Vantage || Hwang Hyunjin

By youngNfreeAstronAut

•Destined Souls series• Book 1 Two Souls are destined to be together through all lifetimes, and their story... More

~Chapter 1.~
~Chapter 2~
~Chapter 3~
~Chapter 4~
~Chapter 5~
~Chapter 6~
~Chapter 7~
~Chapter 8~
~Chapter 9~
~Chapter 10~
~Chapter 11~
~Chapter 12~
~Chapter 13~
~Chapter 14~
~Chapter 15~
~Chapter 16~
~Chapter 17~
~Chapter 18~
~Chapter 19~
~Chapter 20~
~Chapter 21~
~Chapter 22~
~Chapter 23~
~Chapter 24~ Long chapter (⚠️ish)
~Chapter 25~
~Chapter 26~
~Chapter 27~ Their Story pt. 1
~Chapter 28~ Their Story pt. 2
~Chapter 29~ Their Story pt.3
~Chapter 30~ Their Story pt. 4
~Chapter 31~
~Chapter 32~
~Chapter 33~
~Chapter 34~
~Chapter 35~
~Chapter 36~
~Chapter 37~
~Chapter 38~
~Chapter 40~
~Chapter 41~ Long chapter ⚠️🔞
~Chapter 42~
~Chapter 43~
Author note✨Please read
~Chapter 44~
~Chapter 45~
~Chapter 46~
~Chapter 47~
~Chapter 48~
~Chapter 49~
~Chapter 50~
~Chapter 51~
~Chapter 52~
Author note~ please read🥰👀
~Chapter 53~
~Chapter 54~
~Chapter 55~
~Chapter 56~
~Chapter 57~
~Chapter 58~
~Chapter 59~
~Chapter 60~ 🔞ish
~Chapter 61~
~Chapter 62~
~Chapter 63~
~Chapter 64~
~Chapter 65~
• Epilogue •
Photobook is out✨
⚠️Notice⚠️

~Chapter 39~

1.5K 90 29
By youngNfreeAstronAut

Hyunjin's POV:

"Okay... don't panic, don't panic" I tried to calm myself. I stopped to think. I felt a bit out of place (obviously). I noticed this wasn't her room, it was a small apartment, with boxes still unopened.

Did she move out? Was everything with her parents okay? Was she okay? Slowly, I started to worry about her, like before, to think about her and miss her.

I got closer to the window and opened the curtains, only to reveal a beautiful view to the sea. She clearly moved to the coast, but why?

There has to be a way of contacting her. I didn't know my number, although I had more than a year of having it; it's too long and I'm too lazy.

I grabbed her phone again to try and see what I could do. My eyes rested over the wallpaper, I was intrigued. Minho? Why is he with her? Are they close? Are they...together?

I felt uneasy. I know it's not my place to think like this, but I was jealous. Jealous of not knowing what was happening between them.

The phone suddenly rings, It was a text, from Minho.

I couldn't unlock it, as I didn't have the password, but I could read his messages.

Minho
Morning! Did you sleep well? We're leaving now, we'll be there by 9am, so Felix was thinking we could have breakfast instead of lunch.

Minho
Also, I got you a present ;) can't wait to arrive.

... a present? What present? Why can't you wait?
I mean... Minho is my friend. Since I lost contact with them, I'm totally unaware of everything here, but I kept feeling uneasy about them.

Another message got in,

Minho
I read about a restaurant over there, I think it's close to your house. Let's meet there, here's the address. 📍 location

I couldn't even see the location, again because of the locked phone, damn it. At least I got to read the name of the place.

I went to take a shower, trying so hard not to see anything. Afterwards, I looked in the mirror.

She is so beautiful. There's something about her that drives me insane, I don't know what it is. I noticed she was a bit different, but not that much. It was just a year, but she looked more mature, grown up.

The more I looked at her, the more I was missing her. Everything kept me so busy that I actually forgot what liking her felt like, but it slowly came back.

I got ready with the clothes I found out of the boxes, and went out. I noticed she had a car too, she really grew up.

I checked the time, I was supposed to arrive to the restaurant at 9am. As I got closer, I saw Minho and Felix waving at me.

Minho came and hugged me; I still couldn't believe they were so close.

"H-how was the ride?" I tried asking them, so that it wouldn't be too obvious.

"It was great, we listened to music all ride long!" Minho replied. I just smiled and nodded to everything they said.

"Aeri, can you help me with some bags?" Felix grabbed my arm and dragged me to the car.

"You go ahead ordering a table." He told Minho as he kept walking. As soon as we got to the car, Felix stopped, making me almost crash with his chest.

He suddenly hugged me, tightly.

"I've missed you, man."

I was startled. How on earth would he know?

"Y-you know?"

"I noticed the moment you came. Your mood was different, Aeri behaves different. But I'm very confused at what's happening. She tossed them away."

"She did? I was wondering that. That should be the only way, but if she did, I don't know what's going on."

"This isn't good, we have to get you guys back to normal."

"I know."

"I'm worried about her, she must be completely lost."

"It's about 8 pm over there, nobody's going to bother her for now, but I have to get in contact with her."

Aeri's POV:

"W-why is this here? It's impossible. He even lives in another country, how on earth...?"

I didn't even want to touch the shell. I was afraid it'd do something crazy. While I had it in my house, this never happened. It remained calmed for about 8 months, so why is everything going crazy?

I felt completely lost here. At least, if he was in my body, he could speak Korean and manage himself well. Me on the other hand, can't speak English that well, and have no idea on how to run a business, even if it's only for a minute.

After taking a quite awkward shower, I wandered through his apartment. Modern, expensive; it truly suited him. I took his phone, Luckily it didn't need password, and searched through his contacts to reach my number.

There wasn't a single Korean contact. Only his father and another man's number; the rest were all business contacts. As I kept going down, I saw he had "Eunbi" as another contact. I guess that's the girl he married, which oddly, I didn't see anything girly in the apartment.

I was about to dial my number and save it, but I stopped. Some part of me honestly didn't want my number registered in his phone, that way he'd maybe contact me, or I'd contact him, and that wasn't okay.

I was trying to forget about him, move on. I even considered accepting Minho, because I think I am developing feelings for him, so Hyunjin being around again would just mess up my mind.

I didn't register my number, and instead, wrote him a note. I'll sound crazy, but I remembered the movie. The characters wrote notes on each other's notebooks to comunicate; and that's what I did.

Hyunjin

It's been a while, hasn't it?

I don't know what's happening, or why, because I did return the shell to the sea.

I don't know how long will it take for us to go back, or if we're going to switch more than once, but I promise I'll fix this.

The shell is here, as you can see. I have no how this happened .

If we change again, please know that you'll have to assist college and hang with Felix and Minho often, since they're living there too. I'm sure Felix will tell that it's not me.

Please, when we return, just in case, leave me a note specifying everything I need to know to say and do here, or at least the basics.

I'm sorry, this is my fault. I'll fix it.

Aeri

The only thing I got in mind was to grab the shell and remove the pearl. I don't know if it'd do something, but I couldn't think of anything else.

And so I did.

Hyunjin's POV:

"By the way, where are we?" I asked Felix while Minho ordered.

"Incheon."

"Incheon?!"

"Yeah, why?"

"This is were she had to get rid of it, why is she here again?"

"Yup she came here with her parents during summer and returned it to the sea. She's here now because she's attending college." Felix said.

"Did you try calling your number to reach her?"

"I can't remeber my number, and her phone is locked. I don't know her password, do you?

"Yup, it's her birth date."

"Of course." I rolled my eyes.

After breakfast with them, Felix helped me convincing Minho to go rest "because of the long drive".

"You didn't even drive, I did, and I'm not tired." Minho said.

"Driving with you is tiring" Felix shrugged, making Minho frown annoyed.

"Fine, fine." He put his wallet back in his pocket after paying. He then turned to me, kind of waiting for Felix to walk further, I assume for him not to listen.

He suddenly hugs me, I tried so hard not to flinch or react weird.

"I wanted to see you." He whispers to my ear, parting from the hug and smiling.

"I'll give you the present tomorrow, bye bye!" He talked all cute. I just "laughed" and said "okay." As I waved to him.

It's not my place to feel jealous

But I did.

Back at her apartment, I entered the password, successfully unlocking it. I went through her contacts trying to reach my number, but it was nowhere to be seen.

I then remebered I changed my number, so of course she wouldn't have it.

There was one number which's name was funny.

"Bastard"

Who'd she have as that in her contacts? I laughed as I touched it to reveal more details.

It was my old number.

Well... at least she still got me.

I sat on the bed, just thinking about stuff, a lot of it actually. I stumbled myself to the pillow, feeling something hard and sharp hurt my head.

"Ouch! What the-" I growled while turning around.

It was the damn shell. First of all, this wasn't here when I left, and then, didn't Felix say she threw it away? Why is it here?

My first reaction was to grab it, I just don't know why.

As soon as I did, I felt dizziness, the same I felt once before. Just like that, like opening and closing my eyes, I was back in my body.

A/n: Hello! I'm sorry with the late(or not?) update. I've been working with my family's business and it's tiring! So I haven't had time to sit and write.

Also, sorry for this chapter, I kind of feel it's filler and nothing interesting, I promise I'll do better! I think I'll update another one today since I'm free.

Stay safe! And thank you so much for the reads, votes, comments and shares! It makes me so happy 😭❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

382K 12.5K 59
[COMPLETED] In which Felix is depressed because of his childhood trauma. He thought his life wasn't worth to save. But then the cold popular guy not...
90.6K 3K 40
Everyone is born with a soulmate. No matter where or who you are, once you turn 19 everything your soulmate writes on their body will show up on your...
139K 3.8K 26
Hyunjin Gang/Mafia FF You always wondered where Hyunjin went and why he always came back injured. When he disappeared one day, you accidentally found...
12.7K 1.2K 26
#19 - kookv - april 25,2024 Jungkook( a doting father) and his six-year-old daughter Jieun's lives alter when Kim Taehyung befriends them and empathi...