Vantage || Hwang Hyunjin

By youngNfreeAstronAut

•Destined Souls series• Book 1 Two Souls are destined to be together through all lifetimes, and their story... More

~Chapter 1.~
~Chapter 2~
~Chapter 3~
~Chapter 4~
~Chapter 5~
~Chapter 6~
~Chapter 7~
~Chapter 8~
~Chapter 9~
~Chapter 10~
~Chapter 11~
~Chapter 12~
~Chapter 13~
~Chapter 14~
~Chapter 15~
~Chapter 16~
~Chapter 17~
~Chapter 18~
~Chapter 19~
~Chapter 20~
~Chapter 21~
~Chapter 22~
~Chapter 23~
~Chapter 24~ Long chapter (⚠️ish)
~Chapter 25~
~Chapter 26~
~Chapter 27~ Their Story pt. 1
~Chapter 28~ Their Story pt. 2
~Chapter 29~ Their Story pt.3
~Chapter 30~ Their Story pt. 4
~Chapter 31~
~Chapter 32~
~Chapter 33~
~Chapter 34~
~Chapter 36~
~Chapter 37~
~Chapter 38~
~Chapter 39~
~Chapter 40~
~Chapter 41~ Long chapter ⚠️🔞
~Chapter 42~
~Chapter 43~
Author note✨Please read
~Chapter 44~
~Chapter 45~
~Chapter 46~
~Chapter 47~
~Chapter 48~
~Chapter 49~
~Chapter 50~
~Chapter 51~
~Chapter 52~
Author note~ please read🥰👀
~Chapter 53~
~Chapter 54~
~Chapter 55~
~Chapter 56~
~Chapter 57~
~Chapter 58~
~Chapter 59~
~Chapter 60~ 🔞ish
~Chapter 61~
~Chapter 62~
~Chapter 63~
~Chapter 64~
~Chapter 65~
• Epilogue •
Photobook is out✨
⚠️Notice⚠️

~Chapter 35~

1.5K 94 49
By youngNfreeAstronAut

Aeri's POV

I didn't even turn around, and somehow I already knew it was Hyunjin. Honestly, I was tired of being hurt and chased after. I must admit, my feelings for him made me weak, but I was way too frustrated.

"Hyunjin you don't have to bother explaining."

"I just want to clarify why was I with her." He pulled me to him. I shrugged his grip, still not looking at him.

"I don't care, Hyunjin."

"I don't care you don't care, I'm going to explain, so if you want to give me your back that's okay, I just need you to listen."

I remained silent, eventually waiting for him to say anything.

"I told you I was busy because I had to meet with that girl."

"No shit."  To this point, I was even tearing up. Not quite because of the girl, but because he wasn't being honest with me.

"Listen first. I met with her because my father wants me to marry her. She's the daughter of some CEO we're pairing with."

I just laughed at the statement. It was seriously like Sang Hoon's story, but the updated version.

"Hyunjin, hurry up, I need to go."

"The thing is, we are getting married. Not right now, but eventually."

His words made everything way too overwhelming. Marrying her? This is even ridiculous.

"Is this some kind of joke?"  I said.

"I'm sorry, but no."

"Then why are you here explaining shit to me? Leave."

"I just wanted to clarify."

I turned around, now facing him. I didn't want him to see me crying, but I couldn't help it by now. I seriously just wanted to go to my house and know nothing about anything.

"I don't care, Hyunjin. You don't have to explain anything. I get it, so I'm leaving."

"I'm aware this isn't the best way, but I just wanted to thank you for everything."

"Uh Huh."

Somehow, he also sounded hurt.

"Bye, Aeri."  He said, and nothing more.

I just kept walking, trying my best not to sob in front of him. I came home, my parents were already there, but I didn't want to talk about anything, I just wanted to lock in my room.

"Hi baby! Where were yo-"

"I was in town, I'm going to my room mom, sorry."

My parents know me too well. They knew something was wrong, however, they respected my space and didn't chase after me.

I locked the door and threw myself to bed, now sobbing uncontrollably. Tears came down one after another, I felt horrible, my heart was aching.

Why did this even happen to me? I would have preferred if none of this happened, and I hadn't gone to that cliff that afternoon.

Marrying? That doesn't even make sense, it's like the story is repeating just because. Like their souls aren't destined to be together, so it's not mean for them, it doesn't matter in what lifetime it is.

I cried rivers untill I slept. 

Hyunjin's POV

I'm a hundred percent sure this wasn't the best decision I made, but it was necessary.

I knew that if I told Aeri the truth, it'd be just way more painful for us. I was going to tell her I'm not marrying that girl, but last minute I decided to say otherwise, so that she would even hate me.

If I'd told her, we would have probably ended up smiling to each other or even kissing, or just "fine" with each other, and that would be worse, because I'm not sticking around.

My father knocked on my door, poking his head in.

"Do you have everything ready?"

"Yes."

"Did you talk with the girl?"

"I did."

"Great, I can't wait for you guys to announce-"

"I told he I'm not marrying her."

His expresion changed, angry.

"You what?"

"You said that if I left, I didn't have to marry her, and that's what I'm doing, so I'm not marrying her."

"You're too young to understand, but you will eventually, and you'll understand why do you have to marry her."

"You can say whatever you want, I already decided."

"Any ways" he sighed "do you have everything ready? Your plane leaves early tomorrow."

"I do. Leave, I need to rest."

I had to do one more thing, before leaving to America.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Aeri's POV:

I woke up feeling like shit. I even woke up earlier, around 5:45 am. I stood up and made my way to take a hot shower, but I noticed something on my desk.

It was a small box, with a letter. The letter said "To Aeri"

I opened the box, and it was empty. I was quite confused, so I proceeded to read the letter.

Aeri,

Hyunjin here, but you already know.

First of all, I want to say that I'm sorry, for everything. I'm aware that from the beginning you didn't quite like me, and you had your reasons; I completely understood it, since I wasn't the best person.

At first I couldn't understand why did this had to happen to me, and I'm sure you felt the same, or even worse. In my case, I just didn't know who you were. But after knowing you, I actually felt grateful somehow with the universe for making us crossing our paths.

I'm aware our relationship was kind of weird, and I'm sorry for that too.

I just want you to know that everything I felt for you is real, everything. 

Today is my last day here in Korea. Shocking, I know, or not?

I know I haven't even graduated, however, my father arranged everything so I could finish my studies abroad. He decided he's opening another company abroad, and he wants me to run it.

It's complicated, and I can't explain it all, but this is something I had to do, for everyone's sake.

I wish I could explain more things to you, so that you don't hate me that much, but there wasn't any time for it, and I understand your position towards me.

This means that I won't be able to go with you to Incheon.  I know this was something we were meant to do together, but a lot of things got in the way.

Please don't rush to get the shell back. As long as you keep it safe and together, I believe the shell won't cause more problems. I bought this little box so you could store it in here untill you are able to go to Incheon and return it were it belongs.

I know it's nothing, but at least I had to do one last thing for the issue.

Aeri, I'm grateful I met you. You are a beautiful girl and wonderful being. I'm lucky I got to experience love with you.

I know you hate me, so please continue to do so, I'm probably not coming back.

Thank you for everything, I won't ever forget you, although you should forget me, I don't deserve you.

Anyways, please say Hello to Sang Hoon for me, whenever you go visit him. Let him know everything is settled once it is.

Sincerely

Hwang Hyunjin.

I don't understand.

I changed my clothes faster than light, and headed downstairs.

"Morni-"

"When did Hyunjin come?"

"About 45 minutes ago honey, he told us he was leaving and even said goodbye, he's leaving to America-"

"Why didn't you wake me?"

"He asked us not to. Is everything alright between you two hon-"

"Mom please take me to the airport."

"Aeri, you have school toda-"

"PLEASE!" I cried. "I NEED TO GO BEFORE HE LEAVES!"

My mom immediately took the car keys and signed me to come. I got in and he drived. It was a 25 minute ride, but she didn't ask me anything about it, I guess it was obvious.

I was mad at him, but I didn't know he was leaving. I would have at least said goodbye properly. My heart just kept telling me to go after him, again and again.

I kept thinking about his letter, how it didn't make sense at all. He's suddenly leaving, he's not coming back, he didn't mention the girl or his alleged marriage, and the way he said things was just weird.

I just wanted to see him one last time, that's all I knew.

But it was too late

As I got off the car, I saw a man from his company walking towards the exit. I asked him if he knew about his flight.

"The plane already left."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

369K 11.3K 48
Pairing: Gods!OT8 x !F!Reader Genre: romance, mystery, supernatural, angst, fluff, smut Summary: With no memory of who you were, you wake up in the...
839K 13.2K 65
a collection of stray kids imagines: fluff, angst, mini series, oneshots, and more! my early imagines are absolutely terrible so I recommend you read...
134K 4.6K 35
•Away from everything he's known, he meets someone different, someone who, unaware of who he really is, listens to him and tries her best to make him...
53.8K 1.5K 52
"We're just a couple of besties" they said. But are they really? - • Hyunjin x fem oc • First book • swear words contained in some chapters •it ge...