TOGETHER⇉F.ODAIR✔️

Od cupidlies

❝ ALONE WE ARE STRONG, TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER, ❞ in which talia riverthorn, a citizen of district 4, ... Více

summary
part one
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
part two
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
part three
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven.
forty eight.
forty nine
fifty one
part four
fifty two
fifty three
fifty four
fifty five
fifty six
fifty seven
fifty eight
fifty nine
sixty
sixty one
sixty two
sixty three
epilogue

fifty

7.8K 214 103
Od cupidlies

FIFTY

BITING POINT

Two weeks. Thats how long it took them to figure out their plan to attack the Nut once Katniss and her team arrived. Talia had been sleeping off a period of morning sickness in the tent when Katniss awoke her and told her Gale and Lyme's idea. Talia shrugged and said it sounded good to her.

A few hours later, once night settled in, they started their journey to the town centre. They would bomb the mountain enough to cause avalanches on the weaker sides, hoping to scare out the survivors, while limiting the amount of deaths and injuries. The rebels on foot honed in on the town centre, blocking off all routes that the survivors may take in an attempt to escape capture.

Once in place, Commander Lyme radioed in and the bomb squad moved in. Hovercrafts carried in the bombs and released them onto the Nut. The blast could be heard for miles. Katniss gulped down the lump in her throat as Lyme signalled to move. As the rebel forces flooded the town centre, Peacekeepers and a few civilians picked up weapons and fired round after round towards the rebels. But the rebels were stronger, had more people. A lot of rebels lost their lives, but all the Peacekeepers did.

They held their position outside the Nut, weapons aimed and ready to attack anyone that decided not to surrender. The wait was anxious, but after an hour, the rebels consider it a win. Katniss's filming crew gather her by the Justice Building and begin broadcasting across Panem. Talia can't hear the words Katniss is speaking, her eyes still focused on the train tracks that come out of the Nut. Just as Talia is about to turn her attention, she hears it, the rumble of trains.

"INCOMING!" She yells. Everyone races for cover, unholstering weapons immediately. Two trains rush from the Nut, survivors firing weapons. The rebels fire back. Talia aims her gun and shoots the leg of a survivor- she couldn't tell if they were armed or not.

Katniss, who was being protected by Gale, rushes from her position and out into what would be no mans land. The shooting stops from either side automatically.

The Mockingjay walks slowly towards someone lying on the floor, someone covered in burns, someone who was dying. She kneels down before the man and Talia stands immediately, pistol still ready to fire. Before anyone can do anything, the dying man has the barrel of his gun pushed against the side of Katniss's head.

"Go on," Katniss urges, "I'm tired. I'm so tired. Tired of being a piece in the Capitol's games,"

The man's eyebrows furrow at the statement, his grip on the gun eases, and he slowly moves it away. Katniss gulps. And Haymitch Abernathy steps up to stand beside Talia.

Katniss glances their way and Haymitch nods, encouraging her to speak- to speak out to them all, to speak out to Panem.

"The rebels behind me are not the enemy," Katniss begins, she starts by looking down at the man before her, before standing and looking at every last survivor, and then she turns to the cameras, "The real enemy is those of the Capitol. The people you have been serving, obeying, slaving for all your lives- they are the enemy. The people who starve us, gag us and send our children into a game of death. Those are the enemy. President Snow is the enemy. Join us, join the rebellion, and we will end it all,"

Talia senses it. The shift. The people's hands loosen on their weapons. Their feet begin to shuffle. And then, before anyone can stop it, a gun fires. Katniss falls on her back instantly. Talia lifts her gun and fire the killing bullet to the man who shot Katniss. Then it breaks loose, the rebels and the survivors guns are firing again. Talia rushes forwards, covering Katniss's body with her own as she places pressure on the wound. She looks round, panicked as she begins to pull the limp body of the Mockingjay towards cover. Before she can get there, she is met with a gun pointed to the back of her head. She looses a breath. Her pistol was still in her hands. She weighed the odds. Before she can do anything, a gun fires. The man behind her drops to the floor and she turns quickly to see Lyme across the battlefield, aiming the gun still. Then Lyme's head explodes with blood and brain and Talia lets out a shriek. The next thing she feels is something hitting the back of her head, and her eyes cloud with darkness.

Katniss wakes up in a hospital bed. She splutters a gasp as she sits forwards, pain riddled her whole body. She glances around and see's Johanna Mason sitting on the edge of the next hospital bed, a drip plugged into her arm.

"Oh, hello Katniss," She says, smirking. Her head was shaved, scars still etched into her skull. She had not really recovered since they had retrieved her from the Capitol's grasp.

Katniss glances at the morphine drip and frowns.

"Oh, are you wanting this back?" Johanna asks, gesturing to the drip, "I've gotten used to the feeling, its the only reason I'm here,"

"Lovely, thanks Johanna," Katniss breathes, pain was all she could feel, "Do you know what happened?"

"You got shot...Talia dragged you to safety before some guy tried to kill her too...I think she's okay," Johanna shrugs, "But anyway, you had your spleen removed and you're bruised really badly and everyone in the Districts and Capitol think you're dead-"

"Okay, okay," Katniss huffs, shaking her head.

"You're insufferable," Johanna mutters, grinning devilishly.

Talia had been fine, she'd woken up two days after she was knocked unconscious at the Nut. Gale and Boggs had carried both the Mockingjay and the Pearl out of the battle. Sadly, Commander Lyme had been lost, and that was the first thing Talia saw behind her eyes when she regained consciousness. She awoke in the infirmary. Finnick was sitting on a chair, watching her eagerly. He wanted to yell at her for breaking her promise, for leaving in the middle of the night with not even a note, for putting herself and their baby at risk. But he didn't. He simply leaned over and placed a soft kiss on her forehead, wiping her hair out of her face.

"I'm glad you're awake," He says quietly. Talia sits up, there was a throbbing in her head, but she knew it would die down in a few days time.

"Is the...Is the baby okay?" She asks softly. He nods his head. She smiles. Looking down at her stomach. It was finally starting to become a little obvious. She wouldn't say she was showing, but she looked a little more rounded than usual. Finnick takes her hand.

"Is Katniss okay?" Talia asks.

"She had surgery, they removed her spleen, and she's got pretty horrid bruising on her ribs, but she's okay, she's still unconscious," Finnick explains, "I have something for you,"

She sits up a little more and Finnick reaches into his pocket and presents a box. She takes it from his hand and opens the clasp, it flips open and she blinks in surprise. Her lips part as a way of trying to force her to breathe, when she finally inhales, its sharp.

Inside the box is a ring. A silver band, with two small diamonds sitting either side of a magnificent oval gem thats the exact colour of Finnick's eyes. She looks up at him and he smiles that boyish grin.

"For my pearl," He says. She can't hold the tears that spill down her cheeks as she takes the beautiful ring from the box and slides it onto her left ring finger. Finnick takes her hand and places a soft kiss on the back of it. "I see you,"

She pulls him into a warm embrace, fingers knotting in his auburn hair. She whispers into his ear, "And I see you,"

___________

If i was to write another finnick fic (which i am) would you prefer to see a character from District 2 or District 8????

Either neither, which District would you like to see a character from??? (Any & all suggestions welcome!!!)

Thank you for reading guys

~cupidlies❤️

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

7.4K 228 8
you got a hold on me, i never met someone so different. ❪ FINNICK ODAIR ❫ ░ oc: nerissa hong ░ pre-thg / mockingjay ░ i...
37.8K 784 11
"your hands are scarred with murder and yet I trust them completely" [catching fire-mockingjay] di...
461K 11.7K 22
"We are simply ash." ••• It had been five years since Autumn's Hunger Games. She now lived with visions and voices that haunted her every night, watc...
23.1K 231 16
When the younger sister of 'Golden Boy' Finnick Odair is reaped into the 73rd games and comes back barely in one piece. How will the two survive the...