Lunar Dream (Sunnew)

By kyeoulpin

"Please, don't eat me! I have a weak heart, you won't like it!" "Ew! No! I'm not gonna eat a random person's... More

Intro
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty Four
Forty Five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
Forty Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty Three
Fifty Four
Fifty Five
Fifty Six
Fifty Seven
Fifty Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty One
Sixty Two (End)
Epilogue
I Guess (One Shot)
Still Memories (Part-2)
Because It's You (Sangcob)

Still Memories

345 39 11
By kyeoulpin

A/N: Since you guys asked for more... here you go! Sorry if it isn't up to your expectations. I'm feeling a bit angsty today ('。_。`)

Sunwoo's eyes fluttered open as he felt an unfamiliar cool breeze. He squinted at the bright sunshine filtering through the trees. He raised his hand and spread his fingers to block the glare. 

He creased his brows after registering his unfamiliar clothes. He glanced down at his attire. It was familiar yet not quite at the same time. 

Why was he back in his Hwarang outfit?

"Hey! Sleepyhead! Are you finally awake?" 

Sunwoo whipped his head around at the voice. His breath pausing once he caught sight of him. 

"Are you still half-asleep?" 

Chanhee knelt down beside him and tilted his head endearingly. Sunwoo stared at him, both in confusion and fascination. 

Chanhee looked the same as when he first met him. Pink hair and pale skin, pouty lips and warm smile. 

His once dead heart started beating fast. Sunwoo raised his hand to Chanhee's cheek hesitantly. Chanhee leant into his palm and smiled at him.

Sunwoo caressed his cheek as if Chanhee was fragile and could disappear at any moment. 

"Sunwoo..." 

Chanhee called his name. Sunwoo felt a tingling sensation throughout his body at his voice. Something about Chanhee's voice pronouncing his name did wonders to Sunwoo's mind. 

"Yes, Chanhee?" He replied. 

Chanhee crept nearer to Sunwoo. Their nose tips almost touching, their lips brushing against each other. 

Sunwoo held his breath as his gaze never left Chanhee. 

"Thank you for waiting for me."

Sunwoo's smile turned upside down after Chanhee said those words. His body started dispersing into pink dust and Sunwoo found himself grabbing at Chanhee's arms. 

His eyes widened and he held onto Chanhee frantically. Once again, big fat drops of tear started showering down Sunwoo's cheeks. 

"No! No, no, no! Not again! Please...NO!"

Sunwoo shot up with a piercing shout. He panted hard. His face was a mess with a mix of tear and sweat. 

Sunwoo glanced up at Chanhee's portrait hung up in front of him. He squeezed his eyes shut and let out a sigh. He plopped back down his bed, covering his face with the pillow. 

Sunwoo had been having those dreams for several nights now. 

He would see Chanhee from when they first met but in the end, he always disappeared. And Sunwoo always failed to distinguish reality from dream. 

Maybe it was because he just found Chanhee again in his reincarnation form, Nyu. And maybe, deep down inside, Sunwoo had felt afraid.

Afraid that Chanhee would leave him again. 

"Stop staring at me like that." Nyu snapped.

Sunwoo blinked for a while before realizing he was talking to him. He cleared his throat and averted his gaze somewhere else. Nyu rolled his eyes and drank up his coffee.

"Thanks, Jacob! I gotta run now. See you later!" He waved.

"See ya!" Jacob waved back. 

After Nyu left, Jacob took the seat in front of Sunwoo. He looked at Sunwoo with a serious expression. Sunwoo knew what was going to come but he liked to avoid it as much as possible.

He had practiced avoiding confrontation for as long as he had been a gumiho. 

"So what's up with you?" Jacob asked.

"What's up with me?" 

"Sunwoo."

"Joonyoung."

Jacob crossed his arms and gave him a heavy glare. Sunwoo gulped at that and cast his gaze down, fiddling with his fingers nervously.

"I... I kinda had dreams."

"What kind of dreams? Did you see Chanhee in them?"

Sunwoo nodded and went quiet after that. Jacob couldn't see his face since he had his head down. But he suspected the younger was trying to calm down before continuing. 

"Hyung... I'm scared."

Jacob's eyes softened at the tone Sunwoo was using. He reached over to lift up Sunwoo's chin and make eye contact. He sat back after that. He smiled at Sunwoo's moist eyes. 

"Tell me." 

At Jacob's words, Sunwoo realized he had to let everything out.

"Before I met Chanhee again, before I met Nyu. I was so focused on finding him again. I thought my empty heart would feel alive again when I found him. I thought that would be enough."

"But?"

"But now, I keep having these dreams. Where I meet Chanhee again just like when we did the first time. But it always ends in the same way. He disappeared right in front of my eyes. And I couldn't do anything."

"Sunwoo-"

"What if Nyu disappears as well? I'm going to be left alone again. I don't know if I can survive another thousand years without him."

"Sunwoo, tell me. Did you fall in love with Chanhee without knowing the consequences?" 

Sunwoo went quiet at Jacob's question. Jacob watched silently before Sunwoo continued.

"Sometimes, I hate him. I hate him for leaving me."

Jacob stood up with a smile. He put the empty cups on his tray and looked at Sunwoo.

"Hate him for leaving or because you're the only one left with both of your memories?" 

Jacob left with his tray, leaving Sunwoo in his own thoughts. Sunwoo kept pondering on Jacob's words. 

"I don't know."

Sunwoo went into his home that evening. He threw his car keys into the basket and got out off his clothes on the way to his bedroom. 

He halted and took a few steps back, peeking into the kitchen. He tilted his head in confusion when seeing the dining table full of food. He walked into the kitchen and eyes widened slightly.

"Nyu?"

Nyu turned around and grinned at him. He picked up two rice bowls and set it on the table. Sunwoo's eyes followed his every step. He was trying to decipher whether it was a dream or not. 

"You seemed a little out of it today. So I wanted to cook for you. Maybe lift up your spirits." Nyu said, beaming at him.

Sunwoo glanced back at the spread on the table. He let out a little smile and ruffled up Nyu's hair. 

"It smells good but are you sure you didn't destroy my kitchen?"

Nyu gave him an offended glare and slapped his hand away.

"Be glad I didn't add any poison into your food. Now eat."

Nyu grabbed Sunwoo by the shoulders and forced him down the chair.

"Ow~~ be gentle, Nyu." Sunwoo teased.

Nyu gave him another glare to shut him up. But Sunwoo only laughed. He gladly dug into the food prepared by Nyu. His lost appetite just appeared.

After a hearty dinner, Sunwoo shooed Nyu away from the kitchen. He insisted to do the dishes since Nyu cooked. 

"I'm still a gentleman. I know good manners." Sunwoo said smugly.

Nyu  rolled his eyes and gave up. He handed Sunwoo the rubber gloves and resorted to watching him from the side. After a couple of quiet minutes, Sunwoo glanced at Nyu with a cheeky smile.

"Do I look that good while doing the dishes?"

"What the hell are you talking about?" Nyu said, face contorting in disgust.

"Then why do you keep staring at me?" Sunwoo wriggled his brows.

"In case you drop a plate while washing them. But you know what? Whatever, these are yours anyways." Nyu said, leaving the kitchen.

Sunwoo laughed at his reaction and went back to the dishes. 

Nyu wandered around the apartment. He knew Sunwoo was rich but not this rich. He observed the various artifacts and art pieces decorated all around the apartment. Strangely, he had more artifacts from the Silla dynasty?

"Weird. Does he like that period?" Nyu spoke to himself.

His footsteps lead him to a room at the end of the corridor. Nyu thought this must be Sunwoo's room. He knew it wasn't nice to pry into other's private rooms.

But Sunwoo and him were close.....weren't they? 

"Now, what are we?" Nyu questioned out loud. 

Even as he thought about it, his eyes kept wandering towards Sunwoo's room. For some reason, he couldn't contain his curiosity.

Without knowing, he had already placed his hands on the door knob. He opened it slowly and entered the room. 

It wasn't anything special. The usual decors and expensive interior stuff were there. Nyu walked in further. He stood in at the foot of the bed.

Nyu put his hands on his hip and inspected the room. He turned around slowly, nodding at Sunwoo's interior design choice.

Then he stopped. 

"Is that....." 

Nyu's voice trailed off as he stared at the portrait of a familiar face. He furrowed his brows and stepped closer to the painting.

His hands raised up on their own accord and hovered above the painting. Gently, his fingers grazed across the pink strokes of the hair. It trailed down to his eyes, nose, and lips. 

Nyu's breath hitched when he felt a warm drop of tear rolling down his cheek. He touched the wet patch on his face in confusion. 

Suddenly, he felt extremely suffocated. His mind felt dizzy and his heart beat extremely fast. His head ached as if a hundred sharp pins were getting stabbed into it.

"Please, don't eat me! I have a weak heart, you won't like it!"

"Ew! No! I'm not gonna eat a random person's heart!"

Nyu fell down, clutching his head. It felt like it was going to burst. 

"Where do you wanna go?" Chanhee asked after a pause.

"Our place."

Nyu let out a painful cry. His struggle made him bump into the drawer and toppled the vase on it. He glanced up as the vase started falling down. Nyu squeezed his eyes shut, not knowing what to do.

"Nyu!" 

Sunwoo's panicked voice made him open his eyes again. He looked up at a worried Sunwoo with his teary eyes. Sunwoo put down the vase and knelt down beside the shaking man.

"Nyu, are you okay?" 

"Still, I don't want to stay alone..." He cried.

"You won't be alone. I'll always be beside you." 

"We'll meet again in a thousand years. Promise me you'll stay alive until then."

"..... I promise."

"It's not.... goodbye." 

Nyu reached out to caress Sunwoo's cheeks. Sunwoo stayed still as he stared into Nyu's eyes. He didn't want to get his hopes up. 

He really didn't want to get hurt again.

"Sunwoo-yah, I missed you so much." 

Sunwoo's heartbeat quickened at Nyu's words. But before he could say anything more, Nyu fainted in his arms. 

Sunwoo caught him perfectly. Nyu sank into his embrace flawlessly as if they were each other's puzzle piece. 

Sunwoo stared down at Nyu. His tears were still wet on his cheek but his eyes seemed relaxed. Sunwoo pulled him closer into his embrace.

He pressed a kiss onto Nyu's hair and hugged him tight. Sunwoo smiled as he had finally found the answer to Jacob's question.

"It's okay. It's okay even if I'm the only one who remembers. I'll keep all of our memories for us."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.5K 3.8K 29
Cause you're hot and you're cold. You're yes and you're no. [EDITING ONGOING] --- Lee Jaehyun from The Boyz fanfic!! Hope you enjoy~
10.7K 287 40
Jay and Jungwon story "You have a weak heart, I hate you for that." "Even though I have a weak heart, it can still hold you in it." "Don't embarrass...
128K 5.6K 28
❝ what the fuck are you doing to my cat? ❞ -in which minho mistakes jisung for a cat thief and then falls in love with him ! totally not a cliché and...
366 17 8
[complete] ❝ please, think of yourself first. ❞ for someone who's always used to putting other in front of him, the word "selfish" doesn't exist in j...