The Future Firecracker

By _jxxnx

- THE FUTURE FIRECRACKER The story in which the daughter of Sir Nighteye and the aspiring number one hero are... More

CAST & A/N
1 | HIS DRINK
2 | THE LITTLE GIRL
3 | TIME & LOCATION
4 | FAINT SHOUTS
5 | THE LITTLE BOY
6 | FALLEN
7 | SIR NIGHTEYE
8 | CHILDHOOD
9 | ISOLATED
10 | LATE NIGHT
11 | TENSION
12 | AUNTIES & UNCLES
13 | BAKUGOU'S SON
14 | ADVICE
15 | MEDIA
16 | TRUTH OR LIE
17 | SWEETS & SWEARING
18 | BEST FRIENDS
19 | BAKUSQUAD
20 | DEKUSQUAD
21 | TOO HONEST
22 | CARIFICATION
23 | KATSURO'S QUIRK
24 | MORNING SOBA
25 | EXPRESSIVENESS
26 | TIME CONTROL
27 | CLEANING
28 | HER NIGHTMARE
29 | VULNERABLE
30 | OUTSIDE
31 | VILLAIN'S HIDEOUT
33 | HIS GIFT
34 | PERFORMANCE
35 | FESTIVAL, PART ONE
36 | FESTIVAL, PART TWO
37 | FESTIVAL, PART THREE
38 | DORM CHEFS
39 | INVITATION
40 | TREPIDATIOUS
41 | KATSURO'S QUIRK, PART TWO
42 | ENDEAVOUR-SAN & HAWKS
43 | CALM TO PANIC
44 | USELESS HERO
45 | RULE FOUR
46 | A TEEN BOY'S FEELINGS
47 | SASAKI & BAKUGOU
48 | TOO HONEST, PART TWO
49 | START AGAIN
50 | EPOCHARY: ORIGIN
51 | MOVIE NIGHT
52 | RIVALS & TRAINING
53 | BLINDSIDED
54 | EYESIGHT
55 | MERCY
56 | THE BAKUGOU HOUSEHOLD
57 | NIGHTEYE'S AGENCY
58 | IN SICKNESS & IN HEALTH
59 | BURN IN BLUE
60 | A PROMISE TO BE BROKEN
61 | [NAME] & KATSUKI
62 | THE POCKET WATCH
63 | FUTURE TIMELINE
64 | STANDSTILL
65 | ONE ON ONE
66 | EXPLOSION VS PAUSE
67 | HUNT FOR THE SIBLINGS
68 | KILLER
69 | SAVE TO WIN
70 | WIN TO SAVE
71 | RETURNS
72 | DAY OFF
73 | SHOTO'S CLOSURE
74 | DORM CHEFS, PART TWO
75 | INFILTRATE & INTERNSHIP
76 | MOTHER DEAREST
77| ALL FOR ONE
78 | CHANGES
79 | JEALOUSY
80 | KATSURO'S BIRTHDAY
81 | JOURNEY TO THE END & NOW
82 | NAMING THE QUIRKS
83 | BATHS & BOLSTERING
84 | LEGACY OF SIR NIGHTEYE
85 | FIRST DATE, PART ONE
86 | FIRST DATE, PART TWO
87 | BEFORE THE STORM
88 | SCREAM
89 | KATSURO'S JOURNAL
90 | ALONE AGAIN
91 | THE TRUTH HURTS
92 | VIGILANTES
93 | DEATH TO THE TRAITORS
94 | LONG NIGHT
95 | FOR THE GREATER GOOD
96 | CLOCK TOWER
97 | END OF THE WORST
98 | A PRECIOUS FAREWELL
99 | THE FUTURE FIRECRACKER
PILOT | THE PERFECT PRODIGY
SPECIAL | WHAT IF?

32 | THE PLANS

8.3K 454 601
By _jxxnx

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
'the plans'

"What the actual fuck?" You said, shoving the note into your pocket. "This seems more than just a threat for my house. What do really want?"

"Join us," Mr Compress said from behind you.

You paused for a moment, stunned with disbelief. "I'm not someone who enjoys bringing harm to others, so excuse you, Mr Marble."

Why must I do this to myself... You slapped your hand over your mouth again, but you weren't sorry.

"Don't give us that look. You'd be able to expose the facade hero society is showing the world..." Shigaraki told you. "Be a good example for your son."

"No." You stood up from your chair, tucking the folder between your arms as you shook your head firmly. "I will not listen to you, you must be stupid if you think I will. You all are desperate and it shows."

Dabi opened his closed eyes, leaned forwards and lit the candles on the coffee table with a single blue flame from his finger. "Really?" He asked, smirking.

"You're quirk causes movements to stop within a distance around you, correct?" Shigaraki asked, but didn't want a reply. "Then if you exceed it, it triggers a worldwide impact that causes time to move forward and people to moved locations, correct?"

Stalker... He's not wrong though.

"Your quirk can be used during a battle, speeding up the process when we are sure to win and result in us not getting injured towards the end. We need you for our plans too."

You shook your head and chuckled lightly. "Take the house, do whatever. But I'm taking these tests whether you like it or not. I don't make agreements with people like you."

Shigaraki scratched his neck and sighed. "It's your choice. We don't make promises, but I assure you this whole thing isn't done."

You shrugged him off, walked in front of Toga and held out your hand. She grinned widely at you, showing all her harmful intentions through it.

"My phone, Toga."

"Hmm... sure." She giggled and handed you the device, bringing her hands to her face to hide it while she giggle more.

"You're crazy."

She moved closer to you, whispering to your ear. "You are too... you came with us without telling everyone. What would everyone think of you when they found out you are— I don't know... a traitor to heroes? You're like someone else we know!"

You pushed her back, eyes wavering slightly. "This was the only time I came to you, I'm norm traitor.
It wasn't like I had a choice. You had something I needed."

Your back hit Dabi's chest as you moved away from Toga. When did he get there?

You didn't have time to turn around. He put his hand on your upper arm, heating quickly it with his quirk.

"You're already thinking like one, doll. You might as well become one, here's a reminder."

You ran outside your house, racing past the front gardens and through the front gates. Tears were about to fall down your face the further you got away.

The arm which Dabi placed his hand on burned, it stung and left a large mark. It was going to scar.

You used your quirk to get away from them after Dabi said that to you. You couldn't bear being in the same room as them, especially Shigaraki.

The act you were putting on couldn't keep it up and you felt like you were just going to break after another second. The burn made you feel worse.

You stopped, caught your breath and wiped your face. "Grow up [name]," you told yourself. "The only thing scary is his how dry his face is... calm down..."

What type of dark humour is this...

Checking your pockets, you sighed in relief that they didn't sneakily take the tests back when you were distracted. But you grunted as you left the very thing you left the school for.

"For fucks sake!" You shouted frustratingly. You felt like your stress and anxiety was about to catch up to you to make you cry.

"What's gotten your panties in a twist, dumbass?"

You quickly turned around, facing Bakugou. He was wearing his jacket and was leant on the fence of some half-built building.

"Are you going to explain why you're..." he took the hand that held your phone, checking the time over your shoulder, "at least two hours late to what time you'd say you'd be back?"

He red eyes travelled up and down your appearance, noticing the tears pooling in your [e/c] ones. Bakugou put his hand on the back of your head, pushing you towards his chest.

"What's the fuck is going on, Sasaki?"

You silently let tears fall to his chest, clutching his black shirt in your hands. "I— I'm so sorry..."

Bakugou pulled away, looking at you and raising his brow. "For what?"

"The league of villains..." you quietly said, avoiding his lingering gaze. "I met up with them."

"You fucking dumbass," he moved the hair that covered your face. "Calm down with your breathing, you're going to hyperventilate if you carry on and I'm not planning on hauling your ass back to UA."

You expected his reaction to be angrier, more disappointed and more disgusted. But it was the opposite. He looked concerned and upset, almost as if he'd rather be in your place to go through being with them instead of it being you. You smiled to get the thought out of his head, he noticed your arm.

"Did that staple face do that?" He pointed to it.

You nodded. He sighed and took off his coat, wrapping it around your shoulders quickly. You grew confused and your cheeks started to redden.

"Tch. Don't think much of this, you look messed up right now and the last thing we both need is the news saying 'Sasaki [name] is looking like she got into a brawl in the city'."

"Okay."

Bakugou pointed his head to the direction he wanted you to start walking in. You did so and he walked beside you. He put his hands into the pockets of his jeans and let out a low sigh.

"Was this about Katsuro?"

"Yeah. Here..." You handed him the folder. He scanned through the first page and closed it after. "How did you know?"

"Tch. You expect me to believe that you just disappeared to go frolic with the league? You're too nice for those shit heads."

You laughed a little. "A compliment?"

"Don't get used to it. I'm just trying to get my point across. Shitty dumbass," he replied, pink dusted his cheeks. "Katsuro said that you'd be at your house. I didn't think he'd be right, but here you are."

Your face turned solemn again. Katsuro.

Half of his quirk was missing, the quirk he inherited from you. You reached into the pocket of your jacket and pulled out the box, handing it to Bakugou.

"I went because of the tests they took on him. Overhaul mentioned the league when I went to Tartarus with Aizawa-sensei and Mirio-senpai. They actually had it and it's this."

He shook the box and you instantly grabbed on his arm to stop him. Bakugou looked at you weirdly.

"It's fragile, you idiot!"

"Oh." He saw you roll your eyes and continue walking.

The blond stopped to open the box, staring at the contents before it clicked in his head. Was this what he thought it was? He had never heard of this process from the pros themselves but heard it off of your classmates' theories, mainly from Midoriya.

"Oi. Is this Firecracker's quirk?" He asked flatly.

You stopped and turned to face him with a sad smile. "Yeah. It's part of his time travelling quirk."

He walked up to you, reached for the pocket of your jacket and putting the box back inside it. Bakugou's breath fanned your face as he was back being close to you.

"You blame yourself, don't you?" He rhetorically asked, tilting your chin up with his fingers. "I know that look of self-blame, I've seen it. Don't."

"But if I got there sooner and didn't wait—"

"Then you would be dead the moment you knocked on their organisation's doors. Shut the fuck up."

You moved your head away from his hands. "You're so rude..."

"Hah?! I'm trying to be civil!"

"Being stood this close to me seems more than being civil to me!"

"Shut up! Fucking Stopwatch!"

"Excuse me, boom boom boy!"

Bakugou rolled his eyes and put his hand over your mouth to stop you from blurting any other insults out. It worked.

[incoming call: Melted Sho-nowman]

You opened your phone. "It's Shoto..." you said, muffled.

Bakugou scoffed and moved his hand away from your mouth. "Go on speaker."

You slid your thumb the on the screen, answering the call and putting it on speaker. "Hey Shoto."

"Katsuro-kun wanted to talk to you. He said it was urgent," Shoto said through the phone. You heard him pass it to the boy and then heard him run away with it. "Please don't drop it."

"Hello, little man? What's wrong—"

"Momma! Is dad with you now?!" The boy loudly whispered.

Bakugou held onto your wrist lightly, pulling the phone between the both of you. "I'm right here, firecracker. What's up?"

"You and Momma have to call Mister Eraser Head right now and tell him what is going on!"

You turned to Bakugou, narrowing your brows, "you told him?!"

"What? No!"

"Momma! I know because you told me in the future. Please call him! You need to, tell him about um... a deal? I think it was a deal... and about your house!"

"I— I don't think I can do that..."

Katsuro whined through the phone, thumping coming through the speakers. He was jumping up and down in frustration.

"It will work, momma! Please tell him... Dad! Tell Momma!"

Bakugou looked at you blankly. You let out a huff. "Okay, okay... I'll tell Eraser Head, bub. We'll be back soon."

"Horray! Part one of Katsuro's master plan, complete. I love you, momma and dad!"

"We love you too," Bakugou answered for the both of you.

The call ended and he took your phone. You tried to object and he just held it above you, making you try and reach for it.

"Don't object. We follow his 'master plan'. That's why he's here and not with us in the future."

You pouted and sat on a bench as Bakugou started to dial your homeroom teacher. "We don't even know his 'master plan'."

"Trust the process, dumbass. He's from the future, and future me probably taught him the skills."

Aizawa picked up his phone. "You both will be cleaning after Monday's classes instead of training because of this. Where are the both of you?"

"Me and Sasaki are in the city. Teach, she has something to tell you."

He passed your phone back to you. "H-hey Aizawa-sensei. Um— look... I should've told you when I left from the beginning, but—"

"I won't tell higher-ups unless it's a big problem. Take your time in telling me," Aizawa replied.

You breathed nervously, Bakugou's staring wasn't helping, but he sat down with you and put his clenched fist on your hand that was flat on the bench, it was somewhat comforting.

"I got a message yesterday... from Dabi."

"And you didn't tell me?"

"Hey! You said she can take her time!" Bakugou yelled. You facepalmed.

You could hear Aizawa's eye roll even though it wasn't possible. "Yell at me again Bakugou. I'll make you clean all of the dorms until winter break."

"S-sorry."

"You should be," you said, bonking his head. You put the phone closed to your ear, between him and yourself. "I made a deal with them—"

"I swear to—"

"I got half of Katsuro's time quirk back and got letters that Overhaul sent to Shigaraki about him with a doctor's review from back when he was at Shie Hassaikai!" You blurted out.

Aizawa hummed from the other end of the phone. "What did they get from their end of the deal?"

Ah. So how exactly do you tell a pro hero, your homeroom teacher no less, that you let the infamous, most dangerous group of villains into your home so that they had a base?

"My house..."

Just like that. Nailed it.

"Seriously?" Bakugou asked. "As in the house your father left you?"

"It wasn't my proudest moment, Kacchan."

"Watch yourself..."

"Stop acting like an old married couple. Though you may be that in the future, you aren't like that yet. So calm down."

You and Bakugou both sighed annoyed. You both hated being called an 'old married couple'. This was how you and him talk to get the simplest of things across.

"Sasaki, I have to pass this onto someone else to handle. I'll try and keep it low. Well done for not dying or doing anything else reckless."

"Thank you, sensei..."

"Now get yourselves back to the dorms. Start cleaning so you don't have to later."

The call then ended. You put your phone into your pocket and stood up. "We need to go to the store."

"I thought you already did."

"I'm starting to think I should call you idiot more often." You smirked. Bakugou being here really calmed your nerves and you didn't know how to thank him for it. You had a weird feeling in your stomach, maybe you were just hungry.
"I want snacks."

Bakugou put his hand on your shoulder and pushed you to start walking. "Shut up! Let's get going. I want a drink, running here was fucking tiring and you need medicine for that burn."

You and Bakugou got kicked out of the first store the both of you went to.

It was because you had a loud argument on which brand the cleaning product was in the dorms and then you clashed against which snacks everyone would want for tonight's run-through of the performance.

In the end, you managed to get everything and decided for takeaway instead of separate snacks.

When you entered through the doors of your dorm, Katsuro ran to you and Bakugou, hugging yours and his legs.

"You're safe!" Katsuro giggled. "Oo... Auntie Mina! Look!"

"EVERYONE! THEY'RE BACK WITH FOOD!"

╔══════ • ══════╗

a/n

it's my bby katsuro's birthday!
january 31st 🥳

here is a chapter that didn't
end on a cliffhanger, yw :3

╚══════ • ══════╝

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.1K 1.6K 27
The slums of Paradis, also known as 'The Underground' has been the home of many, including {y/n} who made quite a name for herself during her years t...
576K 35.2K 99
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
159K 5.1K 58
Y/N & Takeoff story since there arent that many take off stories on here. Y/N just wants her one night stand with Kirshnik to disappear but after so...
56.8K 1.1K 28
Former middle school volleyball ace, L/n Y/n gets roped into becoming the manager of the Aoba Johsai boys' volleyball team, where a stupid, brown-hai...