The Blind Meister (Soul Eater...

By GrimstoneRX1300

At the Death Weapon Mister Academy, students are trained by the Grim Reaper himself to hunt the Keishen that... More

Basic Info
Prologue: THE SPECIAL TWO - THE ACADEMY GETS NEW STUDENTS?
Chapter 1: FIRST DAY - COLE GETS IN A FIGHT?
Chapter 2 BLACK-BLOODED TERROR - THERE'S A WEAPON INSIDE CRONA?
Chapter 3: TSUBAKI THE CAMELLIA BLOSSOM - WHAT REAL HURT FEELS LIKE?
Chapter 4: THE MAN WITH THE MAGIC EYE - SOUL AND MAKA'S DIVERGING WAVELENGTH?
Chapter 5: THE SUPER WRITTEN EXAM - DUAL RIVALS FOR THE MEISTERS?
Chapter 7: HISTORY IN THE SOUL - A DIFFERENT WAY TO SEE?
Chapter 8: EVE PARTY NIGHTMARE - AND SO THE CURTAIN RAISES?
Chapter 9: THE UNDERGROUND BATTLE BEGINS - THE ONE WHO TOOK MY SIGHT?
Chapter 10: ASURA'S RETURN - THERE'S A POWER IN THY SOUL?
Chapter 11: BATTLE OF THE GODS - DEATH CITY ON THE VERGE OF COLLAPSE?
Chapter 12: THE GATHERING OF THE DEATH SCYTHES - THE REASON COLE LOST HIS SIGHT?
Chapter 13: 800 YEARS OF BLOODLUST - ADVENT OF THE HERETIC WITCH?
Chapter 14: THE SWORD GOD RISES - JASON GAINS POWER?
Chapter 15: THE RED HOT RUNAWAY - A MAGIC TOOL LEFT BEHIND BY THE GREAT WIZARD?
Chapter 16: LEGEND OF THE HOLY SWORD - A BLIND DATE AT LAST?
Chapter 17: THE BATTLE FOR BREW - CLASH BETWEEN ENEMIES?
Chapter 18: BREW'S TEMPEST - A FIGHT AND ESCAPE IN TEN MINUTES?
Chapter 19: INTERNAL INVESTIGATION - A GOD BECOMES DEMON?
Chapter 20: CAPTAIN'S RETURN - THE FACTORY MADE TO LOOK LIKE A CLOWN?
Chapter 21: SECRET'S OUT - KIM'S A WITCH?
Chapter 22: CAPTURE OF BABA YAGA CASTLE - TEAMING UP WITH THE WOLF MAN?
Chapter 23: DEATH OF ARACHNE - A NEW ENEMY OF THE DWMA?
Chapter 24: ADVANCED SKILLS - A PLAN TO RESCUE THE BOYS?
Chapter 25: THE SEVEN DEADLY CHAPTERS - EXPERIENCE SINS TO SAVE FRIENDS?
Chapter 26: COLE VS TSUBAKI - EMBRACING CHAOS TO BREAK MADNESS?
Chapter 27: BEACH DAY - A BIT LATE FOR THE EVENT?
Chapter 28: WAR ON THE MOON Part 1 - THE TRUTH ABOUT MORIA?
Chapter 29: WAR ON THE MOON Part 2 - A SECOND NEPHILIM IS BORN?
Chapter 30: WAR ON THE MOON Part 3 - THE FINAL SHOWDOWN? (Finale)
Epilogue: A NEW ORDER

Chapter 6: THE SOUL EATING DRAGON - THE HELL INSIDE MY HEAD?

758 11 2
By GrimstoneRX1300

The scene begins with Ann, Cole, Kid, Liz, and Patty in a rowing boat. Normally, Kid and his partners would go solo in these missions, but this one was a peculiar one. As such, the Dual Meisters were assigned on this. Plus, it would be their first mission with Kid and the girls. Currently in their positions, Cole and the girls were rowing the boat and Kid was standing on the port of the ship, wearing his Grim Reaper coat and mask.

Patty: (singing row your boat)

Kid: come on. Can't you row any faster?

Cole: if you want faster, get your ass over here and help.

Kid: you know, for a blind man, you have more sass then one should.

Cole: thank you.

Liz: (irritated) will you explain to me what we're doing in a rowboat in the first place?! Why not a motor boat or a nice, big cruise ship? You know—something with an engine maybe?!

Kid: (removes mask) quit complaining. Anyway, we've almost reached our destination now.

Liz: (notices a village on the cliffside) that's where we're going? That's a nice-enough looking village, I guess. Seems pretty peaceful.

Kid: I'm not so sure about that.

Liz: why? The place looks okay to me.

Ann: at this angle, yes. But, if the reports are true, there's more to this.

Kid: Ann's right. Look over there.

The reach pass the point of the terrain, and see a huge chunk of land missing. However, what made it more strange, was the whole area was in a massive bite mark, like something ate it.

Liz: what the heck happened?

Kid: a few days ago, the people who lived here were swallowed up by something.

Ann: based off of the size of that imprint, I'd say it was something big and strong enough to eat through all that earth.

Liz: along with their homes. (Scared expression) please don't tell me we're here to find out what was responsible.

Cole: (sarcastic) no, we're rowing until our arms bleed for no reason.

Liz: (unamused) your sass isn't helping.

Kid: let's go. We need to gather information.

After docking the boat, they went to what remained of the village, and found a lone survivor in a house. The man was terrified, and was backed up in a corner of the room. The group was at the doorway.

Kid: can you tell us what happened here?

Man: it was the mist.

Kid: mist? What do you mean? What kind of mist?

Man: (scared) no...no...!

Kid: calm down. Don't worry, you're alright now. We're here to help you. We've come from the DWMA to put a stop to whatever did this.

Man: the academy?

Kid: yes. So please, in as much detail as you can, tell me what happened here.

Man: black... black dragon... the black dragon came. (Terrified) the black dragon came and ate our village!

He screams, and as Kid went inside to get more info, Ann and Cole decided to see if the man was right.

Ann: okay Cole, tell me what you see.

Cole: (uses his sense) well, he wasn't wrong. Something came and ate the village. But, there's more to it. It didn't occur until the mist rolled in. When it did, it wasn't an animal, but something that almost looks like ship came out from sea, and had split open to consume the village. I can't determine it given that the part of land is missing, and seeing water isn't my strong point, but there's no doubt that we'll find out answer out at sea.

Ann: sounds like a plan. Let's tell Kid and the girls what you learned.

They gave the info to the others, and Kid begins to think of something. First, they head over to the library where Kid and Ann were looking into something, and Patty was playing with word-picture books. Cole wasn't paying much attention as his thoughts carried him back to the fight he and Ann had with Moria and Jason.

Cole's Thoughts: those two were strong, no doubt about that. Still, no way I'm letting that guy beat me again. I'll make sure of that... Oh great, now I'm beginning to think like Blackstar.

Liz: hey Cole!

Cole: huh?

Liz: you okay?

Cole: sorry, lost in thought. What is it?

Liz: we're heading out. Kid says we need to get started on something.

*A FEW MOMENTS LATER*

Once again, they were on the boat in the exact same positions.

Kid: you can row harder than that, can't you?

Ann: here's an idea; get rid of that ridiculous coat and help us.

Liz: (irritated) why are we back in this stupid rowboat? Whatever we're going to do, it better be real important, or else!

Kid: of course it is. Would I make you work this hard for nothing?

Liz: well knowing you, yes. So, what is this black dragon thing we're after?

Kid: (removes mask) as Cole said, the attack most likely came from a ship of some kind. To add more to that theory, this part of the Baltic Sea is a key maritime area. There has been a lot of boat traffic out here. Sailors have been crossing these waters since the Vikings first set sail.

Liz: kay, but what does that have to do with some scary dragon?

Kid: not every boat makes it to shore. So, in an area where there are many ships crossing.

Ann: (catching on) there's also plenty that are sinking.

Liz: (nervous and uncomfortable) Kid, I don't think I like where this is heading.

Cole: even if a ship sinks, it doesn't mean it stays under.

After saying that, they find themselves in a blanket of fog.

Liz: what is this?

Patty: a cloud!

Kid: it's mist.

Liz: what kind of mist?

Kid: we're getting close. Stay sharp.

Cole: wait.

Raising his hand, he smacks the water. When doing so, his field of vision briefly shows that they weren't alone.

Cole: there's a large number of souls not too far from us.

Liz: so what does that mean?

Ann: we found our dragon.

From their left, something comes to view. Looking closer, they see it's a pirate ship with the front of the ship's foundation open like a mouth, an eye on the side, and the sails torn up.

Liz: (panicked) what is that thing!?

Kid: see that writing?

Patty: Ni... duh... hogg?

Cole: close. It's pronounced Nidhogg. It's the name of a black dragon from Norse Mythology. My uncle Reinhardt told me stories about it. Some say it lies at the bottom of Yggdrasil, the tree of life, and chews on its roots to destroy the nine realms. Others say it lives in Helheim, the realm of the dead, and consumes the souls of the winked.

Kid: that certainly would explain why it's consuming souls. According to the legend, it's also the name of a ghost ship that haunts these waters. Many people have believed the legend to be true. And now I can see why they would. (Points to the ship) right! Ladies, Cole, let's go! We're heading up there!

Liz: (panicked) no, no way, not a chance. It's a ghost ship! Which means there're gonna be ghosts on it!

Patty: row!

Patty begins to row the boat, but she somehow gains enough speed to have it go up and everyone holding on for dear life. Kid tried to tell her to stop, but she doesn't listen, and he crashed face first right in the side of the ship.

Ann: what the hell just happened?!

Cole: you okay, Kid?

Kid: (with face in the wall) you idiot. I told you to wait, didn't I?

Patty: (giggles) whoopsie, sorry.

Kid: (runs over to her irritated with a nosebleed) if you want to damage to the ship, you have to ram them in the middle!

Patty: uh-oh.

Liz: (dizzy) you're mad because she didn't hit the middle?

Cole: I'd be more mad at getting my face slammed into the ship.

Ann: and with a broken nose.

Kid: (points to the side) now, do it again!

Patty: (salutes) oh-kay!

Liz, Ann, Cole: HUH?!

Patty: row!

With those instructions, Patty begins rowing again, this time putting the boat in a bit of a zigzag around the water. It's then maneuvered to the back, and again, stops when Kid hits the boat face first.

Kid: okay, let's board.

Ann: yes, let's.

Liz: (still dizzy) you guys are absolutely crazy. Worse than crazy, you're insane crazy jerks. Insane, crazy jerks with a death wish. (Realizes something) oh noooo! I was so busy focusing on their insanity that I came on board. I'm gonna die! (Cries)

Ann: (looks around the ship) there's no crew, but something's controlling this ship. Kid, Cole, either of you got something?

Kid: from what I'm sensing, the souls are inside the ship somewhere. In we go.

Patty: yay!

Liz: I've got a better idea; how 'bout we don't? There are ghosts hanging around in there, remember? What if they eat us?

Cole: (stops them) one moment.

His sense shows him more of the ship. He finds the strongest point in where the souls may be. The path takes them to the holding deck where they find all the souls.

Kid: all these human souls. Whatever someone has planned, it isn't good.

Cole: something's not right about this. No one's guarding them, so why leave them all here?

Patty: can we take all these souls cause they don't belong to anyone?

Kid: idiot! Do you want to become a Kishin? (Walks forward) as a protector of souls, I can't allow this. (Holds hand up) I have to safe guard them.

Before any spells could be casted, a large pirate gun appeared under his chin. Looking down, he sees it was a pirate captain. The gun fires, but Kid's reaction time was goo enough that it missed him, but hit a chunk of his coat.

Kid: Liz, Patty!

Liz: uh-huh.

Patty: kay!

Captain: (chuckles) Nidhogg!

With a scream, it felt like the ship was shaking. The floor boards from under Cole and Liz open, and the two fall down the ship with Liz screaming.

Kid: Liz, wait!

Ann: Cole!

Patty: (laughs while hitting the floor) they fell! They fell!

Kid: they're your friends! How could you be laughing like that!?

Captain: (laughs) this ship is my body, and my body is this ship. All I have to do is digest the two.

Ann: what's your game, creep? You have all these souls, so why not take them?

Captain: the meddlesome Lord Death is making things more difficult for me than ever before. That's why I'm going to present these souls to the Kishin. I'll certainly be rewarded for that.

Kid: Kishin? You mean the sword Ragnarok?

Captain: (laughs) that rookie doesn't have anything to do with this. No, no, I'm talking about the one who's right next to you. That's who I gathered these souls for.

Ann's Thoughts: what? Wait, Jason said the same thing.

*FLASHBACK*

Jason: he's holding the biggest threat right under your nose.

*FLASHBACK ENDS*

Ann's Thoughts: then that means Cole was right. I need to speak to Death about this.

The spirit begins babbling about what he plans to do, and fires more of his gun. Kid dodges until his coat's destroyed.

Patty: hey, Kid, I'm gonna transform now.

Kid: no. (Sweating and panicked expression) I can't.

Ann: you gotta be shitting me. (Sighs and summons Harvester)

Captain: what's this? You're one of the Dual Meisters? Well, I guess we should—

He's interrupted by getting sliced in the head. He jumps back, and begins firing. She blocks the bullets, and gets in a fighting stance.

Ann: Patty, let's show him what we got!

Patty: okie-dokie! (Transforms and goes to Ann's left hand)

Kid: no! Your symmetry is ruined! I can't handle this!!!

Ann: (deadpan) you're acting like a four year old who got his toys taken away from him.

*COLE*

Meanwhile, Cole and Liz were at the lower levels of the ship where Liz was holding on Cole's shoulders while they were walking. Cole kept his calm expression while Liz was trying her hardest not to have a breakdown right there.

Liz: Kid won't be able to use Patty without me. It would be asymmetrical. He'd get a nosebleed and pass out.

Cole: well, if he was holding the gun with both hands, then he technically wouldn't be. Besides, Ann's no doubt taking care of this. Either way, we better get back on deck.

Liz: okay. I'm not the least bit frightened! No way is this ghost ship scary to me! I'm one of the Thompson sisters, the legendary devils of Brooklyn nobody wants to run into in a dark alley! Nothing frightens me! Nothing!

Cole: your death grip on my shoulders say otherwise.

Liz: (cries in panic) what am I doing on this ship?! How did this even happen to me!? (Remembers meeting Kid) just our luck we had to mug a Grim Reaper! Life isn't fair!

Cole then stops and turns to face her.

Cole: calm down, Liz! It's alright to be afraid, but you can't let fear rule your life. We'll get out of here and back to the others.

Liz: how can you be so calm? Do you even know if this is the right way?

???: yes it is. This way.

Liz: oh. Hey, thanks. That's very nice of you. (Immediately turns around in realization) who said that?!

???: ...

Liz: (sighs in relief) I'm just hearing things is all.

Cole: I heard it, too. Also, there's someone behind us.

Liz then gets a scared expression, and begins panicking. All the sudden, a ghost of a little girl was in front of her. There was a moment of silence, then she backs up behind Cole.

Cole: hello, young one. Who are you?

Girl: I'm the spirit of a girl who was eaten by this ship. Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you.

Cole: it's alright. We're here to free you from this ship, along with everyone else.

Liz: (scared) Cole, don't be dumb. I know how ghosts work. She was eaten, and now she's angry and restless and wants revenge. So she's gonna eat us!

Girl: I don't have any reason to eat you. I only want to help you. If you'll just follow me, I can take you back to your friends, okay?

Cole: that's very kind of you. Alright, lead the way.

Liz: Cole, what are you doing!? She's gonna kill us and gobble up my hot body! (Realizes something) oh no! I was so busy fearing for my life, I'm letting you carrying me!

True to her claim, Cole had hoisted her over his shoulder and following the girl down the hallway. As he walks, he notices more spirits were appearing.

Cole: why hasn't the captain claimed these souls? Do you know where he's taking you?

Girl: he said something about us being an offering to the Kishin.

Cole: Ragnarok?

Girl: no. He said the one next to Lord Death.

Cole: next to Lord Death? That's means the other Dual Meisters were right. Hope Ann's not having too big of a headache.

*ANN*

Back with the others, Ann was running with Kid over her shoulder and Patty, still in gun form, in her right hand. They were running from the ghost firing his gun at them.

Ann: damnit, Kid! I could use some help here!

Kid: no, you don't understand. I need symmetry! I partnered up with these two for this exact reason!

Ann: Patty, is it always like this for you and Liz?

Patty: yeah, Kid hates it when one of us gets separated. Hey, do you think Liz's scared cause of the ghosts?

Ann: as long as Cole's with her, she'll be okay.

Kid: why couldn't he be here!? His swords are perfectly symmetrical, which means he's balanced.

Ann: Jesus Christ, this is ridiculous.

They're then stopped by the floor in front of them getting shot. Setting Kid down, Ann switches to scythe and Patty changes back.

Captain: what's the matter, boy? Shouldn't a grim reaper have more power than this?

Ann: (glares) he should, but he's being nit-picky about it.

Kid: you haven't seen what I can do yet!

Captain: then why not show me something? Are you frightened, reaper boy? I worship the Kishin, your sworn enemy. And I steal the souls of innocent people. This is the perfect chance to pass judgment on what you call evil.

Kid: I do not deny evil, nor do I believe that any human is completely free of malice. Everything must be in balance. As long as evil and hood maintain an equilibrium in this world, there is no problem. Perfect balance is the key to everything.

Captain: who cares about the ideals of some stupid kid? Don't think for one second that all humans feel the same way you do!

Kid: I don't care if they do or not! I'm going to keep fighting until this world is the way it should be. Until the world is balanced.

Ann: well, at least you're working to achieve that.

Captain: really? (Points gun at them) even if that means taking away freedom?

Kid: you disgust me! I am a grim reaper. I refuse to grant anyone the freedom to kill.

*COLE*

Despite having to carry Liz at the same time, Cole manages to climb to the top of a ladder, and they're back on deck.

Cole: (sets Liz down) see, was that so hard?

Liz: (looks around) we're back on deck, all right. But, I don't see anyone else.

Cole: they must still be below deck. If we wait here, they'll show up.

After saying that, a hole from the deck exploded, and Ann, Kid, and Patty jump in the air before landing.

Patty: oh, hi sis.

Ann: there you two are.

Kid: (agitated) hey there, Liz. Nice of you to show up. You idiot! Because of you, I couldn't use Patty and Ann was asymmetrical by using her, you know that!

Liz: (deadpan) its not my fault that you're crazy.

Patty: (holds her arms out and smiles) you're back!!

Liz: (smiles and goes to hug her) Patty!! I missed you so much!

Cole: hold on, we got company.

The spirit appeared again, and Cole and Ann decided to go on the sidelines and let Kid deal with this. The sisters transform into his dual guns, and he reverse grips them, ready to fight. However, before any fight could happen, a sword comes flying out of nowhere, and slices the pirate's head right from his jaw. Looking closer, they see it was the demon sword, Ragnarok. And, approaching it was Crona.

Kid: what was that?

Cole: (to Ann) that doesn't look good.

Ann: it isn't. It's them.

With a swing, Crona slices the pirate back, and lazily brings the sword over their head and has their back bended over before planting the sword in the boat.

Cole: I can't tell if they're drunk, tired, depressed, or all at once.

Ann: keep your guard up.

Crona: Ragnarok. (Said sword reveals mouth) Scream Resonance.

With an ear piercing scream, the ship starts shaking, and the entire deck glows blue. All the sudden, the souls appear, and the soon-to-be Kishin lifts the sword up. It screams again, and all the souls shoot right in its mouth, consuming them.

Kid: this can't be possible.

Patty: they must've been real hungry, huh?

Liz: (glares) bastard.

Cole: what do we do, Ann?

Ann: break their ass.

Crona then cries out in pain again, and a transformation happens. From it, the creature Ragnarok appears. Ann and Cole then get their weapons out and get ready to kill. However, the monster changes again, and soon its arms were wings, and the head and body turned back into the sword. Kid gets in one of his combat stances, and the others get in fighting stances of their own.

Kid: it's time to die.

Ann: now that is the smartest thing you've said all day.

Crona: I'm scared...of everyone. I need to learn to deal with people better, but to do that I need power.

Ragnarok: goo-bee.

Crona: do you want to know where the real hell is hiding? (Taps on their head) it's inside your head. If you get in my way, I'll have to kill you, you know.

Ann: you already made enemies with us when you tried to kill my sister and her partner.

All three disappeared, then reappeared on multiple sides of the person. They knock them in the air, and as Ann and Cole were slashing at them repeatedly, Kid was shooting them relentlessly until they blasted through the ship. However, the attacks didn't work, and they took off into the sky.

Ann: just like before. Our attacks can slow them down, but we can't kill them.

Cole: speaking of not dying, looks like the captain's trying to get back up.

They turn to see sure enough, the demon was still alive, and furious. He points out that as long as the Nidhogg was still floating, he couldn't die. And, to spite both the students and the dark Meister, he fires his cannons directly at them in an attempt to kill them. But, it didn't effect the team, and Crona was in a shield, protecting them.

Cole: this power... what's it doing?

Kid: the sword's wave length seems to be...swelling.

Crona: I hate... hate... hate... everyone! But that's all right, I can use my screams to blow them all away. I bet dead people are a lot easier to get along with.

Cole: have you considered seeing a therapist about this?

They ignore Cole's sassy remark, and instead build up enough energy into the sword, and fires a powerful slash on the ship. There was silence, and then the entire ship gets split right down the middle. As such, the captain was split as well.

Kid: the captain's dead.

Ann: and that sword's something. It even made a cut through the water.

Liz: hey guys, the demon sword!

Kid: what's that?

They look to see them flying away. Refusing to let them go, Kid summons his skate board, and Cole and Ann get their own boards out.

They gave chase for a while, but after the fog lifts, Kid becomes distracted by seeing symmetry in the sky. He goes off to see it, leaving the others. Eventually, they loose it, and knew they had to report back. However, the duo agreed that they need to confront Death about what they heard. If they're lucky, they'll know what's going on.

*DWMA*

Back at the school, Stein was in the hallway, conversating with Sid, and another teacher named Naigus. Recently, Stein was confronting Medusa about whether or not she could be a witch. She didn't confirm, but the professor left feeling shaken.

Sid: well, Stein?

Stein: yes, I'm certain of it. What about the location of Medusa's home?

Sid: already looked into it with Genji. I was a very meticulous man, you know. That hasn't changed.

Naigus: we can handle this case, Professor. All right?

Stein: Sid... Naigus... Just be careful. We're dealing with a witch here. It's not going to be easy.

Sid: trust me, Stein. We are aware of that. We've seen plenty of people lose their lives to witches during our time. We'll take all the necessary precautions.

Naigus: let's go, Sid.

Sid: yeah. (Exits with her) we just need to find physical evidence with her that she's a witch. Then Lord Death can issue a warrant for her.

They all go to their separate ways. In the Disciplinary room, Medusa contacts one of her loyalists, Eruka, and tells her to get a specific item from the room.

Medusa's Thoughts: our time is approaching. By then, the Kishin will be free. And, we'll just what your true heritage is, Cole Shimada.

Author's note: back at it with this book!
For those who don't know, I recently finished my latest KH book. As such, my OC, Arcturus, is now on vacation from big adventuring. And, since DVNT's still on hold, I figured I can get back into this. Now, since I'm still somewhat early in this book, I wanted to ask your guys' opinion on something. So far, I've been going off the anime since it's the only reference I have, but from what I've heard, the manga's better. So, would you guys like me to switch to the manga, or should I just keep going and change a few things that happened in the anime?
A team up with Kid, Liz, and Patty. I'm aiming to do at least one team up with each of the main three teams. Plus, they've had little interactions.
Reinhardt makes a mention. I already have plans to introduce Hanzo, but not sure about any other Overwatch characters.
Hoverboards are here. Since the duo needs a mode of transport, they have boards like Kid.

Next chapter: not entirely sure what to do, but Tsubaki learns more about Cole.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 741 55
Mari was five when her mom died, after, her dad becoming an alcoholic and locking her in their house after they found out she was a weapon and was 'd...
98.3K 2.8K 42
Yn was a NOT student at the DWMA. Her soul contained a unique and rare kind of weapon. A weapon that could turn into any form of axe based of the mie...
1.5K 79 23
The Soul Eater Division is the story of Detective Soul Eater, a Death Scythe who is yet unable to transform into a Scythe. She's the leader of her te...
233K 5.5K 25
Your name is, (Y/n) Thompson. You are the cousin of the two sisters Liz and Patty Thompson. Not too long ago you discovered you could turn into a wea...