[1] Rising Atrocities

By bibliophile_panda25

❝Just because you are different, it doesn't mean you are a monstrosity.❞ It was Chase's 18th birthday and lif... More

0
1
3
4
5
6 (Under Construction 🚧)
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
5 (under construction 🚧)

2

159 61 272
By bibliophile_panda25

Born again

Chase Foreswift

Am I dead?

"Chase!" My eyes flutter open to Mr.Smith's frightened face. I notice I am in the hospital.

Mr.Smith sits on a stool by my bed. His beard has a few stains of grey so does his black hair. He is wearing his black-framed glasses, white t-shirt, brown coach jacket and pair of black trousers. He is holding his flat cap and his eyes held a connotation of concern, "Thank God you are okay. Boy, you scared the hell out of me."

"I am alive?" I question trying to sit. I groan when I feel a certain pain near my chest. The sunlight traveling through the window touches my face.

"Easy there." He says. I rest my back on a pillow and sigh, "What did this to you boy." He asks with confusion and fear touched in his voice. I stay numb. I don't know what it was either. 'A werewolf, maybe.' I don't know whether to lie or tell the truth. If I tell him the truth. Will he believe me?

"Umm." I hesitate. Mr. Smith raises his eyebrows eagerly. "It was a-" I sign and let it out, "-wolf." There was a tint reluctance in my voice. "It was a wolf and it attacked me."

"Jesus Christ!" He widens his eyes. I nod and press my lips into a line. "You are lucky, man. Mr.Wikson found you just in time before It was too late."

"Well, I should thank him I guess," I say.

"You betcha." He smiles with a nod. There was a silence. He stands up before putting on his cap, he says, "Chase, take care of yourself, man. You are just like my son. If anything happens to you I won't be able to forgive myself." He places the cap over his head.

I smile. 'Doesn't it feel good to know that someone cares for you?' "Mr.Smith, Thank you," I say placing a hand over my abdomen.

"For what?" He asks with amusement.

"For everything."

"Oh boy, I think you just made me cry." Both of us chuckle. "I will take you home this evening till then rest, Chase."

"Okie Dokie." then he takes off leaving me alone.

***

Mr. Smith as he has promised brought me home. There are bandages over my chest and lastly, a small bandaid stick to my forehead. Mr. Smith helps me out of the car and guides me into the drawing-room.

I lie down on the couch. I am soon accompanied by Mrs.Smith and Emma her daughter. There was a tv across the sofa. Mr.Smith turned it on and handed me the remote. "If you want to watch something, here is the remote.-" I clutch the remote and place it near me. "-If you want to read anything, you can always ask Georgia." He turns around to look at Mrs.Smith, who was standing near the door.

She returns a forced smile. "Of course." She says with hidden disgust and resentment. Mr. Smith just looks away from her. He knows that Mrs.Smith didn't like me. I once overheard them when I was young about 10. She said that Mr.Smith should have left me at an orphanage. That was the first time I knew what guilt was. She kept saying that I was squandering their money. Mr.Smith ignored her and still kept me.

Emma comes through the door and asks, "Hey Chase, How are you?" She looks a lot like Mrs.Smith but her hair was as black as her father's.

"I am fine, Emma," I mumble.

"Get well soon, okay." She says and places a kiss over my cheeks. "Bye." She waves her hand and then turns to look at her mother, "Bye, mom." She places a kiss over her cheek. Emma was nice to me, she treated me like her brother. It is because I used to look after her when Mr and Mrs weren't at home.

Mr. Smith smiles at Emma as she walks by. "Honey, wait outside. I am coming." Emma nods and leaves. He then looks at me, "Bye, Chase." I wave a hand. He advances towards Mrs.Smith, "Can I talk to you for a second?" He says.

Mrs. Smith gives me a look and went outside to talk with her husband. I know what he was going to say to her. 'Be good to him. He is a human, he deserves to be loved. '

I press a button on the remote to turn on the tv. After a few minutes, I hear the front door shut. I gaze at the door when Mrs. Smith enters the room. She takes a chair positioning it to face me, blocking my view. I know what is coming from her not so lovely face. She has her blonde hair tied into a bun and places her round-shaped glasses over her blue eyes.

She begins staring at me. I feel a bit uncomfortable being left alone with her. I mean she is no less than a wolf, to be honest. "Didn't I tell you to not go to that stupid date?" She says in a rather low voice. "I had told you, that girl, she is playing you and squandering your money."

I peer at my hands trying to withstand her. I feel quick wrath voyaging through my veins. I feel like ripping the cruel heart out of her chest. It is a bit astonishing for me because I am mad at her practically every day but this time it's odd. "Oh my bad,-" She continues, "-you don't have any money. She was wasting our money." and then she yells, "Say something Foreswift!"

"Sorry. Mrs.Smith, I will not do it again." I murmur folding my fingers into fists shoving off the rising rage inside me.

"Oh. You better be." She comments and goes away slamming the door with much force.

I sit there staring at the tv screen, trying to comprehend what happened to me. 'So it was a man and a wolf, so a werewolf, like in the movies and the books. 'Our town has werewolves that's cool and scary at the same time.' I grab the end of my t-shirt and lift it. Observing my scars,

Definitely an animal.

'God, I feel lucky for the first time.'

I recall that the wolf had bitten my arm but to my surprise, my arm doesn't have any scar. It is clear, 'But it bit me there. Maybe it's just my thoughts.' I start watching television to get my mind away from these mysterious accidents.

After an hour or two. Mrs.Smith shouts, "Boy! Come here and help me. You have taken enough rest, now it's time to work."

"Coming, Mrs.Smith. " I yell back, switching off the tv. I stand up to my feet and start to walk towards the door. Placing the hand over the doorknob I try to unlock the door. To my surprise the knob broke from the door, resting at my hand. "Holy mother of pearl!"

It is weird and scary. Weird as I know I am not this strong. Scary as I know I am in trouble. Mrs.Smith is going to kill me. I place the knob on the floor in a manner so that It looks like an accident. Taking a deep breath, I check my surrounding to make sure nobody saw me. Finally, I go out after a few seconds

Reaching the kitchen, I see Mrs.Smith with her back towards me cutting vegetables. I knock at the door before entering so that she doesn't get startled like the last time and bark like a bloody dog.

"Boy. Cut this vegetable for me." She says instantly when she notices me. I have never seen sympathy in her eyes. She doesn't care for me, that's for sure. Nevertheless everything I do for her. I am still the 'Foreswift's boy' for her.

"Yes, Miss." I stand by her side. Wrapping my fingers around the handle of the knife. I take the tomatoes from the basket, chopping them carefully.

"So entertain me." She says abruptly.

"I beg your pardon." I halt and eye Mrs.Smith.

"That punk-ass girlfriend of yours, did you two make out?" She teases. I feel a sudden irritation as she speaks each word. No matter how hard I try I couldn't govern myself.

"That's none of your business." I clench my jaw and glared at her.

She stares at me for a second and I realize I shouldn't have said that. Her eyes get filled with anger, "You disobedient brat!" She snaps, "How dare you talk to me like that." She yells.

"I was just being honest," I say almost immediately

'Damn it, Chase.'

She faces me and stares at me like she will rip off my head, but I am not afraid this time. I have had enough of her hurtful words and torment. "You-." She takes a deep breath. "-Being honest with me Foreswift. " I ignore her words, "Fine." I have never got into a fight with her before. "Now it's my turn. You are so ungrateful I sometimes want to kick you out of my house. We waste so much money on you yet you dissatisfy us every time. You know what something I feel your parents are fortunate that they died. God! I can't imagine how disheartened they would have been to see their failure."

"Shut up!" I yell shoving the knife into the tomato and push her to the ground. "Shut your face, you cruel bitch. Don't you dare talk about my parents?"

She stares at me terrified, I predict her to rebel rather she whispers, "What are you?" I raise my eyebrows in confusion. I turn to face my reflection over the kitchen window. My eyes retain the shade of amber identical to the man that attacked me, A pair of teeth accumulate out near my lips.

I mutter, 'That bastard turned me.'

I back away and run a hand through my hair in frustration. My back hit the kitchen wall. 'What the hell is happening with me?' I place my hands on my face and stare at my reflection. Apprehension invades my heart. 'What is happening?'

"Get out of my house." Mrs.Smith whispers. When her voice enters my ears, I slowly see my monster face disappear. I turn my head to glance at her. She trembling on the ground. She gulped, "You are a monster. Get the hell out of my house." She yells. My heart broke into a thousand pieces on hearing that words. I try to help her stand up but she flinches and crawls away, "Stay away from me." She says terrified.

My heart captures a weird combination of both hurt and anger. A monster is that what I am now. I hurt her. I pushed her, she could have gotten badly injured. Why is this happening to me? Why can not my life be normal for just one freaking minute. I back away and gulp. My throat felt dry, I couldn't utter a word. Because if I did I would burst into tears.

I run out of the kitchen and halt in front of the door. My hands shivered when I touched the knob. I suddenly heard footsteps. I peek over my shoulder to notice Mrs.Smith throwing my wallet towards me. She runs away into the kitchen. I bit my lips to stop the cry that was waiting to be free. I pick up the wallet and glance at Mrs.Smith gazing at me from behind the kitchen door, "Get out!" She repeats the words. "Never come back, you freak." She shuts the door. Now, I am more than just hurt by her words.

So I run away.

I was alone but I was never lonely. My heart ached at the notion that I can't go anywhere. I don't have anyone to comfort me. Anyone to tell me that it's okay. That I am okay.

In this condition, even the slightest bark from a dog makes me angry. I pull on my hoodie. Shoving my hands inside my pockets. I walk on the streets alone in the dark. I check my watch to realize it is 2:45.

'Will Mr.Smith look for me?'

Maybe all of them will have some peace now that I am gone. After all, I was a headache. I wanted to laugh at my state. I am outside for 5 bloody hours and I hoping for Mr.Smith to come looking for me.

All my physical pain doesn't seem to matter anymore. The words 'Never come back you freak' ransacks my head. "What the hell is wrong with me?" I say to myself. Wasn't it bad enough? "Why do all the bad things happen to me?" Maybe Mrs. Smith was right. I was unlucky from the day I was born.

"Poor boy." I hear someone chuckle. I could my anger voyaging my body. I clench my jaw and turn around to look at that bastard. The one who is the reason why my life went from bad to worse "Mommy threw you out of your house." I could feel my anger boil within my chest. All I wanted to do now was snatch his so-called heart out of his chest. "I came looking for you."

Word count- 2247

Hey guys. Thanks for checking out this chapter. What do you think?

What do you think of Mrs.Smith? She is a b-word, isn't she?

Don't forget to vote and comment. I love you guys.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

280K 21.8K 30
This is book 5 of the cross-shifter series and a continuation of sorts for Whiskers. Happiness wasn't something that you earned. It was something th...
513K 13.4K 33
Shay Black is your average 17 year old girl. The only difference? She's a pure breed. As in 100% pure breed Alpha blood line. Chase Silver is Alpha o...
88.6K 3.6K 27
For Melody her eighteenth birthday was supposed to be the best day of her life but it lead her down a path of no return. Three years on she is stuck...
886K 19.8K 38
I was being given away to alpha's of another pack i look up to see who i was being given to. As soon as i look up at them ,they growl and grab me 'MA...