Mixed Blood

Bởi 11thCenturyJoker

Six Princes. Seven Friends. One Prophecy. Follow the story of a group of thirteen individuals as they navigat... Xem Thêm

Author's Note
Introduction
The Prophecy (Prologue)
1: The King's Request
2: Check In
3: New Information
4: Confusion and Misunderstanding
5: Soulmate Mechanics
7: Vampire Nomenclature
8: Triple Double
9: Literature Project
10: Side by Side
11: On Screen
12: Weekend Plans
13: Quelpart Escapade
14: Give and Take
15: In The Dark
16: Beach Again
17: Say The Name
18: Soulmate Bonding
19: Paragon Duties
20: Stepping into Action
21: Aftermath
22: Prophecy Decoded
23: Asking Permissions
24: Wrong Timing
25: Moon Over and About
26: Social Distancing
27: Formalities: Part 1
28: Formalities: Part 2
29: The Calm Before The Storm
30: Crossroads: Part 1
31: Crossroads: Part 2
32: Crossroads: Part 3
33: Rite of Passage: Part 1
34: Rite of Passage: Part 2
35: Rite of Passage: Part 3
36: Questions and Answers
37: Conditions
38: Dream Team
39: Start Moving
40: Urgent Appointments
41: Crossing Borders
42: One Up
43: Two in One
44: Great Gathering
45: Water Activities
46: Enlighten
47: Teamed Up
48: Stranger Than Fiction
49: Untold Stories
50: Greener Pastures
51: First Blood
52: Monster Jam
53: Change of Status
54: Divide and Conquer
55: Dreams into Action
56: Battle Royal: Part 1
57: Battle Royal: Part 2
58: Battle Royal: Part 3
59: From the Back
60: Perfect Timing
61: A Step Forward
62: Suiting Up
63: Cold Feet and Hot Tea
64: Royal Hymeneal
Official Statement (Epilogue)

6: Night Troubles

130 14 0
Bởi 11thCenturyJoker

A week after the first Fatumics class, Section Rose Quartz was slowly falling into rhythm. They were gradually getting used to their daily routine, except for Vampirology. They haven't had any Vampirology classes yet since the teacher was not yet back from pursuing further studies.

On the hand, everyone was growing closer to each other each day, especially Mingyu and Wonwoo's circle of friends. Soonyoung was still annoying the living daylights out of Jihoon, Jun was continuously flirting with Minghao, Seokmin and Chan were getting along quite well, Vernon and Seungkwan were still shy toward each other while Seungcheol, Jeonghan, and Joshua acted as the elders of the group.

Same as before, Section Rose Quartz's day ended earlier than the others since the teacher for Vampirology was still nonexistent. The thirteen teenagers all separated into each of their post-class activities. Jun had dance and piano clubs, Soonyoung and Chan had dance club, Minghao had both dance and art clubs, Jihoon had music club, Seungcheol, Wonwoo and Joshua preferred staying in the library, Seokmin and Seungkwan had the chorus club, Mingyu had cooking club, while the rest either enjoy their time off or proceeded to go home first.

On this particular day, Minghao was still at the university after dark. He was the last one to leave the club as he got caught in the moment while he was painting. After making sure he locked the clubroom, he realized that he probably was the only one left in the university.

"I guess I am the last student remaining," Minghao sighed. He was getting used to this sight actually, especially in the last couple of days.

He made his way to the main gate and started walking home. The cold evening breeze was giving Minghao some chills. However, as he was walking along, Minghao felt like he was being watched so he turned around to check his surroundings.

"Is someone there?" Minghao asked the darkness but there was nothing in sight.

Minghao continued on his way home. Only the light of the occasional street lights illuminating his way. After some turns, Minghao noticed some footsteps behind him so he turned around again.

"Who's there?" Minghao was getting scared. But same as earlier, nothing was in sight.

Minghao walked once more but this time, on a much faster pace. As he did, it seemed that someone was really following him. He was definitely sure he heard footsteps following him and felt someone or something was behind him. Minghao stopped walking. He remembered the news about some Barbarian attacks in the past few days. At this point, Minghao broke into cold sweat. He felt his pursuer getting closer and closer. Minghao gathered all his courage to look back but there was nothing.

"Looking for me?" Minghao heard a deep growl in front of him. He turned his head forward, only to see a pair of glowing red eyes —not just the iris like bonded soulmates have — but the whole visible surface of the eyes were red.

"W-w-who are y-you?" Minghao was shaking.

"There is no need for you to know. I'll be sucking you dry anyway shortly," the pursuer answered with a smirk, showing his fangs in the process.

"A Barbarian," Minghao thought.

Minghao realized he was in deep trouble. Even though he had little knowledge about vampires, he knew Barbarians were blood-thirsty vampires and were extremely dangerous.

"What's wrong, little human? Are you scared?" the Barbarian teased. "Don't worry. You'll be my fourth one this week."

Pulling out his martial arts skills, Minghao acted first and attacked the Barbarian. Caught off-guard, Minghao was able to sweep the Barbarian down on the ground after successfully landing a punch on the Barbarians face. Seizing the opportunity, Minghao ran at full speed.

"So, do you think you can escape?" the Barbarian growled.

Using his speed, the Barbarian was able to catch Minghao and pinned him on the wall.

"Got you," the Barbarian gritted his teeth.

"HELP!" Minghao managed to shout.

"Scream all you want. No one will have the courage to help you." The Barbarian whispered. Unfortunately, the Barbarian had a point.

"Please. Let me go," Minghao pleaded as the attacker was holding his neck tightly.

"Only after all your blood is mine," the Barbarian flashed his smirk again.

The Barbarian lowered his face near Minghao's neck and sniffed Minghao's scent.

"You have a nice smell. I will be enjoying sucking you dry," the Barbarian commented as he opened his mouth and brought out his fangs.

"ANYONE! PLEASE HELP ME!" Minghao internally pleaded. He felt absolutely hopeless that he began to cry.

However, as the Barbarian was about to sink his fangs in Minghao's neck, a voice from behind stopped him from his action.

"Let him go," the voice, clearly seething with anger, said.

The Barbarian turned around to see another pair of glowing eyes with no color whatsoever, "Who might you be?"

Minghao also moved his head slightly to see who was there. Unlike the Barbarian, he saw a pair of white eyes so he was sure it was another vampire. The only thing that bothered Minghao though was that the voice seemed familiar.

"For the last time, I said let him go," the unknown rescuer commanded.

"Mind you own business, will you?" the Barbarian spat back.

"The one you're holding is MY business," the unknown figure replied.

"Well, sorry mate but I got him first," the Barbarian motioned to bite Minghao's neck.

The next thing Minghao knew, he was down on the ground. The Barbarian was peeled off of him before he could sink his fangs in and was thrown at a considerable distance.

"DO NOT TOUCH WHAT'S MINE!" the silhouette growled.

"Not if I get to him first," the Barbarian challenged.

Greatly angered, Minghao's rescuer was being surrounded with what looks like something darker than the night. It stretched its hands forward and out came jet black streams of darkness from his both of his hands. This greatly injured Minghao's attacker.

"LEAVE! BEFORE I DECIDE TO KILL YOU INSTEAD!"

With the stern warning, the heavily injured Barbarian ran away at tremendous speed. Meanwhile, Minghao was still lying weakly on the ground. The still-unknown rescuer turned around, went near Minghao and crouched down to his level.

"Prince Jun?" Minghao gasped.

"Hello there, Minghao," Jun smiled. "Happy to see me?"

"Absolutely not," Minghao retorted.

But as Minghao spoke his answer, his and Jun's left wrists glowed. A few seconds later, both of their marks have already merged – a red piano overlaying a brown infinity symbol. Realizing what just happened, Jun immediately yanked Minghao into a tight embrace.

"Nice to finally find you, my soulmate," Minghao whispered into Minghao's ears before breaking the hug. "Are you hurt anywhere?"

"My back and neck hurts," Minghao tried to act tough but quickly covered his mouth.

"You can't lie to me now, remember?" Jun chuckled as he caressed Minghao's cheek.

"But how? Why..." Minghao stuttered.

"How did I find you? I heard your scream, of course. I was just locking the piano room back at the university when I heard your voice screaming for help. We vampires have sensitive ears after all," Jun explained.

"You came to help me?" Minghao blushed.

"Yup," Jun confirmed. "Aww... you look so cute."

Minghao was startled when Jun kissed the top of his head, "Yah! What are you doing?"

"Showering my soulmate with affection?" Jun tilted his head.

"Stop it!" Minghao protested.

"But I know you love it."

"Yes," Minghao blurted out. "Ugh..."

"You're so cute."

"Just take me home, will you? My back and neck still hurts."

"My soulmate's wish is my command."

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

239 39 33
A group of teenagers with special abilities. A legacy in their blood. A blessing or a curse? Will they unite or will their past rip them apart?
956 518 70
In a world where everybody has an ability, it may seem safe but there are still things this world doesn't know. For example, there are still unknown...
276 2 94
This book will have all kinds of short stories. It will have horror, romance, drama and more. Started: 12/18/23 Published: 12/21/23 Finished: 3/23/24
50 4 11
An average teen girl get pulled into another world, she found new friends, a loyal pet and some romance but she later realized that she was there for...