Aarhead (Editing)

By Critic_

❝I need you! What makes you so sure I won't fail?❞ ❝Because I believe in you.❞ *... More

01 || When the Plane Lands
02 || This Strange Charm
03 || For the First Time in Forever...
04 || Laughter: The Best Medicine
05 || Generosity Level: Zero
06 || Soarin' and Conquerin'
07 || Faith Trust and Pixie Dust
08 || Wanna Make Purple?
09 || Lights Camera Cut!
10 || The Hunger Games: Mocking Me
11 || Sink or Swim
12 || Should the Games Begin?
13 || These Drunken Hearts
14 || Sprinkles & Stars
15 || A Dish Best Served Salty
16 || In My Stomach and the Sky
17 || Down Like the Titanic
18 || Here Comes the Bride...
19 || What was Left Behind
20 || Worlds Collide
22 || Another Day, Another Wave
23 || Get in Her Head
24 || Let's Go Crazy
25 || The Stars Align Now and Then
26 || In Nostalgia
27 || Lost in Our Trances
28 || Where There's Lightning There's Thunder
29 || Fifty Shades of Humiliation
30 || As the Words Left My Mouth
31 || Tell Me It's Not the End of the Line
32 || The One and Only
33 || Let Her Go
BONUS Chapter
Epilogue

21 || Carpe Diem

310 16 5
By Critic_

"I want to make sure that the first person you kiss loves you. Okay?" Sam, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE FIRST THING I noticed was how smooth his lips were.

At times, I would subconciously think about how rough his plump, red lips would be. Rocky, cold, and unstable the way his personality would be.

Boy, was I wrong...

Warmth floods through my body after a nanosecond when every gap between us is closed. My cheeks must be flustered, since I can feel the heat and blood rising to them. I bet if my heart rate was shown in one of those machines in hospitals, it would be going up and down, bouncing up and down like a basketball.

And even though both of our eyes are wide open, my surroundings seem to have blurred, and I can't hear a thing.

My arms are already looped onto the back of his neck, and I could feel myself touching his disheveled hair-which is neat at the same time, somehow. For some reason, the ends of his hair are damp but so soft.

Again, our eyes are open, and I can see the look of surprise in his.

Something horrible came over me as I was fluttering my eyes shut.

There's a jolt of electricity in the air, a zipping tension, and I was being held even closer. Time lost its meaning and slowed down, almost edging to an end. We both had mutual enthusiasm, and my heart hammered in my chest so hard that it wouldn't be incorrect to say I'm having a heart attack.

Remaining mesmerized in the kiss, he put me down and pushed me against the wall, his hands around my small waist.

Just like back at the pool and that one day when we woke up intoxicated.

I feel faint and lightheaded, and the only thing that is keeping me on my feet is him. Aaron.

The fireworks that were once in the sky during the beach party seem to have made their way into my chest, leaving me buzzing and tingling in excitement. In fact, the kiss deepened down so much I felt as if we were at the bottom of the ocean. He moves one hand from my waist up to my hair, slowly feeling its volume and running his hands through it.

He had still been the one to give me my first kiss, but... this kiss was nowhere near my first. Someone had given me a rough kiss on a New Year's eve party, but I seem to have forgotten his name. Was it 'M' something?

This kiss wasn't sloppy, if anything, it was dynamic.

Worst of all, if it weren't for both of our stupid phones ringing, it wouldn't have ended.

The ringtones stopped us and awoke us, making my surroundings and the thoughts in my mind clear. Astonished, Aaron took a step back, hitting the handrail of the staircase. He blinked. Of course, after we broke apart, we left our little universe. His eyes were dynamic and filled with realization, and life has now hit him with the cold, hard truth of what had just quickly escalated.

Of our kiss.

As if by reflex to save me from humiliation, my hands immediately unzip my purse that has been hanging on my shoulder sideways. I rummage my purse, all in a split second, and I read the screen name: E-squared. Elliot.

I quickly turn around on my heel and start to walk nonchalantly toward the wedding reception, as if the kiss had never happened. My heart was a traitor that told me to throw my phone and purse away and run back to him, continuing to do what we had stopped.

My feet knew better.

What is wrong with me? I just gave in to the kiss like a moron. Even when I reached the door to the wedding reception, I couldn't bring myself to turn the handle wand walk inside. My hands only cup themselves around the knobs.

Everything happens for a reason, there is no such thing as an accident or a mistake. Go back. Seize the moment, said my conscience.

"Shut up," I snapped back. I'll admit that a few things happen for a reason, but us? We both have nothing in common. I was right to escape, wasn't I? Maybe the reason the phone even rung was to stop us.

Doubt it, snarled my conscience.

Great, I was arguing with myself.

That kiss was completely accidental, unplanned, and-

Unwanted? asked my conscience.

I wouldn't say it was completely unwanted, but... I kept on kissing him, but we-you know... We don't see eye to eye, but-grr.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"So, you mean to tell me that you just happened to carry super glue in your carry-on?" asked Tyler.

"Yes, I did," answered Alissa confidently. She was the squeaky and whiny ass voice that caused the kiss. I swear, once I realized that, I wanted to tackle her in front of everyone in the reception room.

The reason she yelled was stupid, really. She was telling someone this story about-I don't know-some girl that stars in a romantic comedy this summer. While explaining, her diamond bracelet fell on the ground because of her excessive hand gestures, and Elliot grabbed it. At first, he was going to give it back to her, but he just ran away with it to tease her. He ran so far that they left the reception room, and her running caused one of her high heels to break.

And Alissa, somehow, had super glue to fix it. "I still don't forgive you for stealing my-"

"I didn't steal anything," assured Elliot. Alissa was one to hold grudges, even after eleven P.M. in our suite.

"You ran away from me with a thirteen karat diamond bracelet in your hand. Don't you think that's what a jewelry thief would do?"

Elliot couldn't find the right words to say and kept stuttering in disbelief. "What are you, thick?" I muttered.

She sighed exasperatedly. "I'll never get this done."

"There's something called patience and money, you know," I said.

She let go of her shoe and the super glue, mimicking my tone. "There's something called makeup, you know."

"Hey, Alissa, I just want you to know that if you keep talking, that shoe won't be the only broken thing in the room," I snapped back. Her mouth formed an 'o' shape, and she's left dumbfounded.

I heard a gasp from the living room, and it's loud enough for everyone to divert their attention to it. "What? What happened?" asked Tyler (Terrence is fast asleep, and I'm not sure if it's because he 'hit it off with some chick' or if he's just tired).

Elliot comes rushing into the room. "Dude, I just remembered something!" he exclaimed.

Alissa and I gave each other confused glances, "What is it?" she asked.

Both Elliot and Tyler stayed silent, but Elliot communicated with his facial expressions (trust me, if you're really close to someone, you can do that). Tyler mouthed 'ooh,' and Elliot laughed.

Before I could interrogate them any further, Alissa quickly got up from her bed, "If you two are planning to prank me in any way, I'm gonna tell Mom," she threatened pathetically with her finger pointed.

"Don't get your panties in a twist," said Elliot. "We wouldn't waste our time pranking you, since all you would do is tattle-tale." He averted his eyes back to Tyler. "We're doing our own thing tomorrow before we go to the beach."

"We can't go after Aaron!"

"I can't go after..." said Alissa and I in unison, leaving her with a puzzling expression.

"After what happ-?" She couldn't continue because of the pillow that had come out of thin air, landing on her head. She scowled with her jaw dropped at Elliot, who looked like he was trying not to laugh.

"Is that supposed to be your innocent face?" I asked. He only gave me back a look that said 'shut up.'

As Alissa grabbed the pillow and stood up from the bed, preparing to hit him hard, something captured all of our attention. "Guys, stop!" said Elliot, causing the entire room to go silent. "Where did Aaron go?"

I still have those stupid butterflies.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

261K 10.2K 44
#3 love- Wed, 3 Apr (2024) #1 yanderefanfic- Thu, 8 Feb (2024) #1 insanity- Sun, 28 Jan (2024) #1 obsessed - Thu, 15 Jun (2023) #3 crazy- Sun, 9 Jul...
52.5M 1.3M 70
after a prank gone terribly wrong, hayden jones is sent across country to caldwell academy, a school for the bitchy, the dangerous and the rebellious...
137K 4.9K 60
An Indian brother-sister/family story. The Singhania family is the most prestigious family in the country. Together, they seemed to be invincible...
89.7M 2.8M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...