Becoming a Ninja (Naruto fan...

By BrookeSimmons

The Okami clan, like many clans, it is destroyed leaving only one survivor, Yuki Okami. Four years after Yuki... More

Chapter 1- Enter Yuki Okami
Chapter 2- The Graduation Test
Chapter 3- So You're My New Sensei
Chapter 4- The Survival Test
Chapter 5- Pass Or Fail
Chapter 6- Who knew Naruto's complaining would get us a C-rank mission
Chapter 7- Metting Zabuza
Chapter 8- Let the Training Begin
Chapter 9- I See My Dead Mom and Meet an Uzumaki
Chapter 10- Wait, Does This Mean I'm Dead?!
Chapter 11- Fighting Haku, what did I miss?
Chapter 12- Meeting Gaara
Chapter 13- Yuki in the Hosipital
Chapter 14- The Chunin Exams Part 1
Chapter 15- The Written Exam: Naruto Don't Fail Us Now!
Chapter 16- Day One in the Forest of Death
Chapter 17- I Hate Sound Ninja
Chapter 18- Yuki Okami V.S Nekito Ashimi
Chapter 19- I Don't Care if You're an Old Man!
Chapter 20- All that chakra, and all I get is a puppy!
Chapter 21- Alpha
Chapter 22- Chunin exams : Yuki V.S Himura
Chapter 23- Itachi Uchiha
Chapter 24- The Woman I've been Looking for! Tsunade!
Chapter 25- The Rasengan
Chapter 26- The Bet
Chapter 27- Winning a Bet
Chapter 28- Minato Namikaze
Chapter 29- The Surgery
Chapter 30- Team Conflicts
Chapter 31- To Bring Him Back
Chapter 32- Betrayed
Chapter 34- A Rank Mission
Chapter 35- Mission Complications
Chapter 36- Not the last
Chapter 37-
Chapter 38- The Kessho Village
Chapter 39-Itachi and Kisame
Chapter 40
Chapter 41- Leaving

Chapter 33- New Training

8.9K 324 23
By BrookeSimmons

I do not own Naruto

Flashbacks will be in italics

........................................................

Soft voices woke me from the darkness I was swimming in. Along with the voices, I was greeted with a aching from my stomach, no doubt from the injury I had sustained from... Blinking open my eyes, I squinted as I adjusted to the bright lights. Having a whole room covered in white didn't help with the brightness. If the white room didn't give away mo location, the smell of sanitizer definitely did.

Haring the shushed voices, I glanced over to my right. They had yet to notice me, as they were both in a deep conversation. I clenched the bed sheets, realizing they were talking about Sasuke. The person I had failed to retrieve. Just the thought of him made my stomach clench, for various reasons.

I clenched my jaw as I forced myself to stand up. That had been the first mission I was sent on as any type of leader. I had to check on the other members that had been on the mission, hopefully they were in better shape. Stepping off the bed I opened the door. My eyes widened as I stumbled, falling on the ground as I tried to walk in the hall.

"Yuki!" Sakura exclaimed running to me as I fell.

She caught me before I hit the floor. "You're injured, you can't be walking around with that wound in your stomach. I may not know how you got it, but it was really deep." She looked at me worried as she lead me back to the bed. I clenched my teeth, there was no way I was going to tell her who did it.

"Don't you worry Yuki-chan, Sakura-chan! I'll get Sasuke back!" Naruto shouted showing his goofy grin. I looked down at the bed after seeing him, the only skin that showed was his blue eyes and mouth, the rest of him was covered in bandages.

'I failed to protect him, again.' I thought bitterly as I clenched the white bed sheets. If my emotions hadn't gotten the best of me, I could have brought him back. I was too busy crying to focus on Sasuke, and he hit me when I was distracted.

I heard Sakura say something then walk out, I hadn't listened. Suddenly the window opened, there on the window was Jiraiya.

"So, it looks like you're both back, and all bandaged up." He smiled at us.

"What are you doing here Pervy Sage?" Naruto shouted.

"Just to see my two students. Also to tell you both you're coming with me as soon as you're better. I'm going to train you guys. In three years the Atakaski are going after the tailed beast in you Naruto, and I got word they are going to strike in three years." He turned to me. "Yuki, the Atakaski seem to have found an interest in you. Someone in the organization wants you in it, which means they will e going after you as well. That's not including Orochimaru's interest in your Tensai either. So I'm taking you to train with Naruto and I to train for three years."

"We don't have three years! Orochimaru is going to take Sasuke's body, we need to get strong now! We have to get Sasuke back!" Naruto and I shouted in unison.

Jirayia's eyes darkened. "Forget Sasuke! He left the village to go to Orochimaru. You're both fools to still go after him. Especially you Yuki, he hit you in the stomach with the Chidori! He's no friend of yours anymore, after your surgery you were weaker and Sasuke knew that. That chidori would have killed you before, even more so now! If he was your-" I cut him off.

"Sasuke is in the dark right now. He's confused is all, I don't give up on my friends, ever, no matter what they have done. Besides, Naruto-kun made a promise to bring him back, and I'm going to help him. I'm not going to lose a friend- or comrade, so go ahead and call me a fool I'm still going to bring him back." I looked up with a determined look in my eyes. A part of me was angry with the fact he had exclaimed where my stomach wound was from. If I was lucky Naruto wasn't paying attention.

Naruto agreed with me, saying his own little speech. I tried not to laugh when he said he would create his own jutsu.

'He did it before, although it was the sexy jutsu.' I thought as I looked at Jiraiya, who seemed to have the same thought, before he said he would train us, despite us being fools.

When Jirayia left Naruto turned to me. "I have a feeling Sakura is going to go after Sasuke."

I nodded, "Then let's go after her!"

..........................................

Naruto and I ran after Sakura. I ignored the pain in my stomach as I ran.

"Sakura-chan! Wait up!" Naruto and I shouted, she stopped to turn to us.

"I'm going after Sasuke-kun. There is nothing you can say to stop me!" She declared.

"Why would we stop you? Were going with you." I said stopping beside her.

"Wha- but, you are aware that once we step out of those gates we are rouge ninja's, right?" She stated looking at us two slightly worried.

We nodded, "Yeah, but we can't let you go by yourself. We are all a part of team seven, so lets go get Sasuke!" Naruto shouted.

We only took one step when Jirayia jumped down a tree. I instantly took out a kunai. "Easy Yuki! We got a mission, well Naruto and Sakura do. I'm taking you guys to the land of rice patties. I have news of the sound village being there. If you wanna get Sasuke back you gotta know where to look." I stared at him.

"Why can't I go?!" I shouted.

"Because you're injured, and before you say 'Naruto is'  he heals faster than you do. I believe Lady Tsunade wanted to train you while we are gone, until I get back to train you. So go to the Hokage's office, she wants to see you." Jirayia said, a smirk playing on his face. "Besides, we all know you won't be going back to the hospital, unless they chain you to the bed."

"I'm fine really!" I replied, he raised a eyebrow and poked my stomach. "Ow!" I yelped wincing.

"I thought so. Look you wanted some training, so go do that besides, Orochimaru is going to be there and I don't want him near you. It would be to easy for him to take you then." I pouted but nodded.

Quickly I turned to Naruto and Sakura. "Sorry I won't be able to help you guys, good luck." I gave Naruto a quick hug.

Turning to Sakura I smiled. "Good luck Sakura." I paused, then smiled at the pink haired girl. "Ne, as a tip, when you're punching guys, use the same strength you use on Naruto-kun." A smile lit up Sakura's face, followed by a small giggle from her and a complaint from Naruto.

"Okay, well see you guys!" I smiled as Sakura and Naruto went to go pack for their mission. Then, I looked up at Jiraiya. "Don't let them get hurt, Grandpa Sage." He blinked, looking down at me then nodded.

.........................................

I walked into Tsunade's office, only to see her asleep. I laughed softly before walking back out and knocked on the door. Perhaps I should try being polite, she is the Hokage after all.

"Huh? Who's there?" I heard a groggy Tsunade ask.

"It's me, Yuki." I replied smiling.

"Oh, come on in." She said.

I opened the door once again and walked in. "Pervy Sage told me you wanted to see me."

"Ah, yes well I want to start your training. Now I know it's late, and you're still healing, but since Jirayia is going to be taking you and Naruto soon to train I thought we could get what little bit of training in. Besides, I've noticed how you always seem to leave the hospital. If you want to wait till tomorrow that-"

"Nah, I would rather start tonight Granny Tsunade." I smiled.

She blinked then smiled at me. "Okay, then let's go." Tsunade stood up and walked out the office, I was soon after her.

.......................................

I looked down at the fish in front of me. Wrinkling my nose I said, "Do we have to use fish? It stinks!"

She sighed, "Yes, now do what I told you!" She demanded sitting down on a couch.

I made the hand signs then focused chakra into my hands. Once the green chakra became visible I placed my hands onto the small fish.

'Good thing Mom taught me about chakra control when I was younger.' I thought.

Much to mine and Tsunade's surprise the fish came back to life in about twenty minutes of me trying. I picked up the flopping fish and showed it to her proudly.

"Like that Granny?" I asked smugly

She nodded. "Wow, you catch on quick Yuki. That normally takes a couple days to do. Let me get you a bigger fish." She smiled walking off.

After tossing the fish in the water I asked. "So are you going to show me how you get your strength?"

She placed a slightly bigger fish on the scroll, ruffling my hair she stated. "From what I've seen you have enough strength. Now get back to the medical." She went to sit back down on the plush couch.

I sighed but continued, doing the hand signs I focused the chakra into my hands again. Once they were glowing green I placed them over the fish again. Beads of sweat dropped down my face as I tried to revive the fish. I lost my consecration, losing the green glow of chakra. I panted heavily as the exhaustion took over.

Tsunade noticed, "How about we call it a night." It wasn't a question, but rather a demand.

I shook my head. "No, I still want to go on. It's not good enough, you don't have to stay if you don't want to." I stated slightly disappointed at the end.

She smiled slightly from the corner of my eye. Then she sighed. "What kind of teacher would I be if I let my student be alone on her first time being trained by me, I'll stay a little more."

That brought a smile to my face. Doing the hand signs I, once again, began healing the fish. About a hour passed and finally the fish starts to move. I jumped up and down happily.

"Granny! I did it lo-" I turned to see a passed out Tsunade.

I walked over to her and put her in a laying down position, after finding a blanket I draped it over her. Then I turned off the lights, 'it's late, besides I don't want to wake up Tsunade.' I cringed at the thought.

I walked out of the Hokage building, then proceeded to go home. My stomach stinging in pain as I was breathing heavily as if I had run a marathon. To say I was tired would be a under statement.

I unlocked my apartment door and walked in. Taking off my shoes I went into the kitchen to grab something to eat. Deciding to just make ramen I put a pot on the stove to start heating the water.

While the water heated I went to clean up the dishes, grabbing a knife the wrong way it cut my hand. I dropped the other dishes in my hand by surprise, they landed in the water filled sink. I washed the blood off my hand before a idea came to my mind. I focused chakra to my hand, when it glowed green I saw the cut heal, more slowly then when other medic's do it but it healed.

"I wonder." I mumbled looking at my stomach.

Placing my hands on my stomach wound I focused my chakra to my hands, making them glow green. The pain dulled a little, not all the way but a good amount. I smiled and stopped.

After eating my ramen I took a shower and went to bed.

...........................................

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I panted as I tried to perfect the jutsu my mom showed me. Doing it again I whispered, "Jade crystal blade." This time, thankfully, a blade of crystal made its way onto my arm.

I smiled proudly, but it turned into a frown as I soon realized my mom had left to go do something. After deciding I had mastered it I decided to try my own jutsu with my other chakra nature, wind.

Making the hand signs I saw another ninja do. I whispered, "Air bullets" then I blew out my mouth, a few bullets flew out, but not at the speed or as powerful I had seen the other ninja do them.

The few bullets that came out made a few dents in the tree, but did not go through them. I stopped when I felt the familiar pain, clutching my chest I coughed up warm red liquid.

Taking out my pills I popped in two. Tilting my head I looked up at the colorful sky, the sun was setting. Mom had told me if she wasn't back by sunset then to just go home. Frowning I started walking home. Dad was on a mission too, as always.

I looked at the ground as I walked, my six-year-old feet kicking rocks as I went. I passed people, all smiling happily as they talked to each other.

Mom must be on a mission, the Hokage did summon her, and Dad is on a mission too, so it looks like I'm alone tonight. Not noticing where I was walking I bumped into someone.

I fell backwards due to my surprise. My eyes widened as I stuttered, "I-I'm sorry!"

The boy turned around along with his friend. He sneered, "Watch where you're going brat!" I nodded.

He pointed to his headband. "You see this? I'm a genin, so you should not mess with me."

I nodded again trying not to push my luck. 'I just bumped into you, I wasn't messing with you, sheesh.' I thought.

"I'm sorry for bumping into you. I didn't see you when I was walking." I muttered.

The so called genin narrowed his eyes at me. "What are you doing without your parents anyway, brat?"

"They are out on missions, I was out traini-" I got cut off as I was shoved back to the ground.

"Well since their out on a mission I guess we can teach you a lesson for bumping into people, it's rude!" His friend kicked my side.

I winced, then started to back up, or at least trying to. 'Why did I take the back way?' I thought mentally slapping myself.

They grabbed my foot pulling me upside down. My eyes showed the fear I felt as I looked at their angry upside down faces.

"Now where were you-" The genin was cut off.

"Put the girl down." They turned to show a older boy, that oddly looked a lot like Sasuke. Hey Sasuke was standing beside him!

"I-Itachi!" They stammered then dropped me harshly.

I closed one eye biting my lip as I tried not to yelp in pain from being dropped. I heard foot steps, two pairs running away and two walking towards me.

Someone knelt down to me. "You okay?" The boy I'm guessing is Itachi asked me.

I nodded still looking down. "T-Thank you for helping me." I whispered as I stood up swaying slightly. I kept my face to the ground to keep from looking as Itachi and Sasuke. I only looked up when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

Sasuke tugged on Itachi's pants. "Onii-san, that's Yuki, she's in my class." So that was Sasuke's older brother.

"Where do you live Yuki? I'll walk you home." Itachi smiled down at me kindly.

I pointed in a direction."That way." He nodded stood up then took Sasuke's hand, he held out his other hand for me to take.

I looked at his hand confused for a second before taking his larger hand and started walking.

"Yuki-chan, why were those boys doing that to you?" Sasuke asked curiously.

I shrugged, "It's not the first time they did that. Although they only do that when my parents aren't in the village."

"Why though?" He asked again.

"It was a long time ago. My parents always tell me to be nice to Naruto. So when I saw those two picking on him, I sorta interrupted.. Since then when they see me alone they do that. It's okay though, I've gone through worse." I thought of my illness before forcing a smile as we neared my house.

Itachi had a small frown on his face. He knelt down to me again putting his hand on my head as he ruffled my hair. "When your parents are out of the village on missions, Sasuke and I can walk you home if you like."

My eyes widened in shock before I smiled. "Um, sure. Thank you Itachi-sempai."

................................

End of Chapter 33! I'll update some time soon. So don't forget to vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

403K 10.5K 64
Y/n Uchiha was the Youngest Sibling of Madara and Izuna. She was adopted by Madara after her parents died in the battle between the Senju and Uchi...
226K 7.4K 21
•Completed• •Naruto Fanfiction• •Itachi x Reader• •Description• Y/N and Itachi did everything together, from graduating to promoting and becomin...
588K 17.7K 35
Shikamaru's elder sister, Y/n Nara, disappeared at age 16. As a known friend to Itachi, her whereabouts become a concern for the Leaf Village. Y/n ha...
910K 33.9K 68
After her clan massacre and the death of her brother, Yuyan Hane travels to Konoha and is saved by Konoha's distinguished Itachi Uchiha who raises he...