His Man | Taekook ☑

By BangtanFilter

"I know I already have your body Koo, but your soul and your heart is what I want to possess." - Kim Taehyun... More

Chapter 1: His Date's Cousin
Chapter 2: Boss' boytoy?
Chapter 3: Hypnosis
Chapter 4: The Talk
Chapter 5: Let Your Body Take Control
Chapter 6: Hwasa
Chapter 7: The Double Date
Chapter 8: Who's Stronger?
Chapter 9: Dating a Monster
Chapter 10: The Acceptance and The Denial
Chapter 11: Memories and Misconceptions
Chapter 12: Idiot
Chapter 13: Elevator
Chapter 14: Telepathy
Chapter 15: The Kidnapping Pt. 1
Chapter 16: The Kidnapping Pt. 2
Chapter 17: The Bait
Chapter 18: The Unexpected Friend and The Unexpected Enemy
Chapter 19: His Incomplete Possession
Chapter 20: The Aftermath
Chapter 21: New Enemies
Chapter 22: The Betrayal
Chapter 23: Now
Chapter 25: Not the Enemy
Chapter 26: The Monster Inside Him
Chapter 27: The Goodbye
Chapter 28: The Lucky One
Chapter 29: Vase of Glass
Chapter 30: Families, Friends and Exes
Chapter 31: The Light and The Darkness
Chapter 32: Breaking heart or Breaking Trust
Chapter 33: New Man
Chapter 34: Ghosts of the Past
Chapter 35: Connection of Contradictions
Chapter 36: Past and Future
Chapter 37: The Pending Apology
Chapter 38: The Truth Untold
Chapter 39: Not His Man
Chapter 40: Left side of the Bed
Chapter 41: Home
Chapter 42: The good, the bad and the ugly
Chapter 43: Loyalty
Chapter 44: Christmas Hell
Chapter 45: Not so Merry Christmas
Chapter 46: Still love me?
Chapter 47: Stupid In Love
Chapter 48: Revenge
Chapter 49: Playing Games
Chapter 50: Call Me By My Name
Chapter 51: Promise
Chapter 52: Soulmate
Chapter 53: My House, My Guest
Chapter 54: The Most Powerful Man In The Room Pt. 1
Chapter 55: The Most Powerful Man In The Room Pt. 2
Chapter 56: Marry Me Then
Chapter 57: Not Yet
Chapter 58: Fear or Love
Chapter 59: Momzilla and Evil Dad
Chapter 60: Brothers
Chapter 61: Beginning of the End
Chapter 62: Sinners
Chapter 63: The Assemblage
Chapter 64: Past and Pain
Chapter 65: Just Taehyung
Chapter 66: Jungkook
Chapter 67: The Second Gunshot
Chapter 68: For The Family
Chapter 69: Iron Rods
Chapter 70: Forever In Your Arms
Chapter 71: Promise Of Forever
Chapter 72: Life Goes On
Chapter 73: Happily Ever After
BONUS 1: Wedding Bells
BONUS 2: The Dream Wedding
BONUS 3: Wedding Night
SEQUEL ANYONE ?
ANNOUNCEMENT!
NOTICE
Still My Man?
Happy Anniversary to My Love

Chapter 24: Necessary Evil

4.8K 282 136
By BangtanFilter

"Why do you always have to work so hard?", Baekhyun says, sounding annoyed, "Why can't you just take a break and go to the cafeteria with me?"

"I am not working hard. I am just working like I am supposed to be and I am not hungry", Jungkook responds matter of factly, "I am working on these codes. I hope it gets accepted. The new boss will probably ask me to make some last minute changes anyway", he scoffs, typing away on his laptop.

"You are stressing over it for no reason. What is he gonna do about it? The new tech department head? Scold you? Fire you? The boyfriend of our CEO?", Baekhyun says laughing out loud but stops in a few seconds when he sees Jungkook glaring at him.

"Can you not spend just one day without singing this same song? So if I am his boyfriend, I should stop working. Right? Is that what you are trying to say?", he glares at his friend.

"Hey, Kook! Relax. I was just kidding! Okay?"

"Yeah. Your joke is getting old now. Get over it. I don't need him to get a simple code accepted for God's sake. I didn't become the topper of KAIST because of him so I clearly don't need his help with my job. You can stop with your dumb joke now!", he says getting a little mad now.

"Woah! Easy there buddy! I know you are the topper of the no. 1 science and technical university in South Korea. I was just kidding! I know you don't need him to do your job. I was just trying to tease you!", Baekhyun laughs awkwardly.

"Don't", Jungkook deadpans, glaring at him, "Don't tease me. Do your job and let me do mine".

"Okay! Okay! Relax! Jeez! What are you so annoyed for?", Baekhyun shakes his head in disbelief.

Jungkook shifts his focus back to his laptop screen while Baekhyun watches him in shock. Jungkook has never been this rude to anyone let alone his only close friend in office.

He finishes his work and forwards it to his boss to get it presented to the clients when the clock strikes four. He stands up from his chair wanting to take a small stroll when he finds Jimin walking towards the elevator.

"Jimin hyung?", he calls for him.
"Oh hey! Hi Jungkook", he smiles at the younger. "I feel like I see you so often in this office that I forget you don't work here", Jungkook feigns a warm smile.

"Even I forget sometimes that this isn't my office. I come here every other day because your boyfriend is always suing someone", he laughs out loud and finds the younger smiling back.

"Do you handle other clients as well? Other than him?", Jungkook asks looking simply curious.

"Yes. A lot. My law firm has appointed me as Taehyung's lawyer. I represent other people as well"

"Oh!", Jungkook exclaims looking genuinely interested, "Are you also representing Mr. Min by any chance?", he casually asks as he watches the colour on Jimin's face fade.

"Mr. Min? What are you talking about?", Jimin's face has a confused expression.

"Mr. Min Young-jae? The one who got me kidnapped and tortured? The same guy who blackmailed hyung and lives in the Min Mansion? The same Min Mansion that I watched you go into yesterday? Ring any bells?", his face is smiley, his smile full of sarcasm.

"Min? Min Mansion? Why would I go to Min mansion?", Jimin laughs nervously.
Jungkook glares at him and pulls his phone out of his pocket. He sends a picture to Jimin, "I've sent you something. Have a look?"

He pulls his phone out to find a picture of his car entering the gate of Min Mansion with a timestamp and the car's number plate clearly visible. "What the fuck is this Jungkook?", Jimin's face now red.

"Evidence", Jungkook's smile doesn't leave his face, "The same evidence that I was going to show hyung last night when he started talking about how much he trusts you. He said he trusts you more than anyone else. He also said that you are not just his bestfriend but also his brother", he glares right into Jimin's eyes while the older tries to avoid eye-contact.

"I wanted to show him this but I couldn't bring myself to break his heart", Jungkook continues, "I don't like playing games like you and a part of me still wants to believe in you because hyung does. All I need is a reason. Just anything to justify why I found you talking to Mr. Min on the phone yesterday before you drove inside his house", he states matter of factly.

"What are you talking about Jungkook? I don't know what my car was doing there. You don't even know if that was me driving. It could be my driver in which case I will have to talk to him or I don't know, this photo could be doctored", Jimin shrugs his shoulders still avoiding direct eye contact with Jungkook.

Jungkook smiles at Jimin's words, "I am sending you another picture. Have a look?". He sends the older another picture which clearly showed Jimin driving the same car at the same timestamp. Jimin's previosly red face now white. "Come with me Jungkook. Let's talk", he grabs Jungkook's hand and takes him to a clear space in the building with no people around.

"I don't know what you are upto Jungkook but you shouldn't get into things you know nothing about. I am his friend. I will never betray him. You should get your ass out of this situation. I am his lawyer. I know what I am doing. You should stick to what you are supposed to be doing as well", Jimin hisses at Jungkook.

"Oh and what is it that I am supposed to be doing hyung?", Jungkook chuckles softly, "Tell me though, as his lawyer are you supposed to be sharing his business plans with Mr. Min? And are you supposed to be going to his house to see him?"

"I don't need to tell you things that you won't understand Jungkook. The only reason I am tolerating your bullshit is because you are Taehyung's boyfriend", Jimin continues with his venomous words.

"What do you think I am hyung? Kim Taehyung's dumb blonde boyfriend? You think I don't understand what's going on here? Do you know anything about me except for the fact that I am his boyfriend?", Jungkook clenches his jaws and moves a step forward.

"I am his best friend and his goddamn lawyer for fuck's sake. I know what's best for him. I DON'T NEED TO SHARE MY PLANS WITH A RANDOM BOY WHO SPENDS MOST OF HIS TIME WARMING KIM TAEHYUNG'S BED!", Jimin yells right at Jungkook's face and before he could continue his yelling he finds his collar in Jungkook's firm grab.

Jungkook grabs Jimin by his collar and smashes him into the wall behind, pinning him there, "Park Jimin, now listen to me very carefully. I wanted to give you one chance before I tell hyung everything that I know and show him these pictures but looks like you are more interested in throwing insults at me rather than trying to explain yourself. Wait until you find out what I can do apart from warming your so-called brother's bed!", Jungkook glares right in Jimin's eyes, his collar still inside his grab and eyes bloodshot in anger making Jimin gulp hard.

"What are you doing Jungkook? Leave my collar. You don't want to know what I can do to you for this", Jimin responds trying to keep his heart rate stable, his forehead already sweaty, "Taehyung won't like to know how you treated his bestfriend!"

"Hyung won't like to know how his bestfriend treated him either", Jungkook grunts being his most intimidating self, "WHAT WERE YOU DOING IN MIN MANSION, JIMIN? Talk to me before I make you talk to hyung himself".

"Leave. Me. Alone.", Jimin glares back at Jungkook before he sees a smirk forming on his face as he lets go of him. "Go", Jungkook smiles stepping back, "Go and do whatever you got to do and I will do whatever I have to do to protect him. I gave you one chance so that I don't feel guilty for dragging my boyfriend's friend down".

Jimin straightens his shirt and smiles back, "You are strong. I'll give you that. You literally had me scared for my life a second ago but if only you had the brains to match the muscles, Jungkook", he smiles at the younger making him frown, "What do you mean?"

"Look behind and say hi. There is a cctv camera. I am sure the security must have noticed everything that happened here by now and I am also sure that they have already told Tae about this. Another good thing, this camera does not have any microphones", his smile does not leave his face, "Let's see what Tae feels about his boyfriend attacking me".

Jungkook looks back to see the camera and sighs in disbelief before they see Yeonjun walking towards them, "Mr. Park, Mr. Jeon, you have been asked to go to the CEO's office right now. Mr. Kim wants to see you both".

"Of course", Jimin smiles warmly at Yeonjun before he walks towards the elevator followed by Jungkook and Yeonjun.

Jungkook and Jimin enter Taehyung's office and find him sitting on his chair glaring at them with deadly eyes. "Lock the door behind you and shut the blinders down", he deadpans staring at them both as he stands up from his chair.

Jungkook shuts the blinders down and locks the door before walking towards Taehyung, Jimin walking along him.
"What did I just watch?", Taehyung hisses, his deadly stare still at the both of them. He stands right in front of Jungkook before he starts yelling at him, "Why the fuck did I have to watch my boyfriend attack my friend like that?", he yells, pointing at the big LCD screen behind them playing the footage of the whole encounter.
Jungkook takes a glance at the screen before facing Taehyung again.

"I would have never gotten to know about this incidence if the security didn't tell me this because it involved Jimin. What could you do so bad, Jimin, to offend him enough to have him attack you like that?", he now stares at Jimin.

"I was just doing my job when your boyfriend came in to question my loyality towards you. He wanted to know if I had anything to do with his kidnapping. When I told him to calm down, he grabbed my collar", Jimin deadpans.

Taehyung looks at Jungkook with dead cold eyes, "I told you last night that I don't trust anyone more than I trust him and you told me you will trust him if I trust him. Now tell Jungkook, where did the miscommunication happen?"

"Hyung you should have heard what he said to me before I grabbed his collar", Jungkook says confidently facing Taehyung.

"What did he say?"

Before Jungkook could speak any further, Jimin starts speaking again, "I told him that he should stay out of the business that he doesn't understand and that he should stick to doing his own job and he got offended, grabbing my collar and threatening to hurt me"

"I did not-", Jungkook tries to defend himself before Taehyung cuts him off, "THAT'S ENOUGH!",he yells at Jungkook making flinch and lower his gaze.

"I told you that you can trust Jimin and you told me you do. You lied. Now you are here grabbing my bestfriend's collar inside the building of my company exactly the next day after I told you what he means to me? How dare you Jungkook?", he glares at his boyfriend with bloodshot eyes.

"I saw him talking to Mr. Min over the phone", Jungkook deadpans, his eyes glued to the floor.

"That was Mr. Min Jong-in of Changwon city. One of my many clients", Jimin answers in a heart-beat.

Jungkook shoots his head up to look at Jimin with disbelief, "I saw him drive into the Min Mansion yesterday", he grunts before looking back at Taehyung.

"No you didn't", Jimin responds matter of factly, "Do you have any evidence to prove what you are saying?"

Jungkook doesn't respond to this, "I didn't think hyung would need evidence to believe me", he says watching Taehyung's face closely to find atleast a trace of trust for his boyfriend.

"Oh, how convinient!", Jimin scoffs, "Jungkook I will not say that you are lying about me going to the Min Mansion but maybe it was someone else you think you saw? Maybe you got it all wrong?", he continues looking at the younger with concern in his eyes.

"I have not got ANYTHING wrong Jimin. You need to shut up and-", Jungkook is cut off by Taehyung before he could say any further, "That's ENOUGH!!"

Jungkook turns to Taehyung with disbelief and tears in his eyes that threaten to escape at any moment.
"What kind of dilusional is this Jungkook? Why would go to this extent to insinuate that he is betraying me? WHY THE HELL WILL HE BETRAY ME!", he yells at his boyfriend and watches the tear drops finally escape the younger's eyes.

"You don't trust anything I said hyung. Do you?", he says in a defeated voice staring at the floor.

"I don't sweetheart. Not today", Taehyung responds looking at the younger with gloomy eyes trying hard to not choke on his words.

"You will regret trusting him over me hyung", Jungkook's teary glare still glued to the floor.

"Guys I am sorry I didnt want to create any issues between the two of you but looks like, I have. I will leave the two of you alone here so that you can talk it out", Jimin says turning away to leave.

"Jimin wait!", Taehyung stops him, "Don't leave yet". He then turns to face Jungkook, "Jungkook, apologize to Jimin for what you did to him", Taehyung's voice cold as ice.

Jungkook who has been staring at the floor for so long immediately looks up, his face and eyes red while he frowns in disbelief. "You-you want me to apologize to him?",he chokes on his words trying hard to not show Jimin how defeated he feels right now.

"Yes. I want you to apologize to Jimin", Taehyung looks at his teary-eyed boyfriend with dead cold eyes while he himself gulps hard trying to keep it together.

"Tae, I don't want him to apologize to me. I just want to sort the misunderstandings and be friends. You don't need to do this to him", Jimin says with a face as serious as it gets only for Taehyung to ignore what he said, "I do Jimin. He needs to understand how humiliating it is to get accused for something you didn't do. He shouldn't have done this to you. He should just apologize and finish this matter right here so that we can go back to our lives".

Jungkook's doe eyes lose whatever last bit of control they had over his tears and they let go. He shuts his eyes close to get a hold on himself while the tears from his eyes escape down his cheeks. He takes a deep breath before wiping his tears away and bowing his head a little before he turns to face Jimin, "I am sorry Mr. Park. I am sorry for doubting you and for grabbing your collar. I am sorry for threatening you and accusing you of betrayal. I am sorry for every offensive word I said to you", he says with his head down not looking Jimin in the eyes before he turns to face Taehyung and looks him straight in his eyes, "And I am sorry for trying to protect you hyung. I am sorry I wanted the best for you. I am sorry I stept out of my line. I am sorry for thinking that I could ever be anything more to you than just a guy you like to sleep with. I am sorry for thinking that there is anything more between us. I am sorry for thinking that you trust me and respect me enough to atleast consider the possibility of my claims being right", Jungkook looks at Taehyung with bloodshot eyes as tears roll down his face.

Taehyung watches Jungkook break down in front of him. "What-what are you saying Jungkook?", he tries to keep his voice stable and his face straight.

"You know what hyung? It's been around ten days since I have been living with you. I am fully healed now, thanks to Maria and you. I think it's time I go back to my apartment. I'll just- I'll just leave the two of you to your business and go back to minding my own life. A life without a boyfriend who does not respect or trust me", he turns around to leave when Taehyung grabs his wrist to stop him.

"Stop Jungkook! We don't need to drag this issue more than we already have. Calm down! Don't be like this. Let me take you home", Taehyung's voice now calm.

Jungkook turns around to face him again. "Do you really think I will go back to your house and live with you after you have humiliated me like this, hyung?",he says as tears keep rolling down his eyes, "I can't be with a man who has no respect for me, who has no trust in me to even consider the possibility of what I said to be right. I was just trying to protect you. I was looking out for you but nevermind. I will go back to my life", he shrugs Taehyung's hand off of his wrist and leaves his cabin wiping his tears off and leaving his boyfriend behind.

"COME BACK RIGHT NOW JUNGKOOK!", Taehyung finds himself yelling his lungs out as a lone tear escapes his eye, "I SAID COME THE FUCK BACK!"

"Hey, hey Tae! Don't worry I'll go talk to him. I told you to not make him apologize to me but you never listen", Jimin tries to comfort Taehyung before running after Jungkook only to find him outside the elevator.

"Jungkook", Jimin calls out for him, "I am sorry for what happened inside. I didn't think he would ask you to-"

"Shut up with your nonsense Jimin! This is exactly what you wanted", Jungkook hisses at him.

"You threatened me with those doctored pictures. Did you expect me to do nothing about it?", Jimin's voice calm, "I am a lawyer Jungkook. I have seen enough fraud and doctored evidence in my life to instantly know that the pictures you showed me weren't real. I knew you would not show those to Taehyung because if you did, I'd tell him that those are fake and he would get those checked only to find out later that I was right."

"Yes, I used photoshopped pictures to threaten you but that doesn't change the fact that I saw you there and you shared information regarding hyung with Min Young-jae and not your other client"

"But you still have nothing to prove all of this. Do you?", Jimin looks at Jungkook with a straight face before patting his shoulder softly, "I don't want the two of you to split up because of me. The last time you guys broke up was quite harsh on Tae. I don't want that to happen again. Try to mend things with him Kook but also try to stay the fuck out of my business", with this Jimin steps into the elevator leaving a defeated Jungkook behind, "Guess I'll take the stairs again", he mumbles to himself before leaving the floor.

Yeonjun enters Taehyung's office to find him sitting on his chair with his head lowered in his palms. "S-sir, are you okay? D-do you need anything?", he asks his boss, visibly concerned.

"No. Leave me alone", Taehyung mumbles, his head still down.

"Sir, you don't look good. Do you need any-"

"I said leave", he repeats himself, his voice choking.

......

Jungkook walks out of the bathroom in his apartment with red puffy eyes. He gets dressed into comfortable clothes before going to his kitchen to switch the coffee machine on. He waits for his coffee when he finds his door bell ring. He opens the door to find a distraught Taehyung standing on his threshhold.

"Hyung what are you doing here?", Jungkook looks at him with a confused face.

"I came here to take you back home. Let's go", Taehyung says tilting his head towards the exit.

"I didn't come back to my apartment to return to you hyung. I am not going back. You should not waste your time trying to convince me"

"Will you not even let me in baby?", he looks at Jungkook with his gloomy eyes making the younger sigh, "No. Not today hyung. You should leave. I need to work. I have wasted enough time on Jimin and his games", he says turning to go back in when Taehyung pulls him back by his shoulders into a back-hug. He holds the younger between his arms while he faces away from him. "Don't do this baby..don't leave..",he whispers softly in Jungkook's ear before placing a soft kiss on his nape, "come back to me..I know I made you apologize to Jimin but what you did- anyways. I am sorry. Let's forget about it? Come with me?", he goes on to kiss his boyfriend on a side of his neck.

"I can't", Jungkook's voice barely above a whisper. "I won't. I won't live with a man who does not respect me and trust me and just wants to get me in his bed the first chance he gets. There is no point of this relationship hyung. I want more from you than just sex and by the looks of it, this is all you have to offer me. If you can't give me your trust and your respect, how can I ever expect you to give me your heart?", he says not even trying to control the tear floods from his eyes.

"You have no idea what you mean to me Koo..you have no idea..", Taehyung pulls Jungkook's back closer to himself and whispers intimately in his ear not being able to hold the tears rolling down his own face, "Come back to me baby..don't do this to me. You have no idea-"

"If I didn't have an idea before, I do now. Please leave hyung. It look me a while to stablize myself. Please leave. I can't do this anymore", Jungkook gets himself out of Taehyung's arms and turns around to shut the door on his face.

......

Jungkook peaks out of his window to watch Taehyung leave in his car after waiting for about 15 minutes outside his door after he got shut out by his boyfriend.

He takes a deep breath and walks into his bathroom. He splashes cold water on his red puffy eyes, "Hold it together Jeon. You got work to do", he mumbles to himself before wiping his face with a towel and making himself a cup of coffee.

He sits in front of his desk and switches his laptop on . He then puts his headphones on before he begins to type something away on the laptop, "Okay Jimin, let's find out exactly how much brains I have got to match my muscles", he mumbles to himself before switching on the audio to the microchip he attached to Jimin's collar while grabbing him earlier today.

(Author: Did you like my valentine's gift for y'all? 🤭)

-To be continued..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 5.3K 41
[Completed] Taehyung and Jungkook were in love with each other since their school days but when Jungkook left Korea for five years because of his con...
392K 16K 42
in which story taehyung respect jungkook no matter what and always trust him....But never said I love you to his most beloved husband....why?? let's...
7K 375 17
Tae, a truly innocent and breathtakingly beautiful individual. However, his life takes a dark turn as he finds himself trapped in the clutches of his...
270K 11.4K 54
"I didn't want to, but I eventually fell in love with you." Jeon Jungkook being the most successful businessman of South Korea never had the time to...