The Stars (Yamaguchi x Tsukis...

By DizzyWriter123

A story about the Star's unrequited love for the Moon. Credits go to the photo owners! They are not mine! T... More

Prologue - Fake Courage -
Chapter 1 - Mr. Green -
Chapter 2 - The King -
Chapter 3 - Soggy Fries -
Chapter 4 - Confession -
Chapter 5 - Suck it Up -
Chapter 7 - Cold Days -
Chapter 8 - Rain -
Chapter 9 - Sorry -
Chapter 10 - Heights -
Chapter 11 - The Talk -
Chapter 12 - Heartbreak -
Chapter 13 - Party to Forget -
Chapter 14 - Monthsary -
Chapter 15 - Desperate-
Chapter 16 - A Smile -
Chapter 17 - Coming Together -
Chapter 18 - That Night -
Chapter 19 - Wishes -
Chapter 20 - Second Times the Charm -
Chapter 21 - Aftermath -
Chapter 22 - An Orgy To Forget -

Chapter 6 - Acceptance-

1.4K 58 71
By DizzyWriter123

It's been a month since the confession incident. Tsukishima is still the talk of the school because of the elaborate confession but Tsukishima just ignored them. Ignoring people is something the tall blonde has mastered at an early age. There's someone he can't always ignore, his childhood friend, Yamaguchi.

"Tsukki! Let's eat lunch together!

"Shut up, Yamaguchi." Tsukishima put on his headphones before leaving the room. 

"Sorry, Tsukki!" Yamaguchi chased after him.

The two were walking to school together and hanging out during lunch like before but of course, something has to change. Tsukishima asked their coach to skip practice for the day, he had a date with Kuroo. Even though they spent most of their time together in school like they usually do Yamaguchi can't help feeling lonely without his best friend especially during the times they should be spending time together, like volleyball practice.

"Where are you going Tsukki?" Yamaguchi asked him. The two were the only ones in the club room, changing for practice. 

"It's none of your fucking business, okay!?" Tsukishima suddenly snapped. He was as shocked as Yamaguchi. 

The tall blonde just immediately grabbed his things and left without saying anything else. Tsukishima would always act like this when Yamaguchi tries to ask him about his time with Kuroo. Perhaps he truly hasn't forgiven him, or was there something more? 

As the freckled boy left the club room, he saw Kuroo waiting by the gate of their school. The two met each other in a warm embrace before kissing. Kageyama and Hinata appeared to change clothes for practice too. Kagayema immediately noticed the expression on Yamaguchi's face. He looked hurt and on the verge of tears. 

"They kinda look good together huh?" Hinata approached the railings, while he looks at Kuroo and Tsukishima. 

Kageyama glared at Hinata. "Hinata you dumba-"

"Yeah, they look great." Yamaguchi suddenly turned to them. The two froze as they see tears dripping from Yamaguchi's cheeks. They can feel the pain in his soft voice. As soon as the freckled boy noticed it, he runs away from the two. 

The freckled boy didn't know where he was running to or why and just like that he noticed he was in front of his classroom. The room was empty but he still saw flashes of him and Tsukishima talking by their table. He leaned against the wall and slowly sat down. 

At practice, the team wondered why only Hinata came for practice, it turns out Kagayema run after Yamaguchi. Noya and Tanaka turned to one another, wearing devilish smiles on their faces before leaving the gym to search for them. Yamaguchi sat alone in the empty hallway, his back was against the wall.

The freckled boy knew he shouldn't feel like this anymore. He accepted that he was only going to be just a best friend and he was happy that they can go back the way there were but still, he can't help feel this sharp pain in his chest seeing Tsukishima with another person. He knows it was selfish of him to think this way, especially after what he did last time. 

Negative thoughts ate away at him until Kageyama appeared in front of him, holding up a milk carton for him. "I thought you might be thirsty," Kageyama smiled.  

Yamaguchi hesitated before taking the milk from The King's hand. "Thank you," He averted his eyes back to the ground. "You have to stop appearing in front of me with food. I'm starting to search for food when you talk to me, you know?" He chuckled a little.

Kageyama sat beside him, he took it as a compliment. It was quiet but for some reason, they didn't mind it. Kageyama didn't think the empty school can look so peaceful to him. It was different from the awkward silence they experience when they first hanged out together. 

After remembering it, he turned to Yamaguchi. "I didn't get a chance to thank you huh. " The King suddenly says. "So, thank you so much, Yamaguchi."

Yamaguchi turned to him, tilting his head. "For what?"

"The night at the park. When you saw me breaking up with that girl." Kageyama stared at the floor. Now that Yamaguchi remembers it, he did remember Kageyama was hanging out a lot with some girl from their school. "I just went out with her because she was annoying and wouldn't stop bothering me. I tried it, the relationship thing. Didn't work, obviously."

Even though he didn't love the girl, the girl clearly loved him and it was still hard breaking off with someone. He should have felt relief but instead, he felt guilty that night. 

"You didn't mean to hurt the girl right?" Yamaguchi said. "Plus, you did try and did the best for yourself. So it's different fro-"

"You didn't mean to hurt Tsukishima right?" Kagayema interrupted him. It was the first time he addressed the bean poles' name. "We can make mistakes or the right decision but that doesn't mean we won't hurt people. Your mistake was caused by your love for Tsukishima. My mistake was because I really don't how to act about love or how to love. We can still be better you know.

Each time Kageyama rejected a confession, they always cry in front of him and each time he sees them, he can feel a stinging feeling in his chest. Rejecting them not because he doesn't like the girl or thinks they're ugly but because he simply doesn't really know what love is or how he should feel about it. 

That night, he felt like he deserved to feel bad after breaking up with a girl that is obviously in love with him. To him, he didn't deserve the night with Tadashi. When the freckled boy invited him out, he felt happy and forgot about the pain he felt at that moment.

Without realizing it, as Kageyama was staring at the floor he grabbed Yamaguchi's hand holding it tight as the two sat beside each other. The freckled boy dropped the milk carton he was holding and slowly turned to The King.

Kageyama was wearing a different kind of expression. One he has never seen before. Kageyama looked like something from a painting at that moment. It was a combination of focus and serene. Oddly calming and beautiful.

"You helped me so much in one night, more than you can possibly know and I want to help you too," Kageyama turned to the freckled boy still wearing that gentle expression. "So, how can I help?"

Yamaguchi's eyes widened as a smile formed on his face as well. "You already have," He rested his head on Kageyam's shoulder pulling his hands away from the King's. Just like that, he felt a weight off his chest. Being there was enough for the freckled boy. For some reason, his heart feels at peace at that moment.

On the other hand, Kageyama flinched then froze. He blinked fast as his heart started to beat faster and faster. Before he knew it, Yamaguchi fell asleep. How can he sleep like this!?, he thought to himself, more like shouting to himself.

Tanaka and Noya looked around the halls for their 1st years, smirking when they finally found the two. They walked to them, slowly. When the King noticed them he panicked. "It's not what it looks like," Kageyama stuttered, trying to lower his voice as much as possible to not wake up Yamaguchi.

"Dude chill, we didn't even say anything yet." Noya laughed.

Tanaka crossed his arms, chuckling a little. "What do we have here, huh? Skipping practice for some alone time together?"

The freckled boy slowly pried his eyes opened and immediately stood up the moment realized he was still in Kageyama's arms. "I'm sorry," Yamaguchi said pressing his cheeks together. Tanaka and Noya's grin grew even bigger. "We should head back to the gym," 

The freckled boy runs off ahead. Without another word, Tanaka and Noya turned their heads to Kageyama, still wearing the grin on their faces. "Shut up," The King said before heading to the gym himself. 

As soon as Kageyama enters the gym, he locked eyes with Yamaguchi. The two quickly turned away from each other and walked to the other side of the gym, trying to hide their red beat faces. The entire team noticed this. 

"What was that?" Dachi said. 

"I hope they're okay, should I call the ambulance?" Asahi searched his bag for his phone. 

Sugawara saw Tanaka and Noya laughing the soon they walked in. "Hey, you two! Do you know anything about this?"

"Perhaps," Tanaka rubbed his chin. He looked at his partner in crime.

"We're not spilling the tea until it boils though," Noya said. The team was even more confused and now, worried.

Yachi approached Yamaguchi with a concerned look. "Are you okay?" She said. "You're red, do you have a fever."

"Yes, I'm fine Yachi!" Yamaguchi shook his head. 

Practice proceeded as normal except for Yamaguchi and Kageyama who didn't talk or interact with each other. For the team, them not interacting that much is normal. The team met up in the coach's store for announcements, preparing for the upcoming volleyball tournament.

Kageyama kept glancing at Yamaguchi during the meeting. His thoughts drifted as he stares at the freckled boy. Didn't notice it until now, but his freckles look like their stars. It's adorable. Wait, what am I thinking!?

"Kageyama! Are you listening!?" Coach Ukai shouted.

"Yes, sir!" He shouted back.

After hearing their coach's plan for the tournament and eating some meat buns they all decided to call it a night since they still have morning practice tomorrow. As they all dispersed, Kageyama pulled Yamaguchi aside. 

"What is it, Kageyama?" He stuttered. His eyes avoiding The King after remembering what happened early on.

There was a long paused, as Kagayema muster up the courage to talk. "Yams, wanna go home together?" He scratched his head. The freckled boy was shocked to hear him call him Yams, but he was happy since it did sound cute. 

Yamaguchi agrees with a big smile on his face. No one can see the stars that night, because they were on the ground, shining in the streets. 

- TO BE CONTINUED -

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

556K 20.1K 95
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
1.3M 50.8K 55
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
359K 21.4K 77
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
1M 34.7K 62
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...