Pulchritude

By svnshine23

Pulchritude is a thrilling Vampire Diaries fanfiction that introduces Maddy, a powerful 895-year-old banshee... More

Pulchritude
~Chapter One ~
~Chapter Two~
~Chapter Three~
~Chapter Four~
~Chapter Five~
~Chapter Six~
~Chapter Seven~
~Chapter Eight~
~Chapter Nine~
~Chapter Ten~
~Chapter Eleven~
~Chapter Twelve~
~Chapter Thirteen~
~Chapter Fourteen~
~Chapter Fifteen~
~Chapter Sixteen~
~Chapter Seventeen~
~Chapter Eighteen~
~Chapter Nineteen~
~Chapter Twenty~
~Chapter Twenty One~
~Chapter Twenty Two~
~Chapter Twenty Four~
~Chapter Twenty Five~
~Chapter Twenty Six~
~Chapter Twenty Seven~
~Chapter Twenty Eight~
~Chapter Twenty Nine~
~Chapter Thirty~
~Chapter Thirty One~
~Chapter Thirty Two~
~Chapter Thirty Three~
~Chapter Thirty Four~
~Chapter Thirty Five~
~Chapter Thirty Six~
Apology
~Chapter Thirty Seven~
~Chapter Thirty Eight~
~Chapter Thirty Nine~
~Chapter Forty~
On hold
~Chapter Forty One~
~Chapter Forty Two~
~Chapter Forty Three~
~Chapter Forty Four~
~Chapter Forty Five~
~Chapter Forty Six~
~Chapter Forty Seven~
~Chapter Forty Eight ~
~Chapter Forty Nine~
~Chapter Fifty~
~Chapter Fifty One~
~Chapter Fifty Two~
~Chapter Fifty Three~
~Chapter Fifty Four~
~Chapter Fifty Five~
~Chapter Fifty Six~
~Chapter Fifty Seven~
~Chapter Fifty Eight ~
Moodboards
~Chapter Fifty Nine~
~Chapter Sixty~
~Chapter Sixty One~
~Chapter Sixty Two~
~Chapter Sixty Three ~
~Chapter Sixty Four~
~Chapter Sixty Five~
~Chapter Sixty Six~
~Chapter Sixty Seven~
~Chapter Sixty Eight~
~Chapter Sixty Nine~
~Chapter Seventy~
~Chapter Seventy One~
~Chapter Seventy Two~
~Chapter Seventy Three~
~Chapter Seventy Four~
~Chapter Seventy Five~
~Chapter Seventy Six~
~Chapter Seventy-Seven~
~Chapter Seventy-Eight~
~Chapter Seventy-Nine~

~Chapter Twenty Three~

9.8K 338 94
By svnshine23

She laid in bed, sweat dripping down her forehead. The Salvatore house was full of the people who had grown to like her. The people she had protected even though she had no reason.

They all knew that her time was coming very soon. The atmosphere seemed to reek of sadness. In the few weeks that Madison had been in Mystic falls, she had made an impact on everyone's life. Even if she didn't mean to.

For Bonnie Bennett, the witch who sat in the Salvatore living room still flipping through grimoires trying to find a way to save the strawberry blonde, Maddy had shown her that she could trust some vampires. Not all of them were bad. But it was for sure that she would never meet a vampire as unforgettable as Madison again.

For Caroline Forbes, the blonde vampire who sat beside Bonnie crying her eyes out with the thought that this was all her fault still running through her head, she learned that she could be strong and kind at the same time. Madison had displayed kindness multiple times while also showing that she wasn't going to let anyone take advantage of it. She helped Caroline realize that she was way more than just a pretty face.

Stefan Salvatore, who was sat outside the room that held a dying Maddy, with his head in his hands, had learned love was love no matter how hard it got. She had encouraged him to keep pushing through with his relationship between him and Elena. She kept telling him not to let the love of his life go so easily. If they wanted to be together, then they should.

As for Damon Salvatore, who stood in the parlor downing drink after drink with tears in his eyes. Maddy had taught him, love. He knew he would never love someone as much as he did Madison, not even if he was in love with Elena. He wasn't lying when he said no one could ever replace her. She showed him how it felt to really be loved by someone, even if he didn't deserve it at times.

And then there was Elena Gilbert, the human doppelgänger who was sat beside the dying vampire while crying. Madison had taught her that friendship can come from the most unexpected places. When she first met Maddy, she didn't think they would be friends. In fact, she thought that she could be a potential problem. But instead, she turned out to be one of the greatest friends you could ask for.

"I don't understand why you wouldn't tell anyone." Elena sighs, wiping away a tear.

"Because I wanted everyone to focus on the Klaus situation. I didn't need any of you checking on me all the time when there were more important matters at hand." She explains.

Elena shakes her head, standing from the bed. "Why do you do that?"

"Do what?"

"You're always telling everyone to put themselves first, but then when it comes to you, you're always putting yourself last," Elena explains staring down at Madison with her arms crossed.

"When I was first turned into a vampire, I put myself first for years. All it got me was loneliness. Then I started putting other people's safety above mine, and that's when I found my purpose in life. I found friends and allies. I wanted to help protect those who couldn't protect themselves. Especially from the supernatural."

"Yeah, and look where that got you. Your dying now." Elena sniffles.

"Believe it or not, Elena, it got me a lot of good things. I had Katherine and Genevieve. I had Damon and Stefan. Now I have a house full of friends that are taking time out of their day to comfort me while I slowly die. I'm happy with what my life has been like." Maddy says with a small smile.

"You never told me how you turned," Elena says.

"You never asked." She shrugs.

"How'd you turn?" The human asks.

"Vampire attack." Maddy sighs. "My mom knew about the supernatural. She kept vials of vampire blood hidden in the house and used them whenever we were sick. The night a couple of vampires attacked, I had a cold. My mother fed me vampire blood so it wouldn't get worse. My whole family died that night. Sadly, I was the only one who came back to life."

"How'd you survive for so long without your family?"

"I survived for my family. They lived through me. As long as I was alive, they would never be forgotten." She smiles.

"Aren't you scared of dying?"

"No." Maddy shakes her head. "I've lived for a long time, death doesn't scare me anymore. It makes me sad that I have to leave the people I care about, but I know you guys will be fine."

Elena gives her a small smile, reaching over and wiping the sweat off Maddy's forehead. Her skin was burning up but she was cold as ice. Her legs were still numb and the veins from her arm had traveled across most of her body. She could feel her end coming near.

"You're a good person Maddy. You didn't deserve this." Elena sighs while shaking her head.

"Bad things happen to good people." She smiles with a shrug. "Now go downstairs and tell Bonnie to stop reading that damn grimoire, she's not gonna find anything."

Elena nods her head, setting the wet cloth on the bedside before walking out. Maddy waits until the door closes to let out a painful groan. She was in serious pain but didn't want anyone to know. There was nothing they could do to stop it anyway, so why bother letting them know? Closing her eyes, she falls into a peaceful slumber.

~~~~~~~~~~

She stood outside of a familiar wooden cottage. The grass was green and the sky was blue, the sun beating down on her skin. She wore a long white dress, her hair tied into a long french braid. She could tell it was 1864, shortly after the Salvatore brothers were turned.

Sitting on the porch of the cottage was fourteen-year-old Genevieve. She was dressed in a navy blue nightgown, the one she was wearing the night she died. She looked towards Madison a smile appearing on her face as she turned and ran into the cottage.

Maddy smiles, pulling the ends of her dress up as she chases the young girl inside. As she enters the small home her smile drops. Lying on the floor was the lifeless body of Genevieve in a small pool of her own blood. Her eyes were open as if she were staring into the distance.

"See what you let them do to me, mom?" Genevieve's voice rang through Maddy's ears.

The fourteen-year-old stood in front of the woman who raised her, blood on her nightgown and dripping from her neck. A look of hatred was spread on her face clear as day.

"I didn't let them." Maddy shakes her head staring at the body on the floor.

"Yes, you did. I'm dead because of you."

"No," she denies taking a step back only for Genevieve to take another step forward. "It's not my fault, I didn't know it was gonna happen."

"You did this. You left me. You let me die!" The girl shouts.

Maddy drops to the floor covering her ears as those four words repeatedly ring throughout the house. Things start shaking, the lights burst making glass shatter everywhere.

"It's your fault! It's all your fault!"

"I'm sorry! Please stop!" Maddy begs, tears running down her face.

Everything stops shaking and Genevieve is nowhere in sight, leaving Madison alone in the dark. Slowly standing up, she looks around the room letting her eyes adjust to the darkness that surrounded her. Finally, her eyes land on Genevieve who now stood in front of her.

"Now it's your turn to die," Genevieve whispers before Maddy's body is suddenly engulfed by flames.

~~~~~~~~~~

Madison lets out a loud painful scream, the feeling of her body being set on fire becoming real. Everyone runs to the room, Stefan being the first one to arrive.

"Maddy! Maddy, wake up!" He shouts shaking the sleeping vampire awake.

Her body quickly shoots up, her eyes flying open. Tears were streaming down her face, her body drenched in sweat.

"It was just a dream. You're ok." Stefan comforts.

Everyone watched as Maddy clung to Stefan as if her life depended on it. She looked vulnerable and scared, like a little girl. Stefan held her close to him running his hand through her hair to try silencing her cries.

"She's burning up." He sighs, glancing between the people who stood in the room.

"Her neck." Bonnie points.

The grey veins were making their way up her neck. Damon rushes over, taking Stefan's spot. He wraps his arms around Maddy, his chin resting on her head.

"I'm sorry for everything Mads." He whispers.

"I know. I forgive you." She replies.

"You can stop fighting it." He sighs, laying her head down on the pillow.

"It hurts so bad." She cries, squeezing Damon's hand.

"I know baby. Just let go, ok." He states, a tear rolling down his cheek.

Everyone in the room was on the verge of tears. Stefan held a crying Elena in his arms and Bonnie and Caroline hugging each other with their heads hung low.

"I love you, Damon Salvatore. Don't forget that." She sighs, closing her eyes as she took her last breath.

"I love you too." He sniffles.

The grey veins covered her face signaling that she was officially gone. That was the end of Madison Sinclair.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

328 21 10
This story starts Season 2 of tvd. Season two- Payton Johnson has been abducted by a British man she's never seen before. She's taken to a small town...
11.6K 146 14
Sequel to Saving the World. IMPORTANT NOTE: READ THE FIRST BOOK BEFORE READING THIS. The dynamic duo Maddie and Five are back. To stop the apocalyps...
108K 2K 17
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is the original version. Read Starry Darkness (TVD 1,2,3,4) and Smitten Storm (TO, 1,2,3) for the rewritten version of Danielle'...