Avatar; The legacy Of Genji

By Plsnoonefindmelols

After saving millions of lives in a Ba Sing Se terrorist explosion, avatar Korra tragically passed away in ba... More

Chapter 1: The Isolated Stretches
Chapter 1.2 : The Avatar Returns
Chapter 1.3 The False
Chapter 2 The Past Avatars
Tale Of Sisters
Republic City
Identity Crisis
Fire Bending Masters
Jian Mao
Dinner and Dreams
Kai
Questions and Answers
The Day Before It all Went Wrong
Master Katara
Confrontation
The Missing Avatar
Genji, Meet The Legacy
The End Goal
The Team arrives
Team Avatar
A Family Reunion! ( of secrets)
Bumis Story
San's Story
Fire Nation bound

Two Avatars

1.3K 28 16
By Plsnoonefindmelols

"Hello, nice to meet you."

Genji just stood there frozen. He was face to face with the avatar. Well not really, Genji was the avatar, this was the fake avatar. Someone working closely with the White Lotus, a corrupt government trying to silence Genji, for no reason.

Luckily he was saved by three people entering.
Karia walked in with a bag of groceries, while her nephew ( that was most likely older than her) San seemed to have just arrived. Behind him followed Karia's cousin, the fully grown adult known as Jai. He froze when he saw Xiomara and Jian.

"What's this?" He demanded, which have Genji a chance to find Karia.

Karia stared at the scene in shock and reached for Genji's hand.

"Dad! Don't embarrass me!" Xiomara whined.

"What is he doing here!" Karia whispered into Genji's ear.

"I don't know!" Genji whisper shouted back.

"Who are you young man?" Jai demanded.

Xiomara just blushed even more.

"I'm so sorry-"

"It's fine Xo, my name is Jian Mao."

Genji was tempted to roll his eyes. How come he got to call her Xo.

Jai scratched his wispy beard for a minute.

"Now where do I know that name."

"Dad he's the avatar!" Xiomara whispered shouted.

At the exact moment Jian chose to flash Genji a smug grin. Genji hated this prick.

"The avatar?" Jai said with a confused look. He looked Jian up and down until he broke out into a grin.

"Wait I know you, you're Lao's son!"

Jian cringed.

"Yes my father is Lao the retired pro bender."

Jai slapped his back.

"His matches were amazing, say would you like to stay for dinner?"

Genji and Karia tried to plead with their eyes to Jai for him not to invite Jian over.

"Actually dad, me and Jian have a date." Xiomara said grabbing his arm.

Jian pulled back with an almost fiery look. He quickly softened it when he saw everyone staring.

"Actually I would love to stay for dinner, me and Xo can go out some other time."

Jai snorted.

"I don't know about going out, but you are a welcome guest today Mr Avatar."

Genji sputtered and Xiomara shot him an angry glance.

"Can I speak to Genji in private please?" She asked with false sweetness.

"Not sure how your boyfriends gonna like that." San muttered and Xiomara gave him a death stare.

"Excuse us." She said pulling him into her room.

She slammed the door.

"Okay you leave tomorrow. I know you're not the avatar, I'm dating the real one. I'll give you tonight only because I don't want things to get ruined, then you leave. I'm not sure what scams you're pulling but you picked the wrong family."

Before Genji could even respond she opened the door and walked out.

"Xo, San help me with dinner!"

"Coming Dad!" She yelled giving Genji one last threatening glance.

The two walked into the kitchen where Jian was already waiting for him leaning by the door way. Genji wasn't sure what compelled him to, but he shoved right past him.

"Karia, we're going now."

Karia looked at him surprised to hear his tone, but nodded.

"I'll come." Volunteer Jian.

"No." Genji said stepping next to him. Much to his satisfaction his lanky height actually made him just a tad more threatening.

"Jian stay with me!" Xiomara shouted.

"I'll go!" San yelled taking off his apron.

"No you don't, you're helping cook." Jai yelled.

"Actually Jian is going to help, he and Xo are going to spend time together!"

Xiomara beamed at her dad and at Jian.

Before he could protest San ran out the apartment and Genji and Karia followed. The three ran out until the were outside

"Thank the spirits you two got me out of there, I wasn't going to spend time with my sister and her fake boyfriend."

"He's an ass." Genji remarked and to his surprise San laughed.

He spent the whole day with the guy, but they had just had the longest conversation.

San was about to take off before Genji called out.

"Wait, San there's something we need to tell you."

Genji looked at Karia for a reassurance and she looked skeptical.

"Look Kar, Xiomara doesn't believe me and it's best that she doesn't. I know Jian is using her, and I know he found us, but the less he knows about me the better."

Karia nodded.

"We've got to tell San then."

"Tell me what? And what do you mean Jian is using her?"

Genji took a deep breath.

"Look I'm the avatar."

San wrinkled his nose.

"I don't get the joke here, are you making fun of Mr Statue over there."

Genji sighed before rubbing his hands and concentrating on what he had learned at school that day. As soon as he did flames shot out of his hands. Small, but a flame. Karia widened her eyes.

"You did it Genj, you can bend two elements!"
She was tempted to give him a hug but saw he was clearly busy.

San looked unimpressed.

"What am I missing here?"

Genji took one stomp and around him the ground split. This time San flinched. He pointed an accusing finger at Karia.

"You can earth bend? You said you were a non bender."

"It's not me." She said and pointed at Genji who was making the ground rise and fall.

"I'm not the best with solid earth, but give me sand and I can do some really cool things."

San closed his eyes and backed away.

"So who the hell is the loser with my sister? There aren't two avatars are there?"

"There's just the one." Karia said proudly.

"And we don't know." Karia admitted.

"But I think I know why he's here." And then Genji explained every event from the past month.

San punched his eyebrows.

"So you can barely bend earth and fire, and you have an elite government group chasing you, who clearly found you, and now our family is in danger."

Genji shifted uncomfortably. He didn't realize his existence put people at danger.

"Will you help us?" Karia asked nervously. She ans Genji were starting to think turning to San may have been a bad idea.

San gave an uneasy nod.

"I'll help you because I don't know the lunatic who's with my sister, but he's got to go."

Karia let out a sigh of relief.

"You can keep going to the academy but I'm also gonna train you myself to master fire bending."

"Thankyou" Genji said awkwardly.

San looked up at the sky.

"C'mon it's time to eat dinner with the fake avatar."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.9K 1.2K 30
Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked, completely er...
409 13 13
The legend of Jiansu and Akira continues as they fight to take down the tyrannical Earth Empire. With the disappearance of General Nasim, Emperor Gan...
824 30 9
In this alternate universe there are four Avatars instead of just one, where the later three help to support the first Avatar. Aang's running away an...
184K 5.5K 20
It has been for-told that Aang was not an only child. But that a young girl, a twin, was born with him. In the womb of their mother, the powerful sp...