Ghost Bird The Academy: James...

By lexiloo7

What if a second bird was joining Sang and the Academy boys. Sang and James are like night and day. Winter an... More

Birds and Dogs.
+ More cast.
Making Friends? The Mall: Revised.
Greg Strikes again.
Cuddles, Emotions and Trust.
You get a Phone! You get a Phone! And you get a Phone!
Phone calls and Texts.
Victor
Meeting the Good Doctor
Good Eats.
Sir Luke Enters.
Not an update: Authors Note!
Error: About Veronica
Solitude, Was The Only Ending To Her Story.
Sean
Authors Note.
Kota
Luke
A Crack In The Glass Was Fixed
Human Again.
Sang
My Destiny As An Awful Cook.
Guide.
Things Go Wonderfully Right; Or Horribly Wrong.
North
Welcome To Hell.
Bang Bang He Dead
Tuning In On: Chaotic Stupidity.
Housebound.
Friday's Are For Falling.
Falling Off The Edge
Unknown Territory
Raindrops Lashed Down
Talking Is A Crime.
Friend Zone? Maybe?
Guide+Nicknames+Birthdays.
Birthday Party Bitches
We're Walking Into The Woods...
Shopping And Jealousy.
Circle Of Idiots.
Gabe
Helping A Broken Bird.
Emotions can be difficult.
Not An Update: Authors Note
To The Office We Go
Interlude
James Can Breakdance. Period.
Is This A Date?
Chicken Nuggets For The Win.
Intense Is Putting It Lightly.
Nathan
Silas
Kota
Owen
Bad Moods, and Sweet Truths.
Self Defense
Homeward Bound
Welcome To Bob's Diner

And I'd Do It Again.

2.4K 113 161
By lexiloo7

"You don't have to have it a figured out to move foreword."

Monday

James yawned loudly taking in a deep breath. She moved her hand finding it on a warm chest. She glanced at the boy next to her.

Silas.

They were sleeping in her bed at Sean's apartment.

Her bed.

Her room.

It was an odd thing to think of, the thought took her by surprise. The guy's still wanted her, they weren't mad at her. She leaned into Silas's touch her fingers dancing across his chest playing a silent melody.

After their family meeting yesterday they all decided to camp out at Sean's place. Everyone wanted to stay close, James had admitted she didn't think she was up for school the next day. After their big sharing session, she was drained.

Mentally; physically the whole weekend had taken a toll on her.

She had spent so much time stressing that they may not want her mind had been swimming. Stuck underneath a current only be brought back up when they reassured her worries.

James had been mostly quiet tucked between each of the boys at some point or another until she eventually fell asleep.

"Morning Theo mou," Silas's voice made her suck in a breath glancing up at him. His eyebrows were furrowed his eyes worried, "How are you feeling?"

"I'll be up and kicking soon," James promised, "I'm sorry I went so silent on you all last night."

"You've got to look out for yourself. And sometimes you're going to have high moments, sometimes you'll have really low." He brushed his thumb across the tips of her cheekbones. She couldn't help but shiver at the contact. "You don't have to be alone anymore."

"I'm just so scared Hercules," James admitted.

She remembered when they had this conversation on North's birthday. When James and Silas shared some of their pasts, where James's admitted her fear of getting close to them.

This was different now.

Now they knew more about her and they weren't running.

"Your trying." Silas started but James shook her head.

She took in a shaking breathe her eyes falling shut. She couldn't look at him it hurt too not when she was feeling so sad. "I like having a family. I like having you guy's around." She couldn't help the way her voice cracked. "And I'm so fucking scared you guys might decide that you don't want me. Or I'm gonna be too much. Or the worst is going to happen. I can't handle getting attached only to-"

She knew she had said all of this before. Expressed her worries the previous night. But they kept plaguing her mind.

Eating at her like a bird pecks at its food.

She hadn't that she over thought thinks. Hated that her mind kept on playing the same thing on repeat. Making her questioned little move.

"Theo mou," Silas cut her off nudging her nose with his own there foreheads pressing against each other. "We're not going to get tired of you. We're not going to leave you. We will stay with you as long as you'll have us. I'll stay with you as long as you'll have me."

"I'll always want you guys," James whispered.

And isn't that a scary thought?

She'd met so many different people and yet Sang and these boys all changed her life completely. They flipped her whole world upside down. And now she was falling and falling fast, lost in their smiles and warm touches.

No one had ever made her feel wanted before.

Made her feel like she was significant.

"And I'll always want you." Silas admitted, "I'll hold you well your sad, weeping by your side, I'll pick you up when your down, and I'll laugh with you when you having a good time. I promised you I would remind you every day why life is beautiful. Why you should keep fighting. I will. Your valid James, your wants are valid. Don't take them from yourself."

"That's a lot of words from you big guy," James joked pushing back the tears in her eyes. She hoped the look on her face read exactly how much his words meant to her.

How much he meant to her.

"Are you lying?" James questioned moving closer to his side.

He tightened his grip his eyes peering into her. "I'm not lying." He said voice firm. "Your valid James, you were hurt so you left. You were in pain and struggling so you took time for yourself. I understand we all understand. I told you we were all a lot, I know it can be hard sometimes getting used to so many people coming into your life. We're here for you though James. Next time you can just tell us that you need time."

"I-"

"You've had a lot of people hurt you James," Silas ran a hand over her hair. "I will do my best to make sure I'm not one of those people."

"Okay," James nodded clutching his shirt. "Are you going to get in trouble for missing school? I could have stayed here by myself-"

"Don't do that James," Silas said seriously, "Stop worry just rest."

"But-"

"I didn't mind staying home from school," Silas gave her an easy smile, "It's too early to see McCoy."

James let out a laugh her eyes crinkling. "Then it must be too early all the time."

Silas laughed pressing a kiss on her cheek. "Let me take care of you okay?" He hummed.

James closed her eyes, "Your too good for me Hercules."

"Theo mou," He let out a silent laugh, "You don't realize just how important you are."

She flushed moving her face into his chest. Important.

Silas thought she was important.

That she was something.

It was such a vast difference from her terror's regarding him. Important. James never saw herself as important, her thoughts her struggles she often pushed them aside. It was odd to try and deal with them.

That it was alright to...struggle.

The guys weren't mad at her for it instead they sat together with her.

She never had anyone do that with her before.

Sang and the boys were too good for her.

"Can we stay like this all day?" James asked softly. "I know it's not eventful and you guys are used to moving twenty-four seven but-"

"I'll stay wrapped up in your arms for as long as I can have you."

James's heart fluttered at that moving and curling herself into her Hercules. She squeezed him tight her head moving so she could listen to his heartbeat.

Safe.

Silas and James did stay wrapped up in bed all day. James couldn't say she was upset about it although she felt a little lazy. Her leg's still stung and she had a headache, Silas whispered to her soothing words in Greek that made her toes curl.

She really was a sucker for his accent.

For him.

The Greek was stunning through and through with his tan skin and his purely white teeth. It contrasted swimmingly with his stark black hair his dark eyes looking at her affectionately. And wasn't that strange? Having people care for her.

She wasn't overly hungry but Silas brought her food in bed and she melted on the spot. "You sure you don't want to stay here?" Silas questioned running a hand through his hair.

James sighed a yawn escaping her lips, "As much as I'd love to Sang darling needs us." she moved forward wrapping her arm's around Silas's neck. She was in his sweatshirt and a pair of leggings. It was comfortable and she was most defifently going to steal it.

She was still slightly anxious her nerves on edge even though they've all assured her they wanted her. As much as James would love to curl up and ignore the world well she tries to recuperate she didn't really have that option.

She took the day and that was enough.

That was more then she usually did.

Besides she was sure the others had homework for her. And on top of that Mrs. Sorenson was suppose to be extracted from her home today.

How the boy's planned that she wasn't sure she was still foggy on the details. And well she was glad that the women would be far, far away from Sang she knew it must be challenging for the other girl.

"Are you sure your alright?" Silas questioned eyeing her carefully.

James hummed moving and pecking him on the cheek. "Well you helped make it better," She admitted. "I think getting out of bed might help give me some motivation."

Silas ran his hands up and down her arm's glancing at her thoughtfully, "Alright Theo mou," he swiped at her high cheekbones shooting her a playful grin. "I see we're making a habit of skipping school I can't say I'm too mad about it."

James snorted nudging his elbow, "Anytime with your sexy ass is a good time for me." She purred.

Silas wiggled his eyebrows, "Checking me out Theo mou?" He gasped. "I thought you were resting-"

"I faked it," James grinned widely, "Your sexiness is just too much for me to handle."

"Shut up," He let out a loud laugh.

"Never!"

                                           🌷

James nodded at the other's as she hopped out of Silas's car. She let out a loud yawn her arm's stuffed into the pocket of the sweatshirt. The southern heat hit her but she ignored it. She didn't want to take off the sweatshirt it smelt like the ocean.

"Sup losers," James moved like a sloth over to Nathan letting the man's arm wrap around her. He hugged her tightly placing a kiss on her forward.

"Who you calling loser?" Nathan questioned, "Like I'd believe a dumb girl."

James gaped turning to North with wide eyes, "Don't let him get away with this slander!" She narrowed her eyes up at Nathan. "I'm hurt Red. Truly."

"Boo-hoo," he teased smirking down at her. She couldn't help the smile that twitched at her lips. Something she loved about Nathan was that he was starting to recognize when she just needed to laugh. Teasing and joking making her heart flip.

"Boo hoo hoo?" James raised an eyebrow as she moved over into North's arms. "Fight him."

North rolled his eyes pulling her into a tight hug. "Don't call them dumb," he growled shooting Nathan a look.

Nathan scoffed, "I didn't say they were dumb I said girls were. James and Sang aren't like other girls."

"Not like other girls," James and Luke said at the same time letting out-loud laughs.

James slapped a hand to her mouth, "OKayyyyyy," she rolled her eyes. "North now you have to fight him."

"No fighting," Sang said waving shyly at James. The blonde looked tired, her green eyes were avoiding eye contact hands twitching nervously. James wanted to apologize for leaving her at school alone especially today.

James was selfish taking so much time for herself.

Luke moved twirling James into his arms. "One I might fight you. Next time I call dibs on skipping school-"

"Not likely," Silas smirked moving and pulling Sang into his grasp pressing a kiss on her head, and whispering something into her ear. "I've got dib's on being James's skipping school buddy-"

"No." North deadpanned shooting Silas a look.

"-Secondly," Luke started moving and smacking Nathans head. "James and Sang are completely badass and girls aren't dumb. You however are though-"

"Luke," Nathan grunted moving to grab him but the blonde managed to hide behind James winking at Nathan cheekily.

"-thirdly I missed you!" Luke exclaimed his arm's moving to wrap around her waist rocking her from side to side. James moved to grasp his hands glancing at him over her shoulder leaning back into him.

"I missed you too," James admitted giving him a fond smile before glancing to the others. "I've missed all of you."

"Awe lame," Nathan teased although his eyes were looking at her fondly.

She winked, "Not as lame as you dumbass." She chirped moving and pressing a kiss to Luke's cheek before clapping. "As much as I'd love to stay and chat I'm claiming Sang for a little bit!"

Before any of them could protest she snagged Sang's hand taking the girl and running to her house. Sang kept shooting looks over her shoulder a frown planted on her lips. James bumped her hip as they opened the door moving swiftly up into Sang's room.

James took a moment to appreciate the changes made to the room. Just like her Sang had a beautifully craved bookshelf.

It was lined with so many books that James felt like she could be in heaven. She smiled when she noted the radio that looks bran spanking new on the shelf.

Sang's mother had destroyed her previous radio the boys must have found her a replica. They really were the sweetest.

Her eyes glanced over the bed noting that there was new blankets and it looked firmer.

Sneaky little devils those boys. Enough changes to be subtle in case Marie noticed. James wanted to rush up to the attic remembering the others said they were working on something there for Sang. Instead she decided that could wait.

Right now she needed to check in on her girl.

James made herself at home completely throwing herself on the blonde's bed, loving the smell of sweet musk and fruit. Sang.

She needed this moment with the blonde. Needed her close, needed to feel her, see her. James had struggled this weekend but so hadn't the blonde. She couldn't imagine how Sang was feeling, having her mother gone.

She no longer had to be scared.

James knew her fear would never completely disperse.

The blonde moved next to her flopping down onto her back her eyes were latched onto the door though a frown on her pretty lips.

"It must be strange having your mother gone hm?" James pondered peering at Sang.

"It doesn't seem real," Sang admitted quietly. "I can't help but feel I should listen for footsteps or her yelling my name. Like you should be hidden. She would have never allowed friends over."

James cringed understanding the feeling her heart heavy for her blonde friend. "It's going to take a while to get used to but it'll be nice, won't it. Not having to hide?"

She smiled softly, "Yeah..." she shook her head, "it's strange though she's...she hasn't been the same since the shower. She didn't remember it and then...then she just kept herself planted in bed. Normally she stuck to her room but...she just looked so much worse."

"Your mom has cancer Sang, but that doesn't excuse her actions," James said softly noticing the guilt on the blonde's face. "She's been hurting you. Mentally, physically. That abuse doesn't just get to go on because she's sick."

"I feel bad," Sang whispered lowly.

"I know." James moved Sang into her arms their legs entangling as Sang moved to rest her head on James's chest. "You shouldn't though you didn't deserve it. None of it."

"But-"

"No but's," James said firmly.

"You didn't either." The blonde squeezed her hip holding her close. "You didn't either."

James sucked in a breath her eyes closing. With John Oliver's and Toma's words in the back of her mind, she let herself believe the blonde.

Still Hadn't she deserved at least some of the pain that had been inflicted on her? It would only make sense, she broke the rules or got into trouble and got punished. But...that didn't mean it was always right.

It was hard to think she didn't deserve something when everyone in her life had always told her anything but.

James was quiet as she curled into Sang running a hand through the blonde's hair.

Truthfully she didn't know what to say.

                                                 🥀

"Sang," James licked her lips sitting up in the bed. "I need to tell you something."

Sang was leaning against the headboard her homework in her lap. James had just finished her's her heart beating as she finally worked up the nerve to bring this conversation up.

"Okay," Sang said softly setting her homework aside and looking at James inetly.

"...Kota and I kissed," She blurted her nerves on fire. "I-The night of truth and dare when we were in that closet. We kissed. He kissed me on the lips. And I kissed him back. A kiss. We kissed."

It was one thing admitting to the blonde that she had a feeling for her along with the boy's it was another thing admitting to kissing one of them when previously she'd only kissed Sang.

It almost felt like cheating in a sense.

Sure they never defined their relationship. Never proceeded with anything further had said it was all or nothing. They never really said what to do if they got the opportunity to kiss one of the others.

James hated to admit it but she was scared.

Scared that maybe this would change everything.

"Oh," Sang blinked setting her homework beside her head tilting slightly. "You and Kota?"

"Kota and I," James cringed, "Me and Kota. Are...are you mad?"

"Mad?" Sang asked eyes widening, "No. Just a little surprised is all."

James blew out a breathe squirming slightly in her spot. "I'm sorry!"

"James," Sang said slowly head tilting, "You don't need to apologize. I told you I wanted Kota and us to talk especially after...everything."

James was quiet her hands tapping her fingers tapping nervously at her thighs. "He um, he told me it was up to me. Up to us. If you and I just wanted to date, if-if we-we wanted to try and pursue something with the others. Or if we just wanted to forget it all."

Sang was quiet listening to James wordlessly well the redhead explained her and Kota's shared moment in the closet.

"So what did you want to do?" Sang asked after a moment.

James blinked mouth popping open, "Me?" She asked her voice moving up a pitch a blush crossing her cheeks. "I-What?"

Sang gave her a small smile, "Your thoughts on the matter?"

James paused, "well- we-we said all or nothing before but, but it's complicated."

"So many things are complicated."

"What if-what if they don't want to? What about Victor and that girl he bought jewelry for?"

Sang's face grew slightly pained at this but determination crossed her features. "It could have been a misunderstanding. Or maybe he-he doesn't feel the same that's not what I'm asking you thoughts

James swallowed staying silent her heart feeling like it could explode.

"James, what do you want?" Sang asked softly. "I like you a lot James. But...I also feel strongly for the others. I-I've never had a relationship before I-I don't know everything it includes but I know if I were to try with anyone it'd be all of you. We don't know how they'll react but...hiding how I feel isn't doing any good. I'm sure hiding how you feel isn't any better."

James's heart skipped a beat, she didn't think it'd ever not surprise her hearing the blonde say that she liked her.

Boring old plain Jane James.

She wasn't all that pretty eyes a little too big, the bag's under them that always made her look to pale. Her hair a mess of unruly curls, compared to Sang and the others she was nothing.

"I-I like you all too." James spoke her words wobbly, "I-I liked kissing you. I liked kissing Kota. And selfishly I want more. I like all of you guys and-it fucking scares me but I feel like we're in too deep. There's no saying that they all like us too though. They may think whatever we're trying to do dating them all- they may think it's crazy."

"Will talk to Kota," Sang said firmly. "Together."

James swallowed hard, "Okay..."

"Can I ask you something?" Sang said after a moment.

"Of course," James said moving to lay on her stomach her head resting in her palms. "What is it?"

"...What was it like?" Sang questioned voice curious.

James scrunched her nose, "What was what like?"

Sang's cheeks tinted pink, "Kissing Kota."

James's heart skipped a beat, "Oh Sang it was...it was wonderful. His lips were soft and begging and-" She touched her lips her eyes closing. "More than I imagined. Man does he know how to kiss."

Sang got a little excited glint in her eye his breathe hitching, "He probably read a thousand book's on it."

James snorted her hand moving to cover her mouth, "Probably," They shared a smile grin before she paused. "Shouldn't this be weird?"

Sang let out a breathe, "Probably? But is anything in our life normal?"

James had to give her that one.

"Hey, James?" Sang questioned softly voice insecure making her pause.

James tilted her head, "What do I have something in my teeth?" She joked.

"...Am I a good kisser?"

James blinked was Sang worried about that? Holy hell, "You are an amazing kisser. I don't have much experience when it comes to kissing but I know that you make my head go fuzzy and my heart feels like it's about to pound out of my chest." She said seriously moving and taking Sang's hand squeezing it tightly. "I like kissing you."

"I like kissing you too," Sang said smiling shyly tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. "I um, was kissing Kota one of the reasons you left?"

"No," James shook her head. "It wasn't. I-left for a few reasons one's that I don't really want to get into but it wasn't that."

Sang nodded, "If you ever do want to talk..."

"Thank you," James breathed out bringing her hand up pressing a soft kiss on the back of it. "Truly."

Sang smiled at her bashfully, "You can come to me with anything okay?"

James nodded clearing her throat, "You know...Kota tastes kinda spicy like that one cinnamon gum," she said casually.

Sang giggled a hand coming to her lip, "Yeah?" she questioned. "I can't believe he kissed you in the closet. That was one of the rules!"

"Pfft," James waved a hand, "We broke that one a long time ago. Or shall I say you did-"

Sang sputtered giving James a wide-eyed look. James laughed her head tipping back. "Your mean scarlet."

"You love it sunshine," James shot back moving and pecking the shorter girl's lips.

Sang caught her cheek though pressing a much more meaningful kiss on her lips. "So we're going to talk to Kota together?"

James's breathing stuttered as she gazed into Sang's pretty eyes. "Yeah, I think it's been a long time coming."

                                            🌸

James trudged down the stairs with a yawn. Sang and her had fallen asleep lost to the world around them. She truly hated going through other people's homes but she was thirsty. She paused at the bottom of the stairs hearing movement in the kitchen.

Marie was in the bathroom when she had passed and the boys would have come up and talked to them.

She felt her heart race snatching her taser out of her pocket her hand firmly locked on it as she tiptoed into the kitchen. A man was standing with his back facing her opening and closing multiple drawers. James didn't recognize him so she acted on impulse taking a step forward and shooting him hard in the side with the taser.

He made a sound of protest falling to his knees his hand going to his side as he whipped around to face her.

His whole body was shaking his face turning a bright red.

James glared hard flipping the taser in her hand and pointing it at him ready to shoot at a moment's notice. "Who are you and what the fuck are you doing?" he was a lanky guy with curly dark hair and high cheekbones. He looked tired and currently was withering in pain on the ground.

"Who the fuck are you!?" he growled back. "this is my home I'll call the police. Your breaking and entering."

His home?

James couldn't help but gasp, "Holy shit your's Sang's dad?" she put her hands on her hips tilting her head at the man her eyes narrowing.

She should feel bad that she tased Sang's dad but as she watched him kneel before her she couldn't help but glare. This was the man who ignored Sang's mother's health. Who pushed it aside instead of getting her the help she needed.

Because of him, Sang was hurt again and again.

"You know Sang?"

James paused refraining from making a duh comment. "Yes, I'm surprised you recognized her name after all since your never here." She spoke coldly.

His gaze darkened his jaw clenching. "You know nothing of my family." He started to stand taking a step closer to her.

James didn't back down though moving closer to him a dark look crossing her features. "Oh, I actually happen to know a lot about your family. Like the bruises on Sang's knees-"

"I didn't-"

"You didn't make her sit in a stool for hours?" James questioned walking around him his eyes following her movement as she spoke. "Didn't make her kneel in rice or destroy her throat by forcing concoctions down it? You didn't tie her up in the shower?"

His face pales his hands clenched into tight fists by his sides. "I-"

"You?" James mocked taking a large step forward grabbing the collar of his shirt. "You're just as bad as that woman. You knew she was sick knew how she treated Sang. How she ignored Marie and yet you let it go on. You left them alone."

She was disgusted with him. How he could do so badly by his family. Anger coursed through her as she glared at the man in front of her.

She knew her face was deadly eyes blank a snarl across her lips.

"Those are my daughters my family-"

James growled, "Sang is my family." She brought her knee up hitting him square in the crotch a sick satisfaction bubbling in her. Sang's dad was a dick. He let her mother hurt the girl again and again. He showed no indications about being surprised when James spoke of the blonde's injures. He just looked resigned. "She'll never be yours. She's too good for you."

He grabbed her wrist a dark look crossing his face, "I'm going to have the police drag you out of here-"

"And I'll call the police on you for child neglect!" James shot back. "You deserve so much worse than to be tased or a kick to the groin. You should have to kneel and hear about the awful things that women did. What you let happen!"

He pushed her against the counter James brought her hands up to protect her face and he grabbed her wrists his teeth gritted, "Listen, little girl-"

"Dad!" Sang's voice kicked up an octave hitching slightly as it rose. James took the opportunity to knee him again making him groan. "James!"

"He deserves it!" James said sharply as she stepped around the man who was now holding himself fallen on his knees. "How's it feel to kneel?"

His eyes snapped up to her own anger brimming through them. "You-"

"James," Sang said softer holding a hand out to the redhead. James swallowed clicking her jaw as she took it. "Your back."

"I had to sign some paperwork at the hospital," He said clearing his throat tilting his head at James. "This is who your making friends with? Hooligans-"

"Don't talk about her like that," Sang snapped face flushing.

James wasn't sure who looked more surprised. Her or Sang's dad. Holy shit Sang was mad. James pushed back a flush when she realized the other girl was defending her.

"She tased me!" He barked.

James grinned evilly, "And I'd do it again!"

"Sang please I want to talk to you alone," Her father spoke voice hard.

"James is staying or I'm going with her," Sang said firmly grasping tightly onto the redhead's hands. "Your choice."

He glowered, "Fine. I-"

"Where have you been?" Sang questioned. "You said New Mexico but...how could you get here so quickly mom only went into the hospital this morning."

"You know?" He sounded shocked making James glance between the pair.

"That she has cancer?" Sang asked, "Yes I know."

Her father eyed her carefully, "Well her treatments not going well she's going to be staying at the hospital for a while."

"So what does that mean for us? Marie and I?" Sang questioned curiously, "Are you going to be home again?"

"No." The answer was quick surprising James the girl shooting him a dark look.

"Why's that?" She questioned, "Working?"

He growled not answering keeping his gaze on Sang. The blonde's hold on her hand tightened. "Where have you been dad? What are you hiding?"

"I'm in another relationship. I met someone," He explained, "She's got a couple of kids and this all of this is too much. They don't need this."

James reached to grab her taser again taking a leap foreword, he flinched back hitting the counter just as Sang pulled her back the blonde lacing their fingers together tightly. "Another family?" There was pain laced in her voice making the red head's heartbreak.

She wished she had gotten a few more good shots in on the man.

"Would you even want me here?" He questioned making James scoff.

"How would she know?" James shot back. "Have you ever tried forming a relationship with your daughters? Or did you decide playing pretend with a new family would be better? Or had you not noticed you got two beautiful kids right here!"

She may not like Marie that much but she tried to see just a little bit of hope in the girl. Sang still had faith so James couldn't cross the girl's sister out completely. Marie hadn't gone through what Sang had but she had been ignored.

Pushed aside.

James understood how painful that could be.

She just wished the girl wouldn't take it out on Sang. It wasn't the blonde's fault.

"Your not apart of this family," He snapped. "And in all honesty, I could get you written up for assault chargers!"

"Do it!" James smirked, "Please then I'll show you just how much pain I can really inflict."

"So your leaving," Sang cut in. "What about Marie? What about me? Mom's in the hospital-"

"And she's not getting better, and even if she was she doesn't want me here and I don't want to be here." He said plainly making the blonde flinch. "So you need to take care of everything well your mother is in the hospital."

James felt sick, was he seriously high tailing out and leaving the blonde to take care of a whole house by herself? Sang hadn't done bills before, groceries, and James doubted either of her parents showed her how.

He expected Sang to just know? To just stay?

"I need to take care of everything?" Sang asked dumbfounded.

"You can't leave Marie alone," Her dad shrugged, "I have to leave I need to get to work."

James felt her anger flare again that was it? All the warning the blonde got?

"So that's it?" Sang questioned voice soft, "You're just leaving. Leaving mom, Marie, me just like that? We haven't seen you and now your just-just going to another family. Act like we don't exist."

He let out a laugh, "Come on Sang do you want me here?"

Sang twisted her lips, James could tell by the look in the blonde's eye she didn't. That wasn't the point though. This wasn't something Sang should have to ask.

"Why have kids if you don't want them?" James questioned darkly, "What about Marie? What if she wants you to stay?"

He frowned his hands on his hips, he was still pale pain etched into his face. James knew that was more from her doing rather than him being upset with the situation.

"I'll be back later I'll drop off groceries and pay the bills. If you need anything you can call me-"

"I don't have your number." Sang interrupted him a frown on her face.

"It's in your mother's room in the dresser, you'll be fine Sang your smart mature you can handle it. Go to school keep up your grades I can't take either of you but I'll provide for you until your eighteen. Pay for your college-"

"Why?" Sang swallowed, "What's the point if you don't want us? Y-You didn't even tell me mom was sick. I found out on my own, you didn't even tell me that she isn't my real mom. She told me. I-haven't asked anything from you. I've taken care of my self and of mom. Leave go with your new family but will you at least tell me who my real mother is?"

He swallowed turned and grabbing his keys his mouth in a thin line. Sang's face completely crumbled the blood draining from it.

He left the kitchen moving through the living room the front door and James shook her head.

"Oh hell no-" James let go of Sang's hand taking off after the man. Sang was quick on her heels as they both exited the house. "Hey! She asked you a question!" She shouted loudly.

"Dad-"

"You mother fucker!" James called loudly he got into the car but she stepped in front of it so he couldn't move. He glared at her through the window.

"Get out of the way." He growled.

"Answer her fucking question. That is the least you can do!" James shot at him. "The very least!"

"Dad please?" Sang whispered coming to the side of the car blocking him in. "Please?"

She heard a door swing open and pounding foots on pavement.

"Hey!" James didn't turn as she heard North voice speak loudly, "What the fuck is going on."

"Sang, James!" Nathan yelled there was a commotion as Silas and Kota moved by their sides. "What's happened?"

James, Silas, and Nathan were in front of Mr. Sorenson's car. Sang was standing by his window North, and Kota on either side of the blonde. They were tense alert and although they were speaking to the girls there eyes weren't leaving Mr. Sorenson.

"I'm about to call the police if she doesn't get out of my way," Sang's father spoke his tone cold as he avoided looking at the blonde completely. "And who are you, boys? I want you all out of my yard your trespassing."

"They're my family." Sang spoke her voice weak. "And you're not going to call the police-"

"No let him! Do it!" James slammed her hands against the hood of the car. "You're a pathetic excuse for a father! I thought tasing you would make some wiring jump in your head! Too bad your just a prick-"

North glowered his eyes narrowing on the man, Nathan looked like he would squish him a dark glare on his face. "What the fuck happened?" North questioned.

More car doors slammed and she knew the others were joining them.

"Listen, little girl-"

"Call me a little girl one more time and I'll-" James yelped as Nathan wrapped his arms around her keeping her from leaping at the car. "Nathan your so pretty and fabulous but if you don't put me down-"

"Believe me I want to," He murmured lowly, "Look at Sang."

James turned to the blonde who was shaking eyes downcast hands clenched by her sides. James took in a steely breathe, "Let me down." She whispered.

"Can't do that Rosie," Nathan muttered, "Can't have you breaking his windshield and getting the cops involved."

"I didn't even think about breaking the windshield, that's a great idea-"

"Fuck calling the cops I'm about to break his window." North growled.

"I want you all of my driveway-"

"I think your daughters asking you a question!" Gabe snapped standing next to Sang. "You can't take too fucking minutes to answer it-"

"Will go if Sang wants us to," Kota said firmly eyes narrowed. "Until then we stay."

The guy's moved around Sang standing tall all shooting deadly glares at her dad making the man pale. They were partly blocking his car standing tall. They wouldn't move unless Sang gave the go.

Year's Sang's dad had taken control from her, left her to a crazed mother leaving her with no answers. Now they were giving her the options.

And causing a little chaos for Mr. Sorenson.

"Sang get them out of my yard, now." Mr. Sorenson demanded teeth barred as he stared straight ahead.

Nathan scoffed loudly, "Is he fucking serious-"

"Don't talk to her like that," Victor snapped.

Sang was shaking looking like she was two seconds from crying. James was wiggling in Nathan's grasp she squeezed his arm's shooting him a pleading look. "Nathan let me go."

"James I-"

"Trust me."

The moment Nathan let her go she moved to Sang setting a hand on the blonde's shoulder. Silent support. Sang didn't need her freaking out even if her father deserved it. And as much as James wanted to grind him and make him feel every inch of hurt Sang did when she was in that shower. When she got punished every other time-she wouldn't.

"Dad?" Sang questioned her voice wobbling.

"Mr. Sorenson please," Kota said despite his face being calm his voice held a tinge of anger in it. Eyebrows twitching lightly. "Sang not asking a lot of you. I'm sure we can all have a civil conversation."

"Civil my fucking ass," Gabe grumbled hands clenched at his side.

"Dad?" Sang repeated, "Please? I just want to know who-"

Sang's dad ignored her turning his car and hitting the gas a little bit. It was enough to make the boys have to jump out of the way and just like that the man took the opening taking off out of the driveway.

"Mr. Sorenson," Kota said firmly eyes dark. "Calm down. Please maybe if you could take a moment to talk."

Kota had his hands up seeming to be the only calm one of the group currently. Victor was beside him.

"Sang just wanted-"

Mr. Sorenson let out a low chuckle. "I don't know who you kids think you are but you have no place to tell me how to speak to my daughter."

"You've done a really good job so far," Victor quirked an eyebrow his voice snarky.

"Fuck you," Gabe snapped, "Your daughter asked you a fucking question and your trying to run off."

"What a good father," Nathan said.

"We are surrounding his car like the mafia," Luke murmured almost making James laugh. Almost. If I wasn't

"No fucking way," James let go of Sang's shoulder snatching a rock from the ground and taking off after the car throwing it at the back window. It hit it and she threw up a finger he cracked a piece of Sang's heart the least she could do it cause him a little destruction. "You fucking piece of shit no good sorry ass excuse of a dad. GO TO HELL-"

James yelped as North wrapped his arms around her, the redheads breathing was labored nose flared as she glared.

"Fuck you asswhore!" Gabe screeched.

"Sang give me the word and we can follow him," Luke said voice dark.

North hummed in agreement pulling out his car keys, "Fuck that-"

"No." Sang swallowed, "No it's alright,"

It wasn't.

James turned to eye the blonde.

Kota, Gabe, Luke, Silas, Victor, Nathan, and Sang were all behind her standing in the road. She leaned back in North's arms a frown on her face.

It was like time had froze as they all awaited Sang's reaction. James felt...completely lost on to how to help the girl.

James had, had a shitty mother. Her dad though? They were as thick as thieves. She couldn't imagine not having that relationship with her dad. So now seeing how easily Mr. Sorenson tossed Sang and Marie aside...it hurt. She wished she could do more.

"...Did you say you tased him?" Sang questioned after a long moment. She was in between Kota and Nathan the pair had her in their arms as she looked out after her dad's car.

James locked her jaw, "I didn't know who was going through your kitchen, he's a real class a jerk sunshine." She shook her head, "I may have hit him a few times in the dick too...he deserved it though."

Sang let out a wet laugh wiping at the tears starting to stream down her face. Her arm's wrapped around herself awkwardly her gaze distant. Those green eyes looking all to lost. Far away from reality.

Or maybe she was just realizing how reality had hurt her. Again.

"Good," North grunted.

"Fucking hell Karl and Billy pulled through," Gabe put his hands on his hips his crystal blue eyes watching Sang with worry. "Hey James you got anymore friendly weapons. Like a Fred or Henry? Or something?"

"Why the fuck would my weapons be named Fred or Henry?" James asked perplexed.

Luke blinked, "Well why would they be named Karl or Billy?" He asked.

"And why are they both male?" Nathan questioned, "I thought you girl's were so much better and smarter and cooler?"

"How sexist of you too assume there both male." James raised her eyebrows cocking her hip. "Karl is a girl matter a fact."

"...Really?" Gabe asked looking genuinely confused.

"Are we really fighting over Taser's?" Victor questioned his eyebrows furrowed like he couldn't fathom how they ended up getting to this point in conversation.

James, Nathan, Luke and Gabe shared a look all shrugging in unison.

"...I thought Billy was the knife..." Silas commented after a moment breaking the silence.

James groaned her bringing her hands to her face. Sang let out a small giggle making her head shoot up. The blonde looked sad her frame shaking but she looked a little calmer now. As calm as one can be when there dad decides to dip for a whole new family.

"What happened?" Kota questioned voice soft. "What did he say?"

Sang looked to the ground her finger coming to her lip. "He's leaving," she mumbled voice barely above a whisper. "He wants me to stay at the house with Marie. Take care of everything...he's got another family. He's leaving."

"He's already been gone," James said softly, the blonde looked up her green eyes locking with James's. "You've got us though."

North's arms tightened around the redhead as his chest was against her back holding her to him. "Yeah, you guys do." He grumbled.

James turned to share a soft smile with him. Family.

"Fuck him if he can't see the family he's missing out on then it's his loss," Nathan said running a hand through Sang's hair. "He doesn't know what he's missing out on peanut."

"I mean Maries kind of a bitch," Gabe said earning an elbow to the stomach from Silas and dry looks from the others. "What? We we're all thinking it-"

"Gabe," Victor hissed his hand moving up to cover his face.

"What?" Gabe put his hands on his hips. "She fucking is. Your dad is a total asswhore for leaving you. He can go fuck himself though he doesn't deserve to stand in your presence!"

"Hear, hear," James chirped. "Preach it loud and proud."

Sang didn't laugh though she was still gazing ahead of her eyes distant. It broke James's heart to see her look so small and sad.

"He's not a good father Sang," Victor said, "but this isn't going to break you. He hasn't been there for you before and now you know why. It's awful and you deserve better. You deserve the world but he was never going to give it to you. He's been nonexistent from yourself for some time now and looks it at how fair you've made it without him. It's all going to be okay."

"What am I suppose to tell Marie?" Sang whispered lowly her voice cracking.

"The truth," Luke said softly, "And if your not comfortable doing it one of us can. Whatever you need Sang."

"Hey," Nathan moved in front of her tilting her chin up. "You deserve better than him."

"Marie, mom and him..." Sang started the words falling off her lips her hand coming to her chest. "I just-It shouldn't matter but...I don't know."

"It's okay to be sad Aggele mou," Silas said softly moving to pull her into his side. "To be angry, and frustrated and confused. It's okay to allow yourself to feel. Your father shouldn't have put you in the position he has. Shouldn't expect you to take care of everything. He's neglecting Marie and you."

"You shouldn't have to deal with any of this stuff," Kota said shaking his head. "It's not fair and it's alright to be upset."

"You should listen to them Sang," James murmured stuffing her hands into her sweatshirt pocket. "Avoiding thing's never really get's you anywhere. Just makes you angrier and sad and hurt. This. This whole thing is going to suck for a while. You're going to think about it at times and be sad. But then you'll reflect on it and realize you never needed him in the first place. You can't fight for people who don't fight for you back."

Sang's lips wobbled as she nodded clearing her throat. "T-thanks for choosing me guys."

And if she didn't melt just a little more for the blonde girl.

It seemed the other's hand the same sentiment's looking at the blonde fondly all of them looking a little at loss for words.

"Fuck will always choose you trouble," Gabe said moving and pulling Sang into a tight hug pressing a kiss to her head.

Luke nodding firmly, "Always, you both will always have a family with us."

"Chosen family," North's lips twitched as he nodded. "We look out for one another."

Victor nodded, "You never have to thank us, Princess," He said seriously. "Not for being your friend. Not for being in your life. We want you in ours. We value the both of you,"

James's heart clenched, "Well aren't you all so sappy," She sniffed turning her nose up. "You know this just gave me another idea..."

"...Not again," Nathan groaned.

"I'm not afraid to admit I'm scared to ask what the idea is," Luke said head tilting curiously.

Gabe grinned, "And also widely curious."

"What is it?" North said not wanting to wait for James's dramatics.

"Nonexistent asswhore goblin waffle fuck parent club," James did jazz hands to add a little spice to her club name title. "Get it because all of our parents are shitheads. Except for Erica, she's a sweetheart and if she wanted to fuck me I'd-"

"James!" Kota's face burned a bright red. "That's my mom!"

James laughed, "Ha I forgot, sorry Kota but she's like super hot. Hot people make me go spacy-"

"James," He groaned bringing his hands to cover his face.

"Goblin waffle fuck parent club?" Silas muttered rubbing the back of his neck. "Um..."

"...I forgot we haven't met your dad yet," James pointed out. "Huh, you could be like the club cheerleader. Like oh no James you're an orphan it's okay here's a cookie. Or like ah Nathan your dad left you here's a cake."

"There's deserts involved?" Luke perked up head tilting.

"No," North said sternly.

"Well that's up to Silas he's the cheer mom." James shrugged.

"The cheer mom?" Gabe said eyebrows high, "Well I'm fucking in. One because the name is immaculate. Asswhore is a fan favorite-"

"Heard!" James chirped air high-fiving him.

"And two because I'd love to hear Mr. Blackbourne use that name." Gabe grinned widely looking all two amused.

"...Did you seriously use my dad's abandonment as a joke?" Nathan said his lips twitching.

James blinked at him, "Dude abandonment jokes are top-notch. Right along with child abuse jokes and death jokes. How else do you expect me to cope?" She crinkled her nose. "The punch line always hits different with abuse jokes."

That earned various groaned from around the group making James grin widely.

"That was terrible," North said shaking his head lips twitching as he rolled his eyes.

"Oh come on!" James cackled, "That was funny! Punchline! Get it!"

"Your seriously awful," Nathan said poking her side making her jump. "Like for real-"

Sang was giggling eyes twinkling with amusement, "James you really shouldn't joke about thing's like that." She commented. "It's sad."

"But you laughed."

"But you we're emotionally stunned because of the abuse you went through." Sang pointed out.

James grinned wiggling her eyebrows, "But you laughed."

Sang's lips curled into an unwanted smile, "I-your confusing."

"And if we didn't have the childhoods we had none of us would be so funny!" James shot finger guns at Gabe, "Like without depression I'm sure I'd be like half as entertaining. I might get a decent night of sleep but that's beside the point!"

"Have you not been sleeping, James?" Victor questioned voice concerned.

James snapped at him mimicking zipping her lips. "Ah! You can't trick me, magic man!" She made an X with her arms. "Shoo-begone."

"...You know that's not going to work right?" Nathan questioned. "You didn't do anything-"

"Ah!" James threw her hands up. "I can't take this slander anymore!"

"...No one's slandering you," Silas said amusement laced in his tone.

"You're trying to kill Sang and I! Having us stand in the middle of the road!" James said dramatically motioning around her, "It's like you have no concern for our well being!"

"You were the one who ran into the middle of the road," Kota said slowly, "Chasing after a car-"

"Details," James waved a hand whipping her eyes towards Sang. "Sweetheart we got two options! Find a movie and cry our eyes out well shit talking your dad or option two."

"What's option two?" Sang questioned curiously.

"Not letting him ruin any more of your days," James said looking into her eyes seriously. She wasn't only talking about Sang's dad. She was talking about him too. She was tired of moping, tired of walking on eggshells with her friends.

Sang took in a sharp breathe lips twisting before she finally nodded glancing at each of the boy's then locking eyes back to James. "Option two."

"I was hoping you'd say that," Gabe smirked, "I've got no idea what's planned but it's James."

"Hopefully we don't die." Victor joked.

"More like hopefully we do." James shot back earning a karate chop to the head from Nathan. "No!"

"Not funny," He said.

"...I laughed,"

"Shut up Gabe!" Several of the guy's groaned.

🌷

"Your idea is a park?" North asked.

The group was currently in a line having parked their cars. The park James normally frequents was empty making her bounce on her toes slightly excitement coursing through her.

"My park," James corrected.

"You own a park?" Silas smirked.

James narrowed her eyes, "Fuck you smart ass."

"James don't say that to Silas," Sang said shooting her a look.

"Fine. Fuck you ass." James said grinning widely. Sang gaped at her mouth opening as she shot a panicked look to Silas and the others.

"That's not what I meant!" Sang's voice squeaked as she turned pleading eyes to Silas. "Really-James!"

James pouted, "But sunshine, he was being sarcastic!"

Sang smirked, "You don't own sarcasm."

"Your suppose to be on my side," James whined. "Kota fix it!"

"I agree with Sang," He pushed up his glasses. "Could you imagine if we limited it to only you owning sarcasm? It'd be a catastrophe for the rest of us."

"Will probably break this stuff," North said eyeing the parks equipment with narrowed eyes.

"Speak for yourself," Victor shot back smirking at North who flipped him off.

"I haven't gone to the park in years," Sang admitted eyes bright as she glanced around. "I wouldn't even know where to start!"

"Is there a reason we're all just standing?" Nathan said eyes bright, "North bet I'll beat you at monkey bars."

North scoffed, "I'm not going to-"

Nathan raced off making North growl quickly chasing after the redhead. Luke laughed loudly head tipping back, "Oh this is so going to be fun!" He grabbed Gabe's hand. "Let's go down the slid! Or wait let's go climb that thing!"

"What's that thing called?" Gabe questioned.

Sang titled her head, "I don't know,"

"Me either but I really want to climb it!" Luke bounced turning to Sang and James. "Come on! Want to go play monkeys?"

James and Sang shared a smile shrugging.

"Looks like we're going to go climb a thing," James winked at Kota, Silas, and Victor trekking after the others.

"It's called a climbing frame," Kota yelled.

"I prefer thing!" Luke shot back.

"Seconded!" Gabe scooped James up in his arm's making her yelp.

"Passed motion carried!"

"I was just informing you of the proper title!" Kota laughed, "I don't care what you call it-"

"Whatever book nerd," Luke stuck his tongue out easily jumping onto the climbing frame and hanging upside down. His blonde hair fell down making her giggle. He smiled brightly at her making her heart flutter.

God Luke was gorgeous, fuck they all were.

She glanced around the park seeing them all goofy around smiles on their faces as they teased one another. Moment's like this were everything she liked seeing them all so relaxed and playful. It was hot and adorable.

With school and work, they weren't going to get that many more days like this.

She patted Gabe's arm, "let me down! I wanna play!"

"Wanna play?" Gabe smirked, "What game?"

James hit his shoulder heart racing at the way his voice dropped an octave. It wasn't fair with the way his voice already sent chills down her spine.

Fucking hot men.

"Fucking hell," She detached herself from him, "I can't deal with the teasing today. I'm running on E I must use leftover energy for climbing."

"Excuses, excuses,"

"Fuck off," James flipped him off climbing through the wholes of the climbing frame.

Sang was giggling madly shooting her a bright smile when they made eye contact.

Yeah, this was a good idea.

🌷

"Silas please!"

"Theo mou I'm too tall," he said his hands on his hips.

James pouted widening her eyes as she curled her hands together moving to stand on her tiptoes.

"Puppy eyes!" Luke and Gabe mouthed standing behind the tall Greek.

"Please, Hercules?" She questioned blinking at him.

Silas shifted before conceding, "fine I will go on the life board with you."

James giggled, "it's called a teeter-totter Si!" She quickly snatched his hand pulling him over to the area a wide grin across her face.

She got on first her butt hitting the ground her knees awkwardly on either side of the board. Silas side peering at her with those dark eyes before shifting to the other side.

"You are holding on tight yes?"

"Yes, yes!" James chirped. "Come on!"

She spotted Luke and Gabe recording making her shoot them a wink excitement coursing through her.

Silas sat down slowly but the weight difference caused James too shoot up a loud laugh escaping her lips. His knees were at his chest in an awkward position as he shook his head at her.

James was now high in the air her feet dangling as she gripped the handlebars to the teeter-totter. "Oh my god!" She whooped with joy a laugh bubbling out of her mouth.

"Silas!" Nathan exclaimed, "you're going to fling her off!"

He jogged over hesitating as he stood next to James.

"Ha! I'm taller than you!" James stuck out her tongue bouncing in the seat. "My feet can't touch!"

"She weighs like two pounds if she gets hurt she's going to break every bone in her little body." Nathan said, "get down."

"I'll be careful," Silas said assuringly. "Besides look at that smile! How can you tell that face she has to get down."

Nathan turned to her his face crumbling as he took note of the happiness etched onto her features. "Please be careful."

"Careful is my middle name," James winked.

"What is your middle name?" Nathan questioned curiously.

James made a face, "no." She deadpanned.

That made all the boys perk up.

"No?" Gabe gasped. "What do you mean no? Now you have to tell us."

"Never," James said her arms crossing over her chest as she glanced down at them all. And gosh wasn't it fun being taller. "Over my dead body."

The boys all shared a look making her eyes narrow.

"Pretty please candy apples, extra whip cream, caramel drizzle, and a cherry on top?" Luke questioned pouting up at her widening his at her.

"Please James?" Nathan repeated putting his arm around Luke's shoulder.

Gabe seemed to get the memo folding his hands. "Fucking hell beautiful you can't leave us high and dry wondering. Tell us, tell us-"

"Tell us Theo mou," Silas said a grin across his lips.

God damn it, they used their telepathy mojo to weaken her. Like she wasn't a sucker for them on a good day.

Now having her crushes blink up at her with devilish smiles and pouty faces she almost lost her breath.

They have no right to hold so much power over her.

James grumbled her name glaring at the ground.

"What was that?" Nathan questioned eyes squinted.

James glared at him, "Jazzy," she gritted.

"Jazzy?" The boys repeated at the same time.

"What's that?" North questioned startling her. She glanced down at him, "and why are you on that with Silas? You're going to break your neck!"

"It's her middle name," Luke grinned widely smiling so hard his eyes pinched together. "I love it!"

She flushed madly shrugging, "it's dorky."

"Your name is Jameson Jazzy Jones?" North questioned slowly.

"Aweeeee," Gabe cooed. "I wasn't sure what I was expecting but why does that fit you perfectly?"

"Shut the fuck up," James grumbled.

"I love it," Silas said seriously making her lips twitch up.

"Jazzy," Nathan repeated. "Maybe we should start calling you that-"

"I will shove your balls so far up your ass that you won't be able to walk."

"Or not." He smiled meekly rubbing the back of his neck.

"What don't like a little ass play?" Gabe questioned. Luke barked out a laugh his head tipping back as he and Gabe shared a look.

"It's nice," North said after a moment.

"Thanks..." James said awkwardly. "It sounds so stupid my father really wanted me to suffer. I don't know what my dad was thinking."

"It suits you Jazzy," Luke grinned.

"Si let me down!" James didn't wait a moment longer before she jumped off the teeter totter. Making the boy's all cry out gaining the attention from the others. They all groaned moving over to the group James and the other formed.

"Everything alright?" Victor asked.

James shot past him rushing after a running Luke who almost tripped on his feet. Gabe seemed to be having to much fun with it making her shoot him a dark glare too.

Luke screeched as she moved to chase after him. "Jazzy no!"

"Jazzy yes!" Gabe cried.

James had to hide her laugh as she moved to tackle him. "Kota help!"

"No! Ow!"

James had tackled Gabe grabbing Luke's ankle so they were all a pile of limbs. The woodchucks bit into her skin but she ignored them.

James grinned evilly. "You did this yourself..."

"Why did he call her Jazzy?" She heard Sang ask curiously.

🌸

"I bet I can do more pull-ups than you," James said to North poking him in his side.

North let out a low chuckle, "not that I don't have confidence in your but-"

"Anyone who adds but to a sentence like that clearly has no confidence in me." James teased jumping in the wood chips. "What are you scared teddy bear?"

North made a face, "scared that your arms might fall off."

James brought her arms off showing off her guns, "these bad boys? They're pretty hot I know don't like your dick get all heated."

"James!" He groaned rolling his eyes, "and I can't even see your muscles you're wearing a sweatshirt."

"Because I know you'd be intimidated otherwise." She shot back at him snapping her fingers. "Come on player a favor for whoever wins. Whatever they want."

"I don't trust you you'll probably make me dress up in a tutu-"

"Or kitten ears and a lease," she purred.

"Fuck no-"

"Don't be a baby!" James jumped from foot to foot. "Come on macho man! Let's see what you got!"

North grumbled as he moved to the monkey climbing bars both of them moving to stand under a bar. "Can you reach or do you need me to lift you up?"

James flipped him off, "I capable of getting up." She huffed. "Ready?"

"I wonder what I should have you do when you lose," North hummed. "Maybe I'll have you sweet it out for a while."

"Big talk Mr. Cocky." James teased.

They both moved into position hiking themselves up.

"One," North grinned.

🌸

Victor and James were laying on the bridge that overlooked the park. James has wandered off wanting to watch her friends run around.

Victor eventually took after her joining her wordlessly.

"Don't tell North but my arms feel like jello," James said to the elegant boy.

Victor let out a low laugh shaking his head, "still a hundred is impressive."

"A hundred and two," James corrected.

"I thought you were going to get him off by making him laugh."

"My strategy for next time." James grinned wildly.

Victor laughed, "I can't wait to see it." He admitted.

James snorted, "gonna team up with me or record?" She teased.

"Depends on who you're after."

"Fair." She kicked her feet back and forth on the bridge hands behind her as she leaned back on them. The pebbles dug into her palm slightly but she didn't care.

She felt...good.

She had a sketchy idea of friendship. Hell of family, so the idea that these guys truly wanted her despite everything was...scary.

She could only wish with everything she had that they would stay with her.

Hope that their words were true.

Fear would linger, paranoia always at the back of her mind.

But she was tired of running.

She couldn't run from them not when she so badly needed them. Wanted them. Cherished them.

"Hey, James?" Victor asked.

She turned softly her hair falling over her shoulder. "Yes?"

He swallowed taking a step forward. "You never have to pretend to be happy for us. Not to protect us or our feelings."

James blushed, "I don't-"

"You do," Victor said running a hand through his waves his eyes burning. "And I get it I do I get thinking it's better to hide what your feeling but you don't have to."

James chewed the inside of her mouth nodding slowly, "it's hard."

"It is," Victor said gently taking her hand and tracing his nails across it. She watched as he made a pattern over and over again. She smiled when she realized it was a heart. "But it's harder on yourself burying them. Draining. It's okay to feel,"

"I just feel so much," James whispered, "like everything I feel overwhelms me when I'm happy when I'm sad or j-"

"Or what?" Victor questioned.

"Jealous or angry." James admitted hesitantly, "I'm used to putting on a facade and with you guys...Sometimes I feel like I don't have to hide. Other times it feels like it's my only option."

"You close yourself off," Victor said.

"I know," James whispered. "It's just so much easier."

"You don't have to."

James's heart flipped, "Okay."

"What are you jealous of?" Victor questioned head tilting.

James blushed, "what not gonna ask what I'm angry about?"

"Giving how you reacted to Sang's dad I can pick up reasons why you're angry. Hell with your past I'd be angry constantly." Victor nudged her shoulder. "Jealous on the other hand..."

"It's silly," James waved off.

Victor eyed her carefully making her groan. "Hey, you don't have to tell me I just..." he trailed off leaving his sentence open.

James's lips moved into a thin line, all or nothing.

"It's fine-"

"Like at the mall," James cut him off, "when you were buying gifts for whatever girl. I just got jealous don't kill me for being a little possessive of my- friends."

Shock crossed his features his eyes widened, "wait you- the jewelry?"

"I told you it was dumb," James said, "I never really asked if you guys had girlfriends and I flirt all the time and it's not because you got somebody else something it was just the fact that you-"

Don't share the same feelings as her. Or-maybe he did? Sometimes he acted like it and Kota wouldn't say he had a plan if the boy's didn't like the girls.

James couldn't help but be frustrated. She didn't know how to feel. Everything was confusing.

Victor laughed making James flush. Embarrassed as she whacked him on the shoulder.

"Hey!"

"No need to be an asshole about it!" James muttered.

"No, no," he grinned, "I swear I'm not laughing at you-"

"You legitimately are though?"

"I'm laughing because I got you and Sang something," his grin turned meek as he rubbed the back of his neck. "I wanted to wait for the right time to give it to you..."

James's eyes widened her breath catching. He had gotten her and Sang a gift? She suddenly felt ridiculous being jealous.

"What?"

He moved to grab the blazer he was wearing and reached around the pocket. James couldn't help her curiosity as she peered forward.

He pulled out a long box holding it in front of her. When she didn't move his lips twitched up, flipping it open revealing a gorgeous silver necklace.

On it was a small hummingbird, its wings spread out as if it was in motion. It was simple, elegant, stunning.

She glanced up at Victor her eyebrows pinched.

"I've never really been great at giving gifts at the right time." He said sheepishly, "but I just- I thought you might like it. It reminded me of you; colorful and joyful. They have a unique spark my melody, my hummingbird."

James's hand brushed over it hesitantly afraid to touch something so beautiful.

So special.

And he got it with the thought of her on his mind.

"Oh, Victor,"

"If you don't like it-"

"I love it," James said eyes snapping up to his own.

"Yeah?" His eyes burned brightly the fire in them making her own gut pool with heat.

"Yeah," she said earnestly, "but I can't accept it."

"And that's why I want you to have it," Victor said seriously, "you don't expect anything. I appreciate that more than you know. And I want you to have it."

James's lips twitched, "you sure it wouldn't look better on Owen? Bring out the grey in his eyes?"

He let out a low chuckle a smirk settling across his lips. "It was meant for you," there was a spark in his eyes that she hadn't recognized before. "It'll go good with the outfits."

"Charming,"

"Melody," He brushed some hair from her cheek his face turned conflicted before it blanked unreadably.

James couldn't help but be perplexed by the change of emotions she opened her mouth to ask what was wrong when he moved her hair over her shoulder.

"May I?"

She scrunched her nose confused earning a laugh from him. Then he tilted her shoulder carefully placing the necklace around her neck clasping it for her.

"Beautiful," He murmured.

James swallowed glancing at it her hand coming up to touch it delicately. "It really is..."

"That's not what I was talking about," his voice sent chills down her spine her head turning to lock eyes with him. She gasped when she realized they were only breathes apart.

Beautiful.

Had-had he meant her? James couldn't help but turn and lock eyes with those burning ones. The necklace almost felt like hope...Both Sang and her thought maybe thing's with Victor weren't mutual...but then Kota happened...and...James needed to figure everything out before anymore feeling's got involved.

She needed to talk to Kota.

"Wanna race?"

Victor blinked, "what?"

James shot up charging towards the playground. It wasn't a moment later that Victor was hot on her heels.

She swallowed hard. Beautiful.

🌷

"Hey Loverboy," James tugged on a piece of Luke's long blonde hair her finger curling around it. "You know typically you wait for the person to finish going down the slide."

"Oh do you?" He questioned they were pressed together with a mess of limbs in the slide. "My bad."

"You could have bruised me."

"I'd never," Luke said seriously before his eyes flickered with amusement. "You know we make a good pair. A beautiful couple some might say."

Before she could move he flipped her over so she was on top of him. Their chests pressing.

"Is that so?" She moved to brush some hair out of his face.

"James," Luke licked his lips eyes concerned. "About everything yesterday-"

James flushed, "It's alright-"

"You've had a rough past and it's not alright." Luke said seriously. "Nothing about it is even a little bit alright. I wish I would have met you sooner."

"Maybe in another life," James joked.

Luke smiled at her sadly, "If you want to talk. Now, later, ever. My ears are always open."

"Thanks Luke." James cupped his cheek.

He hummed, opening his mouth to speak when his eyes hardened. "What's this?" He gently took ahold of her hand his fingers grazing over her wrist.

James followed his line of sight, hand-shaped bruises were forming around her wrist. She hadn't noticed before but the sleeves to Silas sweatshirt fell down in their compromised position.

"Oh it's fine," James waved off, "I bruise easy. Sang's dad and I just shared some words he wasn't all that happy with me..."

"He did this?" Luke's jaw locked tightly. "James-"

"I technically acted aggressively before realizing who he was. Then I hit him more." James admitted, "I was kinda a bitch. He let Sang live in that house knowing what that woman did. He didn't look the least bit shocked."

Luke cursed under his breathe his eyes dark, "is it bad that I'm glad he's gone? I wish Sang had a good father but-"

"He's not. And around he'll cause more harm than good." James said, "I'm glad he's gone too."

They both shared a look.

"I can't believe he touched you," Luke's fingers touched James's wrist gently. She sucked in a breathe because she only now realized he was getting a closer visual of her scars.

Ugly and bruised.

"Did He-"

"No." James said then paused, "pushed me into the counter a little bit but he didn't hit me or- just my wrists."

Luke's nostrils flared. His mouth opening and closing a few times.

"It's alright-"

"It's not." Luke said firmly, "it's not anywhere near okay. He should never put his hands on you. No one should ever put their hands on your without your permission."

"We live in a cruel world."

Luke's eyes turned sad his hand coming to cup her face gently, "Wouldnt it be nice to run away."

"Like in a castle," James mused sinking into a daydream with him. Gazing at him a little dazed. "One big house all of us together. No crazy family's or horrid schools."

"You and Gabe could paint all the rooms," Luke said voice tinged with excitement. "Sang and I can bake in the kitchen. Will have North and Silas on standby to keep you and Sean out."

"But will get in because I'll be a good distraction." James smirked, "so you'll get Nathan and Kota to try and defuse the situation-"

"Victor will probably be filming well Sang tries to stop the fire-"

"Until somebody eventually brings Owen into the mix." James snorted, "but he holds no power over us."

"Mr. Blackbourne will eventually snap and then the rest of us will be amused and shocked by the downfall of the great Owen Blackbourne."

James smiled widely, "it'll be full of chaos."

"Our group has always been wild and reckless, we've just found two beautiful girls to help add fuel to the fire." Luke gave her a panty-dropping grin.

"I couldn't imagine anything better," James said truthfully. "Although in my case I'd probably be starting the fire literally-"

"Hey! What the fuck are you two doing in there-"

"Drugs!" James screeched sliding out of the tube coming face to face with a grinning Gabe. "Want some?"

"Only the hard kind!" He pulled her into his arms. "Found them! I knew it was getting too quiet!"

"Rude,"

"It's the truth," Gabe moved forward licking her cheek making her squawk.

"Gabe!"

"Come on rebel!! Your hot ass didn't bring us out here to sit in a tube slide! Come play!"

"Cum or play?" James questioned making Gabe laugh his head tilting back.

"Smartass, no need to be so cheeky."

"You never answered my question-"

"James!" Sang giggled waving from Silas's shoulder. "Rock wall race!?"

"You've escaped this time," James said moving and walking backward to Sang giving Luke and Gabe the watching eyes sign. "Coming sunshine!"

🌷

James and Kota were swinging a comfortable silence between them. James had asked him if he'd join her.

There was so many things she wanted to bring up. Talking to Sang, Victor, the others. But god the moment she was alone with him she thought about his lips touching her own and she knew...knew she needed to talk about it.

She wanted to bring up the topic about the kiss...but she didn't really know where to begin. The moment her and Kota got alone it felt as though her chest tightened and her throat locked. It shocked her to her core and took her a moment to realize...she was nervous.

Nervous to be around Kota after their kiss.

That wasn't the only thing that was bothering her though...

"Am I like Sang's dad?" James questioned.

"What? No of course not," Kota said swiftly looking at her like she was crazy. "What in the world would make you think that?"

"I'm always running away," James said, "from my feelings, from my past, from reality. It's easy to avoid things and push them aside. So much of my life has been...challenging that I started taking the easy way out regarding certain options. I run from thing's Kota. Just like him, he ran from his family. Ignored his kids his wife there feeling's their pain."

"Your not like Sang's dad," Kota said.

James twisted her lips in disagreement eyes going downcast. "I'm a shitty person."

"No your not." Kota said firmly, "James-"

"I am." James curled into herself, "I can't even deal with my feelings like a normal human being. I'm fucked up and then I cause you guys to worry and I can be a bitch."

"Why are you saying that?" Kota asked moving to kneel in front of James.

"Because it's the truth?" James scoffed.

Kota tilted her chin up, "James." He said voice firmer his eyes knowing. "You're not a shitty person, you're thoughtful and caring. You have a bad habit of looking out for other people more than yourself. Depression and anxiety can do funny things to a person. Your not alone anymore," He glanced at her curiously. "But you're saying it as if you're trying to convince me."

James's lips trembled, face flaming. "I like you a lot, Kota. I like all of you a lot. But we've barely touched on the surface of everything and I can be a lot. Dealing with someone who-who has depression is a lot."

She saw it in her dad how he fell in a downward spiral well trying to put on a brave face for her. It was one of the hardest things she's ever had to witness.

Watching someone she loves to fall out of love with themselves.

"You've got to stop thinking of yourself as a problem," Kota said voice commanding. "Something to be dealt with. Your human James, you'll have moments of sadness, of anger. Mental pain opens wounds that are more difficult to deal with than physical. Thing's to get better though some days are just harder than others. Some more challenging, you don't have to be alone anymore. There's no need to live to please people anymore James. We like you for you. I like you because your you, not the person who wears the fake smiles. Or lies to true and make something easier."

"Kota-"

"I want you," Kota said, "And there's nothing you can say to change that. So don't try."

James closed her eyes taking in stuttering breathe. So many words crossed her mind but they all became jumbled at her throat. Lost in a gold mine. "I-Sang and I-I told her we kissed. I-I-I you said you had a plan?"

Kota's eyes lit up as he pushed his glasses forward. "An idea," his lips curl into a small smile. "Sang-?"

"All or nothing," James whispered lowly. "It's what we both agreed on. Maybe it's selfish but-"

"I get it," His conflicted eyes shot over to Sang. "I get it."

James cleared her throat, "So what's this plan?"

"I'm glad you asked..."

🌸

They were all sitting on the grass a little away from the park. At one point or another Luke and North disappeared coming back with a boatload of food. They quickly loaded up the girl's plates with sandwiches and they even brought various drinks.

It was really sweet.

"So I know we've had a lot going on," Nathan started swallowing the last piece of her turkey melt. "And of course I think we all want it to be clear that everything yesterday-"

"I-I don't think I want to talk about it right now," James started but Nathan cut her off.

"If you do though," He nodded, "We're all here. But there was one thing I did want to ask..."

James quirked an eyebrow her head tilting to the side. "Okay..." She said slowly wondering what exactly his question might be.

"You know the Toma team?"

"Fucking hell I've been waiting for this one!" Gabe snapped his finger's whipping his head around her. "Like what kind of bombshell is that?!"

"Yeah, what the heck when did that happen?" Victor asked seriously. "Like-what?"

"Yeah, I thought you were with John Oliver?" Sang said her nose scrunched up adorably.

James let out a laugh amused by their shock. "I was with John Oliver! John Oliver's like good friends with the Toma team. There light tighter than Batman and Robin."

"...John Oliver knows the Toma team?" Silas scratched the back of his neck. "Is he Academy?"

"I didn't even know they were Academy until you all informed me," James said.

They all paused sharing looks.

"...So the Toma's are an Academy team that James and you all are aquatinted with?" Sang said after a long moment.

Kota nodded, "That would be correct." He pushed up his glasses. "Although I'm a little unsure of the details on how James became associated with them."

"Woah watch it big boy Axel is my grandpa!" James exclaimed. "You can't disrespect his title like that?"

"What the fuck?" Gabe laughed, "James I don't know if your joking or not. Why? Why would he be your grandfather? Please don't tell me you call him that."

"Please tell me you do," Nathan smirked.

"You all are asking the wrong fucking questions," North said seriously looking disappointed.

"How long have you known them?" Luke asked propped his head on his chin as he moved to lay on his stomach. "How did you meet? Who's your favorite? Who do you hate? What-"

"-That's better." North interrupted. "But give her a chance to speak.

"Well, it all started when I went to meet John Oliver and then accidentally tased Raven-"

"You what?" They all shouted various tones of bewilderment and amusement.

North however was smirking, "Good." He said making James turned to him.

"You don't like Raven?"

"They've had a war going on for ages," Nathan said sounded disinterested. "That's not important what is-"

"-Is why you tased Raven in the first place?" Kota finished. "James-"

"Hey! I thought I was meeting up with my Romeo only to have the door be opened by a large very naked Russian man!"

"He was what now?" Gabe asked.

"Fucking Raven," North growled, "It's a good thing you tased him otherwise-"

"Naked?" Victor repeated.

James couldn't help but laugh as the other's all started over talking her. Sang was shaking her head looking overwhelmed. "I-Who are these people?"

The redhead smirked, "Oh I'll tell you all about them..." She moved to lean closer to the blonde. Just like that James got the other's attention explaining her first meeting with the Toma team. Starting at tasing Raven, to dinner, to teasing John Oliver.

She even shared a few of their helpful thoughts and advice when she took off. And of course, she had to show them the photos she took of the Toma team all dolled up in face masks.

For research purposes.

"Will you please send those to me?" Luke was grinning so wide that his eyes were crinkled. "I have to get them made into shirts!"

"Can you get me one of Grandpa Axel?" James asked smirking, "You know what I'll actually order the whole set. But I would like to invest in a special one of a kind shirt for Owen..."

"Your evil," Gabe commented. "And I want those pictures too."

"I can't believe they did face masks," Nathan snorted.

Sang and James shared a look. "I don't know face masks sound kind of fun." the blonde commented lightly.

Victor perked up, "Did you want to do face masks, princess?"

"Victor..." North growled lowly.

Kota laughed, "A face mask wouldn't hurt you North-"

"It'd probably fix that ugly mug," Silas poked North's cheek. "Besides Raven looks content-"

"Raven's an ass."

"I need to know about this beef," James said seriously. Gabe winked at her mouthing later making her perk up. "Oh, and we should paint our nails. Mine is chipping. Hey is Jess free tonight?"

And just liked that they bounced back into conversation all rambling with ideas. Gabe insisted on doing face masks tonight. Victor agreed. North and Nathan were complaining. Luke was curious. Silas was indifferent and Kota was insisting they go back home and finish homework.

James...James was just glad Sang was smiling again.

And hey despite a rough start to the day with lots of un surety thing's were finally starting to clear up.

Sang knew about her and Kota's kiss.

Kota was coming together with a plan.

Victor didn't have some crazy girl at school he was buying gifts for. Sang and James were those girls.

And the others...they were all here with her. Smiling and laughing and still looking at her like she held the moon. They wanted her. And for James that was more than enough. Right now she'd let everything else work through its course.

And she'd appreciate that they managed to make it a good day.

As always don't mind any spelling or grammar mistakes. 

Another chapter baby!

A little more lighthearted then are last few chapters. (Of course we have some moment's but the ending makes up for it.)

James's shared a lot last chapter and although the other's didn't talk about it too much doesn't mean they weren't thinking about it. James clearly has a habit of being uncomfortable sharing information and avoiding conflict to an extent. Sharing so much was hard to her. Mentally draining and the other's saw that.

They were respecting her by not bringing it up more/asking more questions but they still were making sure to indicate that they were there for her.

Right now though James just needed some R&R and normacaly.

So her and Silas kick it back at the aparment cozying up with one another. Some time with our Greek is always fun.

Then of course we have Sang and James taking off for some girl time. I feel like it's been a moment since they spent time with just each other.

(Don't worry will get too see some fun moment with them when they join Ollie for a sleepover this weekend...the trio ends up getting into some...interesting moments that's for sure.)

We got some cute moment's with the girls. 'Sigh' I just love them.

We see protective James and protective Sang in this chapter.

James is bold, firey as she goes of on Mr. Sorenson.

Sang's is more sutble but she for the first time stands up to her family. Her dad. Sang may be shy when it comes to herself but she is protective of James and the boy's. Her chosen family.

I could not wait to show Mr. Sorenson and James's meeting. The red head got heated quickly and I can't say I'm not mad that one of there parent's seemed to finally get some backlash for there actions. Or in Mr. Sorenson's case lack there of.

Ah! What else?

We've got some fun moment's at the park just goofing around. I like adding moment's like this I think a lot of the time we forget they're all teenagers. 16 and 17 year's old having gone through so many tramautic event's.

They need time to live a little too.

We had some heart felt conversations with Luke, Victor and of course Kota. 

Looks like our boy has a plan in place and both Sang and James are getting ready too hear the heart of it...thing's are cooking up...

And of course the other's learn James's meet que with the Toma team. Ah good times. Didn't think I was going to leave it where I did last chapter did you? The boy's had too shift direction in that moment-Because James and her feelings were a higher priorty. All of them have been dying with curiostity though and waiitng for a good moment to ask.

Looks like they found one!

Sorry for the lack of Owen and Sean this chapter! They had to get some Academy buisnnes done regaurding Mrs. Sorenson. They'll be back betta then ever next chapter.

Welp were at the end of the line!

What is something you want to see? Any special moment's or requests?

Favorite part?

An interaction you'd like to happen?

Until next time my loves!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.3K 2.2K 16
|COMPLETE| A Ghost Bird Fanfiction. Sang arrives in a Charleston foster home after the untimely death of her mother. Little does she know, adjusting...
29.9K 1.9K 17
An Academy Fanfiction based on the characters of C.L. Stone's Ghost Bird Series. Written by Katy Did. Sang plans a game for the guys that has the...
58.9K 3.4K 38
Sang Sorenson is a girl going through heartbreak. Everything was going perfectly, but the moment she let her guard down, that was the moment she rem...
53.2K 4.2K 19
Sang's been adopted into her best friends family, and in an attempt to help Sang move on and get a fresh start from the horrors that were her past, t...