1996 [harry au]

By zeffervescent

Alexis chose the summer of 1996 to visit her Nonna in small, poorly known Clarkesville, Georgia. This year ha... More

I. Cherry
II. Fair
III. Blush
IV. Boxes
V. Cheers
VI. Midnight
VII. Cinema
VIII. Caught
IX. Baby
X. Ben
XI. Grounded
XII. Radio
XIII. Hers
XV. Tent
XVI. A Water Bottle Cap, Buttocks, and Precautions
XVII. Tropic Feeling
XVIII. Shouted
XIX. Heat
XX. Love Bug
XXI. Furious
xxii. Blame
XXIII. All I Have
XXIV. Bubbler
XXV. Summer's End Fair
XXVI. Nonna
XXVII. 2006

XIV. 0.6 Seconds

275K 8K 9.1K
By zeffervescent

Harry; 

"Be safe, Harold. I don't want getting a call that you got mugged by a bear," dad says to me. 

I laugh and wave him off. "I promise we'll be fine. No alcohol, drugs, and stupid fire tricks. Plus, there are other people at the camping site, dad." 

"I know, that's the only reason I'm letting you go through with this," he tells me, arranging the tools in his box. I tighten my grip on the strap of my bag, sighing as he adds, "Her grandmother must really like you; letting you take her granddaughter up to a camping site." 

"It's only three days," I scoff amusingly. "But, I gotta go. Love you!" I call, starting to throw my bag into the truck and climbing inside. 

"Remember to fill up the tank before you go and before you return!" He shouts after me. 

"Got it!" I turn the engine on and off I go to her house. I arrive at her house and just to my luck, she's outside with her back turned to me, looking into the mailbox.

In her pajamas, she stands there looking through envelopes. I smile to myself before quietly shutting off the engine and stepping out. I jog up behind her until she shrieks as my arms wrap around her body. She's breathing heavily, now knowingly, but surprised. 

In my arms, I pick her up and spin her around. She cries out, "It's too early for these things!" I laugh and set her down a couple of seconds later.

She turns and gazes up at me with those hazel eyes, and evidence remains that she just woke up. I immediately want to kiss her because she looks absolutely adorable.

She's frowning with confusion and breathlessly asks, "What are you doing here so early? And why are you grinning?"

"We're going on a camping trip today," I announced, watching as her mouth parts and she raises her eyebrows. "I already asked Nonna." 

Alexis nods quickly. "Come inside as I get ready. I'm excited," she gushed, eyes widening with obvious excitement. I chuckle at her as she scurries back upstairs in her striped shorts and long t-shirt, curls flying everywhere so messily. 

I run a hand through my hair and step through the door, closing it behind me. She's off to her bedroom upstairs and I wait around in the kitchen where I find Nonna already eating breakfast. She looks up at me and grins. 

"Good morning, Harry. Care to have a quick chat?" 

"Good morning." I nod quietly and sit with her, she offers me food but I have already eaten so I thank her, and refuse. I've started calling her Nonna myself, and she doesn't mind at all. 

She crosses her arms over her chest. "I'm responsible for Alexis, but you're keeping her for three days, so that means for that time being you are responsible for her, too. I just want to remind you to be careful with everything and just have fun -- not too much fun." 

I blush as she finishes her last sentence. I laugh and nod in agreement. "I will, I promise." 

"You better!" She yells playfully, then asking, "Are you sure you don't want waffles? I made them myself. I swear, nothing illegal is in them." 

We spend most of the time it gets Alexis to get ready talking about simple things. When my baby finally arrives, she's dressed in a white, cotton tank top and dark green shorts. She is tying her boots and then she ties her curls up in a pony tail. 

She sighs and grabs a waffle from a plate, biting into it while she stands near the table. "Nonna, you didn't buy anymore rum like I asked you to, right?" 

"Jesus, child, it's not like I'm addicted. Relax. I'm fine," Nonna insists, rolling her eyes. "And did you pack your things yet? Can't keep Harry waiting for ever." 

Alexis playfully snickers and hums, "I do what I want." She wraps her arms around my neck from behind as I sit, her lips descending down to my cheek. I smile and she adds, "But no, I haven't packed. I'll do that right now."

She squeezes my shoulders, signalling me to come with her. I get up and I hear Nonna turn on the faucet and the clinking of dishes. Upstairs in her bedroom, I lazily fall back against her unmade bed. 

I hear shuffling and she finally finds a brown bag to use. She unzips it and begins to gather some clothes. She tosses some things onto the bed, and ends up hitting me with a light fabric in the stomach. Frowning, I pick it up to look at what she accidentally threw at me. 

My cheeks redden a bit, but I hold the light blue fabric in my hands with a smirk. I'm lost and start to play with it, twirling it around my fingers with interest.

I hear her giggle, "Harry, stop playing with my underwear." 

"You threw it at me!" I defend myself, laughing as she takes them from me. "They were cute. I think I saw a bow?" 

"Stop," she warns. I continue to laugh to myself, and then she adds, "Maybe you'll get to see them on me." 

Oh, fuck, I thought to myself. I didn't expect her to say that, so I silence myself with my reddening skin burning hot. She clearly notices by the way she laughs at my reaction.

"Still funny?" She teases, and I shake my head, not trusting my voice. I can't admit I was turned on by what she said. "Good." 

When she finally finishes packing, I grab the bag from her and we're both rushing like children down the stairs. She briefly kisses Nonna's cheek, shouting goodbye and I wave to her grandmother, thankful she let me take her on this little trip of ours. 

We situate ourselves in the truck, tossing the bags behind us and making room for ourselves. I'm reminded to fill up the tank of gas by the diameter on such a low range. I eagerly turn the engine on and off we go. 

I stop at a gas station and quickly fill up the gas as Alexis buys snacks in the concession store. She returns with a bag of food, and she surprises me when she cheekily slides the change bills into my back pocket, letting her hand linger. 

With an amused smirk, I grab her hand just before she removes it. "Hey, hey," I warn huskily, pulling her into me with just an arm as the other is occupied with filling the car's gas supply. She laughs when I raise my eyebrows at her. "What, was that?" 

"Nothing. There was change," she wraps her arms around my neck, placing a soft kiss on my lips. I smirk against her skin, sweetly kissing her back. The arm hooked around her waist pulls her closer to my body. 

I huskily murmur, "You're cheeky, on the low." 

Her lips kiss my nose and she teasingly sings, "Better pay attention to the gas."

I pinch her hip with playful intentions, and she responds with a soft laugh. When we're finished here, I hop back inside the truck. I run the engine again and sigh, leaning back and getting comfortable for the long ride to the camp site. 

Next to me, Alexis is eating a bag of pretzels. Of course, I whine to her and ask her to feed me. She rolls her eyes at first, but nevertheless ends up putting one right in my open mouth. She reaches for one of my hands and lovingly entwines her fingers with mine. 

"So what kind of things do you have planned when we get there?" Alexis asks. 

"I wanted us to go hiking, swimming, and I'm sure there's other things." I explain to her. "I've been there a couple of times with the guys, and trust me, the stunts we pulled were the best." 

"I could just imagine you guys," she says with a grin. "Troublemakers."

I laugh. "Honestly. I think it was last year when Louis stole Niall's clothes and threatened to toss them into the water. Frankly, Niall didn't really care and out in the nude he went to get his clothes back."

"Poor Niall." 

The car ride turned into most of my stories of our past up at the camp site. "When we were nine, Zayn had this biggest crush on one of the girls that worked there, and when we ate at the little breakfast house, Liam scared the crap out of him. Poor kid peed his pants." 

"He peed himself!?" She exclaimed, mouth agape. 

I nodded. "Yep. And he cried afterwards because the girl just so happened to see it." 

She shakes her head. "Aw. You guys are so mean to each other." 

"Well, when they dye your hair green for the summer, you kind of get change of heart," I confessed, shrugging. 

"Don't tell me they --"

"Yeah. They did."

Her hands fly to her face as she laughs loudly, leaned back into the seat. "Oh my gosh. Who pulled that one?" 

"The only one who's mom works at a salon." 

"Zayn," she answers. "You better not pull any pranks on me or it's war." 

I laugh and shake my head. "I promise I won't," I assured her, squeezing her hand lightly. My thumb brushed over her knuckles slowly, feeling the soft skin there with my eyes focused on the road. Her attention remains on our surroundings, where the frequent houses we've passed become less and less common. 

They are replaced by tall trees or deserted farms, more rural than before. I fiddled with her fingers, not fully aware of my habit of playing with her small hand. It's been about five minutes when her other hand tunes onto the radio, playing a soft tune I can't seem to recognize. 

"Harry, I think I just saw a cow," Alexis blurts abruptly, and quickly.

I slowly begin to nod. "Yeah. You'll see a lot on the way. These are dairy farms." 

"I've never seen a cow. Like in person." 

My eyebrows raise in surprise. "Are you serious?"

"Completely. I am so disappointed." 

"Now we've got to see a cow before the end of the summer," I tell her jokingly, amused with her. 

Alexis's amusement seems to fade, but at the time I hadn't noticed because my eyes remained on the road. She sighs heavily and softly murmurs, "Yeah." The one of her voice is what I pick up without having to see her. 

My eyebrows furrow deeply and I'm immediately questioning her. "Hey," I began gently. "What are you thinking about?" 

She shrugs her shoulders. "Nothing...just...what will happen when summer's over and I have to move back?" 

This dreadful topic becomes the reason why I yearn to spend as much time with her because I have undoubtedly fallen for her, and of course it is to my fate that she doesn't permanently live where I wish she did. Close to me. 

I am silenced by her question. I don't know how to answer it, and I've got no idea how to start with something that will be comforting. A sigh leaves my lips, and all I do is squeeze her hand gently and bring it up to my lips. I kiss her hand repeatedly, lowly muttering, "Let's not talk about that right now."

For a moment we're both silent, but she pulls it together and starts talking about how eager she is to go swimming. I smile and casually admire her enthusiasm, how she's so excited to be with me as I am with her. I've come to realize that she has me literally wrapped around her finger. There isn't a thing I wouldn't do for her. 

"- and one time I was in the water, and a crab pinched my toe. It was a painful experience, but I managed," she rambles off with a beaming smile. "I got to keep the crab, though. I named her Sandra." 

I chuckle softly. "Why Sandra?" 

"Because I like that name, and Sandra sounds like a sassy name. I picture crabs as very sassy creatures," she laughs. "Kind of like Louis. Maybe one day I'll buy Louis a crab and --" 

"Don't talk to him about crabs. He's terrified of anything that crawls and stings," I advised her. 

She hums and shrugs. "Oh well, then maybe Liam will appreciate it." 

"He'll probably barbecue it," I explain to her, shaking my head. "And then he'll feed the same crab to you." 

"Oh," she frowns. "That's mean. I didn't peg Liam for a trickster. But anyways, what's first on the list?" 

With a shrug of my shoulders, I respond, "Hmm, I don't know. Anything you want, baby."

I'm grinning as she squeals in excitement, bursting with ideas about bathing in the sun or hiking. Part of the reason why I am just deeply obsessed with her is the fact she is so willing to try new things. She's open-minded, and I find that so easy-going. She is insanely cute as well when she's excited. I adore her.

Her bubbly persona keeps her rambling on and on. I'm zoned in on the road, though I listen to her every word with an amused grin plastered on my face. As she speaks, she holds her seat belt across her chest and looks ahead.

"Harry, you're very quiet," she points out. "I feel as if you're laughing at me or you're annoyed by my rambling, which is understandable," she smiles.

"I'd never be annoyed by your rambling. I find it cute. I don't have much to say so keep talking." I confess. 

Alexis hums. "You know what I noticed?" 

"What?" 

"We're really cheesy," she admits. "But I like it. It makes me happy."

I'm soon to agree with her. It may seem almost sickening to others, but my want to treat her like she's all I have to cherish is what encourages me to be such way. "It's not that we're cheesy. It's the fact that I like to be romantic and treat you as you should be. So maybe we are what you call cheesy, but by all means it should be a good thing." 

"I really want to kiss your face." She blurts with a sigh.

"I don't mind," I cheekily grin.

I'm not too surprised when she leans over and grabs my face, peppering kisses against my cheek and the bone of my jaw. She hums against my skin, her soft lips gently colliding with mine as she purposely turns my head. I want to keep my eyes on the road. My liking for her affection is evident through the grin on my lips. 

She kisses me one more time, biting her teeth gently into my bottom lip. I groan softly at her actions. "Please, I'm driving, baby. Don't do this to me." 

I can feel her smiling. She nibbles softly on my bottom lip, sucking it between both of hers. She's extra sensual and it is hinted with a bit of playfulness. It's going to give me a heart attack behind the wheel. I try to remain focused.

As if it could have not gotten more torturous, her hand begins to travel to my chest, feeling the toned surface through my shirt. Her mouth places loving, small, and open-mouthed pecks behind my ear. My knuckles, at this point, have flushed white with the harsh grip on the steering wheel. 

I sigh heavily. She whispers into my ear, and I can feel her breath. It makes me shudder in both astonishment and content. "Wish you weren't driving right now." 

Then her lips move south, kissing the skin of my neck. Often nibbling and sucking on the skin there, making a throaty groan leave my parted mouth. I have the urge to close my eyes, and I nearly do, but I can't. No matter how fucking cheeky she's being, and how much it's ruining my sanity.

"Fuck," I curse in a breath. My heart starts to accelerate now that she's found that spot the crook of my neck that drives me insane. I squirm in my seat. "You're killing me, babe."

She grins into my skin, pulling away. Her nose brushing up to my cheek, and she softly giggles as she whispers, "More later."

I almost wince. "Christ, how can you go from cute to so insanely sexy in point six seconds?" I breathe out. 

note: Alexis, stop being dirty, you know nonna will smack the shit outta you

:) thanks for reading homies. it's 2:35AM where I'm at, I have school tomorrow, and uh i still have to read about 54 pages for an English assignment. WOO!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8M 94.2K 82
[COMPLETED] Bentley Hale is the best street racer in the Bay Area, but everything changes when she becomes wrapped up with Harry Styles, the new offi...
Racers By sousou

Fanfiction

20.2K 430 46
Bella was a girl with a bad past , but she always thought that the past is the past , she had a normal life with her friends and boyfriend , they rac...
19.7K 284 54
I'm Willow Anne McQueen....age 20 and a fashion designer......my life was perfect when it came to luxuries and a happy family......but I had a little...
188K 6.4K 21
Melanie (aka Mel) has just moved to Indiana. She, is eighteen and is in her last year of high school. Her mom is a nurse and works a lot of late shi...