[1] Rising Atrocities

By bibliophile_panda25

❝Just because you are different, it doesn't mean you are a monstrosity.❞ It was Chase's 18th birthday and lif... More

0
1
2
3
4
5
6 (Under Construction 🚧)
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
5 (under construction 🚧)

8

83 37 145
By bibliophile_panda25

Charlotte Evans

Chase Foreswift.

"So, they had green flickering eyes,"

All of us who was the victim of the attack, are inside the Literature room. We stand in front of the desk. Luna Hendrix, our literature teacher sits at the desk, whereas Thalia and Orion Westwood, Balrus III stand gazing at us.

"Are you alright?" Thalia inquires, with much concern in her voice. "Did they hurt you?"

"They tried to kill us?" Amber looks at me for assurance, I provide her an encouraging nod. "-saying they wanted to take our blood and flesh to feed their masters."

"Masters?" Orion mumbles with confusion. There exists a pause, then I notice his eyebrows lit up. As if he has guessed something. He looks at Balrus for an answer, Balrus furrows his eyebrows.

"But Charlotte saved us," Zara says catching everyone's attention.

"You are friends with her," Luna Hendrix inquires with much disbelief. "Since when did she start talking to people."

"That doesn't matter. What matters is that you are safe. You all should go to the hospital and test if there is any injury in your body."

We slowly walk outside, when I hear Orion's voice, "You think it's them, don't you?" My eyes shine with curiosity but at this moment I am more interested in Charlotte and most importantly what is she? A witch or something else.

We start to walk, still processing what happened. "Don't you think we should go thank Charlotte for saving us?" Julian suggests, surveying our face for an answer.

"I think we should." I support. Zara and Amber nod. I mean she saved our lives, so it will be ungrateful for us to not thank her.
"But where is she?" I gaze at the twins expecting they know her current location.

"I saw her," Zara answers with much enthusiasm. "I saw her in the cafeteria."

"Okay. Let's go then."

The cafeteria which is always crowded was silent and peaceful. Charlotte sat at the corner. The light could barely extend its grasp at that corner.

She doesn't talk to anyone not that I have seen her talk to anyone. She sits at the darkest corner in every class. It is as if she admires darkness over light. As if she wants to hide from others.

We approach, "Hey."

She is reading a book, 'Unravel me' Her eyes stays fix at the book, "You are welcome" She mutters.

'Rude'

I glance at others, judging from their looks they are all hesitating.

"Um-" Julian begins, he is good at socializing with people. "You have pretty great skills."
He licks his lower lips, placing his hands over his hips and a tiny smirk hangs over his face. The twins have their hands clipped to the back.

"I know." She mutters in a low voice. There exists a pause. We stand there creating an awkward silence. She finally puts the book down, "Do you want anything?" She stares at us with annoyance.

"Do you know what attacked us?" Zara asks. She sounds nice, I mean the type of nice, that would compel anyone to feel horrible if they treated her badly.

But Charlotte didn't appear to be affected at all by her charm, "Trust me, Alice in the wonderland, " She says

"Zara. My name is-"

"I don't care." She gives her a pseudo smile, "What I am saying is, That thing is something, way beyond your understanding. So next time if you see those things, you try to radiate it or slit its throat." Zara looks as if she was punched in the face, "Anything else." Charlotte asks.

"Nope," I reply, grabbing Julian's arm. "Let's go," I mutter in his ears and haul him out of the room.

"She is so rude and proud." Zara declares openly, throwing her hand randomly in the air.

"Shh." Amber glares at her." She can hear you."

"Let her." She increases her voice, "At least, Someone would realize how horrible person they are." Amber grabs her sister's arm, "What, Come on. Amber. Ouch." She hauls her out of our sight.

---

"Do you know Charlotte?" I ask Julian. We are in our room. Miss Olivia gave us a tablet to take away the pain caused by the spell and apart from that, I was given a lotion on my back. I position my arm behind my head as and lay down staring at the ceiling.

"Only that she came here before me. Nobody knows anything about her. She is a dark horse, doesn't have any friends nor does she talk to anybody. " Julian responds. He is laying down in the same manner that I was.

"What creature is she?" I can't make myself forget about the way she fought them.

"No idea."

"Doesn't she have a roommate?"

"Nope. She has a room that belongs to her completely. It is at the farthest end of the building."

"Did you see how the teachers reacted when Zara mentioned Charlotte?"

"Yeah. What happened today was kind of bizarre don't you think?"

"Yeah!"

"Fortunately, we can enjoy our five days break." There is a small knock on our door. "Let me get it," Julian says sitting up. He walks and opens the door, to come across, unhappy Jenna.

"Julian, are you okay?" She lets out hugging him. "Did they hurt you?"

"Yeah, I am fine." He replies planting a kiss on the top of her head.

'They are cute .'

Jenna took her seat on a chair. I sit up, "Hey Chase. How are you?"

"Great."

"So I heard they were students from our academy, why will they do that?"

"We don't know that," I confess.

"But Charlotte saved you. God bless that girl." She says placing a lock of hair behind her pointed ear. She adjusts her pink t-shirt.

"We would have said that too-" Julian says, sitting on the floor near her chair. "-Only if she was a little nice to us."

"Do you know her?" I ask Jenna positioning a pillow on my lap.

"Yeah, a thing or two. Balrus and Luna brought her here when she was 12 years old. They never said much about her. I once asked what she was but she ignored me." She says running her hand through Julian's hair.

I notice a little hesitation in Jenna's voice, "There are rumors about her that she murdered her mother. Some students are too scared to talk to her."

Jenna peeks at the clock, "I should go it's almost 10. Dad will start looking for me."

But, can anyone do that, kill their own parents. What kind of atrocity can do that? I mean her actions did prove that she either knows danger way too well or she is dangerous.

--

The sun shines brightly in the early morning. Julian is still snoozing so I choose to go for a walk. I sit at the field under a tree, glancing at a picture of my parents in front of a car. There are few pictures of my parents that I have collected but this is the only picture that I have at the present. The rest are in a trunk under my bed in Mr.Smith's house.

I have received mostly my father's traits, He had black hair, my eyes were like his. Mr. Smith often told me that I am something he will call Junior Foreswift from every angle observed.

'What would they have been like?' I thought. 'I wish I knew.' I placed it back in my wallet.

"Chase, how you doing?" I hear someone say from behind,

"Zara, Hey. I am good, what about you?" I say standing up.

"I am good. What are you doing here? Aren't you suppose to rest?"

"There ain't no rest for the wicked." Zara looks confused, She raises her eyebrows for an explanation."It is a song, never mind."

"Oh."

"What are you doing here? And where is your sister Amber?"

"Amber is sleeping and I was looking if the cafeteria had some caffeine."

"Oh."

"Is she scared of me?" I ask noticing how horrified Amber appears around me. She never looks me in the eye, she always tries to ignore me.

"No. Am, she is no scared of you. Why will you think that."

"I don't know."

"By the way, Do you know what that rude Charlotte is?" She sounds way too fascinated, "At first, I thought, She was a witch but then I realized that if she was a witch why can't I do that."

"So what is she and how did you know that?"

"My dad, is friends with our teacher Luna Hendrix."

"So your dad told you?"

"No, silly. My mom did."

"When?"

"Yesterday, when mom and dad came to meet us after the attack." I know that she was the type of kid who is often entitled with titles like, 'Daddy's princess' and 'teacher's pet'. It appears that she loves to talk.

"So what is she?" I inquire finally.

"A Phoenix."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

514K 13.4K 33
Shay Black is your average 17 year old girl. The only difference? She's a pure breed. As in 100% pure breed Alpha blood line. Chase Silver is Alpha o...
110K 3.9K 29
Alec a small shy Omega who struggle to get into his eighteenth birthday safely...met with turn of events as something unthinkable happened. What he r...
887K 19.8K 38
I was being given away to alpha's of another pack i look up to see who i was being given to. As soon as i look up at them ,they growl and grab me 'MA...
1.1M 33.8K 28
Jade is a 15 year old girl. She is different from everyone in her pack. Because her eyes are multicolored she's bullied because no one has ever seen...