Rogues Wolf End~(McKayla Seri...

By DominaAlexandra

Mckayla had ended one threat only to have another walk into her packs territory. All Mckayla wants is to fig... More

Chapter 1~ New Path
Chapter 2~ Uninvited Were
Chapter 3~Hard Choices
Chapter 4~Test
Chapter 5 Kayla vs. Mckayla
Chapter 6~Mentally Fucked
Chapter 7~Internal Struggle
Chapter 8~Clawed Fingers
Chapter 9~Biting Back
Chapter 10~Vulnerable
Chapter 11~Numb Without...
Chapter 13~Difficult Choices
Chapter 14~What Doesn't Kill You...
Chapter 15~Callous
Chapter 16~Take No More
Chapter 17~Innocence
Chapter 18~Resisting
Chapter 19~Challenges
Chapter 20~Unimaginable
Chapter 21~Guilt
Chapter 22~Bite Back
Chapter 23~Uncontrolled Changes
Chapter 24~Headstrong
Chapter 25~Distress
Chapter 26~The Unexpected
Epilogue~A Midnight Hunt

Chapter 12~Shifting Moods

3.1K 176 10
By DominaAlexandra

Nina
~

  "Why is she here again?" I was trying to be understanding and open to not snarling at Rogue every few minutes but her continuous smirk pissed me off. Mckayla got away with a lot of choices with me but this was one I had no intention in ignoring.
   Walking outside my room to smell Rogue inside our packs territory was aggravating and plain simple--stupid. What was Mckayla thinking?

   Mckayla sighed, running her hands through her short dark hair, she'd cut an hour ago. Shorter hair made her cheekbones stand out more defined. With longer hair, Mckayla could pass for an innocent, sweet wolf; that fact, she wasn't trying to present to anyone. Mckayla pulled her hair out of her rubber band as she revamped her ponytail and I noticed her shirt slightly pulling up, exposing her bare toned abdomen. I thought of the last time we made love and my mouth watered with reborn desire.

   After Mckayla finally told me she loved me, we'd left the room, heading through the side door, making love all through the night.

   I turned my eyes to Rogue, catching her eyes on the same spot I was just looking at and snarled.

   Rogue rolled her eyes taking a seat on the couch, I'm sure unruffled nor worried about me coming over and snatching her off. That reminded me of Cormic. The moment he stepped into our territory, he made himself comfortable way too fast.

   Mckayla's friends and ex's were just rolling in one by one. It wasn't that I didn't like any of Mckayla's friends. I loved Jace and Cormic grew on me, surprisingly fast. Even Marie; now that she was backing off, I started to like her. It was just, every time I saw another one of Mckayla's friends, it reminded me of the years I lost with her. My fault, of course so I did my best to keep my insecurities to myself.

   "Rogue...play nice," Cormic stated brotherly.

   Rogue rolled her eyes again as my frown increased. "I haven't done anything."

   Mckayla had moved a distance from us, staring out through the window every couple of minutes as if waiting for danger to arrive.

   "My father won't come now." Rogue looked to me and then to Mckayla. "I've had years of knowing how he works."

   I walked over to Mckayla, brushing my hand over her back. Her anxiety was making my wolf squirm and I'm sure our pack felt the same way. "What are you thinking about?"

   Mckayla's expression was hard, creased in tight lines around her eyes. The muscles in her neck seemed to strain as she held one hand over the curtain to look through.

   We barely fixed the window and I hoped the next time trouble came, it made a better announcement to move the fight away from the house. Mckayla spoke softly. "Everyone here has a right to know."

   Mckayla didn't look at anyone but somehow we all knew she was talking to.

   Rogue shuddered a breath as she straighten slightly. Simultaneously Jace, Marie, and Bran walked into the living room as if they could feel this conversation coming.

   "Let's all step outside." I saw the look in our packs eyes and I didn't want to worry them until I knew everything and a plan.

   Rachel, Sara, and Cullen followed out as well, as we all huddled a few dozen feet from the house.

   Rogue kept her own distance and I knew she felt uncomfortable. She was an outsider and still an enemy until proven otherwise.

   "What's going on? What should we know?" Bran asked, not giving a moment of rest.

   Rogue didn't speak and agitation was the next thing on my list to express.

   "Rogue...I and your brother know you. They don't. Its wise to be honest if you want them to look at you as a friend and not our enemy." Mckayla eyes wavered at Rogue, pleading her to answer.

   Rogue pursed her lips before nodding.

   "What was my mate injected with?" I shot out that question before anyone else could speak, but by the look in everyone's eyes and the nodding, they wanted to know just as much as me.

   "I rather not--"

   "Sis...enough with the secrecy and shit our father has forced in your mind. Answer the fucking question." Cormic didn't have time for the long drowned out version of her story and neither did I.

   "Its not about me being in our father's control. Its--you can't bring up certain things. Your trying to open a door no one wants open."

   "Its too late for that." Mckayla crossed her arms over her chest, leaning against a tree. "Rogue," I could hear empathy in her voice as she said Rogue's name with a sigh. "Your father has already opened that door. They need to be prepared for the future."

   Rogue lips curled, exposing teeth, lowly snarling as her eyes glued to Mckayla a few seconds longer and then to everyone else. "My father wants to build a new race."

   "That's been made clear of," Jerome stated wolfishly.

   Mckayla snapped her head to him.

   "Jerome...not now," I ordered. I hated playing the Prima role sometimes.

   "Several years ago my brother brought you to us. He stated that you were a lone wolf who needed guidance." I didn't understand her point to this but I stayed quiet as I knew she was referring to Mckayla. "My father knew who you were the moment you came into our home."

  Rogue looked off to the distant the grayish-blue sky as a light breeze swept through her dark long hair. I could see why Mckayla had fallen for her. I was brave enough to at least admit to myself she was exotically beautiful. Rogue's curvy eyes caught me staring and smiled lightly. That caught me off guard and I blushed feeling embarrassed for staring too long.

   She continued. "My father thought you were the answers to his prayers. That you would lead his wolves when he could no longer. Only half my bloodline is strong...but you have a full source of power in you."

   "We get it...that's why you loved her. But you telling us this is doing nothing for us," Bran blurted out. After being half dead for a few days Bran's personality harden a notch. Maybe two notches.

   "My point is...you were special. Your blood is special. During the whole year you was with us, he drew blood out of you."

   "Yes...he said it was something to do with my blood healing other Weres faster and it being built as a defense for our kind." Mckayla straightened up as her eyes narrowed on Rogue. "If one of our kind was to get her, one injection could heal them quicker. My father taught me that, so I believed that's what he intended to do."

   "At first...yes. But he found a way to doctor it to a better use," Rogue answered.

   "So...our father used Mckayla's blood against...her?" Confusion was stretched along his face as he squinted his eyes at her.

   I was at a lost too. "That doesn't make sense."

   "No." Rogue fell silent and then looked straight into my eyes. He used a small portion of Mckayla's blood and merged it with another kind."

   "What the fuck does that mean?" Marie now asked.

   Though Jace and Marie weren't in our pack, they had much right to knowing the truth for their sake as well.

   Mckayla staid quiet allowing Rogue to do the answering.

   "Kayla's blood is mixed with another kind," Rogue said vaguely.

   "What. Other. Kind?" Jace eyes widen as if waiting for confirmation of a fear he hadn't faced in years.

   "The kind where they have...fangs," Rogue answered grimly.

   "Fangs?" Rachel repeated perplexed. She looked to her sister and then me before turning to her mate.

   Sara snarled toward Rogue before taking Rachel's hand. The way she looked, she needed her mates touch to keep her composed. "You've been sitting on this fucking information for how fucking long?"

   She directed her question to Mckayla, who moved off the tree with an attitude of her own. "I've been taught since birth--we both have. More so than all of us...that you do not speak of certain things unless it is an necessity. I didn't know that he was using vampire blood until yesterday."

   "But you knew they existed?" I asked suspiciously.

   "Yes," Mckayla said without hesitation.

   "This doesn't make any sense. Vampires don't exist," Rachel argued weakly.

   "And according to mundane humans neither do we," Cormic pointed out.

   "This is fucking insane," Cullen spit out. He paced around snarling as his energy seemed to roll onto others.

   "Cullen...we don't need a wolf's cry or rage right now," I stated.

   "And we don't need vampires roaming around but obviously they are," Cullen retorted.

   I was about to speak but a swoosh of wind staggered my words. I looked over to Cullen who was collapsed on his knees as Mckayla's clawed fingers pinched around his chin and jaw structure. "Let's not forget your place." Mckayla was chastising him for his back talk toward me and as much as I hated seeing any of my wolves disciplined, it needed to be done. "You respect our Prima and my mate." Mckayla's face moved leisurely toward his. "Understood?"

   Mckayla gaze fixed on his eyes as he quickly averted. "Yes Alpha," Cullen said breathlessly. "Sorry Prima."

   Rogue had her eyes arched high and I could tell she had admiration for Mckayla.

   "All is forgiven." I didn't want to focus on his mistake a second longer.

   Mckayla let go of his face offering a hand to help him up and then took a position beside me as if to give me comfort. I wasn't ignorant and she knew it. Mckayla needed my comfort as much as I needed hers.

   "Okay...so we have vampires out there. That's been made clear." Bran sighed wishing away the idea of there being vampires. At least that's what I assumed because that's what I was doing. "What's are next step?"

   "Obviously not to go bother them,"Rachel said dryly.

   "Good idea," Jace stated. "I've never faced one but my father did. Vampires like to stay hidden but it is clear that's not the case anymore."

   "No...they want to stay hidden. Its my father who's forcing them out of hiding," Rogue said. "He searched for so long until he found a lair. Let's just say, he broke information out of them, further kidnapped them, and then started draining them."

   "You know. Your father is really pissing me off," Marie spoke clearly.

   "Get in line," Cormic said dryly.

   I didn't know what to say or how to fix this but Mckayla did what I knew she would do. "Only focus we need is putting an end to his plans." Mckayla began stripping off her clothing as we all stared dumbfounded.

   "What are you doing?" I didn't want neither of Marie's or Rogue's eyes on Mckayla.

   "I need to hunt."

   "Why?" Rachel asked.

   The look in Mckayla's eyes told me why.

   Mckayla turned to me as telling me first she was ready to open up. "We all know that I'm different. I need to learn to control and maintain my abilities. I need to use one of them now that will help us."

   "How many abilities do you have?" Cormic asked curiously.

   "More than I had when I last saw you six years ago."

   "So...you are special like dad said?" Rachel's eyes were of elation that he sister was finally opening up to all of them, but I noticed a hint of sadness.

   Mckayla shook her head. "Just as much as you are."

   Rachel blushed at the compliment her sister fed her.

   Mckayla was naked standing beside me, and I tried to position myself over Mckayla, snarling at bother Marie and Rogue's wondering eyes. "Shift now, Mckayla," I demanded. "If you can't even handle someone staring at me with a tank top on then you shouldn't be standing around naked."

   Mckayla snickered until she saw my eyes. "I will hunt...bring my game back here and then do what I need."

   Everyone nodded excited to see for themselves what her abilities Intel.

   "Make sure the whole packs out here, including my daughter." Mckayla paused and then turned back to Rachel. "Remind me that I owe you an conversation after." Rachel nodded and Mckayla turned her attention to me and without warning kissed me over my lips before shifting.

  ~~~

Mckayla
~

   I never expected myself to be so honest before. I caught my game with quick precision, dragging my lifeless game toward pack home. I knew everyone was anxious to see exactly what abilities I contained.

   I made it several feet in front of my anxious pack, dropping my game on the soil beneath me.

   I looked Nina in the eyes first before acknowledging everyone else. My wolf felt warm and safe in her own skin. No mixed emotions of sadness and fear crossed through my wolf.

   Nina nodded and I knew through her gesture she was telling me to trust everyone. What I was about to do was just a small portion of what I was capable of yet not something I ever did while openly exposed.

   Everyone waited quietly for me and I shut my eyes and mind to zone into what I was going to do. It only took me a few minutes to finish my game, devouring it in full gulps. I felt sated and I knew that was enough for me to achieve what I was getting ready to do. The pack stayed a good distance, looking at me like an audience. Gold lasted in my eyes for a few long moments before glimmering a new shade of color.

   Sapphire emanated through my eyes. I could hear the deep sighs from everyone but no longer could see any of them. My vision and mind was no longer in the same state as everyone. I could hear a pack of mundane wolves, sleeping peaceful as I moved inside of one. I could feel my skin trickle as I jumped into the skin of the wolf. I woke myself up inside the wolf, lifting onto my four legs. By the mundane strength of this wolf, I knew this wolf was the Alpha of this pack. I shook my thick grey fur as I looked through its eyes at the location of where it was.

  The pack was far east of my territory, over fifteen miles from pack home in a dark space full cave. As I had the wolf pace, my mind slipped partly out of its flesh as I entered the mind of another wolf. One by one I woke each wolf up sending a clear message to what I wanted from them.

   Once finished, I could feel a tug against my flesh. Not of the wolves I was entering in and out of but my actual body. I snarled, feeling my muscles tense and I knew I was weakening. Before I was about to pull out I noticed something through the sight of one of the wolves I was inside. There was a glint of sapphire eyes about fifty feet ahead of the wolves home. I alerted the wolves I was controlling as they all shot their heads up to the unwanted guest near their home. In a flash, those same sapphire eyes jumped from one location to another, twenty feet closer to the pack.

   Though I could feel my own flesh draining with pain emerging, my curiosity to what those two pair of eyes belonged to had me jump fully back in the Alpha of the wolves pack. I growled through this grey wolf's chest as I exposed canines. I wanted the wolves pack to follow in line to what I was doing and they did.

   I saw those same pair of sapphire eyes, sniffing to catch the aroma of what it was but this wolf was only mundane and I couldn't sense the sapphire eyes perpetrators scent for some reason. It was as if it didn't carry a scent that a mundane wolf could sense. I stepped forward in a threatening manner before I saw the pair eyes jump to a far distance to where it originally was. Whatever was near this pack had probably been here the entire time without the packs knowledge.

   I didn't want to make a rash decision and decided on sticking to my original plans. I snarled a last time, signaling soon after for the pack to leave. Once the last wolf left the cave I pivoted a few times backwards not giving my back. At a safe distance I turned running off.

   I had been gone too long out my body and when I finally felt a connection to it again I could feel a burning and ripping agonizing pain throughout my body. When I jumped into my own skin, instantaneously I whined from the agony.

   I was already in human skin, but I could still see the laminated shade of sapphire in my eyes. I'd never been in human form and able to jump skin at the same time. I had cavernous lacerations throughout my burning flesh. I could hear the pack gibbering over me. Nina was so close I could almost taste her flesh and the salt of her tears that fell from her eyes. I had definitely been out of my skin for too long. I respire heavily, as I tried keeping my eyes open long enough to gaze at Nina. I dug my fingernails and knees into the soil as I tried to sit up.

   "Mckayla...please tell me your alright."

   I took a few more breaths before I answered. "I'm fine."

   "What happened? We didn't see anything happen," Rachel announced stepping closer. My skin and all my senses were acutely sensitive and winced at her tone of voice.

   "This is why...I just don't like the idea of you doing this," Nina said randomly trying to help me up. Her words surely wasn't helping.

   That snapped my head up, ignoring the pain.

   "Excuse me? Kayla's gift...is the one thing that will help all of you now and in the future." Rogue didn't take kindly with the idea of Nina not accepting my abilities.

   Rogue was right but it was none of her business and no longer her place to do what she was trying to do towards my mate. "Rogue...quiet."

   "Are you serious? She basically--"

   "Rogue you need to silence yourself. She is my mate." My body was exhausted and weak and yelling was taking energy out of me.

   Rogue was about to speak again when Cormic stopped her for me. "Rogue...go walk it off."

   "Cormic...you know--"

   "I know that your not helping and it's no longer your place. That is Kayla's mate."

   Rogue frowned, turning immediately toward Nina and me. I stood quickly, pain shooting to my legs, worried Rogue might go to a point where she wouldn't be allowed near my pack again unless caught between my packs canines.

  Rogue snarled turning, walking off.

   Nina stood, staying quiet as I shifted my eyes to her with an unreasonable expression. I would not confront her around the pack. She was my mate and I owed her that much respect.

   "So...are you a sadist who likes to put yourself through pain...or was there a reason for all that?" Cormic said with a faint smile.

   "My daughters standing right by you," I pointed to Kaylee who was standing quietly beside him. "Watch what you say."

   "She doesn't know what the word sadist means. With a father--"

   "Cormic..."

   Cormic quieted. "My bad, Kaylee."

   "Its okay. My dad was a sadist."

   I arched an brow at my daughter. I didn't like the idea of her knowing such evil words at the young age she was. Moments like this made me wonder how much of a kid was she allowed to be with General.

   "You alright mom?" Kaylee asked softly. She was now swindling me with her arms wrapped around me. "It's okay. I'm not scared when your here."

   When I'm here. That stated the obvious, that there were times I wasn't here for her. Instead of showing sadness, I smiled weakly placing a peck over her forehead. I wasn't still too good with expressing myself, especially through words. I had my moments, but now, I couldn't speak.

   "Not to interrupt your tender moment...but what happened?" Bran asked cautiously. I could sense the tone that he was trying to keep shielded.

   I answered without confronting him on his new changed attitude. He needed support that didn't mean chastising him but holding. He needed this pack; me. "Their coming." Everyone stared at me incredulous. "I jumped in the skin of a entire wolves pack."

   Nina opened her mouth and then closed it. I knew a heated conversation between me and her was going to happen the moment we were alone.

   "Will I have abilities like you when I'm older?" Kaylee asked.

   I arched both brows as I heard an audible grunt from Nina. I pursed my lips nodding. "You come from a full strong Alpha bloodline from both sides of your bloodline like me. I'm highly sure you will, and I will be there every step of the way to help you through it so you won't struggle like I have been."

   "Why are you sending them to us?" Rachel asked.

   "Because they will be coming with a report." I answered.

   "A report," Sara repeated dubious. "Wolves?...not werewolves."

   I nodded. "I can jump skin and command them to do things for me. Right now, their spying on Sal and his pack of rogues right now. One's coming to show me what it's seen so far."

   Sara was about to continue but the sound of shuffling steps erupted everyone's alertness. A few seconds rolled by when a few wolves came out from a distance moving fast, stopping short of me and my daughter.

   "Damn...that's a new ability you must have developed during the years you weren't with me." Cormic looked highly fascinated and I lightly chuckled, kneeling to the wolves.

   I placed my hand over the wolves head, closing my eyes as I let the images of the wolves recent memories play in my mind. After a long minute I stood, nodding for the few wolves to run back off.

   I took in deep breaths trying to process what I heard and saw through the wolves memories.

   "What you see?" Jace asked.

   "Nothing good. But I know a way to win this."

   Everyone straighten with the hope I just brought them.

   "Everyone...go; eat. It's going to be a long day and I need you all alert."

   "That kinda sucks to leave us hanging like that..."

   "Cormic. Do you want to continue to stay here free?" I threatened. I wasn't serious and he knew it, but he brought his hand up to his chest, as of hurt.

   "I'm hungry anyway," he said instead of continuing.

   I nodded. "Right." I shook my head.

   "Are you and Nina about to leave and go argue?" Kaylee asked.

   I sighed. "Kaylee, both of us will be back." I really hated her worrying over everything. Again, it was my fault. She was too involved in all this drama and adult business. How was my father so good at keeping me out of his affairs in my youth? I never knew any hardships he went through while I was child. Yes, it was important to slowly she them the way of the world, but there should always be a process and not something you should rush on any child.

   "Alright."

   Kaylee walked off toward the house not defying me. I shook my head looking at Rachel.

   "I know. I'll watch her. She is my beautiful niece."

   "We'll talk once we get back," I told Rachel.

   She nodded and that was my cue to turn toward Nina with an I'm-ready-to-go expression. Nina nodded as we headed back to the one other house that we would be sharing together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.6K 2.1K 22
In the fourth series of Mckayla's story, she is back to her rogue self. No care for humanity. No interest in feeling anything. Too much pain occurs w...
807K 22.1K 17
Emery Smith was rejected then raped by her mated. She ran away only to find out that she was pregnant with twins. A couple years later while going fo...
18.3K 2.2K 70
Jace needs a Luna. Emma needs a way out of her cell. He makes her an offer she can't refuse: freedom for a union defying the natural order. But the p...
1.3M 36.6K 45
The ground shook. The battle began. Blood spilled. The Alpha died. The luna escaped with her new born child. 17 years later. Meet Athena a 17-year ol...