drove in the direction to the childhood house I never cared to stay when I was younger.

"You know, you're gonna have to stop caring so much." I say to Aqua.

"He's my father."

"That's doesn't even care about himself, Aqua. You could be at Juilliard, dancing and following your dreams. But instead you're taking care—"

"I don't care, Joie!" Aqua interrupted. "Okay? He's my father. I'm not going to just let him disappear and just continue with life. I'm not you."

I scoffed, turning onto the street of the timeworn houses. "And what is that supposed to mean?"

Aqua sighed. "Mom disappeared and you just continued on with what you were doing, moved to another side of town and left me to deal with it."

"Don't say I left you because I tried to take you with me. You decided to raise a drunk and addict."

"Because I'm not like you." She responded to me. "It's like you are emotionally disconnected. Joel has been in your life since you was a teen yourself. How could you not care?"

I made it to the dingy house, pulling beside the curb. "Until you experience dealing with Joel and Tanika, don't say nothing about me being emotionally disconnected to their bullshit."

Shaking her head, Aqua mumbled under her breath, and stepping out my Audi. She opened the passenger rear door where Misty slept and picking her up out the car.

"Do you need help?"

"No. I got it just like I got everything else." She retorted smartly, "Come on Carrot."

Aqua marched away, approaching the house, while Gunner stayed behind to kiss my cheek. "I love you. McDonalds in the morning?"

"Sausage biscuits and orange juice?" Gunner nodded, "It's a date."

Gunner smiled. "See you tomorrow."

"You, too, buddy."

After Gunner closed the door, I breathe out sharply and pulled off to return to the hospital.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
2021 new 🤌🏾 What are your first impression thoughts of Joie?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.6K 320 41
Three Bestfriends different life choices & mistakes.
42.4K 1K 23
...
3.2M 118K 61
๐šˆ๐™พ๐š„'๐š๐™ด ๐™ผ๐šˆ ๐š‚๐™ฐ๐™ป๐š…๐™ฐ๐™ถ๐™ด, ๐šˆ๐™พ๐š„'๐š๐™ด ๐™ผ๐šˆ ๐™ฑ๐™ฐ๐™ป๐™ฐ๐™ฝ๐™ฒ๐™ด
14.8K 352 17
๐ŸŽก๐– ต ๐™๐™„๐™‰๐™„ ๐˜ผ๐™ ๐“„น แฌ two best friends, turned loves, turned exes, turned strictly best friends, fall for each other all over again. ** ๐™Ž๐™๐˜ผ๐™...