hiraeth

By WaterMelonSugarLies

cutting someone completely off from your life is sometimes necessary for your peace, don't feel guilty for i... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
IMPORTANT
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
A Continuation?
Chapter 26
The end

Chapter 10

297 8 4
By WaterMelonSugarLies

***authors Note***
Hey guys! Okay so just wanted to say something and that being that this is the last chapter taking place in the following settings for I'm planning on doing a time jump kinda thing so.. yeah that's it :). Hope you guys enjoy!

***Weeks later***
"It's a family dinner and we're all invited, hence we have to go" said Felicity to her preteen son who argued otherwise.

"C'mon, I thought you liked the Menendez" stated Scarlett exiting the bathroom in a plaid (mid thigh length) dress.

"I do.. but I'd rather hang with kids my age.. like ur friend Julies kids, Aidan and Jude" said Mike as he looked over to his mom with puppy dog eyes.

"We're going and I'm not changing my mind" said Felicity sternly as she picked up her vibrating cell phone. "After all aunt Julie didn't invite us for a going away dinner, the Menendez family did and that's awfully nice of aunt kitty" stated felicity as she left the room.

"Hey, it'll be fun" Scarlett reassured her younger brother with a smile.
"Yeah, for you." Said Mike as he pushed past his sister whilst heading towards the bathroom.

(A photo for reference ^ in regards to what Scarlett wore)

The three got ready as it was there last day in California, school was to begin in a week and that meant back to work for Felicity. The Menendez family had invited the Hastings one last time before they were to departure for there home sweet home, Orlando, Florida.

***At dinner***
"Oh come on in" said Kitty as her guests entered her home, a glass of Rose held up high as she went in for a hug.
"Kitty, don't tell me ur drunk" said Felicity as she pulled away from the hug to get a better look at her friend. " shhhh.. nooo well maybe a little bit" Kitty continued with a toothy/cheeky smile.

The families sat in the den, all chattered away. Lyle and Ariel also joined the bunch for it was a dinner goodbye.
"Wait! You Got the PS5?!?!" Mike shouted at the top of his lungs as Erik informed him, "could I play?!?!?!!!" Begged Mike.

Whilst the children sat and chatted Kitty along with Felicity spent there time out on the patio enjoying a smoke.
"It smelt like a restaurant outside" said a heavy voice, catching everyone's attention. It was Jose, he'd just returned home from work. He looked cheery.. unlike his usual persona. "How're ma boys doing" he stated as he approached the den, where all the teens gathered.

Erik looked perplexedly towards his father, as did Scarlett for the multiple times she visited Erik over the past month.. he'd had a much different persona.

"You must be Mike and.. Stella? Felicity's kids"said Jose as his eyes landed upon the two guests.

"Um.. it's Scarlett sir" said scar for she found it quite odd that Mr. Menendez didn't remember her name, they'd met on multiple occasions... but then again never striked a conversation.

"Of course,my apologies." Replied Jose with an awkward yet uneasy smile " and of course Ariel" he continued.

***Later on the dinning table***
"The foods awesome aunt kitty" said Scarlett as everyone started to eat, across from her sat kitty and her mother. Besides her, on her right Ariel & Lyle. At the head of the table Mr.Menendez and to his left was Erik. (Mike ate by the tv hence he's not seated at the table)

"Oh please dear?! I didn't make this feast" said Kitty whilst a laugh escaped her. "Trust me no body else thought you did" replied Felicity laughing along with her.

The night went on and out came delicious platers, one after the other. Small talk circled the table as Lyle and Ariel spoke to each other in regards of school if not found some common ground, kitty and felicity drank as there hearts desired  and as for Erik and Scarlett, they talked amongst themselves fondly.

The night went quite smoothly.. atleast up until when deserts were brought out,  when all started to go south, "so you're a senior in high-school huh" said Jose out of the blue to Scarlett.
"Y.. no junior  sir" she replied for she was caught off guard.

"Taken the SAT yet" continued Jose whilst taking a bite of his desert, not even lifting an eye to look at Scarlett.

"Yes.." replied Scarlett for she now wondered where this so called conversation was to go.

"Yes..well what was your score ?" Said Jose mimicking her answer.
"It was an 1100" said Scarlett now looking away from Mr.menendez towards her mother who was clearly too drunk to process anything.

"Well that's a shame, I've been told ur father wants you to be a doctor of some kind, you think you can achieve that with such a score" his voice now heavy and condescending.

"No sir" replied Scarlett
"Well you know that's our dads dream,I'm sure she'll do something-" said Ariel trying to help her sister out before getting cutoff by Mr. Menendez.

"Erik scored a perfect score of 1500, first try too" said Jose with much pride in his voice.

Scarlett looked towards Erik for a brief second before toward her sister for she knew her drunk mother wasn't going to make a stand.

"Anyway good luck Stella" said Jose with a smile before returning back to his food.

"It's Scarlett" said Ariel for she was quite riled up by Jose's tone towards her sister.

"Stella Scarlett Silvia whatever" said Jose laughing it off "honestly one can't keep track with Erik huh" he continued.

"What" said Erik whilst looking at his fathers discourteous behaviour in disbelief. 
"Oh come on" Jose stated as his laughter continued.

"I guess we should get going" said Ariel getting up, "I'll drive mom" she continued trying to get her drunk mother's attention.

As the family prepared to leave they said there good byes and thanked the Menendez for the lovely dinner.
"I had a lotta fun hanging out with you this summer" said Erik as he approached Scarlett.
"Thanks" she replied with a thin smile as she walked past him, towards her younger brother Mike.

Making there way to the car, Ariel was the one to drive the family back to the Astoria hotel for there mother was too drunk to tell from left to right hence the 20year old took the role of the adult in the situation.

It was an odd evening, started off quite nicely it did. There was warmth and kindness yet as the day ended, everything went as cool as ice. It was the first time Scarlett was ridicule and that too by a man, the father of boy she oh so fondly liked yet now she thought otherwise. Guess felicity was right at the beginning of the trip, 'trust me you'll have enough of the LA life and would beg me to take you back home' her words lingered Scarlett's mind as they drove back to the hotel. Ariel reassured her, telling her the Jose was just being an ass and that he always was one, just like his sons. Hearing that didn't make it any easier. It didn't matter what he said but the fact that Erik let him.

It was an end of a ridiculously long summer for Scarlett and Mike but it was a life style for Erik, he hoped it wasn't always like this, always hoping for the turbulent sea to calm so that the sunlight would peek through the suffocating clouds causing tranquility in his life. It was this hope that kept him going, stupid hope.

***note***
Okayyy so I really hoped you guys liked this chapter because I know it was a little different and all .. but yeah! This is the last chapter from this 'time line' I will be doing a flash forward in the next chapter.

:)
Don't forget to
Vote/comment and share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

206K 7.2K 97
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
196K 4.1K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
921K 21.2K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
454K 31K 46
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...