[1] Rising Atrocities

By bibliophile_panda25

❝Just because you are different, it doesn't mean you are a monstrosity.❞ It was Chase's 18th birthday and lif... More

0
2
3
4
5
6 (Under Construction 🚧)
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
5 (under construction 🚧)

1

272 64 311
By bibliophile_panda25

The Wolf Bite

Chase Foreswift.

"You have got this"

The street seems more diligent than normal. The lights appear to shine brightly or maybe it is me who is feeling different today.

12th March, today's date imparts both mirth and sadness to my very existence. Birthday is the day when people treat you a little differently than they usually do because it's your day and that is the reason why I am happiest on this day, that's why everybody is happiest on this day. Despite that, I remain unhappy as my parents aren't there to celebrate it with me. I feel incomplete, broken, and even fragile thinking of it.

I bite my lower lip and tap my foot gently on the ground. I am standing outside my date's house with a rose in my hand. The fold the sleeves of my blue shirt, unnecessarily. This is something that I am doing to distract myself from the anxiety that is whacking against my mind.

The air blows gently, touching my chin as my heart thumps across my chest. I have been trying to ask her out for quite a long time but never got the chance because of my anxiety.

She is Lily Campbell, the popular girl in high school and I am Chase, a nobody. I bet she hardly knew I existed until I asked her out. My eyes were fixed at the rose as I touched its petals with my fingers. I exhale when I hear the door click open.

I raise my head to glance at Lily. She stands at the door with a smile is painted over her face. A face so beautiful that made my heart smile. She tucks a lock of her red hair behind her ears.

She is wearing a black crop top with a denim skirt. She places a hand on the doorknob and the other hand traveled down to pull the back edge of her shoe. "Bye Mom." She calls out before shutting the door. She walks towards me clutching her purse to the side of her skirt. "Chase, aren't you the punctual one?" She says.

I scratch the back of my neck while my mind screams, 'Say it! Don't freak out and say it!' I let out a quiet laugh and reply with my voice as low as a whisper."What can I say, It will be unwise of me to keep a pretty girl waiting," She giggles and lowers her head. I half-smile and take a step forward stretching my hand to give her the rose, "I bought something for you."

She raises her head and gazes at me in an amazed manner, "That's so sweet of you, Chase." She stretches her hand, gradually wrapping her fingers around the stalk of the rose, before pulling it out of my hand gently.

I blush and stand there staring at her pretty face. I am frozen at my position. She comes forward and grabs my arm. "So, let's waste no more time and proceed to our destination. shall we?" She whispers. I nodded and direct her to my car.

The car isn't mine. It belongs to my father's friend, Mr. Edward Smith. He is the closest thing I have to a father. My family was killed in an accident when I was 7. Since then Mr.Smith sort of adopted me and treated me like one of his own. However, his wife, Mrs. Georgia Smith isn't fond of me. She thinks that I am a burden. She never said it though but her actions and demeanor were enough to deliver that message. She prefers to call me boy or Foreswift. She never has once called me by my name. I figured that it might have killed her to call me Chase.

While driving I turned on the music. 'American Boy' by Estella streamed through the speakers. I kind of like this song. But I am not sure if Lily has the same taste in music as me. So, I turn towards her and mumble, "Do you want me to change it?" She shakes her hand and shows a thumbs up. I smile and focus on my driving.

I am determined to take her to a cafe close to her house. I keep in mind not to spent much money as I don't want to be broke like I was the previous month and the one before that and the one before, well it sort of goes on. I work in a cafe close to Mr.Smith's house and It somehow isn't enough for me. I hate asking for money from Mrs.Smith which I end up committing almost every month.
"Spent your money wisely, boy!" is all she says.

When we reach our destination, I open the door of the cafe for her, She provides me a smile and mouths "Thank you." before entering.

After she takes her seat across me, she moves a lock of hair away from her eyes and asks quite enthusiastically, "Chase, so tell me something about yourself."

I giggle, "There is nothing to say. I am not an interesting person."

"I don't think so. I feel there is more to you, Chase. You just hide it within yourselves." I provide a half- smile. I don't know if her assumptions about me are true. She gradually places both her hands over the table and smirks, "I heard today is your birthday."

My eyes went wide. 'No! No! ' screams my mind, 'God no!'. I stutter, "Who told you that?" I am a bit shocked. I mean there is no way she would know that unless......

"Your friend, Tim did." As I have expected.

"He did." I glance at my hand and then place it on the table.

"He also told me that you think of this date to be a gift for your 18th birthday." She says gradually caressing the back of my hand using her fingertips. I gaze at our hands with a low chuckle.

***

We did spend some quality time back at the cafe. She kept talking about how her friends and kept numb. Because I didn't bore her with my awful life story. She gave me her number. That's a good sign, right?

"Chase where have you been throughout my life," Lily says placing her hand on my thigh.

Driving towards her house, I laughed, "Just wandering around unobtrusively, nevertheless hoping you will notice me," I say pushing the brakes. She removes her hand and we get out of the car.

I watch her as she turns to leave, shoving both of my hands inside the denim pockets. After walking a few meters, she halts at her position. I feel that she is asking me to come towards her. So, I did as my instincts asked me to.

"So?" She positions her hands behind her back and whispers.

"So?" I repeat providing her with a tiny smile and furrow my eyebrows, unable to process what she is referring to.

"This is the part where you say something." She answers.

'Way to go, Chase!'

I smile awkwardly.

'Do it! She won't bite! Just do it!'

I gradually walk towards her. I caressed her fingers gently, lifting her hand. I let my lips touch the top of her hand gradually traveling towards her knuckles. I raise my head and ask, "Lily Campbell will you be my girlfriend?"

She places a hand over her mouth, and then over her eyes, "You know, you really know how to make a woman blush." I bite my lips at the unexpected compliment. "Anyways, " She puffs and replies in a soft and quiet tone, "Yes. Mr.Foreswift, I will love to be your girlfriend."

She travels towards me with a smirk. I smirk gradually walking towards her because I knew exactly what I had to do. I cup her face and lower my head, to place my lips on her.

She kisses me back and places her hand over my chest. I remove my hands from her face and smile. Gazing at her face, I say, "Good night."

She bites her lips and tucks a lock of her hair behind her hair. Peeking back at her house, she turns to look at me and whispers, "Bye." She turns to leave and before entering her house she glances at me and walks in blushing.

I fold my arms over my chest and smiled to myself. I thought she would be mean. She appears to be nothing like Tim said. She is so nice.

My thoughts are interrupted when I sense a weird feeling. I unfold my arm and look around. All I felt was the wind caressing my skin. I shook away the thought and sauntered towards the car.

It was 10 and the streets are empty and silent. Getting in the car, I start to drive. Mr.Smith's house is a bit far from here.

As I pass by the bayou, I figure it is cold yet I didn't wear the jacket because I don't want to stop the car at this spot. They say it is replenished with wolves and I don't want to be their happy meal.

The car comes to an abrupt halt. I thump of the steering wheel and throw my head above my head. "Damn it." I curse. It was out of fuel. "Why did it have to stop here?"

Luckily I had it stored in the trunk.
Cursing my luck, I jump off the car to get the oil, I stand facing the trunk. I could hear the hooting of the owls in the silence of the night. It only made me anxious.

Out of the blue, I hear footsteps behind me. "Need help with that." It is a masculine voice. I twist to find a muscular man. He was wearing a grey t-shirt and black trousers. He had a beard and long black hair.

"No thanks It's just a petrol problem. I can handle it." I say and take out the container from the trunk. 'Is he a thief or robber?' I open the lid of the container and start to pour it into the gas tank. From the corner of my eyes, I could see the man staring at me with amusement smeared over her face. 'Chase, let's get the hell out of here.'

I quickly shut the container throwing it in the backside. I quickly turned to leave, when the man says, "You should be careful while passing by this bayou at nighttime.-" I ignored him. "-You never know when you come across the big bad wolf."

"Excuse me." I turn towards him. My heart begins to beat vigorously when I see his supposedly vicious face. His eyes have a shade of amber, his ears are slightly pointed. A pair of ivory teeth begin to appear. His nails have started to grow. Hunger is smeared over his face. I froze at the place. I have never in my life seen anything like that. I have only heard of creatures like this in books and tv shows. "Man look. I don't know what you are but please let me go." I stutter attempting to get into the car

"Yeah sure." He teased. Within a few seconds, she was standing in front of me. I gulp and try to run away but he grabs my arm and shoving me to the ground. He got over me. His saliva dropped over my face, as I try to push him off. My heart began to beat faster. I could feel my blood mix with fear and pain. My brain was unable to dictate my next move. He shovels his teeth into my arm. My scream fills the entire atmosphere. Fear and pain had conquered my body.

Today is my birthday and here I am dying. The wolf's nails rip off my shirt and blood began to gush out through my scar. I could feel my body weakening. Suddenly I hear a howl and with the response to that, The man lifts his head. He looks around and runs away.

The pain spreads throughout my body. My blood had created a pool around me. I place a hand over my abdomen and try to pull out my phone from the pocket. My hands begin to shake as I take out my phone. I try to dial 911 but I am too late.

Word count - 2060

Thanks for reading.

>What do you think about the first chapter?
>What do you think about Chase?
>Do you think he will make it?

Vote. Comment. (If you think it deserves it).

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90K 2.4K 25
Werewolf X Reader First day of school, and you met him. A boy that both frustrated you, and attracted you. But what happens when you learn of his sec...
455 32 24
She is just a normal girl, until she is bitten one fateful night. The wolf who bit her, turns out to be her mate . . . and an Alpha.
404K 9.8K 33
I smell the scent again and look around and my eyes met his bright green ones my biggest bully the soon to be alpha of my pack. Lucifer Rossi oh god...
15.9K 436 21
[BOOK ONE] "I know, you're a werewolf!" Stephanie and her twin brother Stiles had a pretty average life but when their best friend gets bitten and tu...